[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Even if you were to save enough money to buy some animals the land prices are simply impossible to afford yet there are so many lands that nobody uses. How can then one become a bio pastoralist in the sense of not letting your animals graze near a city because everything there is polluted?
>>
>>2822295
The easy way is to be part of a family that have grazing rights since the dark ages. Either by birth or by marrying into one.
>>
>>2822304
That's not easy at all.
>>
I’ll save you a bunch of time and just tell you it can’t be done. Even if you have no other expenses than the land itself you will never be able to pay for it because you’ll never produce enough to compete with production agriculture. You can even sell your animals at a premium and you won’t even come close to handling the dollars needed. Do it for a hobby and get a fucking job.
>>
bro everything you said can be done in fucking texas az or california
all you need is the money to buy land and taxes on said land

you can get a gun to protect them
and dogs

why the fuck do you want to encroach on some ancient shit

im mexican
and i stay the fuck out of mexico
and we own land in mexico from ancestors
that generational shit is crazy
you will get murdered or an actual curse put on you and have a fucking severed animal head on your doorstep
>>
>>2822295
Lol we're too poor to be sheperds
>>
File: 1630475981886.png (128 KB, 399x388)
128 KB
128 KB PNG
>>2823294
well shit. thats the most depressing thing Ive read all year.
>>
My father in law is a bio farmer here in Europe. Not actually that difficult to do, get a lease on some land, get seeds, get an old traktor and you can start.
He just lives around 3km from his field.
You don't need anything fancy to start, you can start small scale and build up.
>>
>>2823737
How big is the land that he has?
>>
Probably the best thing you could do is move away from that shithole Europe. With that being said I wouldn't even want to be a farmer/rancher starting out from scratch in the U.S. either. It takes a huge time and money investment to get started in agriculture if you plan on making much money at all. And then 90% of that money you do make must be re-invested into the farm for countless years in order to fix things up to the point where its not back breaking bring the suck work every day of every summer. Even when you get to the point where you have everything fixed up properly, there are still days where you just cannot avoid back-breaking labor because thatis what is required.
>>
>>2823928
Even the Africans do it without any effort. Just let the animals graze and that's it.
>>
>>2822295
There are countries in Europe that pay you per head of goat if you use them as a forest fire prevention method.
>>
>>2824538
>Even the Africans do it without any effort. Just let the animals graze and that's it.
Do they actually own the land they graze and maintain it or are they basically professional squatters with animals?
>>
>>2824538
>that's it.
Pastoral Africans don't have mortgages
>>
>>2822295
>land prices are simply impossible to afford
What? At least here in Germany, you can buy enough land to live off for the price of a mid-size car. And that's not even considering "unuseable" land in nature preserves where you're not allowed to grow anything, but can still pasture animals. Land like that is often even given away for free (well, almost free - to register as the new owner with the state, there's a small fee that's in the single digits for 1000m2 of pasture iirc).

if you're halfway social, you can even get city / state permission to graze on public land. I've not been able to do this myself because of legal trouble with the bureaucrats here but I know several people that have sucked up to them enough to get free grazing or even earn money by "renting" their sheep to the city.
>>
russia

tons of land. can use more farmers. that small youtube family of 8 children moved there. i think they already have land and are building a house. they saw the globohomo canada jeet future and were correct about it being bleak for their sons and daughters.

there's a certain amount of visas per year for people moving there given by each district. it would help if you did wooffing first, interning somewhere and getting your skills up to speed.
>>
>>2824666
yeah, no
not until moscow separates from russia
>>
you must be wary of neighbors
again
there people are fucking crazy

i own a ranch right outside the indian reservation
the indians are full on stereotypes
drinking smoking meth
they steal everything
my neighbor actually gave the sheriff of there shithole a quad and they actually leave us alone know

but you have to be very carfull
people are fucking nuts
neighbors in those areas
act like pieces of land they always visit
are theres
even if they are yours

you need to be so freindly to your neighbors
and realize they are crazy fucks

buy a gun
a dog
socialize very small amounts
dont make the fuckers jelouse
like i said im from mexico
we have fucking witches place fucking curses on people in the town

its all fun until you find a fucking altar at your doorstep
>>
also not to be all doom and gloom
its not actually expensive to find an old farm with a well
you just have to be willing to live a few hours from town

for instance speaking of the usa
there are places that let you grace on public lands

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.