[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is pompadour hairstyle too much trouble and I should just have regular short hair like every zoomer? Anyone here had a pompadour of some kind? It's my favourite anime hairstyle
>>
File: weeaboo.png (6 KB, 175x185)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>anime hairstyle
>>
>>18097340
my hair goes down to near my waist and I have been interested in styling it into an oversized pompadour for a while, I haven't been able to find any tutorials though. I know you normally shave the sides but I would really rather find a way to make it work without that. I don't watch anime I just like Japanese Rockabilly
>>
>>18097345
I'm a proud weeaboo you can't do anything to me
>>18097350
Waist long hair is pretty long. You could maybe have a pompadour with a ponytail in the back but it all comes down to having a lot of hair products to shape your hair. I don't blame you for wanting to try this hair. I have shoulder length hair and I'm planning to try this hairstyle or go back to having shorter hair if I mess my hair up with all the brushing and hair products
>>
>>18097340
In my experience it's too much trouble but then again I don't care enough to use any product in my hair. Not even shampoo, just water and a small amount of soap.
So if you don't mind put in product and maintaining it throughout the day, go ahead, they look dope and tuff
>>
you need to be of a certain status and have a certain level of confidence to be able to successfully wear a pompadour
>>
>>18097340
I have the slickback
>>
>>18097340
How do I style a pomp?
>>
>>18099801
jewtube, goyim
>>
>>18099594
It's over. Maybe when I'm 25 I'll try this hairstyle again but right now I feel like I want to give up on this anime pompadour dream. I think I don't have what it takes to rock a pompadour. I'm not worthy to wear this crown on my head like that for everyone to see. All those characters with pompadours are made for this and maybe I'm just not
>>18099778
You use hair spray and gel?
>>
>>18099801

you need the correct hair style first. long on the top and especially at the front third of your crown.

it's mostly technique and product. Work some high hold pomade through your damp hair, getting down into the roots

brush it forward over your face and then back over your scalp to grab it in a hair brush and then push it forward (sort of teasing it) so you get the hair standing up vertical. blow dry the roots as you continue to tease your hair forward and up to get the height

then its just combed down and back behind the pomp. use more product as necessary. a horsehair brush will keep the hair down and tight.

finish with spray if you want it to stay like that or just adjust it throughout the day with a comb. pat the pomp down just behind the peak and push it forward and comb up the vertical part to keep it teased
>>
>>18100119
Tip from different anon, apply a high hold pomade first and layer it with a medium hold.
Oil-based pomade can be layered and built up over the course of a few days, once or twice a week rinse the hair with apple cider vinegar and water. There are also specialized shampoos that will strip the hair of any oil residue.
Water-based pomade can be rinsed out with water and hardens on the hair strands similar to gel, oil-based retains more flexibility and adds more shine (hence the term greaser for pompadour-sporting rockabilly types)
>>
File: 1684993469968443.png (1.2 MB, 773x1024)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>18097340
you're gonna look like this guy if you're not japanese

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.