[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What needs to be done to mouse proof old places like this with lots of random little holes?

Thinking of buying the place in rural Australia.

There's mouse droppings around...
>>
>>2791740
get a cat
>>
>>2791740
> Thinking of buying the place in rural Australia.
Mice will be the last thing you’ll be worrying about m8
>>
a house made of brick and cement not sticks
>>
>>2791740
You'll never get all the holes, plus it isn't your job to fix your landlords shanty. Honestly getting a cat will be the most economical and realistic option, you can adopt one for free and unless it gets sick they don't eat all that much and their food is inexpensive.

>T. Lived in a mouse infested shit hole but mice dared not enter the living space because my car would eviscerate them instantly
>>
>>2791969
>You'll never get all the holes,
Not true unless you live in a barn. It's not easy, but far from impossible. I trapped about one mouse a day until I went around and sealed every opening. The main ones for me were around wires and pipes. I still had one mouse every few months until I found a hidden opening where a bundle of copper pipes had a pathway in the interior. After I got that one I never had another mouse, and it's been years.
>>
>>2791740
Just get a snake. Do they have those in Australia?
>>
>>2791740
encourage owls to live around your house they eat mice
>>
>>2791740
get a cat
>>
>>2791740
make a trail of cheese leading outside, small pieces inside getting bigger as they go out
>>
Poison
>>
>>2791740
Mortar all the holes with a putty knife or grout bag. Vermin like to all enter using the same disgusting path like a parade of filthy ants. You can poison them, but stopping their entry and removing all access to your food works just the same. Most people get nests under their kitchen cabinets or in walls from leaving pet food out at all times. Bucket traps can work.
>>
File: 82318.png (466 KB, 1013x382)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>2791740
You need The Mink Man!
>>
Seal every opening with caulking, or pest-blocking expanding foam, or mortar like the other guy said.
t. did this and it vastly improved the pest situation
>>
File: b6c.png (105 KB, 500x500)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>2791743
>>2791969
>>2792018
Cat won't do shit because cat can't crawl into the 1/2" hole.
Cats are great at cleaning up critters outside.
>>2791740
peppermint oil to keep mice out
salty gluten meal bait to kill them if you have an infestation
>>
>>2791740
don't leave food out
>>
File: 1707802685091.jpg (1.04 MB, 2592x1944)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>2791740
First you have to seal up every potential entry point. Then it's a matter of putting
>bait stations around the perimeter of the house
>bait stations inside the house
>bait stations literally everywhere
Remember that a mouse can live its entire life within a 15 ft radius of where it was born. If your bait station or mouse trap is 16 ft away then the little cunt might never even see it.
>>
> mouse
Enjoy your hantavirus.
Luckily it’s only around 50% fatal.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.