[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1685878907015066.png (294 KB, 383x389)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
No, I'm not a tranny, a janny, or a woman. What have you made? Any tips/resources?
>Thanks for the help anons
>>
File: 1693616591082.jpg (24 KB, 739x415)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2790997
Your mom really appreciates the daily facial I give her.
>>
>>2790999
I fucked your dad last night, faggot
>>
>>2791000
That's gay
>>
>>2790997
Fat based cosmetics like oil cleansers and soaps are your best bet. Other stuff is usually a lot fussier when it comes to preservatives, preventing bacterial buildup, proper pH, etc.
If you're looking for cheaper alternatives for fancier products, I'd recommend going on skincarisma and searching by ingredient instead. Is there anything that you want to make in particular?
>>
>>2791011
You know what you're talking about.
>Skincarisma
Great resource, TY
>Is there anything that you want to make in particular?
- Body butter
- Beard oil
- Balm
As far as recipes I'd like to copycat? Osea's body butter - but it sounds like you'd suggest against that because it's not anhydrous - and Honest Amish's beard oil.
>>
>>2791013
>Beard oil
this one is easy, peppermint oil. grow peppermint (very very easy, its harder to stop growing it), get ~5kgs of it harvested, soak in water for a week and then reflux distillation. can also do rosemary if you prefer that
>>
>>2790997
Everything is made of 99% glaxal base plus random scents and trace, ineffective other shit like “rose petal stem cells” that chicks fawn over.

Glaxal base itself is made from water, petroleum jelly, cetearyl alcohol and wax.

Although they try and stretch the limits of legality because stupid people don’t know “aqua” is just fuckin water.
>>
File: moisturizer types.jpg (188 KB, 1024x1024)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
>>2791013
Thanks anon. I've found skincarisma to be really useful because I have skin allergies and it allows me to exclude and/or include certain ingredients.
As for Osea's body butter, I checked the ingredients and it seems to largely be composed of shea butter.
While Osea lists a variety of other ingredients, they seem to be in a relatively small amount as they are listed below fragrance oils and whatnot. Western brands have their ingredient lists sorted by percentage. As for other ingredients like seaweed, I've never heard of those having any particular benefits. INCIDecoder is a great website for evaluating skincare ingredients and how their effectiveness measures up to brands' claims. I would be skeptical about Osea's anti-aging claims. Sunscreen is your best bet for anything anti-aging related.
I think looking for a whipped shea and oatmeal based butter would be a solid substitute. Balms and body butters are pretty much the same, but body butters have a slightly lower percentage of occlusives as balms are designed to "seal in" damaged skin.
If you need a simple balm to cover up scrapes and chapped lips, then aquaphor should do the trick. It's basically a mix of petroleum jelly and panthenol.
As for Honest Amish's beard oil, it looks like it mostly consists of random oils and essential oils. Essential oils are only added for scent and they're not that great for your skin. If anything, it can be potential irritant and dry out your skin. I think a 50/50 blend of argan and jojoba oil would do the trick. Those are very popular in hair products. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.
>>
>>2791026
When I posted this to diy I wasn't sure if I was even going to get a response, let alone someone this helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciate you. I don't have any more questions. Thank you for the help and have a great week anon.
>>
>>2791030
Thank you anon. That means a lot. Have a great week too.
>>
Sort of but not really
I use a lot of home remedies for things though like vinegar and corn starch for swamp ass
>>
>>2791066
I'm almost scared to ask for specifics on what you're applying to your asshole to cure swamp ass
>>
>>2791069
Vinegar and cornstarch
>>
>>2791082
How? What's the mixture? How do you apply it
>>
>>2791083
I dampen a cloth or a paper towel with warm/hot water and spray vinegar on it and wipe the affected area, dry thoroughly, then use corn starch (crotch starch) to keep the area dry and yet strangely lubricated
>>
What does the vinegar do? Won't your ass smell like vinegar now?
>>
>>2791086
Vinegar doesnt smell when its dry
It just raises the ph enough to stave of any bacteria or fungus that might be causing irritation
>>
>>2791087
I thought you were trolling but now this is making a disturbing amount of sense. Thanks for your input - I think?
>>
>>2791088
It works on any kind of raw rubbing skin rash, i said swamp ass to be funny but i usually just get it in my pits and groin during the humid hiking season
>>
>>2790997
>does anyone DIY..
Yes. Don’t believe the commercial moisture lies Products with alcohol and fragrance are garbage. If your skin is dry use olive oil. If your skin is dirty make soap with olive oil and lye. This problem has been solved a millennia ago.
>>
>>2790999
>>2791000
DIGITS
>>
>>2790999
keked hard.
>>
I use straight lanolin (thick grease consistency) for chapstick, dry skin balm, hair styling, pretty much anything topical. its cheap and also a good base if you want to get more fancy. refined has a slight sheep scent which i like, but there are ultra refined ones that apparently have no scent
>>
>>2790999
Checked. OP is in shambles.

>>2791000
Checked. FP is in shambles.
>>
File: 1713013599938940.jpg (178 KB, 750x1000)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
>>2790997
There's a DIY hippy store in my city that sells oils and creams and has guides to make your own stuff.

toothpaste, shampoo,hair oil,deodorant (they even sell the roller bottles),shaving cream,soap,laundry detergent are what I get from them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.