[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3759.jpg (2.19 MB, 4032x3024)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB JPG
Hello
Any welderbros here can tell me if this metal can be welded together and how

>metal rod of this tent broke in half due to rust on the inside
>the only thing holding them together is the red tape and just a little metal part that did not break
>tape can’t last forever because the hinges slide on the rod to close the tent
>I don’t know exactly what type of metal it is, my guess is either aluminum or tin because it’s very light

Thanks welderbros
>>
>>2817334
Picrel for some reason got rotated lmao
>>
>>2817334
>welded together and how
It's probably aluminium.

Personally, I'd get a piece of square metal tube that could fit inside and rivet it to the good pieces. Or wood and bolts
>>
>>2817336
Wood and bolts are off the table because there’s a sliding piece

We could try with the square pipe
>>
>>2817334
Look up rosette welding - sliding new metal inside the cut part and drilling just the outer tubing to expose the inner new metal.
And then look up alumaweld sticks off amazon (really its brazing with a map gas torch)
I think the home depot metal aisle will have a perfect bit to use as the inner part for the rosette weld.
Then sand so the slider goes over it all.
>>
File: thinkstupid.png (36 KB, 716x512)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>2817334
aluminum wouldn't rust
>>
File: fix it.png (93 KB, 558x361)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>2817338
you could put a slightly oversized piece of square wood in the tube and then counter sink small screws in the metal leaving it flat and attached.
>>
>>2817360
this, cheap and easy, and you get to buy a countersink bit and choose screws to match

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.