[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

what does /fa/ think of Italian linen? worth the expense?
>>
File: file.png (252 KB, 889x542)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>18106317
>Italian linen?
best flax grows in the North
>>
>>18106326
any labels you can recommend?
>>
>>18106317
"Italian x" is 9 times out of 10 overpriced garbage
That stuff is 1.5x as good (maybe) but 10x the price (guaranteed)
>>
>>18106390
1.5x as good as what? Where would you go for linen shirts?
>>
>>18105342
>>18105342
my jacket is italian
>>
>>18106317
Italian everything is shit and has been coasting on a reputation earned generations ago to sell you garbage.
>Bubut these two brands still make decent stuff
Sure but 99% of Italian made clothes are junk made by chink sweatshop labor in the north of Italy.
>>
>>18106317
i have an italian linen ralph lauren purple label shirt i got at the thrift for 15 bucks and it's really nice, the way it falls is perfect. looks stupid untucked though
>>
>>18106762
Boglioli, Massimo Alba, usually what I'm dressed in
>>
>>18107201
thanks anon, they both certianly have some nice stuff
>>
Solbiati linen is really fucking good. Same company as Loro Piana, but Solbiati isn't as "mainstream" of a name as Loro and the quality hasn't been diluted yet. Lots of companies use their linen, I have a Hugo linen sport coat from the 90s that's held up great.

It's hard to explain well but the linen doesn't feel like traditional Irish linen, it's slightly heavier and tougher, has a little more texture, not as flat. If Irish linen is silk this is more like tweed. Still breathes well in the summer but it has a touch more structure to it and doesn't wrinkle quite as easily.

If you're shopping on eBay, Poshmark, etc and see a linen sport coat with a Solbiati tag, grab it. They're normally pretty cheap because normies don't know the name like they do Loro, you won't see stealth wealth tiktoks name dropping it.
>>
>>18106317
yeah i've also been getting those ads on insta
>>
>>18106762
this guy again, why is it that every time shitaly is mentioned he spergs about chinese sweatshops, like anything you have wasn't made by bangladeshi children in a squalid slave shop in dhaka and then the label stitched on in england so it could say "made in england"
>>
>>18107348
It's Irish linens that are heavier and tougher than the italian stuff, not the other way around. you're just comparing delavé linen to unwashed linens. delavé linen is a lot more common on rtw clothing so you just don't see the real hardy stuff very often except in bunches for mtm/bepsoke. I've seen linen from HFW and Dugdale and Holland & Sherry that feel like iron compared to solbiati.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.