[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: ct300 playing mp3s.png (1.82 MB, 2023x928)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB PNG
not sure if this should be here or /g/ but i think i'll go with here. I really would like to try to do something like this to an old tape deck unit ive found - similar pioneer model. I'm assuming he's wired in the output of the phone to where the heads send signal but i have no idea wher i'd start on something on this.. has any one done anything similar and can advise? thx.
https://yewtu.be/watch?v=3vrxAN47WwY
>>
File: 1000000614.jpg (297 KB, 1194x1328)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
This plus some chinch adapter?
>>
lol i hope not he sells this for £400! he's wired it in i think, he has the rec level knob now controlling the volume output too so i think its possibly this+something more

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=XL0I_DcUgyE
>>
You don't have to obscure the links you dipshit.
>>
>>2826283
i didnt - i just happen to use invidious to avoid adverts..
thanks for the positive input.
>>
>>2826275
Build a cable. One side goes to the analog line inputs, on the stereo, the other side is a mini-headjack plug, that goes to the headphone jack on your computer. Your old stereo just became a 500+GB jukebox. I did this with an ancient stereo of mine and stuck it in the garage. Connectors available on Amazon/Mouser/Digikey/whatever. Whole project will cost under 10 bucks.
>>
>>2826277
>>2826275
>Hurr glue in tarduino+chinkshit bt >0.90 adapter and vape battery+lion/tiger charger module
>>
>>2826275
Get a BT audio module (10 bux on ebay)
Find 5v (or whatever the module needs) inside the tape deck.
If you can't find the correct V, get a DC-DC convert (5 bux on ebay)
Find where L+R audio signal inside the tape deck. Signal path in a tape deck is magnetic head -> preamp -> buffer -> output. You need to want to be after the preamp, before the buffer and ideally you are going to be driving the bar graph too.

If you want the buttons on the tape deck to work, that's going to be harder. You're going to need to wire some ESP32 into the tape deck so that you can send button input to an app on your phone.
>>
>>2826336
This

>>2826353
not even 2 hours later lmao
>>
>>2826275
Neat project.
>>
Take a car cassette adapter, and stuff a Pi Zero and a small battery inside it.
Then SSH into the Pi and play anything you want.
>>
File: pioneer ct-300.jpg (74 KB, 760x576)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>2826275
>can advise?

- a tape deck like that doesnt have an amplifier inside, so you have to add an external one to drive speakers
- it likely has a line level input and a line level output -- that means, around 0.1Vac
- it's super super easy to convert to bluetooth:
- find any old bluetooth speaker with charger, but one with headphone jack
- buy a lil cable that converts headphone jack to RCA plug
- connect BT speaker to LINE input using said cable
- connect stereo to LINE output
>>
>>2826275
get cassette adapter that has bluetooth in it.
>>
File: file.jpg (226 KB, 1992x1874)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
1. play fucking tapes in it
2. funny bluetooth tape
you'll get better sound using a plain bluetooth module connected to your stereo though

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.