[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

So, im wheelchair bound, i would like to thighten screws on my celing fan. Around 130cm (around 4,2 feet) should do it. i could ask a friend but i also want a stupidly long screwdriver. I cant find one. Have you guys seen anything like it. i thought about alot of extenders, but that would be heavyer, and more money as i dont have that many laying around.
Other suggestions?
>>
Dottie makes a telescoping rod that accepts several tips, one of which is a bit holder. Probably prohibitively expensive, though. They sell the bit by itself, but you'd have to fashion a way to connect it to a telescoping rod.

I'd buy a length of 3/4" cpvc, shave down a screwdriver handle to fit, then epoxy it into place.
>>
File: drillbitextender.jpg (83 KB, 1500x1499)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>2821472
Just get as many 12" drill bit extenders as you need and connect them all together. Put the end of it on a multi-bit screwdriver
>>
>>2821481
pvc is a good idea, but it is plastic you can form it. get some metal pipe smaller than the pvc. put the metal tube then the pvc into your car exhaust. shove the screwdriver into the warm pvc pipe and lay a sand bag on it to form to the screwdriver handle.
I would use a ratcheting or yankee screwdriver less fuss
>>
>>2821498
doesn't matter if it's floppy at length, the rotational force is all that's required, just takes longer to find the hole
>>
>>2821535
Story of my life
>>
>>2821535
Schedule 40 PVC at that length wouldn’t even be very floppy, especially if you chop off like 2/3 of the handle of a screwdriver and somehow fasten the rest to the pipe.

You can find some pretty long socket extensions too, but anything larger than 1/4” drive is going to be heavy.

Just remember anon, if Joe Biden can run this country into the ground, you can tighten those screws on your cieling fan, even if you’re an retarded cripple.
>>
>>2821472
Just slap a regular length screwdriver to a drone and do it remotely.
>>
>>2821496
OP here, i went for this. 25 ish for 5 of them on aliexpress. Thanks for great ideas.
>>
>>2821610
based
>>
just stand up
>>
>>2821630
+1

Kids these days are goddamn lazy
>>
>>
>>2821472
no offense to you but this is a job that's best left to someone who can put two hands at that height. maybe if you had a hydraulic jack you could put under your wheelchair you could do it yourself, but generally you need two hands up there and not just a screwdriver. 1 hand to hold the fan blades in order to keep the screwdriver working against the screw the way that it should, the other for the screwdriver. just ask someone else to do it for you. wheel your ass out on the sidewalk and wait for someone to walk by. go meet your neighbors if you haven't already. if you can't make friends with people enough to ask such a simple favor then maybe you don't deserve to have the screws tightened until you can be a better person.
>>
>>2821537

okay social distortion *rolls eyes*

Sorry OP. I am not wheelchair bound but normally I sit in one and sound my dick with a drill bit, pop a wheely and spin a bit when I need something changed on my fan. unfortunately this means I can only live in places with vaulted ceilings

if you had one of those self screwing bits at the end it might take some of the torque of the long rod and you might get some more leverage pushing than twisting but idk if those are reversible like rachets. that wasn't a prolapse joke but I hope you enjoyed my thots
>>
File: fuck you grandma.webm (116 KB, 720x480)
116 KB
116 KB WEBM
>>2821709
>>
>>2821709
the cripple should buy a pair of robotic arms and attach to his wheelchair
>>
>>2821715
I'm one of many grandchildren, I love my grandma and if she needed her ceiling fan fixed it would be done already.
>>
>so, i'm wheelchair bound
skill issue desu
>>
>>2821472
Is your clockwise strength better than counter-clockwise? This will make a big difference!
>>
Man up and stand up
>>
This is a cringe thread…I guess you goobs think youre cute. Exchange numbers faggots
>>
>>2821830
Back to bleppid
>>
I bought a telescoping lightbulb changer awhile back, goes like 6' to 18' and is pretty rigid.

It wouldn't be too hard to ziptie a screwdriver in the claw it uses.
>>
How the fuck are you going to aim a 4-foot screwdriver
>>
>>2823139
>>
>>2821472
What's your price range?
>>
>>2821472
I'd get a 1/4"-3/8" piece of drill rod 4' long, file one end into a driver shape, heat treat it, then slap a handle on the other end.
>>
>>2821472
I wrote to Wiha Canada, and they basically told me they could make it, with a minimum order of 5000 units.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.