[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello, I live in an area of europe where power outages aren't uncommon and I would like a haircut which I can do myself with simple tools like a well sharpened knife or scissors so that I can always look my best if I am not only working/sleeping.

What is there in store for me?
FYI I have curly long hair like matt stone in this picture.
>>
>>18095896
Bump
>>
>>18096987
Bump
>>
>>18095896
What do the power outages have to do with you cutting your own hair? Most clippers are battery operated these days
>>
>>18097885
Well the lights will shut down too and since I have no windows in my apartment it would be completely dark in here, I don't want to accidentally mess up or even cut my self with a knife because I couldn't see.
>>
>>18095896
turkey isnt a part of europe
>>
>>18097991
In that case, I would recommend getting battery operated clippers as well as battery operated lights, flashlight or portable lantern. Set up the battery lights around you just before you start cutting, so even if the power goes out, you'll remain fully illuminated.
>>
>>18098023
I don't live in turkey
>>18097991
Pretending to be OP
>>18098206
The problem here is not temporary lack of electricity. I just wany something which can be done anywhere anytime and still look good with it.
>>
>>18098299
shave your head bald and wear a good wig
>>
>>18095896
>east euro untermensch detected
>>
>>18098947
All the male wigs are too expensive and I just can't afford one yet. I'm deep in dept too right now so it's definitely not an option.
>>
>>18098947
>shave your head bald
Not good. When I am working in the fields flies will use my bald head as a landing strip.
>wear a good wig
I don't think there is a single wig shop outside the capital. Besides it being difficult to obtain one it also complicates things.
I am not balding and my hairline is ok, so a wig will not help me.
>>
>>18099016
just save up some money or sell stuff, wigs arent that expensive
>>
>>18099473
You didn't reply to OP
>>
looking through thread ur making some odd conditions to the request.
but the only answer is skin head.

you can be in the complete dark, only use a razor, soap and a towel to shave the top of ur head like you would ur face.
if your hair is too long to use a razor on, use sisssors first, dont worry about getting it even with scissors, its all coming off anyway.
it requires no electricity, no light, very simple tools.
and if worn with confidence, it looks very manly.

you mentioned working in fields and flies using ur bald head as a landing strip.
just wear a hat, which will be easier to do, since you dont have to worry about fitting all that hair in the hat.

the skin head is used by military, athletes, movie stars, matial artists, rebels. i can go on.
it is an extremely practical haircut, that also says a huge statement.

there's this whole thing online you see of people not wanting to go bald.
but the problem isnt being balt, its the inbetween stage.
BALDING.
being bald looks good.
having a full head of hair looks good.
balding looks shit
>>
>>18099611
>you can be in the complete dark
I do not really care for needing light although not needing it will give a huge advantage.
I can always just wait for dawn. It's not like there is any eclipse coming soon.
>only use a razor
A razor is a recent thing where I live. I would much prefer a knife as I know how obtain one and how to sharpen it, a razor is disposable which creates the problem of needing a new one frequently.
>just wear a hat, which will be easier to do
you mean like a baseball cap? That still does not cover a good chunk of my skul.
What I want is short hair so that I won't need a hat to be protected from flies.
>but the problem isnt being balt, its the inbetween stage.
>BALDING.
Yeah balding is horrible and being bald is ok, but I still believe a head with short hair is ideal.
>>
>>18099611
>the skin head
I do not deny it's charm however adjustable length hair is better as you can find ways cut it shorter or longer as you see fit to do it especially when you want someone to not find you in s chrowd of people.
>>
dumb question and i believe you are larping if you can’t manage this simple task yourself
i live in the woods in a very cold climate far off the road system
sometimes i can start my generators, sometimes i can’t for a week or two and i have to save my power for lighting
i use a 20$ battery powered clipper and give myself a buzz cut then go over it without a guard to trim the beard at the neck. the batteries on mine last for months and i cut my hair at least once a week, trimming my neckline twice a week

don't overcomplicate this
>cutting your own hair
buzzcut with battery clippers, use whatever mirror you have to trim beard and avoid neckbeard. use your hands to feel what you missed and cut once a week so that the parts you do miss don’t get too long. accept that you won’t be able to trim the back of your neck.
>someone else cutting hair
i spent four years using a ruined car batteries, a trickle charger, and a cheap inverter for lighting, it’s enough for a haircut. give them the cheap battery clippers and let them have a field day.

answer is buzzcut if you are male btw, it looks good and feels good. used to have long curly red hair and now i can spend summers without sweating my ass off and winters comfortably fitting in a hat

if you are female just get someone else to do it for you with scissors after watching youtube videos
or go to a professional every few weeks like many people do
>>
>>18099909
dumb question and i believe you are larping if you can’t manage this simple task yourself
How am I supposed to know something which was never taught to me?
Where on the internet is there talk about cutting your hair without electricity or complex tools?
>sometimes i can start my generators, sometimes i can’t for a week or two and i have to save my power for lighting
where I come from, cities still don't fully have access to plumbing and electricity and the average salary is 300 usd
>buzzcut with battery clippers, use whatever mirror you have to trim beard and avoid neckbeard. use your hands to feel what you missed and cut once a week so that the parts you do miss don’t get too long. accept that you won’t be able to trim the back of your neck.
And if you don't have access to electricity?
>>
>>18095896
>I live in an area of europe where power outages aren't uncommon
Ukraine?
>I would like a haircut which I can do myself with simple tools like a well sharpened knife or scissors so that I can always look my best if I am not only working/sleeping.
Just grow it out then, until the power outages end (in 10 years or so).
>>
File: 1693400915978711.jpg (125 KB, 882x786)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>18098299
pic related
or watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-AF_kiAvkE

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.