[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 091-1022276194.png (152 KB, 358x256)
152 KB
152 KB PNG
Blocked the toilet with newspaper.
Water drains but very slowly.

What's the play here /diy/, do I try to pull the blockage up with a plunger, break the blockage up with wire, try to break the paper down with chemicals?
>>
Apologies for making a stupid thread, couldn't find a plumbing General in the catalogue
>>
if you can hook it with a wire and pull it out I'd try that first. plungers don't pull well, they're pushers
>>
>>2825351
Just get some rubber gloves that go up to your elbow, and take it out.
>>
>>2825351
Remove the toilet. Fish all the newspaper out. Replace the wax seal and put the toilet back in place.
>>
Victory /diy/, coat hanger ftw
>>
>>2825351
>Blocked the toilet with newspaper.
Why?
>>
Like your own system, out is better than In.
Try and get it out
>>
I need to replace a toilet. What should I get?
Seems to be near universal that Toto is amazing, but I don't know what my expectations would be.
What about normal vs comfort height?
>>
>>2825351
Same shit, different shitter.
What do?
Clogged it up a week ago, thought the water might miraculously disolve the paper...
Unfortunately not.
Toilet is a manual one, where you push the handle that's directly connected to a piston (blue) and the goods go through 2 one way valves(yellow), followed by about 1,5m length 4-5cm diameter reinforced plastic hose.
Plastic hose is connected to a metal ball valve (grey)near the exit.
Went in fully motivated, elbows deep today.
Bolted apart all the moving elements, but no luck.
Tried to remove the hose from the ball valve, but it's glued in place and won't move a millimeter.
Should I buy and dump in excessive amounts of draincleaner into the 1,5m hose, Start looking for a long wire or try to disconnect it from the ball valve, which might potentially leave me without a way to put it back on.
I also might try to 3d print an adapter from the hose to a small 12v air compressor, which could leak air or have rather explosive results, if any.
>>
if its not your house, fuck it...use a shitload of bleach or vinegar or some shit
>>
>>2826039
I used a bunch of pool acid once to try and dissolve the giant shits clogging my pipes. Good god never doing that again. The smell. The sludge. Didn’t even work.
>>
>>2825799
>Toilet is a manual one, where you push the handle that's directly connected to a piston (blue) and the goods go through 2 one way valves(yellow), followed by about 1,5m length 4-5cm diameter reinforced plastic hose.
is that a nigger-rigged 3rd world rube goldberg contraption of buckets, pvc, and duct tape or is this an actual mass manufactured toilet?
>>
My grandpa just went outside and took a stick. But US has no sticks anymore its just asphalt and concrete
>>
>>2826237
ok
>>
>>2826226
>is that a nigger-rigged 3rd world rube goldberg contraption
No, the toilet bowl and pump are mass produced, with proper rubber gaskets and everything.
It's on a sailboat, that's why it's manual and the shit just goes outside.
>>
>>2825351
it depends so i suggest just getting one of these pic related and trying to figure out how deep the blockage goes.
step 1 will be removing the toilet, then you throw that in there and keep pushing it in, preferably at a slow place, if you feel it getting stuck, pull out sharply then put it back in slowly and then start spinning. these are easy to break inside the pipe or get mangled up in there so be careful. this tool fixes 98% of pipe blockages where i work at and if it doesn't, i pull out the 180bar power washer with a special hose, anything lower powered than that won't work unless you just want to remove a bad smell from a fume pipe having mold in it
>>
>>2825799
Nvm I replaced the hose.
Old one was almost fully blocked by the crap that's been slowly building up over the last 15 years of use.
>>
>>2826911
Thanks for letting us know you solved it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.