[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My feet been hurtin boys. Dr Scholls doesn't cut it

Are custom shoes worthwhile? Where would I go about obtaining them?
>>
>>2848556
There are two main schools in foot comfort. There is the correct one (minimalist) and there is trh fat fuck retard one (aRCh SuPpORT and a big squishy cushion)
>>
>>2848556
I'd try custom insoles first
>>
>>2848567
This.
>>
>>2848567
There are also non-minimal shoes that aren't squishy (like leather/redwing/pnw boots)
Some of these have an arch in the footbed or aren't zero-drop but are nonetheless quality and non-stupid.

I think the key is walking on a solid surface (whether that's the ground itself or a hard sole) and having a wide enough toebox that the shoe is actually shaped like a foot and doesn't squeeze your toes into a point.
>>
>>2848556
Go to store that sells running shoes and has the staff to help you, the thing you stand on to check arches and the thing you run on to see if your step leans inward/outward and buy the soles to correct it there. If that doesn't work you get the custom insoles and the store will hook you up with someone.
>>
File: shoecucksbtfo.jpg (30 KB, 600x299)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2848556
I fixed my back pain and all manner of foot issues by simply walking a couple miles barefoot daily for two weeks. You have to go fully barefoot to reset your foot bones. Your feet will ache and you will think you are fucking something up. All the little muscles and ligaments that have never had to do any real work will be pissed at you. Once you get some decent toe splay going on you will notice the upgrade. After that you want footwear with zero drop and thin flexible soles.
>>
>>2848628
Thanks anon!
>>
>>2848634
But the ones on the right are hotter
>>
>>2848556

I have these and they are good. They have a wide toe box and are light, can put an orthotic in them or just the foam pad. Good stuff.
>>
>>2848567
100% this. I'm waiting on a pair of barefoot boots after realizing I feel less body pain the less I have on my feet.
>>
File: diywaraji.jpg (141 KB, 1024x781)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
there's gotta be at least one foot autist here who's figured out how to diy his own shoes on the cheap
it's just rubber and leather
>>
Doc Marten's AirWair boots and shoes have hollow soles that minimize impact, I wear them every day.

Excellent footware.
>>
>>2849081
I tried to make something like that once (huarache) but I just couldn't get it to work. I have a pair of custom moccasins that I plan to reverse engineer when they wear out. It's just a single piece of leather cut out in a particular shape and sewn together so once I trace that pattern I should be able to just make them as needed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.