[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PXL_20240714_063754464~2.jpg (1.99 MB, 4080x3072)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
Can I place my mattress directly on this, and then on my carpet floor, and be safe from mould and condensation? If not, what if I make deep cuts into it every inch or so, which would allow for ventilation
>>
The mattress compressing against a surface IS what traps moisture.
That is clearly a surface. Just do the useful thing and buy some planks and lay them in 2 layers with crossing directions.
>>
>>2824770
Mattress should be at least 6” off ground to avoid insect infestation.
>>
>>2824770
>>2824795

If you got moisture under your mattress then it sounds like you have a bigger problem than using a pad. You won't get moisture there under normal conditions. What piece of shit house you live in? Do you piss your bed or wipe your cum under the mattress? There should be no reason for moisture to be there unless you 500 pounds have no AC and sweat profusely in bed.
>>
>>2826512
Ground moisture is always rising through every structure.
>>
>>2826552

where the fuck does ground moisture wick up thru house floorboards and carpet to make a goddamn mattress wet? you are a retard shutup
>>
>>2826677
It’s a vapor.
>>
Get a cheap bed frame from Amazon. I got a wood one cheaper than I could buy the wood for at the time. Left the legs off because it was going in a teardrop camper. Works great for air to circulate underneath.
>>
Just pick it up and let it air out against the wall a few times a month
>>
>>2826680

if vapor can seep thru your floorboards and anything else under your house, then its time to re-evaluate your life and wonder why you are living in a cardboard box. no normal home will wick up moisture from underneath and saturate floorboards. if so every house in the world would do that and people would be replacing subfloors all the time. stop talking out your ass. go learn some basic construction methods then come back and pretend like you know something.
>>
>>2826825
>wick up moisture
It’s a vapor.
>saturate floorboards
It’s a vapor. But it can be trapped by impervious synthetics such as mattress foam.
>>
>>2824770
No, that won't work, however making a ghetto bedframe that will provide plenty of ventilation is cheap and easy if you have any diy chops. Build a platform like you would if you were building a floor and drill some 1/4 in holes spaced at least 2" apart all over the plywood. Then give it some legs that lift it at least 1/2" off the ground. I used this with my custom mattress and I've never had mold issues.
>>
>>2827264
You are an idiot, shutup tard
>>
>>2824770
>condensation
What is condensing?
>>
>>2827591
not that anon but theres moisture all over my fucking house because i live on the coast. have to put my perishables in the fridge or freezier so they dont get mushy. I run adehumidifier in my room all the time and dump fat buckets of water outside on a regular basis.
>>
>>2827612
water

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.