[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2165.jpg (1.35 MB, 4032x3024)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB JPG
This door lock won’t turn. The key is stuck in that position.

Any suggestions on how to fix it.
>>
delete thread
>>
>>2849767
1. Try rotating the key in the other direction, and if that doesn't work unscrew and remove the whole handle/latch/lock assembly and remedy whatever's jamming it then reinstall.
2. Give it back Tyrone
>>
File: 20240912_125535.jpg (2.24 MB, 4000x3000)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>2849767
i don't give a shit your black.
spray WD-40 inand around the key home and try to work it loose. pull the door in and out to make sure it isn't stuck because of pressure of the bolt.

worst case is cut the key head (leave a nub), take the hardware out and replace the door handle.

if your not handy call someone.

pic attached is "white" work. don't do this. this was stupid.
i mean I guess you could just shatter the window. but don't do that.
>>
>>2849770
This. The worst thing you can do is try to brute force the key into turning. Loosen everything up just a little, try wiggling the key and handle and see if that broke loose whatever got it stuck. If that fails, just take out those bolts and see for yourself what's going on. Door mechanisms are fairly easy to figure out.
>>
>>2849778
Thanks chief. I'll try lubricating it.
>>
>>2849770
Thanks for the advice
About point 2, the door-lock is mine now
>>
>>2849785
thanks boss.
>>
>>2849767
I see two Phillips screws there. Have you tried disassembling the latch and freeing up the lock cylinder?
>>
File: 20240913_083456.jpg (2.36 MB, 3264x2448)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>2850136
that's after you see if the key isn't just jammed up.

be silly to replace a light figure over a light bulb and it's easy to check.
>>2849790
let me know what happens. I'm autistic as fuck and this will live rent free till it's solved and I know how.

if your like me and principle is what matters the goal is, if we get to the point of disassembly. to only touch the door latch and housing. it's cheap to replace vs a door or glass.

i mean if we just don't give a shit and you bought the house I'd buy a new lock and just drill it honestly. if your not comfortable a 200$ locksmith is cheaper than a 3000$ door.
>>
>>2849770
>>2850136
this is a euro cylinder not an american shitlock
taking the handle off doesn't magically make it open the door must be open to remove the cylinder from the latch mechanism. but it might give enough access to snap the cylinder if worst comes to worst
the key being half turned means the cylinder is released. push the handle up hard then try turning the key again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.