[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How the hell do you remove this fucking thing from your work clothes and how the fuck do you stop it from leaking when screwing the can to the gun?
>>
>>2815821
Muriatic acid
>>
Acetone.
Or just do what everybody else does and wear a pair of clothes you don't care about.
>>
>>2815821
Are those "pro" guns worth it? Every time I have checked the canisters cost more than an equal sized disposable can and I imagine there would have to be some cleanup. I think I would rather just chuck the damn can in the trash when I'm done...
>>
Acetone. Let the foam dry before cleaning otherwise you'll spread it around into an uncleanable greasy mess. Knowing what you're dealing with is half the battle.
>>
>>2815826
This. If it's fully cured you might just have to throw it away though.
>>
>>2815828
The problem with disposables is that no matter how careful you are on clean up the fuckers gunk up and never want to work again if left sitting for more than a day or two, they are essentially one time use. The canisters for the guns don't have that problem in my experience and can last a lot longer, just make sure to pay for the gun cleaning canister and use even if your just leaving the job for a half hour or so
>>
>>2815867
>>2815828

I bought one of these guns thinking I could avoid this problem but the "pro" gun has the same problem but with a bigger investment, even if you use the gun cleaning can. not really more economical either when you take into account you have to buy a 60 dollar gun, the cleaning cans and more expensive foam cans. ESPECIALLY when your constantly fighting the gunk in the gun.

I eventually gave up and went back to regular foam cans
>>
>>2815828
I use them daily for work and they seem fine and they don't have any maintenance done to them on a daily basis.
>>
>>2815870
Idk what to tell you, you must be doing something wrong cleaning the gun. Where I am the cans are the same price and whilst the initial investment seems a bit steep it pays for itself in the long run since you are not throwing out half full cans because they were left for a bit like with the disposables.
Saying that if your are not using spray foam on the regular just stick with the disposables since the gun won't get enough use to be economical
>>
>>2815821
stop using that crap, there is always a better option
>>
Buy the cans with included plastic nozzle, use acetone to clean your WORKING clothes
>>
>>2815821
>>2818032
>>
>>2815828
yes!
i can use the same can for months even years, without the gun once you open a can it has to be used that day.
only cleanup required is to scrape off the tip before use.
its one of thoose things that pro's use for a reason and they use the same canisters so i dont get how you find a price difference there?
>>
>>2815821
When you you wash you work clothes, simply add about a quart of acetone to the wash along with soap. The dried expandable foam dissolves like it was never there.
>>
>>2818287
seriously, it is almost always a sign of a sloppy job and sometimes is not even simpler to do with that fucking foam
>>
>>2818032
this, so much this
>>
>>2820678
thanks that worked great, incidentally how do I replace the seals and hoses and all plastic parts on my washing machine?
>>
>>2824388
LMAO!!!!
>>
modern construction.. be sloppy then just fill it with foam...
>>
>>2815838
Acetone is going to take quite some time to break down cured foam. Not trying to be rude but you sound like you have no idea what you’re talking about unless I’m missing something.
>>
>>2815867
>The problem with disposables is that no matter how careful you are on clean up the fuckers gunk up and never want to work again if left sitting for more than a day or two, they are essentially one time use.
Absolutely false. I have cans last for a year. All you have to do is flush the applicator and nozzle with acetone. A syringe helps. You can also just pour a little in the acetone container cap and pour it in. Some will spill but it will go in.
>>
>>2824963
Posted this before reading >>2820678. I guess I don’t know what I’m talking about.
>>
>>2815850
Work for a rental place, we had a lift come back, covered in that green fire resistant foam stuff.
Management basically told the place that did the damage they either just bought a $90,000 Z boom, or they could send people by to clean the shit off. The lift went away for a few weeks and came back looking like new. Heard it cost the place that fucked it up around $5000 to clean all that shit off.
>>
>>2815821
gasoline or acetone
>>
>>2815821
you're gonna have to chew it out

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.