[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Untitled2.jpg (683 KB, 3651x1158)
683 KB
683 KB JPG
Damn drug addicts broke into my house, and it caught fire. My house is small, and I would like to take advantage of the renovation to build a small expansion. Could you help me? I would like to enlarge it by adding a room for my son.
>>
>>2825266
Holy fuck don't even THINK about an expansion, before factoring in the cost of steel security doors, steel shutters, or window bars and serious fucking locks and deadbolts. I'm not even, vaguely, joking.
>>
>>2825266
>small expansion
>increases square footage by 80%
if you're asking these questions you certainly arent going to diy it
>>
>>2825266
list above market value for an untorched home and take the profit and the insurance money and move somewhere your son won't grow up exposed to fentynal at 10.
>>
OP here

>>2825316
where I live, we are already far from these harmful influences.

>>2825298
where I live security is relatively good. However, I have already thought about all these expenses.

>>2825313
I'm not a builder, but I know how to do some things. and I will participate in this construction activity together with some family members. and certainly, I'm not an architect, so I'm asking for your opinion.
>>
>>2825399
>where I live, we are already far from these harmful influences.
they come to you
>>
>idea 1
post the other(s)
isn't bathroom stuff a pain in the dick to relocate? might be able to simplify the renovation and keep costs a bit lower if the existing drains or whatever can be reused/rebuilt. fucked if i know though.
>>
>>2825266
You're the first guy I've ever seen who wants to make his bathroom smaller instead of bigger..
>>
>>2825820
I understand your concern, but that part of the house was completely destroyed. It's not a question of moving the place, but of building the bathroom again.

>>2825822
I made a quick and basic drawing in paint. The idea is to keep the bathroom the same size as it was before, just moving it around.
>>
>>2825828
gotcha. still, post the other ideas if you've drawn any up yet. or to put that differently the more shit there is to pick apart and bicker over, the more ideas/suggestions will fall out from the shitposts. idea 1 looks bretty solid.

or, failing that,
>Could you help me?
with what specifically?
>>
>>2825840
Oh good man!!! So far I just had this idea. What I specifically want, the fundamental idea, is to expand, add a room... without losing the ventilation of the other rooms (in the bathroom, which in "idea 1" will be isolated, I'm going to put a small extractor fan on the ceiling)
>>
File: shed.jpg (31 KB, 640x360)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
why not add a nice shed like this?
>>
File: 1710951876978472.png (1.14 MB, 1085x915)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
what's the wall going around the top and right side of the image, cinderblock wall? a fence?
i'm guessing the kitchen door faces the street? can we get a street view of this for overall aesthetics?
if the house is burned down and you're rebuilding anyway I'm with yah bud.
Idk how you can say the area is safe and drug free when your house just got burned down by break in junkies...
understandable you want to shift the bathoom, but keeping grade on pipes is quite iffy.
if you yank out the toilet, look down and measure how deep the vertical is.
you'll need a minimum of 5" between flange fitting and vertical 90 to move it 20 feet over
if that's good, the shower/sink will probably be fine
you can also always raise the floor of the new bathroom to give you more room for grade, but people tend to be against that.
i think your design is bad. but without context of the immediate environment it's hard to make a suggestion
where does your sewer run? it's not hard to tie into it if you want to put a bathroom in the new spaces
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 274x184)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2825266

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.