[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can we have a floss of toothpaste and general oral hygiene here?
every once in a while we have one about deodorants so I think it won't be completely off topic
>you are an adult, you no longer use the toothpaste that you shared with your entire family, right?
>rinse? which
>tongue scraper? specify and recommend
>>
Yes rinse. The directions on the toothpaste says DO NOT SWALLOW. My toothpaste says it twice.
>>
>>18106113
Off topic garbage there's a health and fitness board
>>
>>18106139
Why are skincare threads here and not there then?
>>
Literally any toothpaste with fluoride works they are basically all the same

Use an electric toothbrush, just don't get one with a circle head. Again they are basically all the same

Spit out the toothpaste after brushing, but don't rinse, washes away the protective stuff

Brush after eating, not before

Mouthwash isn't harmful, but isn't that helpful either all things considered

Floss at least once a week, technically you should do it everyday, but once a week is good enough.

Brush your tongue for like 5 seconds then use a stainless steel tongue scraper to take all the gross gunk off. Search tongue scraper on amazon and get the one that looks like a steel "U".
>>
>>18106522
>brush after eating
in the morning i'd most definitely brush before breakfast, in the evening brush after you're done with all food/drinks that arent water
>>
>>18106522
I dont spit after brushing but rinse with mouthwash. thoughts?
>>
>>18106530
you are just spitting al little later, after rinsing, which you shouldnt. basically oyu spit and rinse, just at the same time. are you a moron?
>>
i brush only in the morning and never rinse, never tongue scrape. never had any problems and i have sex.

teeth and cope dentalfags
>>
File: ceiling tactician.png (229 KB, 461x426)
229 KB
229 KB PNG
>>18106549
i suspect ambient bacteria, diet (currently and during development), activity (breathing, etc) and genetics all have a huge effect on the routines people need to achieve the same amount of hygiene. i guess this is probably known already, but i wish it were better understood.
it seems like we're all just rats in the dark, doing what seems to have worked so far.
i like "cope and teethe"
>>
>>18106553
>>18106549
>>18106530
>>18106528
Opinion on toothpaste with baking soda?
>>18106522
>>
>>18106549
brushing only in the morning is based but never tongue scraping is gross
>>
>>18106999
If it doesn't have fluoride there isn't any point
>>
>>18106113
On a somewhat related note wisdom teeth removal is a scam. I was told that I needed all four removed when I was 15. Never got it done. The ones in the back were partially erupted for a bit but as my jaw grew they eventually came in just fine. Been over ten years without any problems.
>>
>>18108342
I hate dentists so much. Scam bitches
>>
>>18106522
>>18106528

after eating is better, except you ate something acidic which softened the enamell.

so if you drink juice or eat alot of fruit for breakfast then its better to brush before.
>>
File: ASR.jpg (157 KB, 1920x1079)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
>>18108342
>>18108368
i honestly think that dentists or better Orthodontics have made quite big improvements the last decade or so, much better diagnostics 3d scans and xrays.
when i got braces all they had was a plaster mold and a 1950s x ray tube with anlog film.
or pic rel ASR, turns out instead of removing 4 teeth you can just take off 0,25mm per teeth and have enought space for braces.
i think i noticed that zoomers have much better aligned teeth than my late milenial age group, idk if its because they got much better or if things already got worse again in my age group.
>>
According to my dentist, whom I've seen for 14 years now, since I was a teen:
>Brush. Manual is ok, but an electric is actually better.
>Any fluoride toothpaste is fine, mine tells me to generally avoid "whitening". I use Colgate total or Poridontax (non whitening)
>Brush, spit, rinse, then mouthwash, don't rinse after the mouthwash.
>Floss twice daily

No cavities, no problems. Top two wisdom teeth out in my mid 20s.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.