[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721663079663.png (3.54 MB, 3021x2542)
3.54 MB
3.54 MB PNG
I wouldnt wish fixing these fuckin things on my worse enemies
>>
>>2847600
Why? Could it be any harder than fixing a joycon?
>>
>>2847605
yeah actually. everything here is incredibly delicate tightly packed and fragile. you have to curl up the ribbon cable for the top screen in a very specific way or you will break it. the connector for the digitizer is super tiny smaller than a grain of sand and breaks super easy, fixing it is a nightmare
>>
>>2847600
You bought a "broken lot" of ebay right? I always figured those that make it to those lots have been tried to be fixed once.
>>
>>2847610
how dicksplittingly painful (by comparison) would it be to just build a little raspi handheld running an emulator
>>
>>2847600
Are DS prices inflated right now like 3DS prices are? 3DS makes sense because it's cracked, more modern, and it can play all DS games. I don't know why anyone would go for a DS rather than just a 3DS
>>
>>2847617
The original DS can play Gameboy games too, right? Maybe that's why.
>>
>>2847600
i had fun with them when i was younger although I didnt have a way to buy games as a kid so I mostly reused gameboy advance cartridges to play dkc
>>
>>2847617
>3DS makes sense because it's cracked
DS has been wide open for well over a decade now, it's GBA tier for piracy
>>
>>2847600
Thanks for the heads up. I found an old dsi and dropped in a 256gb sdcard and jailbroke it. Now I know not to bother fixing if it breaks.
>>
>>2847674
Dsi might be easier to fix due to its larger size. The issue is the lite is fucking tiny
>>
>>2847631
3DS can play Gameboy advance natively on hardware no emulation.

Only weirdness is gyro games like wario ware twisted and Yoshi topsy turvy must be emulated because the GBA hardware in a 3ds can't interface with the onboard gyros while software emulators can. GBA emulation even on the new models is a bit slow tho

t. has a new 3dsxl and it's basically the only handheld you need.

New 3DS or New 3DS XL are amazing all in one units and idk why anyone would use an OG DS or lite outside of nostalgia.
>>
>>2847617
I think one of the main reasons is that the screen is "lower resolution" on the DS, therefore it scales or displays those games more accurately. Kind of like using a CRT to display a 240p signal.
>>
>>2847614
Ds emulators all suck ass
>>
>>2848126
>New 3DS or New 3DS XL are amazing all in one units and idk why anyone would use an OG DS or lite outside of nostalgia.
Playing physical copies? but then just get a gameboy advance so then you can also play regular gameboy games.
>>
>>2848597
No, not physical copies but it can run the ROMs natively which are trivial to get.

It can play 3DS, obviously, DS, and GBA natively then emulate anything 2D including Gameboy which it does plenty fast to be imperceptible from running natively.

Why bother with carts when you can load literally hundreds of games onto an SD card and carry your entire library in your pocket all at once?
>>
>>2847617
I have a working UK 3DS and pokemon omega sapphire and ocarina of time carts. How much can I sell this shit for?
>>
>>2848809
nta but that is probably a good few hundred bucks on ebay
>>
>>2847600
They're not too bad to fix, I got a whole stack of em.

The main problem I find is the shell being shitty. Replacement shells are all cheap garbage.
>>
>>2847600
mossad fixes them and ships them to hezbollah.
>>
>>2847610
Do you have parkinsons, otherwise please just admit you have a serious skill issue
The DS Lite was so easy to fix I could do it neigh blackout drunk/stoned
except for the L/R trigger springs lmao
>>
>>2847600
tried, failed miserably. The quality of reworkability is by far the worst i've ever seen that doesn't imply potting everything
>>
The DS lite isnt that tough to work on. I did a shell swap and replaced a power switch back in 2009 when i knew fuck-all about soldering or console repair.
the new 3ds on the other hand, is something even today after years of experience, i wouldnt ever want to touch. All the cables going through that hinge is a nightmare, and if one fails, finding out which one will require a complete disassemble.
>>
>>2847631
>DS can play Gameboy games too, right
Sure, but it runs them in a lower absolute size (with pillarboxing) than a GBA. You're better off emulating GB stuff on your phone.
>>
>>2847600
The fucking hinges man, if you don't get that ribbon cable in there exactly right, the screen will die a few months later because of the wear and tear of opening and closing it. It's just not worth fixing unless the issue is on the bottom half
>>
>>2848126
The 3ds line is inferior for playing DS games due to resolution mismatch. Get a DSI XL for DS games.
>>
>>2847617
As far as I know DS games look much better on DS Lite or DSi/DSi XL than on 3DSes
>>
>>2847617
It corelates directly with whatever fixerupper channel made a popular video that month
>>
>>2855848
I hate cattle so fucking much

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.