[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fly screen.jpg (200 KB, 630x630)
200 KB
200 KB JPG
How do I best fix this?
Short story: for personal reasons, I need to be able to "throw" something outside of my window (won't go into further detail here). But I only have one window in my room, and it has a flyscreen (pic related). I need an opening the size of something pic related red square. But the problem is, I need something to be able to close it so I the fly screen is still fully effective when I need it for fresh air.
I was personally thinking of cutting out a square with a knife and using hook-and-loop fasteners (Velcro) and just use some cloth to be able to open and close it?

How would you guys best do this?
>>
>>2816282
you need to be 18 to post here
>>
>>2816295
ah I see, this is basically a sideboard of /k/ then?
well have fun fucking each other in the ass with your circlejerk board mates
>>
>>2816302
See >>2816295
>>
if you throw your cum tissues out the window you're going to get mushrooms
>>
File: shopping.jpg (72 KB, 450x264)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
One way would be magnet strips around your square to just put it back into place.
>>
/diy/ would be infinitely better if any OP posting with the words "apartment, rent, flat, my room" were banned for 7 days
>>
>>2816282
Just smoke outside, lmao
>>
File: 1712706450370333.jpg (120 KB, 640x640)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2816302
k bye
>>
>>2816282
>How do I best fix this?
I have the perfect solution for you but I won't go into further detail here.
Have a nice day.
>>
>>2816302
You're 16 and have no friends. No one on /k/ likes you because you're not old enough to post or even own weapons.
>>
File: reaction.jpg (72 KB, 640x640)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2816282
>>
>>2816282
>Short story: for personal reasons, I need to be able to "throw" something outside of my window
Why is throw in quotations?
>>
>>2816610
it's probably glory hole anon, but he forgot nobody using a glory hole wants to be able to see who's on the other side
>>
>>2816349
I had this happen and they were not edible mushrooms.
>>
>>2816613
how do you know unless you try
>>
>>2816675
Yes
>>
>>2816282
Cut the bottom right corner along the edge, you can stick your hand out. It will look normal when resting. Maybe use some black electrical tape to keep it closed.
>>
>>2816680
he could use a needle or two
>>
>>2816282
Your parents aren’t going to want you cutting up their screen. Just stop smoking whatever it is while living in your parent’s home. Now do some studying because 10th grade math is going to be a bitch for you hooplehead.
>>
Cut a square hole in the screen.
Got to the hardware store and get a little bit of screen and some magnetic tape/strip.
Cut the new screen into a square that's larger than the hole you cut on 3 sides by the width of the magnetic strip.
Glue the magnetic strips to the bottom and side edges of the screen flap and screen hole.
Sew/weave the top edge of the screen flap to the top of the screen hole with something like fishing line that's not going to degrade.
Sit back and enjoy how easy it is now to dump your piss bottles into the hedges outside without anyone knowing.
>>
>>2816610
he's pissing out the window
>>
It never fails to amaze me even decades later how even the most retarded ham radio anon can run a pipe/hose shaped object out a wall of his house about six million times more effectively than the average pot smoker trying to exhaust his smoke.
>>
>>2816282
Hello fellow smoker.
>>
>>2816680
Hey that's not a bad idea, thanks.
>>
>>2816893
>Sit back and enjoy how easy it is now to dump your piss bottles into the hedges outside without anyone knowing.
Anon.. that's not what I'm planning t-to do o-ok??

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.