[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: CluneA_C.jpg (914 KB, 1530x2040)
914 KB
914 KB JPG
Not really DIY but could use advice here:
-ac not working, condensor coil leaking
-part is under warranty, ac company keeps saying part backordered
-ac company gives fuck all and it's been broken for 6 weeks now
ac unit it was replaced in august 2018, what do?
>>
>>2803632
>Request list of parts
>Go to the HVAC warehouse
>Ask if the parts are back ordered
>They’re probably not
>Ask warehouse to email you proof that the parts are in stock
>Call HVAC company every single day when they open until they come fix it.
>>
>>2803632
Well, there are a few questions to help us help you.
Is it the one in the picture?
If not, what brand?
Provide a picture of the sticker on it and I can probably look up the part you need.

But this Anon>>2803646
has the correct method. Plus, worst case(?), if you have proof of the part being in stock and show them and they don't do their job-lawsuit.
>>
>>2803661
Oh, and to add to this, if it IS a Trane model, then there's your actual problem. They're overpriced shit.
>>
File: 1713467675068088.jpg (2.96 MB, 3024x4032)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
>>2803661
I'm not home. I've had to move out the last few days but I can get that information tomorrow. It's a lennox system. Might be a 13ACX? Can confirm later.

Here's a pic of when I went to clean the coils...
>>
>>2803664
That doesnt look like a merit, its prob an EL16X or EL17X. The coil is leaking? Leaking the refrigerant? A whole condenser coil doesnt take 6 weeks to manufacture and ship. A reputable company would have just warrantied the whole unit anyway.
>>
>>2803692
I think it is a EL16X or EL17X, that sounds familiar. I really am not entirely sure, but I was told it's leaking refrigerant. I think they had a warranty of 10yrs and it's been less than 6
>>
File: IMG_4835.jpg (2.41 MB, 3024x4032)
2.41 MB
2.41 MB JPG
>>2803661
>>2803692
EL16XC1-030-230A02 is model number
>>
>>2803716
>I think they had a warranty of 10yrs
usually only the compressor has a 10 year warranty and the rest of it is 5 years (or less).
>>
>>2803901
they told me it was all under warranty for 10yrs. they're not charging for coils
>>
Hng
>>
T
>>
>>2803632
update to the story. they never got a coil and somehow pressed lennox for a new unit. unit came in yesterday and they're going to install next week. everything under warranty, just paying refrigerant and labor
>>
grats on your new condenser op and thanks for giving an update. lennox/your company prob just wants to offload as many 410 units as they can

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.