[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719243977004925.jpg (54 KB, 500x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>do something
>spend too much money and blow weekly budget
>do nothing
>depression and no will to continue

how do i do cheaper?
if not then how do I break my dependency on doing random stuff to quiet the bad head voices?

i have a lot of freedom at work and can take on projects at will there if it can go under the monthly budget and benefit the company. But lately they have been denying proposals for projects because the company is going under a bit.
I have a few personal projects but they are at a stopping point that is solved by spending a lot of fucking money i donthave.

how do you feel good about cheap /diy/ projects, how do you feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose from something with no physical result? Hardmode: you have crippling autism and cannot comprehend the benefit of others from your work
>>
>>2827617
Sounds like you caught a nasty case of consooomerism. I’d try to work on that
>>
>>2827617
Somewhat similar but
>get into hobby
>buy hobby stuff
>few months go by
>not into hobby anymore
end up hoarding random shit and still unsatisfied
>>
>>2827617
just get into a hobby that costs nothing? you surely have a knife so just go out and grab some materials for woodcarving, weaving, make instruments with reed/bamboo, that kind of stuff
>>
File: 1000001401.jpg (1.14 MB, 4080x3072)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>2827617
I go on Craigslist free sections I go to junkyards I go to tag sales every flea market I can possibly find and Goodwill I'm incredibly cheap and on principal will buy materials and paints hardware, tools anything fasteners for less than a dollar no matter where or how old or whatever

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.