[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4320.jpg (2.91 MB, 4032x2268)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
My first DIY project this year. I only had access to a hacksaw with hammer and nails do get this done so it took a while but it was pretty therapeutic to do. I still need to sand and coat but am wondering how much one of these would be at retail price. It’s 200cm by 150cm btw.
>>
>>2791435
Flat packed ones from Asia usually run about $30-60 in basic woods and finishes, about double for slightly better quality ones...hard to compare though since even the cheapest Chinese ones on Amazon have three dimensions and not justctwo.
>>
>>2791435
Not bad, was that originally a pallet?
>>
>>2791438
38 inches is not tall at all. That shelf is waist height and they're using tiny plants to make it look bigger.
>>
>>2791435
Nice work OP. Looks much better than my own attempts.
>>
excellent design for a cat tree
>>
>>2791435
Not bad at all with your limited tooling anon!
>>
File: IMG_4337.jpg (3.18 MB, 2268x4032)
3.18 MB
3.18 MB JPG
>>2791445
No I bought 20 of pic related and pieced it together
>>2791469
>>2791557
Thank you anon
>>2791533
I was thinking that the whole time it will look complete when it’s full of pots and plants

I’m going to have a hanging plant on the top plank hanging off too
>>
your garden is hell, are you a dentist?
>>
>>2791435
>>2791438
Good job.

Next time I would try to do more even gaps between the slats, some are closer than others, but that would be a shitty cut with a hacksaw.
>>
>>2791987
>try to do more even gaps between the slats

My god I did not notice that horrible work.
>>
>>2791988
I mean if you wanted to fix it, you could yank em up, just the top boards and do the math so they’re all even. But then to satisfy my autism, you would probably have to cut a couple boards lengthwise, and that’s rough without a table saw. But you could probably cut notches in the corners fairly easily like on those bottom shelves.

Or forget about it and try to factor that in to the design on the next one.

The last project I did that was similar, I cut a couple small wood pieces to space out the slats evenly, and then left the gaps at either end to be whatever they ended up being. But I learn a little more every wood project I do so somebody more experienced probably has a better idea.
>>
>>2791435
i made a 8x8x6 catio for under 100. and $100 catios on amazon are basically shoeboxes
>>
>>2791438
Does it wobble
>>
>>2791435
>I only had access to a hacksaw
Your willpower is impressive.
>>
>>2791435
Dear 4chan, Today OP was pretty cool.

PS , don't worry about the spacing, it looks intentional. If anyone mentions it , say you did it to balance both sides visually.

>>2792730
agreed

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.