[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 10923812938103.png (529 KB, 1261x858)
529 KB
529 KB PNG
Are chinese amazon leather belts worth it?
>>
>>2849082
No. Never ever, no way. They’re a tiny strip of leather (if it’s even real) wrapped around with whatever cheap nylon webbing they could get their hands on and the outside will wear in months.
>>
I've been using the same $15 belt from Walmart every day for 15years
>>
>>2849088
Post it? I have found myself growing in and out of belts as I get fatter in winter and slim down again in summer before I can ever wear them out.
>>
i got one for like ten bucks a year ago. still going strong.
>>
>>2849088
I paid top dollar for a gun belt with a steel inner core. Still wearing the fucking thing out, but it is lasting a lot better than anything else I've tried.

I have zero ass and have to cinch my belt up quite tight and wear suspenders too, or my pants fall down...
>>
>>2849082
The best belt I had was one with two holes side by side. I'm unsure what they're called but they are amazing
>>
>>2849172
I've been thinking of switching to suspenders. Tired of having to loosen/tighten belt every time I get up and sit down to feel comfy. Also I second wally world belts, mine last about 10 years until the end starts cracking
>>
>>2849082
No, for the same price you can get a belt that's just an actual piece if leather and won't wear out and flake PU in two years. If you can't see the end grain and it isn't a reputable brand, just skip it. I, personally, have a timberline leather belt that has held up for 7 years so far and shows no signs of giving out; it also costs $20.

https://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Mens-Classic-Leather-Brown/dp/B00MCW8R1S
>>
>>2849082
yes there are decent chinese leather belts but never get "genuine leather" ones. That's an industry term for shitty pieces of leather glued and stitched together.

Look for belts that say "full grain leather" and have decent thickness
>>
>>2849082
>size 40 waist
>>
Where's the best place to buy leather these days?
>>
>>2849082
yes works for me, because i will grow out of it sooner than it wears out
>>
>>2849082
Buy one at Temu. It costs $2. Replace it every year. You still win.
>>
>>2850094
I run perry suspenders and keep the belt clip in the back to clip around my belt and middle belt loop. The front two i remove the clips and buckles and sew them into loops and put my belt through them. That way i can wear them under my t shirt and not have the adjustment buckles making me have weird tumor looking lumps under my shirt
>>
Spend a few hundred bucks.
Sadly this is woman bait and a designer brand should last forever and may result in a lady unhoisting your trousers but you are here so this is unlikely.
>>
>>2849082
I just made a belt out of a poly rope and it's the best belt I've ever had. Need a buckle to try old seatbelt next. Come to think of it....the cheapest racheting tie downs are just the right size.....*run out of room*.
>>
>>2849088
Based
>>
>>2849082
Aw dude 4 strength 4 stam leather belt
>>
>>2849088
absolute king, George belt I assume?
>>
>>2850094
You could try one of those ratchet belts, I've got a couple from Nexbelt and they're much easier and quicker to adjust than traditional buckles, plus you get a more precise fit. (Which is a particularly big deal when they're supporting a gun, which is why I have those belts, but it's nice in general.)
>>
File: tgdsfdsfsdg.jpg (8 KB, 261x193)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
this diy, make your own from extension cord
>>
>>2854201
thanks anon, I didn't know that was a thing
>>
>>2849082
I have that belt, love it, my hates it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.