[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/diy/ - Do It Yourself

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 0.jpg (35 KB, 532x945)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Had a leak in the shower head and when I pulled the handle the assembly was loose. Long story short, the valve coupling was cracked and pulled right off.

What is the proper way of replacing this? I thought I could just unscrew each end and try to work the 4-way fitting out, but parts of it seemed to have been brazed.

Can I get some input on how to fix this?
>>
>>2849878
looks fucked. you're probably gonna have to replace the whole valve by opening the drywall behind the shower
you'll want to cut as large a square as you can so it isn't such a paint in the ass to solder in new connections
cutting a continuous series of small squares is a much bigger pain to patch
>>
>>2849878
Cut it out with a saw. Get a new one.

Braze or propress or shark bite in a couple inches to replace what you cut out so your new one fits.

Youtube probably has a bunch of these m. Talking about it on text is very inefficient because most of your deficit is seeing exactly how to cut stuff.
>>
>>2849881
This is dumb reason. You gotta open up the the left hand side toncut out the old, okay. There's no need to open up the back unless you'd rather do that than open the front.

There's fire proof blankets that work fine even though they took asbestos from us. Op is probably gonna sharkbite it anyway
>>
>>2849883
? the front is a fiberglass shower, you aren't patching that easily
shark bite and some pex pipe is probably the easiest for sure
>>
>>2850028
Oh right on
>>
>>2849882
This is the solution

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.