[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 043-1225-rspch.jpg (594 KB, 2100x2100)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
Does anyone have any good suggestions for vegan work boots? The selection for vegan boots is really pauce and most of them that I have tried suck or didn't last long. Mostly the latter.
>>
>>18089818
suck my ass, faggot
>>
>>18089824
There aren’t many vegan niggers.

>>18089823
Faggots like you like beef in their ass…
>>
>>18089818
if it was this but i'm strapped to a chair and I think I'm going through my whole life comfy and the I get a bullet to the brain then it would be comparable
>>
>>18090118
Do you realize believe that livestock animals on feedlots have comfortable lived or easy deaths in slaughterhouses? Exactly how much escapism do you consume?

>>18089818
Does anyone any ontopic experiences or recommendations for vegan boots?
>>
Because faux leather is shit and not durable
>>
>>18089818
Vegan faux leather sucks and it's as bad, if not worse, for the environment than real leather. Just buy something synthetic that doesn't pretend it's something that it's not.
You chose to be vegan, now live accordingly.
>>
>>18089818
>vegan
>work boots
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Everybody knows vegans don't do actual work. Just wear your canvas sneakers.
>>
>>18090180
I work in passenger rail and my co-workers in the mechanical department all churn through work boots quick. Informally from asking most their leather boots only last from like 6 months to a year at best.

My last pair of vegan boots lasted from February 2022 almost until now. But I did have to get them resoled to last that long. I don’t think it’s worth it to resole them yet again. See pic.
>>
>>18090172
those sick hug boxes
>>
>>18090205
I’m not sure fake leather is worse for the environment than real. Turning a cowhide or other animal hide into a tanned finished leather product is very laborious and polluting.
>>
>>18090172
Why would Slaughterhouses go out of their way to make deaths hard? Seems inefficient.
>>
>>18090565
They don’t go out of their way to make deaths hard. They don’t give a fuck and are trying to meet and one-up inhuman, unrealistic production/slaughter targets. So most often the animals die horrific painful deaths. Most of the slaughterhouse workers also develop mental health problems and many become sadists.

If you can look up the Norton critical edition of the book “The Jungle” by Upton Sinclair in the back there are many realistic nonfiction articles about the meat industry and the true scale of its horrors.
>>
>>18089818
>Does anyone have any good suggestions for vegan work boots?
yes. google "nylon work boots"
there you go.

AVOID:
vegan "leather" - garbage material, only superficially looks like leather. in no way comparable to leather in any of the material properties which make leather a good material to make footwear out of. you're asking about work boots not asking about how to dress up like a vegan gay bottom.
AVOID:
any boots marketed as "vegan" or where the word "vegan" is mentioned in the marketing or on the website at all.

>>18090377
>Vegetable tanning uses organic materials and natural tannins derived from the barks, leaves and branches of trees and plants. This process is completely safe for the environment and causes no harm to the earth.
fake leather literally ends its life cycle by flaking off the canvas backing and becoming microplastic flakes/powder/dust.

>>18090269
there's a difference between "stipend boots" and actual leather boots. if they cost 200 bucks and the sole is glued on they're boots that solely exist for union workers to buy with their $240 boot stipend and then throw away after a year.
generally you're kind of an idiot if you're in the trades and you're buying stipend boots with your own money. you still see a lot of cheapskates and people who don't know any better doing it. i wouldn't base the durability of boots on the experience of high time preference monkies who buy glued boots with their own money. anyone who has a clue buys at least red wings.
when anons are talking about leather boots they generally mean a resolable boot with a full leather construction not some mcdonalds cup tier shit.

>>18090988
the meat industry is really gross, been to slaughterhouses and distributor facilities before etc. agree. nylon is your best alternative to leather.
>>
>>18090269
its specifically the synthetic (non leather) components that make these cheap glued style boots fall apart fast btw.
>>
>>18091078
Some of my coworkers have Red wings and they don’t really last much longer than this Will’s vegan boots pictured here:
>>18090269

Those lasted me two years after one resoling.
>>
>>18089818
I ended up getting these vegan STC Trump boots but they are so cartoonishly heavy I can’t comfortably wear them. Each boot has to be like three plus pounds… I would have never bought them at a brick store, but I was buying blindly online…

>https://stcfootwear.com/collections/vegan/products/trump
>>
>>18090988
haha i dont care!
>>
>>18089818
Just use canvas. They don't need the label. If the Indians who made my boots don't care about the cow, why should your larping ass?
>>
>>18089823
>wants to flaunt eating meat
>posts McDonalds
>>
>>18090269
>Informally from asking most their leather boots only last from like 6 months to a year at best.
a lot of dudes don't maintain their boots, especially if they're company issue and they get a free pair every year anyway.
the few who do will do goofy shit like apply mink oil once a week.
>>
>>18093161
Mostly the boot soles get worn out for my coworkers and me. So regularly applying oil will do nothing for that. And in northern New Jersey getting a cobbler to resole them will cost $100 so it’s pretty much not really worth it unless you have $200 or more boots.

And we don’t get free boots, we got a $60 yearly subsidy for boots that we buy via the retailer Safgard.
>>
>>18089818
why not thrift non vegan ones?
>>
>>18089818
You will never be real leather

you have no grain structure no natural suppleness

you are a pale imitation of leather twisted by science into a crude mockery of real leather
>>
>>18093686
>we got a $60 yearly subsidy
oof.
keep that one in mind next time your collective agreement comes up for negotiations.
>>
>>18093750
Yeah I doubt our boot subsidy has been updated in the labor contract in a long time. $60 is only a very partial subsidy nowadays. But that is more of a Union matter and we have more serious issues namely our 3% yearly raise in the newest contract doesn’t keep up with the 3+% inflation.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.