[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2656.jpg (927 KB, 2048x1536)
927 KB
927 KB JPG
Found an electric bike that was abandoned a long time ago. It's not in too bad of shape given how long it's been sitting out exposed to the elements, nothing some basic maintenance can't fix. The frame is sturdy, it just has minor cosmetic damage like rust or scratches here and there. The chain assembly while rusted, I managed to restore to working condition with some oil. The front tire is fine from what I can tell, just needs some air. The back tire's inner tube was ruptured and needs replacing, an easy fix. However, the real problem lies in the fact that it does not have a seat or a battery to power it. Plus the battery is integrated into the seat itself as well, so there's also that problem to deal with. A charger for the battery once I hopefully find one would be nice too. Also there's the problem where I'm not quite sure what the exact model of bike it is as well, due to it being a foreign model from South Korea and there's two different variants of what it could be. Based upon my research it's either a Samchuly Phantom FE or a Samchuly Phantom FE GS. Not quite sure what the difference between the two is as they're veritably identical in specifications. Their website isn't exactly user friendly in terms of finding what you're looking for. I don't think they sell replacement parts, which is a terrible business model, and I can't get customer service due to the language barrier as I don't speak Korean. Any assistance is being able to find a replacement integrated battery seat assembly so I can fix this bike up would be greatly appreciated. I'd hate to see it go to waste, it's a rather expensive bike.

https://www.samchuly.co.kr/index.php/eng/bicycle/view?no=1991&type=search_list&searchJson=5xTJx6o7PpQKRICFTyRcEHTd+3IZOUFaKmWDP17JDUHqejtFkO9K/OeJNOEDFJZQaxyoGH+wn8Ndh1NUfWzDDmDAhnMK+7L4cL5dfBk6V1Rz4ys+Cd6DKg7kJa70cJis&scrollTop=644

https://www.samchuly.co.kr/index.php/eng/bicycle/view?no=1461&code=B011001&type=brand
>>
>>2825730
Give it back, Tyrone
>>
File: IMG_2658.jpg (582 KB, 1536x2048)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>2825732
There's no one to give it back to genius. It'd been sitting in the same spot for almost three years. Also, I'm probably Whiter than you.
>>
Is that scissor lift cart raised by an airbag?
>>
>>2825730
>Found an electric bike that was abandoned a long time ago.
We all know you stole it. Give it back.
>>
nigga stole my bike!
>>
>>2825730
are you in oakland?
>>
>>2825730
Do you know the operating voltage? Is there a voltage difference in the two SK models you found? If you know the voltage you can get a rear-rack battery from eBay potentially. Don't get hung up on 'restoring to factory' as you've already pointed out, that's not an option. So you need to figure out a mod scheme that will take your ebike from waste to working.
>>
>>2825870
You're the man now dog!
>>
>>2825732
>>2825730
What drawers are these?
>>
>>2826242

looks like a pretty standard drafting cabinet
>>
>>2825736
Locate the battery and use an automatic center punch on the casing of the battery where the cells are

This will tell you if it has a charge or not

If it’s dead it will just sit there

If there is a charge you’ll know
>>
>>2825736
Ayo nigga, these white people left their e-bike sitting in the same garage with the doo open for damn near 3 years

I always told them I’m gonna steal dem bikes Karen

And she just ignored me

So I sun took that shit, been sitting for years… ain’t nobody wan it
>>
>>2825736
lol b rownjeet photoshopping it s skin white
>>
>>2825730
the reason why it was left to rot on the street is either:
a) battery died and costs as much as the entire bike itself
b) the bicycle motor or the electronics controlling the motor are dead and the owner decided to sell the battery and leave the bike to rot
either way you will probably need to reverse engineer this bike's electronics and construction to make this repair worth the money and time you'll be throwing away at it.
get a test battery, preferably a free one that is the same voltage as the original battery, try connecting it to the bike, if it doesn't work you will have to also buy a motor controller and a battery charging/protection circuit aswell or figure out a way to get around the manufacturer's way of the bike/charger communicating with the circuit in the battery pack.
honestly with the money you'll be throwing at this bike to make it work you could build a medium-tier mountain bike and then spend that same amount of money again to upgrade it with an aliexpress e-bike kit
>>
>>2825730
Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDfLWFv3ixk
>>
Throw away all the electronics. Buy a cobtroller and make your own battery, enjoy your stolen bike Tyrone.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.