[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (424 KB, 1032x995)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
Been working on a small shed design (3.75m x 5m) and was planning on building a loft for sleeping about half the size of the ground floor, but have been struggling with figuring out how to support it. None of the walls are symmetrical making things a bit awkward. What's the right way to do this?
>>
>>2829430
your corners are all symmetrical, headers supporting the longer edges, king/jack studs at the corners supporting the headers.
Build the support members across the short length using joist hangers to connect to headers.

Using this you could probably support several grand pianos. Or maybe not. I’m not a professional, but that’s how I would do it
>>
File: shedinterior.jpg (79 KB, 806x605)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Run 2x6s across the width and screw them to the sides of the bases of the trusses and lay OSB on top of them.

Like this, but 2x6s. 2x4s that long are ass and will break
>>
>>2829454
Refered to as ceiling joists
>>
>>2829454
Also if you install ceiling joist you can eliminate the cross ties on the rafters
>>
> Run 2x6s across the width and screw them to the sides of the bases of the trusses and lay OSB on top of them
Ehhhh WRONG…the ceing joists shouldvset ON the wall top plate.
>>
>>2829474
If you actually opened the pic I posted, the boards are on top of the wall frame. They can sit there, and be screwed to the bottom of the trusses
>>
>>2829474
boomer faggot, it's a fucking shed fuck off
>>
>>2829481
Awww poor baby got its feelers hurt..fooleefoo pooky pooky
Mommy made hotpockets my widdle cuddle bear
Tickle tickle….whos my baby boyeeeee
>>
File: MyCringe.jpg (102 KB, 857x433)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>2829507

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.