[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kussen rubber mesh.jpg (399 KB, 1632x1228)
399 KB
399 KB JPG
10 Days ago I made a thread about my couch cushions sliding across the leather couch, asking for help on how to get them better fixated. Someone here suggested rubber mesh anti slip mats so I bought one at IKEA and it works wonders. The thread was archived already but I just wanted to thank that person for the wonderful suggestion.

It was a pretty big sheet since it's normally used to place under carpets so I folded it a few times and nailed it to the bottom plate of the back cushions.

My only regret is not having nailed the first line nicely in the same direction. But hey, at least they don't touch the surface of the couch so there's no risk of damage to the leather surface.

Thanks anon, my expensive couch is now both aesthetic and practical.
>>
>>2829146
Not the anon that helped you but its always good to see people that get useful advice on here!
>>
I can't believe you didn't even use my rope and hook suggestion. Fuck you, man.
>>
>>2829214
Not OP, but I liked your solution the best.
Because it wouldn't rely on friction.
Except for the aesthetic challenge of using a visible solution instead of something hidden.
Using a leather strap or some kind of contrasting webbing might have worked out and looked good.
Maybe when the carpet mat stops working OP will seek out something more sturdy.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.