[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000028990.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
currently trying to rid the lawn of gophers, I have been using a car exhaust adapter to try and get them but have noticed new mounds of dirt after a week. unsure if everything is properly sealed aside from the visable holes, would using seafoam in the car oil to create smoke while using the car exhaust adapter cause any damage to the car?
>>
>>2824230
phostoxin
>>
>>2824256
I would use that but there are pets and dogs in the area, the gophers are going back and fourth between neighbors yards. would want one to die in someone's yard and their dog digs it up and eats it.
>>
>>2824230
>car exhaust
you know this hasn't been lethal since m.y. 1975 right? fucking idiot.
>>
>>2824230
Seafoam is a boomer snake oil scam and will probably clog your exhaust system with shit and destroy your catalytic converter.
If you want to make toxic gases just mix bleach and hydrochloric acid (muriatic acid for mutts) in a bottle. Make a hole in the lid of the bottle, stick a hose in and blast those fuckers with Chlorine like in world war 1.
>>
>>2824276
>Seafoam is a boomer snake oil scam
it's not but I wouldn't expect a kid too scared to get a drivers license to understand what it's for.
>>
>>2824278
it's for brain-dead boomers to blow massive amounts of smoke all over the neighborhood in the belief that they are "cleaning" their engine because it has special chemicals or whatever nonsense.
in reality plain old water does just as well at removing carbon deposits if sprayed slowly through the intake and results in much less smoke.
retarded Boomers at my last job used a similar product to "clean" engines blowing smoke all over the place but it didn't actually fix problems becuase they wouldn't use this snake oil garbage on engines that were actually low on power or rough running. they always measured it hot after running and basedfaced at the fact that the hot compression numbers were higher.
>>
>>2824230
You have to put it in your gasoline, not the crankcase, to get the smoke.
>>
Light up a solid fuel grill and pump all the smoke and gasses into the gopher holes, between the C0 and smoke they'll go pretty quick.

If you want to use your car you'll need to bypass the catalytic converter, you're losing greenhouse gasses to it.
>>
>>2824276
you're telling me project farm is a LIE??

https://youtu.be/agAWXnT4-EQ?si=qJZVyT42ikhj1gcS
>>
>>2824323
>watching project hack
Im not going to click his video, if you have a dirty intake use an intake cleaner, itll clean better and you wont destroy your oil and catalytic converter.
>>
>>2824323
>SEAFOAM! CANT BELIEVE WHAT IT DID TO MY ENGINE! BUY THIS MECHANIC IN A BOTTLE PRODUCT NOW! AMAZON AFFILIATE IN DESCRIPTION!
ok buddy
>>
>>2824290
lol didnt even notice before that he suggested mixing it with his oil. 100% troll thread anyway
>>
>>2824324
>>2824326
>>2824327
Ok, samefag.
>>
>>2824331
>people called you a faggot
>you screamed at the top of your lungs "WERE GONNA TEST THAT!"
>you proceeded to go blow a bunch of random dudes at the truck stop
Todd does it again!
>>
>>2824335
>>
>>2824290
The gas? It goes in an intake manifold vacuum line if you want smoke.
>>
>>2824230
Have you tried calcuim carbide?
Works for moles, maybe will work for goophers too? Just put a piece or two into every hole you can find and pour in the water over it, cover afterwards if possible, do not ignite.
>>
>>2824230
Do they still make those rectangular sticks of mole gasser smoke generators that you would poke a dynamite fuse looking thing into and stuff through the roof of a mole tube, then light the fuse and wait for heavy white smoke to waft out of various places in your yard as it filled up the mole tube?
my pops would use that stuff in the 1980’s and I used to love watching the smoke puff out hallway across the lawn.
I wonder if they ever banned it? I have no idea if it worked or not but it was fun.
>>
>>2824391
Ok finally found the brand
from the box:
NOTT SMOKE’em
KILLS MOLES IN THEIR HOLES
Contains potassium nitrate, sulphur, and sawdust
Works on moles, wood-chucks, ground squirrels and ground wasps

I didn’t even know wood-chucks were a problem.
>>
>>2824393
OCR from back of the box
>MOLES: When surface ridges are present locate active runways by collapsing the ridge at several scattered points. Active runways will be re-constructed next day. Carefully punch a hole in the top of active tunnels, light fuse, insert fuse end first and carefully close the hole. Take care not to again collapse the tunnel or allow loose soil to smother the cartridge. When a series of conical mounds is present remove center plug with the aid of a long-handled spoon. Light fuse, insert fuse end first into the underground tunnel. Close opening with rock or sod. WOODCHUCKS: Locate all entrances. Select one for use and close all other entrances with rock and dirt. Light fuse, insert fuse end first. Cover with rock and dirt being careful not to smother the cartridge with dirt. Consult state game laws before using this product for woodchuck control. GROUND SQUIRRELS: Light. fuse, insert fuse end first and cover hole being careful not to smother the cart- ridge with loose dirt. GROUND WASPS: Treat 1ate in the evening when all Wasps are inside. Devise appropriate means to insert lighted cartridge without being stung. As an example, hang cartridge at the end of a long pole. Light fuse and guide cartridge into hole with fuse end first. Cover with rock or sod being careful not to smother the lighted cartridge. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Potassium Nitrate 46.2% Sulphur 34.8% Sawdust 8.7% INERT INGREDIENTS 10.3% Total 100.0%

I like the “Devise appropriate means to insert lighted cartridge without being stung.”
You don’t see enough products these days which specifically tell you to figure the shit out yourself.
>>
>>2824395
I imagine that if they specified a certain way and someone would botch it trying to execute it, it would end in a lawsuit. As it is, instruction says
>insert without getting stung
You got stung? You obviously did it wrong, instruction clearly said to not do that, its your own fault, we're innocent.
>>
>>2824399
probably you’re right
Also I just realized when looking at the ingredients again that it’s basically a recipe for standard gunpowder but with the charcoal replaced with sawdust.
>>
>>2824404
Huh, could you separate sawdust from the rest of ingredients, replace it with charcoal and have some fun that way?
>>
>>2824285
Real boomers should know about water (and the Bon Ani ring seating trick which I've done) to decarbonize combustion chambers
>>
>>2824407
you could probably just crush it to powder and mix it with ground-up charcoal to make a very poor grade of gunpowder suitable for launching large diamonds out of a piece of bamboo at a green lizard man on some alien planet
trying to purify it to make make proper black powder would probably be way more work than it would be worth considering this was sold in 1970’s America where you could buy big drums of gunpowder and walk home from the store leaving a long trail behind you for a rabbit to find and light
>>
>>2824272
this, diesel engine never worked not even in 1933
and modern gasoline engines have not enought co as well.

use your lawnmower
>>
>>2824355
>posts of picture of his Magic Mr Johnson Cocktail he has to take every day
Wow, thats a lot of damage to my T cells!
>>
Build a tower with a platform on top for a bird of prey to nest in. Attract birds by throwing meat on your lawn until they come to eat. Repeat the feedings. When the birds decide to nest on the pole, they will kill absolutely every single gopher in a wide radius around your house and feed it to their chicks, who will then grow up with a taste for gopher. Pit nature against itself.
>>
>>2824437
Heh
>>
>>2824230
I have a tiny yard but I simply buried a layer of metallic mesh.
>>
>>2824269
And?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.