[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fkn skincare go.jpg (195 KB, 1323x741)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
Hygiene/skincare General #8 post your sunscreen edition
Previous >>18080800

Post your routine, holy grails and strategies to shave balls. Share experience about skincare products and your skin issues

FAQ:
Basic routine, skincare guide, and products tips: http://pastebin.com/5QEQgMUp
How to pop pimples, remove blackheads and whiteheads: http://pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Why you shouldn't use ordinary soap on your face: http://pastebin.com/Ujf2x9M6
How to improve your skin tone through diet: http://pastebin.com/epLqSbEQ
Studies on how diary and sugars create acne: http://pastebin.com/0H5gag01
Dark circles around the eyes: http://pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants and synthetic detergents: http://pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH): http://pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids:
http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen:
http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles:
http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html
>>
>>18105315
cicaplast baume is great but i would try something lighter and oil free for 2 weeks to see if anything changes
if that wont work idk maybe try cleansing with just water instead and make sure to use lukewarm water
i stopped getting oily after applying geek & gorgeous vitamin c serum which was quite surprising for me
>>18105765
there are better ones
>>18106058
no idea, post pics someone might help or check with derm when it happens
>>18106318
not really, no
retinoids can help but they will reduce deep ones by like 10-20% over extended period of time
topically you can introduce skincare routine to prevent it getting worse
>>
File: 1698306927315044.gif (3.87 MB, 169x224)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB GIF
skincare thugs
>>
File: z9ojrtupirh71.jpg (675 KB, 3024x4032)
675 KB
675 KB JPG
How do i treat chicken skin around neck?
>>
>>18106606
Gently scrub in a circular motion with a washcloth 2-3 times a week, use 13% ammonium lactate lotion on it every day while your skin is damp out of the shower. If that's too harsh use a lighter lotion most of the week and use the ammonium lactate lotion 2-3 times a week.
You could also try applying 15%-20% azelaic acid acid cream to the area daily and following with a light moisturizer.
Either way you will need to start applying sunscreen to the area any day you are going outside at all, even just commuting to work because both treatments will make your skin significantly more sensitive to sunburns.
I have that shit pretty bad on my arms and the scrubbing + amlac lotion mostly takes care of it. I would rather use azelaic acid but i would go through like 3 tubes a month.
>>
File: 11111.png (1.18 MB, 2556x1080)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
I’m in my early twenties and already have nasolabial folds and mounds on the side of the lips that extend them. I used to be fatter before checking my diet and losing around 30ish pounds. Will losing more weight make it worse? Can it be fixed or is it just over for me?
I started Retinol, should I get on Tret or are the effects the same? Getting a presciption seems like a pain.
>>
>>18106889
you are fat
lose weight fatty
>>
>>18106889
>my early twenties
Lose weight, you are still young enough that your skin will recover and tighten back up. That shit will go away once your face has less fat on it.
>Getting a presciption seems like a pain.
Its $20 a tube from cureology they give you a script with a 5 minute online "consultation" just don't let them upsell you on all their sunscreen and moisturizer and shit, and tell them not to put niacinamide in the tret.
Oh and make sure you are wearing sunscreen anytime you go outside if you use retinoids.
>>
>>18105170
>if you mean not shiny check out sunscreen reviews on youtube
I mean good quality, shine doesn't bother me too much (though obviously matte is preferred).
>>
my sunscreen keeps pilling on my face like picrel. how can i stop this?
>>
I just started using The Ordinary products half a year ago and got myself into the retinoid rabbit hole. Here is my current routine:

Morning:
- Water Cleanse (sometimes too lazy/busy to do it)
- Aloe 2% + NAG 2% (only on non-work days)
- Alpha Arbutin 2% (same as above)
- EUK-134 0.1%
- Garnier Sensitive Advanced Protection Lotion

Night:
- Neutrogena Clear & Defend 2% Salicylic Acid Face Wash
- Aloe 2% + NAG 2%
- Alpha Arbutin 2%
- Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane

I tend to resist ageing while also fade my moles and pores. I guess my routine is good enough?
Should I add copper-peptide into my night routine?

Moreover I don't feel like using moisturiser because I have blackouts once I use it after applying my serums. Is it still necessary to my retinoid routine, like it could seal the serums to my skin? If it is still needed, is NMF + beta-glucan a good moisturiser for me?
>>
File: file.png (606 KB, 1500x1500)
606 KB
606 KB PNG
>>18106920
>Oh and make sure you are wearing sunscreen anytime you go outside if you use retinoids.
I use a 35 SPF moisturizer from Cetaphil, should I just get a regular sunscreen or is it adequate for blocking the sun?
>>
>>18106511
>retinoids can help but they will reduce deep ones by like 10-20% over extended period of time
Probably wouldn't do anything, but I may try it since I have light acne scarring I should probably get rid of. Are there any risks with Retinol? My skin has never been sensitive and I haven't had acne in a decade or so.
>>
>>18106889
Life advice: If you can't grow full facial hair, don't grow it at all.

>>18106952
Go to TJMaxx and find some weird Korean brand sunscreen that is at least 50SPF; they don't pill at all and leave zero white trace.

>>18106967
You want at least 50 SPF
>>
File: IMG_7565.jpg (980 KB, 1070x956)
980 KB
980 KB JPG
>>18106499
my routine
>spf 50 moisturiser every morning (that i leave the house)
>sculpted by aimee double cleanser and cloud cream every morning and night (highly recommended every product by her!!!!)
>biome brightening ampoule idk twice a week
>face mask once a week!
>>
currently consooming this
>>
>>18107404
how is it?
>>
>>18107405
kind of shiny (not TOO much)

but to be fair i think there is no sunscreen that isn't a little shiny.
>>
>>18107405
but otherwise very good (not greasy/disgusting)
>>
>>18107412
>>18107414
good to know, thanks
>>
>>18107414
and feels nice on skin (not heavy/annoying) and general high quality
>>
Morning (only if I go out):
>step in the shower and get wet (just water, no soap or anything)
>Cerave AM moisturizer SPF50
Afternoon (always):
>full shower, use Cerave foaming cleanser
>Cerave PM moisturizer
Is there anything else I should be doing that would provide significant benefits? I'm kinda lazy and don't want an overly complicated routine unless it's really worth it. Also any product I could use around the eyes? I don't touch that area because I've been told not to but I'm guessing it would benefit from some sunblock or moisturizer as well.
>>
>>18107055
>Go to TJMaxx and find some weird Korean brand sunscreen that is at least 50SPF; they don't pill at all and leave zero white trace.
I am already using this one (on the right)
>>
>>18107422
You can put sunblock around your eyes, just don't get it in your eyes or it might sting.
Since you are already wearing sunscreen you could add retinol or a prescription retinoid like tretinoin pretty easily, just adds an extra 30 second step at night before you apply moisturizer.
>>
Do you really need to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours like they recommend, or is this just a meme from Big SunScreen to get us to buy more product? This is assuming you aren't outside working up a sweat or swimming. Just normal day to day driving and walking around.
>>
Does tret age you more long term or is /fit/ just retarded?
>>>/fit/74182548
>>
>>18107833
I thought there was a reason for tret to be prescription only while retinoids were not.
>>
>>18106511
>cicaplast baume is great but i would try something lighter and oil free
any recommendations? thanks
>>
>>18106511
What's even the point of cicaplast baume?
>>
>>18107412
Many Asian sunscreens are totally matte.
>>
>>18107957
i apply a thick layer over retinal (retinaldehyde, cant get tret where i live so this is the best i can do i guess) in the PM, moisturized
>>18107960
ive been looking a matte sunscreen, any tips?
>>
>>18107961
moisturizer**
looking for**
nice dysxelia
>>
>>18107961
>Ive been looking a matte sunscreen, any tips?
SCINIC - Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence is probably my favorite and it's quite cheap as well (€7-10 for 50ml). Also like: Beauty of Joseon - Relief Sun, Canmake - Mermaid Skin Gel UV Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA++++, SKIN 1004 - Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum, Nivea Japan - UV Super Water Gel SPF 50 PA+++. Kose - Suncut UV Perfect Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ and OMI - Verdio UV Moisture Gel N SPF 50+ PA++++ if you want waterproof suncreens.

>cant get tret where i live so this is the best i can do i guess
Where's that?
>>
>>18107896
Because people cant do the routine properly or apply too much? Isnt it just because its stronger?
>>
>>18107960
example(s)? are they available in Europe?
>>
>>18107989
ignore that just saw that you answered this already
>>
>>18107973
>SCINIC - Enjoy Super Mild Sun Essence
just looked this one up and it appeared very shiny

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9Zg42Cf4J5E

does it get less shiny after a few minutes?
>>
>>18108008
It's not that shiny on me. It absorbs pretty quickly and eventually looks like I have nothing on. Most people think it's matte to natural, and it's certainly much better than any European sunscreen, but no sunscreen is going to look and feel like a gel moisturizer. Japanese sunscreens may be better than Korean if you want super matte? So maybe look into the Nivea Japan and Kose ones.

Hada Labo Koi-Gokujyun UV White Gel SPF 50+ PA++++ is also really good, but it's in a jar.
>>
How long does it take for a new product to work or show results
>>
File: 1714435637633861.jpg (293 KB, 750x784)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>18106920
I can't use curology because their base compounding formula contains phenoxyethanol. Do you guys of any providers that offer prescription tret or compounds tret/topical spiro without it?
>>
File: file.png (600 KB, 1500x1500)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
>>18107973
>Where's that?
Czech Republic, I've literally never seen anybody use tretinoin in my life
>>18108088
thanks, I've heard some good stuff about Kose. I've been thinking about mineral sunscreens for matteness - i'm white so i reckon i dont have to worry about white cast that much. any ideas about that? i've heard people recommend dr.g mild up sun
>>
>>18106537
what did i just watch
>>18106889
its probs fat and if not, maybe high cortizol
also amazing how simple light angle can emphasize folds
>>18106946
>good quality
choose any korean sunscreen, they have good filters
>>18106952
just choose a different one until it works for you
not 100% but there is a chance it happens due to overmoisturized skin (at least for me)
>>18106958
>face moles
are you sure? not sure if anything topical can help with these. better to remove them
>pores
id suggest double cleansing and swap to a salicylic acid toner instead of cleanser (leave-on SA is more effective for this i think)
>Should I add copper-peptide
probably yes, during the work days so its not used with EUK or anti oxidants (check the ordinary website what it can be used with to see if it fits your routine)
>don't feel like using moisturiser
never used retinoids from the ordinary but since they are in squalane i assume they are hydrating you enough? your sunscreen is probably hydrating too. if you dont see any dryness you are probably fine
>>18107042
>any risks with Retinol
possible dryness and irritation if used too much or too often. also easier sunburn so you have to use spf
>>18107333
cool but idk if face mask with hyaluronic acid is worth it, id choose something with centella or argan oil instead
>>18107412
>kind of shiny
thought about trying the anthelios line once but idk
>>18107422
depends if your eye area tolerates products. my eyes cant stand anything really. i leave 1-2cm space from my eyes
>significant benefits
it would be best to target your skin issues if you have any to see the most out of a product. if you dont, your next step is retinoids
>>18107654
no, unless you are super sweaty or wipe your forehead/face a lot
>>18107833
just retarded
>>18107942
its a holy grail product for over exfoliation or using too much retinoids. soothes and calms skin basically. also used to slug
>>18108131
anywhere between overnight and 12 months
>>
>>18108503
>never used retinoids from the ordinary
So you have better choice from drugstores like Boots? Because I consider alternating between The Ordinary's copper peptide and retinal emulsion once I use up my Granactive Retinoid in Squalane.
Funny enough that I haven't experience any sign of "retinization" since I started with the Granactive 2% emulsion in February but I feel my face is smoother than before.
>>
When is it too late to start caring about this shit?
>>
Thoughts on red light therapy? I think it might be snake oil but I have some money to throw away for a mask
>>
>>18108615
Never.
>>
File: qwdqwdwqdd.jpg (43 KB, 511x757)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>18108540
no idea whats the choice at boots, never been there
>alternating between The Ordinary's copper peptide and retinal emulsion once I use up my Granactive Retinoid in Squalane
yep, sounds like the way to go
>haven't experience any sign of "retinization"
i would need to look a little more as 2% retinol is a bit much and not sure if its actually retinol or some derivative

check out if you can get pic related in your area. its a stronger retinoid, apparently a little better than tret but needs no prescription. the leaflet in the package had instructions in many EU languages so maybe you can find it in your area too. it is manufactured in greece i think

>>18108615
see >>18108653
>>18108625
idk, it looks like a meme but apparently science backs it up
Bryan Johnson apparently incorporated it as well in his anti aging regimen, but he says hes been using it on and off at 22 minute mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObchFIOjDqY
>>
>>18109028
Take everything Bryan says with a grain of salt. I appreciate that he makes everything public but he’s a businessman first and foremost
>>
A bit late but I've decided to start taking care of my skin more now that I'm in my late 20s so I'm looking for a daily routine to follow. I don't have oily skin but I do have some acne scars leftover that I'd like to get rid of, or at least make them less apparent

Morning:
Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
Cerave PM moisturizer
Garnier Ombrelle 30SPF sunscreen, if going out

Night, after showering:
Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser
Cerave resurfacing retinol serum
Cerave PM moisturizer

How much time do I need to wait between products? I don't know much about skincare so any advice is appreciated but I'd like to keep the routine simple if possible
>>
Does anyone have experience with an increase in breakouts after starting skincare? I've been doing it for a few months and have noticed an increase in larger pimples/acne, but my skin has generally cleared up. Is this a normal thing or have I fucked it?

My routine is all in the morning after a shower (or at night after a shower):
Cerave foaming facial cleanser.
Body Shop Tea Tree facial toner
Cerave moisturizer

Also, any recommendations for acne scarring? I have quite a bit from my early teens
>>
>>18109084
yeah, not sure how long hes been doing this but he does not look that great desu
>>18109304
looks great
>How much time do I need to wait between products
until dry. a few minutes probably for these
>any advice is appreciated but I'd like to keep the routine simple if possible
you can simplify by
- removing cleanser in am and cleanse with just water (but continue using in pm to wash off spf)
- getting a moisturizer + spf combo so you apply one product only in am. many sunscreens are moisturizing anyway but get something korean and make sure its spf50
>>18109364
>increase in breakouts after starting skincare
its pretty common, even when using moisturizers i think. give it a few weeks and you will be good
>acne scarring
what type? discoloration or atrophic scars?
>>
>>18110166
Mostly atrophic, they're mostly around my jaw and up my left cheek. They're not horrible but it's still noticeable and makes my skin look worse than I'd like it to.
That's good to hear about the normality of outbreaks though, thanks friend.
>>
>>18106499
pulled the trigger on the Omnilux mens led mask for that Bateman look. They have a mothers day sale with $45 off (EARLY1) right now which is a tad more than the normal 10%
>>
>>18110989
>led mask
Sounds like snake oil.
>>
I've spent too much time in the sun and think I have a bit of skin damage on my nose. How should I go about trying to repair this?
>>
i havent showered for 2 years because im afraid of water, is it over?
>>
How do I "fix" pore holes on my face (I'm not exactly sure what do you call it but I believe it's pore holes)

Like, what type of skin cares am I looking for?
>>
>>18107896
>I thought there was a reason for tret to be prescription only while retinoids were not.
The reason is that women are retarded and need a Doctor to supervise them to make sure they don't use drugs they shouldn't while they are pregnant. Oral tretinoin should not be used during pregnancy, topical is probably fine but just in case they make is prescription only so women can be told not to use it while pregnant.
>>
>>18110417
if they are visible under specific light angles only then retinoids might help a little. epiduo forte worked for me filling them out a lil bit but they were shallow
if they are worse or deeper, go for dermarolling
>>18111361
is it dark spots or redness?
>>18111745
>is it over?
what exactly?
>>18111826
check out Tina's videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdxhw9fCkY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAveYddVE8s
>>
what moisturizer and other products would you recommend using if my skin is a bit oily and I sometimes get breakouts on my chin?
>>
>>18111950
Redness
>>
>>18111899
Differin was prescription only for the same reasons until it was made OTC. My guess is that there isn't much for pharma companies to gain financially by trying to make tret OTC.
>>
>>18112383
The good Differin (0.3%) is still prescription thoughbeit
>>
Best options for a morning moisturizer with SPF and a night retinol moisturizer? Don't mind if it's not cheap.

I was recommended this for the first one:
https://www.cetaphil.com/us/moisturizers/dermacontrol-oil-absorbing-moisturizer-spf-30/302994313044.html
>>
>>18111966
cerave pm or anything that is lightweight, oil free and contains niacinamide
>>18112049
get something for sunburn or after sunbath, probs anything with moisturizing and soothing ingredients will work
>>18112486
>morning moisturizer with SPF
cerave am
any kbeauty moisturizing sunscreen
>night retinol moisturizer
olay 24 or neutrogena
>>
>>18112838
how many images in your folder
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.11 MB, 2448x3264)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
How do I even fix this? I think it's a combination of bad life choices, like bad diet and lack of exercise and I had acne in my teenage years and this shit is really stressing me out, I'm going to a dermatologist and taking roaccutane for acne on other parts of my body but my chest and back is covered with these white spots that seem to be trapped under my skin and I have no clue how to get rid of them. I don't exfoliate my body and I think that's the problem, I didn't learn proper skincare and my face is also very bad and I have a 35 year old's cracked, dried out but at the same time oily skin at the age of 19 and idk what to do about it.

But these white spots REALLY anger me specifically, I've had them for years and I've been looking for weeks online on people who have similar symptoms and I have no fucking clue what you even call this condition. When I search "white spots", I usually get people who have vitiligo or white spots from the sun but nobody who has like little pockets of white trapped under their skin. Not a SINGLE PERSON I've found and I'm lost as to wtf this is. When I mention this and other stupid shit on my body to my dermatologist at my like monthly/bimonthly checkup, they just say "oh just keep taking roaccutane bruh" but dude, I don't think roaccutane can fix this one. I've tried scrubbing my body with a cleanser that has salicylic acid in it per their recommendation but I saw no results, using it for an extended period of time.
>>
>>18113153
As for my routine, I do PM:
>CeraVe cleanser for blemish-prone skin
>CeraVe moisturizer for dry to normal skin
In the morning only SPF 50+ from Nivea, I think this also sucks dick and I need to get better sunscreen. I need to flip my shit upside down, I just hope it isn't too late to fix the results of bad habits and no hygiene standards that I've had during my teen years.
>>
>>18113153
try going to a different dermatologist
>>
Shittiest skin of all time here, oily as fuck t-zone that also explodes into flaky rosacea every five seconds if I don't meticulously shower and pray to the skin gods. Also bad acne when I was young and still problems with it.

Started using a $2 facial cleanser pump from Trader Joe's before bed, one salicylic pad a day if I don't forget / get lazy, and mix a tiny drop of benzoyl peroxide with another $2 moisturizer I think also from TJ's. Fixed most of my skin problems, also made my pores a lot smaller so I generally look better I think.

But that fucking cocksucking rosacea kept getting me. I'd just get those horrible flakes no matter what. And if I got them, I knew it was 5 days of looking like shit until the moisturizer "built up" enough to undo the damage or something.

That is, until I randomly put some zinc cream I originally bought for a ballbag rash on my face just on a whim. Boom, rosacea magically cured even if I get lazy with everything else. tldr: try putting zinc on your ugly face.
>>
>>18112838
>cerave am or any kbeauty moisturizing sunscreen
>olay 24 or neutrogena
Does the 30 spf cerave am leave a shiny or white residue at all in daily use?
Also, if I were to add a cleaner to use in the shower, what would be the best to go along with the other recommendations?
>>
>>18106920
When do you become old enough where losing weight becomes risky in that your face skin may not tighten thus aging you many years
>>
>>18113355
sounds like its probably seb derm, not rosacea. Be sure you shave every day. If you use a head and shoulders type shampoo (zinc) then you can also wash your face with it.
>>
Has anyone used numbuzin serum no.3? Just curious how it is for slightly sensitive skin.
>>
>>18113988
>When do you become old enough where losing weight becomes risky in that your face skin may not tighten thus aging you many years
soon™
better hit the gym
>>
>>18114607
I haven't used it but i use a very similar serum, the possible issue that i see with numbuzin serum no.3 is that it contains niacinamide, for many people this isn't a problem but for some it causes slight irritation. Usually it's only temporary for a few days and then your skin gets used to it. Anyway i just finished a bottle of Manyo Bifida Biome Complex Ampoule which again is a fairly similar formation and i liked it and didn't find it to cause irritation. Based on that i will say you will probably be fine using the no 3 serum.
>>
ARE some people just destined to have bad skin no matter what? I drink like 3-5 L of water everyday, sleep well, have a good diet, spent billions on skincare products that everyone swears by but they do nothing for my rosacea. It’s all a waste of time and money
>>
Any recommendations for something light that clears most debris from the face?
>>
>>18114771
To add to this, I don’t think I need anything else. I just touch my face and sweat a lot. I’d say most of my acne these days are causes from dead skin cells. I’m on something right now that works good, but I think is a bit too harsh on my skin in the long run
>>
File: file.png (415 KB, 1123x754)
415 KB
415 KB PNG
Is this stuff worth adding to a skincare routine? As a 27 yo dude
>>
hi everyone, i'd like to get into skincare and i was wondering, will the basic skincare routine (cleanser, moisturizer) make my skin naturally better over time, or is it more of a temporary thing with little effect after it wears off? i get that sunscreen has a preventative purpose but i'm pretty clueless about everything else. thanks
>>
>>18114743
Thanks anon will introduce it
>>
>>18114918
am:
- cleanser
- moisturizer (optional if ur skin is oily and ur suncreen is sufficiently moisturizing)
- sunscreen
pm:
- (some active substance, depends on your skin concerns)
- thicker layer of moisturizer

simple as, you can use certain actives in the am too but again you haev said nothing about your skin
>>
I'm trying to switch from razors to foil shavers but I'm having trouble clearing up some pesky hairs and I think I might have some ingrown hairs. First are foil shavers usually efficient and second how do I deal with ingrown hairs?
>>
File: vaseline.jpg (103 KB, 1000x1000)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>literally the best occlusive and eye cream on the market
Just cleanse your face, use your nightly moisturize and wait for it to dry, apply Vaseline and then sleep. Why don't more people do this? I have normal skin (not oily, not dry) and it works wonders in the winter.
>>
>>18115227
Wouldn't it clog pores if you are acne prone? That said, you are right. My grandmother put in on for face before bed for her entire life according to my mother and she has better skin than me (27) at 80. It's unfucking real.
>>
File: best-explanation.png (63 KB, 722x203)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>18115241
This Redditor explains it the best. Vaseline will not clog pores, but if your face is dirty before you apply the Vaseline, the barrier will seal in dirt, oils, and impurities, causing breakouts. As long as you thoroughly cleanse before applying Vaseline, you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>18112849
infinite
>>18113153
try getting second opinion if possible. not sure salicylic acid can help with this
you could also review your laundry detergents and get something specifically for newborns or hypoallergic at least one time just to eliminate it
>>18113355
nice, good to know, but yeah probs not rosacea as other anon said
>>18113680
>Does the 30 spf cerave am leave a shiny or white residue at all in daily use?
did not leave any on me, but formulations may vary between regions
>cleaner to use in the shower
if you have no body skin issues then probably something for babies (less irritants and slop in ingredients)
>>18114770
not sure you can cure rosacea. azelaic acid is a number one remedy and most other things are mostly memes
>>18114771
>>18114778
you could start with salicylic acid cleanser or any cleanser (eg neutrogena hydro boost) + leave-on exfoliant
>>18114804
yes, even if you have no skin issues it is anti aging which fits most people goals
>>18114918
>better over time
mostly yes but there are some gimmicks that dont work long term like hyaluronic acid (although low molecular level one apparently does the trick)
if you are on the verge with efficacy then why not check out some of the hollywood actors or models and compare them and their age to yourself/friends/parents
i think these links from last thread can answer some of your questions too:
>moisturizer
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5849435/
>cleanser
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8954092/
>>18115199
>trying to switch from razors to foil shavers
me too man
>how do I deal with ingrown hairs
salicylic acid or urea i think
not entirely sure but maybe a hot towel on face for 5 minutes before shaving could help too as a preventative measure
>>18115227
i sometimes slug with vaseline but every now and then it makes me itchy
>>
>>18115550
>yes, even if you have no skin issues it is anti aging which fits most people goals
should I use differin instead of tretinoin? I have tretinoin but I never use it since it makes my face more red/purge
>>
>>18115665
Differin will have similar effects to tret.
Take another crack at the tret but start slowly 3 days a week for 2-3 weeks, then evey other day for 2-3 weeks then daily if you tolerate it well, every other day is fine long term if that's what works best for you.
Also use extra moisturizer at night. You will get more acne for a couple of weeks when you start but that will go away after a while, it's a result of your skin turning over faster so all the stuff deep under your skin works it's way to the surface faster.
Also make sure not to apply too much tret, you only need a small amount.
You could also get a mild retinol serum like the one from cerave and use a bottle of that before starting tret to make the transition easier.
>>
I’ve neglected my face almost all my life, picked at acne as a teen. Hardly used sunscreen, and washed with bar soap. I want to keep my young looks, have good genetics so I’m looking at the recommended starting point listed by OP. Is it worth going organic with facial cleanser, moisturizer, and toner? Any advice for a completely unaware anon.
>>
>>18115754
yeah start simple, cerave cleanser and moisturiser. if you're acne prone get a cleanser for oily skin and not dry, and wear suncream esp if you're in a sunny country. then you can start adding active ingredients for specific issues but don't just use stuff (e.g. something for uneven skin tone, something for unclogging pores, retinol if you're over 25)
>>
>>18115853
wait am i retarded for blasting retinaldehyde (retinal) at 20 years old?
>>
File: 1714811418545.png (217 KB, 586x379)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
treating acne with different prescription drugs since 2019.
i cannot get rid of single pimples and like 75% of them happen in the area pic related. they're almost symmetrical. any ideas on cause? before you ask i already practice like 100 most common acne tips you'll see on google, yes i do wash my pillow case, yes i do use cleanser/moisturizer/SPF50, yes i did cut out sugar/diary from my diet etc.
i don't exfoliate as i'm on 2.5% BP + 0.1% adapalene and it's THE strongest acne prescription cream in my country. we only have 0.025% tret which i tried before and it was way worse. funnily enough we don't have any sort of 2.5% pure BP wash, only some 10% BP cream which is cancer.

it's weird because my acne got 90% better than it was years ago, so the meds helped, but i still have <10 pimples at all time. they're mostly under the skin type as in you can't even pop them. they don't want me on izotret because it's too mild, yet at the same time i'm running out of options (i tried like 6 different brands of acne drugs, including antibiotics).
>>
>>18108422
Im in austria & i get my tret from a lady on a marketplace app like facebook marketplace, try your luck
>>
At what point do i step up from 0.0025% tret to 0.005%? Ive been on it for a year now, more or less using it nightly (if im not to lazy) and not experiencing any side effects any more. Goal is anti aging, skin ist otherwise good
>>
File: IMG_1593.jpg (731 KB, 1576x2098)
731 KB
731 KB JPG
>>18115853
35 years old, no acne problems but probably some scars from my teens. What would you suggest for the craters that are my face?
>>
Does anybody here have a pristine nose with no blackheads whatsoever? I think empty nose pores is impossible. :(
>>
File: 20240513_123345.jpg (1.05 MB, 2587x2208)
1.05 MB
1.05 MB JPG
30y/o anon, starting to get wrinkles and blackheads on my forehead, and dried skin on my nose. i wipe my face clean and moisturize with E45 cream every night. what can i do about it?? should i see a beautician, if so what treatments should i be asking for?
>>
Bump
>>
>>18115879
>wait am i retarded for blasting retinaldehyde (retinal) at 20 years old?
No, that's pretty much an ideal time to start
>>
>>18116461
i wish!!! bumping
>>
>>18116565
> i wipe my face clean
Those little wet face wipes are garbage, get a bottle of facial cleanser and wash your face at night.
E45 cream is better as an extra layer over a facial moisturizer at night then something to use on it's own. Just buy a bottle of cerave daily moisturizing lotion and use that after you wash your face or some other drugstore facial moisturizer type lotion.
Consider wearing sunscreen during the day.
Just actually washing your face might be enough to deal with the dry skin, it may just need some light exfoliation.
For light wrinkles using a peptide serum might help, plumps the skin and improves bounce.
https://www.boots.com/the-ordinary-multi-peptide-ha-serum-30ml-10320154
You could also look into getting a tretinoin script from an online pharmacy or starting to use an over the counter retinol. But that can increase skin dryness so try to get that under control first.
AM
Wash face with plain water
Peptide serum
Very thin layer of moisturizer
Sunscreen (laroche-possay Anthelios)
PM
Wash face with facial cleansing soap
Moisturizer
Maybe some e45 on top
>>
>>18116461
>>18116680
I never particularly had bad blackheads on my nose but i had some. Sice starting tretinoin i haven't had any. Pores are still lightly visible but no gunk in them.
>>
>>18116690
thanks! ive recently started using it so i guess its just a matter of patience then?
>>
File: 1715624857522.jpg (53 KB, 930x930)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>18116685
>laroche-possay Anthelios
Specifically pic related
>>
I got ice-pick scars from acne, I used to get a ton of boils

What treatment should I go to the CO2 laser or micro needling , I only know those two
>>
>>18116832
>What treatment should I go to the CO2 laser or micro needling , I only know those two
Either one, just find whatever place has the best reputation near you and go with their recommendation
>>
Is Beauty of Joseon a good Korean brand to try? It's easily available to me so that was an immediate big plus.
>>
File: 123456.jpg (696 KB, 2112x1488)
696 KB
696 KB JPG
Bought the big fat bitch from Cetaphil for 24$
Didn't even know they make them that big
It is a moisturizing lotion and some samples
have I done good
>>
>>18117466
I use that, but when I put it on my face/head, my process is to pump a tiny drop onto slightly wet hands, then rub them together, then rub that into my face. Any more than that and I feel too greasy.
>>
>>18117469
I recently discovered that putting moisturizer on actually wet skin or mixing a little water with it makes it feel much better (especially on hands) after it dries out
>>
>>18117466
>>18117469
cerave is better
>>
File: 800px-Tiziano,_i_bravi.jpg (105 KB, 800x930)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
Is zinc sunscreen still the meta, which are the good ones? i want to be ready for these warm periods
>>
>>18117522
how so
>>
Are you supposed to put moisturiser on after sunscreen? I thought it was the other way...
>>
>>18117672
Pretty much everybody (including tons of derms I've read/heard) recommends sunscreen last. Either that poster is misremembering what the derm said or the derm probably has some offbeat ideas about humectants being able to pull in environmental moisture more easily on top of sunscreen or some such.
It's strange because some people will put actives like azelaic acid or retinoids over moisturizer (most people put them under) to help reduce irritation, so one would think that putting sunscreen on last is a good idea not only because it blocks the UV right at the edge (UV can degrade some products) but also because the actives in chemical sunscreens irritate some people.
>>
>>18117495
>I recently discovered that putting moisturizer on actually wet skin or mixing a little water with it makes it feel much better (especially on hands) after it dries out
Yeah, if I use HA moisturizers on non-damp skin, they dry out my skin. Lots of people report having to dampen their skin to "lock in" the moisture. I don't know why it is, though. Moisturizers are mostly water anyway (listed first as aqua/eau).
>>
>>18117759
Is it ok to put on moisturiser, then sunscreen, and then during the day more moisturiser over the top?
>>
>>18117786
Yes. Usually people will use some kind of mist moisturizer for that. Or if their sunscreen has moisturizing ingredients, they'll just reapply the sunscreen.
>>
Anyone heard anything about some kind of "skin as one organ" principle where, say, shit happening on your feet can affect shit happening on your scalp?
I had some scalp dermatitis and elbow plaque psoriasis that persisted for almost two years despite my efforts, both of which went away within days of finally resolving the mild tinea on my feet. Could be a coincidence, but got me wondering...
>>
File: 1687891524605741.png (111 KB, 254x522)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
using this sunscreen (picrel) on my face is making me super sleepy, makes my eyes tired, gives me brain fog.
what gives?
>>
Is there a good product for keeping my neck beard properly short without having to shave completely everyday? I am looking for something that will keep it short enough throughout the week. Shaving when it’s not long enough kinda irritates my skin, so if there was an electric razor type thing, that would be cool.
>>
>>18117646
bump
>>
my skin can handle retinol just fine but bitches out over a basic fucking moisturizing cream with 6 ingredients
faggot skin
>>
>>18106606
try dumping 20+% urea cream on it
>>
File: 1710717308781479.png (349 KB, 691x429)
349 KB
349 KB PNG
How important is toner in my routine?

PM
Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
Crave PM moisturizer

AM
Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
Cerave AM moisturizer
>>
>>18117816
Stuff happening on your skin can affect any part of your body desu. I got MRSA from an infected pimple and had a shit ton of issues like reactive arthritis and vomiting. Went on for almost a year. Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition so maybe it has to do something with your immune system function.
>>
File: 1703350656236859.jpg (12 KB, 300x246)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>18119201
Pimples can be serious WTF!!!!
>>
>>18119161
if your cleanser and moisturizer are good enough then toner is negligible and can range from scam to "why bother?"
>>
>>18119234
Any area of infection can be serious anon.
>>
>>18106499
switched to castille soap and it works just as good as all the cleansers I've used before
>>
Does anyone else constantly cancel plans because they have a pimple or blemish? I had a dinner with friends tomorrow and have been looking forward to it for two weeks. Of course... I get a fucking big blemish right on my lip line last night. Looks terrible.

I'm so sad because I really was looking forward to this, but want to cancel and say I'm sick or something because it's so embarrassing. I canceled once before though and don't want them to think I'm a flake
>>
>>18119371
Nobody will care you retard.
>>
>>18119387
Yeah... Logically that's the answer. I don't think I will cancel. It just sucks that it always affects my self conscious so much. The psychological affects of acne are real
>>
>>18119393
Yes. It's unreal. Acne was/is the single most psychologically damaging thing to my self-image. It's a disease and isn't given the attention it deserves. Especially adult male acne. Derms literally don't know how to treat it or care to investigate what is causing it. Plus it always gets brushed off as "Oh you're a guy no one cares if you have acne" ... Like what!?! This is 2024 the age of social media and sky-high beauty standards for both genders.

NGL I have sunk into some DEEP bouts of depression over my acne before.
>>
>>18119387
This
>>18119371
As a man I can guarantee you that no one gives a shit, at all
>>
>>18119371
>>18119407
nobody cares but if it makes you feel this bad, why havent you considered covering it with some basic makeup?
>>
>>18119438
>with some basic makeup
this
literally just spread a single drop of concealer on your skin and it looks 10 times better
>>
>>18119630
I gotta try this! I've never even thought of doing it since I'm a guy
>>
>>18119777
i've been doing this for years, just gotta pick a right color for your skin tone. get some make-up remover too, if it's waterproof only it's a pain in the ass to wash with water.
if women are allowed to basically change their whole faces then i can spend 3min putting on a concealer on my pimple
>>
File: 1706070514837832.png (15 KB, 499x499)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
>>18119238
Well, define good enough because I'm not sure. I think it has been 2 months on this journey with the current routine and still getting acne around the chin area. Is this good enough reason to start adding 1 or 2 more products to my routine, such as Retinol Serum or Toner?
>>
File: IMG_5106.jpg (564 KB, 1538x2046)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
>>18106499
Is this just PIE? Used a 0.5% salisylic on vacation (random oilier stuff on my nose/cheeks since they get dry), gonna need different brands etc. now at least, anything to add/change?
>>
>>18118385
>using this sunscreen (picrel) on my face is making me super sleepy, makes my eyes tired, gives me brain fog.
>what gives?
Schizophrenia
>>
>>18118768
Foil shaver, Philips one blade
>>
>>18119161
>>18120176
>Still getting acne in the chin area
Get a 2% salicylic acid toner, start using it a few times a week and increase in frequency if it doesn't cause to much irritation. Use it once a day after cleansing and before moisturizer, avoid toners with alcohol or other astringent ingredients. Avoid toners that also contain aha unless you are willing to wear sunscreen daily. Just search 2% bha toner on Amazon and pick one based on the criteria i listed. Stick with that for a few months and see if it clears up any remaining acne. If it doesn't then its time to consider retinol or azelaic acid cream
>Retinol
Good stuff but requires using sunscreen every single day you go outside, skipping is not an option.
>>
Has anyone here ever gotten obsessed with getting a perfectly smooth shave to the point where you're damaging your face, but you can't stop?
Lately, this has happened to me... I'm spending like an hour shaving every day, lathering, shaving, and rinsing five or six times, adding more and more pressure each time to get closer. Then throughout the day I'll rub my face trying to feel for stubble, and go back and shave again every time I find any (sometimes multiple times a day). The stubble isn't even visible, I can only feel it if I really rub at it. Of course, now my skin is fucking ruined, it's always red and razor burned, and there's marks/scars all over from cuts. I know I should stop, but I can't and it's making me very angry that I can't get a close shave without so much effort. I've tried multiple razors and blades (5 blade, 3 blade, safety razors) and creams and gels, but nothing seems to work.
>inb4 grow a beard
I can't. My facial hair is really patchy and looks bad if it's not shaved. I can't even grow a full mustache.
>>
>>18120598
Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder or something else on the same spectrum
Go see a therapist that specializes in cognitive behavioral therapy
I mean you are doing something that you know is irrational that is causing problems for you but cant stop, pretty classic symptoms.
It's normal for every guy that shaves to still be able to feel stubble if they really look for it and have noticable regrowth by the end of the day.
>>
>>18120598
Just shave two passes with the grain and call it a day. faggot
>>
>>18115665
follow >>18115679 or do sandwich method which is moisturizer -> tret -> moisturizer again
>>18115974
i have same thing but they appear on both sides of my nose
maybe you could try azelaic acid or tea tree oil
post routine and products
>>18115991
id go for it i think
>>18116066
if you mean pores then check links under >>18111950
>>18116461
try epiduo or stronger retinoid, double cleansing, salicylic acid
>>18116692
give it 6 months
>>18117355
yes
>>18117646
the meta at the moment is wearing korean sunscreen
>>18117672
sunscreen last, but there is exception to every rule, havent heard any in this specific case
>>18118385
maybe you use it after breakfast which boosts your sugar and you get hyperglycemia, falsely blaming a skincare product
>>18118803
check if it has niacinamide. if yes, try a moisturizer without it
>>18119161
its not, unless your skin needs salicylic acid or more moisturizing factors
>>18119371
>Does anyone else constantly cancel plans because they have a pimple or blemish?
nope
>dinner with friends
if they are judgmental based on a pimple then just get new friends desu
>>18119407
true and real
>>18120176
>good skincare
its the one that fits your skin needs. cerave/cetaphil line is good quality standard
>getting acne around the chin area
review your lifestyle and habits like stop using hot water/showers, wash your face after workout, stop eating slop. give it 2 weeks and report back
>>18120438
post routine and products
is it on other parts of your body?
>>18120598
>obsessed
purely psychological which means fixable. its like going against wind. let it go
>>
>>18120605
>Sounds like obsessive compulsive disorder
Thanks, yeah, that's crossed my mind. I can't really do any kind of therapy right now (currently unemployed) so I'll have to deal with it myself. This has happened twice before in my life. In my early 20s, I got so frustrated shaving that one weekend I plucked all the hair off my face with tweezers. And then briefly it bothered me about a couple years ago. Unfortunately, I don't really remember what I did to get over it those times. It's been several months this time.
>>18120662
Part of the problem is shaving with-the-grain doesn't do anything for me. Unless there's several days of growth, it's not even a noticeable difference either visually or by feel. Maybe it's a skill issue, but it seems like my hairs lay very flat so I have to go against-the-grain to do anything at all. I've tried all kinds of products and techniques (with/without a brush, hot/cold water, before/after shower), but nothing has helped at all for with-the-grain shaves.
>>18120762
>purely psychological which means fixable. its like going against wind. let it go
Yeah, I don't know why I can't... Like, I'll say to myself:
>"Ok, just a quick shave, you aren't even leaving the house today, so don't worry about getting close..."
And then I'll get started shaving... and then a little later I'll check my phone and it turns out I just spent 40 minutes shaving the same spots over and over without even realizing it.
>>
Lotion for oily skin?
>>
>>18120762
>maybe you use it after breakfast
i dont eat in the morning. the phenomenon is really odd, im gonna try a different sunscreen
>>
>>18120598
literally me. i feel like one day im just gonna pay for a laser treatment or something
>>
Does the face wash with zinc help against problematic skin?
>>
hi! i have a few questions as a skincare noob. i would like to get a routine that is as minimal/basic as possible

1. i heard that some cleansers or moisturizers also act as a sunscreen. is this correct, and are there any downsides to that as opposed to having them as two separate products? moisturizers seem intended to be applied in the evening(?), so would it be a bad idea to use a 2-in-1 sunscreen+moisturizer in the morning?

2. can products in the Basic Routine™ also include retinol? again, i would like to get a routine that gets all the essential stuff done with as few products as possible

thanks
>>
>>18120762
>post routine and products
Only evening, with:
Some 2% salicylic foaming wash that I didn't get the name of, green squeeze bottle
+
Neutrogena Clear & Defend 0.5% Salicylic Acid Moisturiser

>is it on other parts of your body?
No
>>
File: 1705619743273363.png (156 KB, 657x527)
156 KB
156 KB PNG
>>18120477
>>18120762
Thanks for the advice, it seems the holy grail of Salicylic acid toner would be Paula 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant I will be ordering this and will start washing my face in water that isn't boiling.
>>
>>18119438
>>18119630
>>18119777
>>18119787
I got this about 6 months ago. It's not exactly makeup but it works extremely well. It doesn't break me out or make a blemish worse either. I highly recommend it. This makes my acne way less stressful now. Before, if I got a pimple or something before work, a party, event, etc. I would feel very self conscious and insecure. Now? Just dab some of this crap on and go about my day.

GET THIS SHIT GUYS. I paid like $10 and it's still no where near being used up since you only need a tiny dot.
>>
>>18121713
thanks, bookmarked
>>
File: 1707181438995980.png (193 KB, 787x987)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>18121713
Does it smell like anything?
>>
>>18121851
I haven't noticed any smell
>>
>>18121713
This one is pretty good, i’ve never bought concealer or other products, so I dont have anything to compare against, but it really helps with hiding red spots on my face. Maybe I’ll pick something up and try it out just for reference.

Its expensive but you only need a very small amount each application.
>>
Have you guys tried Brazil nuts? I’ve heard people who are acne prone tend to have a selenium deficiency and eating one Brazil but is said to give to enough selenium for the day
>>
File: 1708938976833024.png (104 KB, 396x385)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>18122234
>Brazil nutss
Anon are you sure they weren't talking about semen.
>>
do any of these dry your face out?
>vit c + hyaluronic acid serum
>BHA salicylic acid serum
>beauty of joseon retinal
>cerave foaming cleanser
>cerave PM moisturiser

My skin is getting increasingly dry and peely (especially around the nose) before I moisturise and I'm wondering if any of these products are drying me out or messing up my skin barrier. I've used all these for 6 months or longer, so it's not something recently introduced.

I noticed the dry skin around my ear piercing went after I changed it and I have a nose piercing that was done at the same place. I am going to change it, but could an irritating piercing through one nostril dry out skin on the whole nose and maybe even further out?
>>
>>18117466
>>18117469
>>18117522
I use Cerave cos that's the first "derm approved" (lol) brand I went with and just stuck with them, but it has sulphates in them. I hear some version of the cetaphil cream doesn't.
>>
>>18120762
>korean sunscreen
Why? I don't want to put bleaching agents into my skin. the idea of zinc sunc is to use less chemical sloppa
>>
File: 1625942365426.jpg (88 KB, 292x417)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>acquire retinol
>two weeks later
>acne is all gone
>fine lines on face gone
It's literally that simple
>>
If I use retinol only during night routine and use cerave AM SPF every day in the morning will that be enough to prevent any sun issues with the retinol?
>>
File: aggghhhh.jpg (188 KB, 1424x812)
188 KB
188 KB JPG
What can I do for my dry itchy eyelids? I think I might have slight eczema or something. I keep putting aquaphor and hydrocortisone cream on it but it's not really working. Colloidal oatmeal masks helped a bit. I had an allergic reaction to my new body wash a few days ago so I think my skin is really angry at me.
On a somewhat related note I ordered Isntree's aloe soothing toner the other day so I'll try applying that on my eyelids and see if that helps.
>>18119234
Yeah I had no clue that a pimple could fuck someone up to that degree until it happened to me. Within hours it turned into a massive lump and I had trouble talking. Had to get a CT scan and IV antibiotics at the ER. The doc was really informative and told me that MRSA in otherwise young/healthy people is usually caused by stress. At the time I was busting my ass at college which took a serious toll on me. Ended up dropping out and going to a software bootcamp instead. Wasn't exactly what I planned but it was a very good choice in terms of my health.
>>18119407
"Beauty standards" don't mean shit anon. The term beauty standard implies that the general populace is expected to keep up with a certain look. They aren't doing that. People are uglier and fatter than ever. The fact that you're making an effort to take care of yourself in this day and age will make you stand out from the crowd.
>>18121217
Niacinamide serums are often mixed with zinc which can help. I've never heard of a cleanser acting as sunscreen, but I used a combo moisturizer/SPF awhile back (Supergoop Superscreen) and it made me break out a bunch. Ymmv. Moisturizer should be applied twice a day.
>>18122896
Vitamin C, BHA, foaming cleansers, and retinol can definitely dry out your skin. Aquaphor should help out with the peelies. Some forms of Vitamin C (like ascorbic acid) are harsher than others. Personally my skin cannot handle any form of Vitamin C.
>>
>>18123394
>Aquaphor should help out with the peelies
Okay, so I guess I should definitely tone down with some of these products and maybe work on my diet/increase my water intake.

Why would I use aquaphor over vaseline? Online says its similar with just lanolin being the only difference.
>>
>>18123465
You can use vaseline if you want. I'm more of an aquaphor person because I like that it has lanolin and panthenol (the latter of which helps with hydration and skin healing). Swapping out products temporarily can help you figure out which ones you don't tolerate.
>>
>>18123533
Thanks dude
>>
>>18123611
No problem. Colloidal oatmeal masks can really help with irritation and peeling as well. I buy the Aveeno bath packets and mix them into a sludge. It's the most affordable of colloidal oatmeal that I've found so far. I used some earlier today for the irritation on my skin and it really helped. Also make sure to use SPF. Retinol and Vitamin C sensitize your skin to the sun.
>>
>>18120935
idk maybe try setting up 30 min alarm once you start shaving and then 25 minutes the next time and then less and less
maybe during the process looking at pic of yourself with full on facial hair could help to see the actual difference?
not sure how is it called exactly nor im qualified to diagnose it but maybe have a look at obsessive compulsive disorder to see if it helps
>>18121080
anything lightweight and oil free that contains niacinamide
>>18121213
cool, interesting phenomenon. keep us posted
>>18121217
lrp effaclar cleanser helped me a little back in the day, yes
>>18121341
>i heard that some cleansers or moisturizers also act as a sunscreen
that would be moisturizers
>is this correct
yes
>are there any downsides to that as opposed to having them as two separate products?
yes, you have no moisturizer to apply in pm in this case
>moisturizers seem intended to be applied in the evening
wrong
>so would it be a bad idea to use a 2-in-1 sunscreen+moisturizer in the morning?
not at all
>can products in the Basic Routine™ also include retinol?
yes
if i were you, i would get moisturizer+spf and retinol and in case of persisting dryness over the next 2 weeks, i would get heavier moisturizer for pm routine after retinol
>>18121374
at first it looks like allergic reaction but if its only on face, maybe its some of the products. take a break for a week and if it wont help, go to derm
>>18121479
i think cosrx is cheaper but yeah you will be good
>>18122234
pretty sure selenium is in other things too
>>18122896
i can only add to what this anon said >>18123394 that hyaluronic acid can be drying too
>could an irritating piercing through one nostril dry out skin on the whole nose and maybe even further out?
no idea, moisturize more, use a heavier moisturizer or maybe slug your nose with vaseline
>>18123215
you asked for meta, korean sunscreen is the meta. the world moves on, just as spfs do
>>18123311
very nice
>>18123364
depends on the issues
>>
File: 1705474929896104.png (832 KB, 1500x1500)
832 KB
832 KB PNG
>>18118385
>>18121213
>>18123638
i ordered Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum SPF50+ PA++++, the ingredients seem to differ quite a bit, lets see if it fixes my problem
>>
File: cosrx invisible.jpg (86 KB, 1491x1491)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
anyone tried this yet?
>>
>>18119161
>How important is toner in my routine?
Of all the reasons given for toners, only two have ever made sense:

1. astringent toners (alcohol) may help those with oily/acne-prone skin -- but are too harsh for anyone else.
2. toners in general may rebalance pH -- but this should no longer be necessary with modern cleansers, which are already pH-balanced, so now some people trot out some spiel about the water used to wash off the cleanser (hard water, etc.), but meh.

Except for case 1, derms who still recommend toners are in a very tiny minority.
>>
File: j7doIzN.jpg (132 KB, 503x709)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>18124925
So stick with a decent mainstream Cleanser (Cerave, Cetaphil, La Roche-Pussy) and toner becomes obsolete except for special cases?
>>
>>18124925
Not arguing against your points, but I want to add that I use a toner when I'm in need of some extra hydration throughout the day, as I have pretty dry skin. It typically goes well over makeup too as a little dab here and there. I may be in the minority though. I use Dear Klairs Supple Preparation toner, recommended here years and years ago, and I haven't been without it since.
>>
>>18106752
You have a specific product?
>>
>>18124925
Eh? Is toner recommended if I have hard water?
>>
What's the quickest way to get rid of scars or discoloration left over from acne and other skin damage? I already use the CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser each night, but it doesn't seem to be doing much.
>>
File: lizard.jpg (59 KB, 567x560)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>18124925
Your skin adjusts back to its normal pH fairly quickly tans toner. So there's not much of a point to using a toner for pH balance.
>https://theacidqueenblog.com/2015/12/04/skin-ph-and-urban-legends-an-argument-against-wait-times-and-ph-adjusting-toners/
Like >>18125185 I've used toners and Japanese "lotions" for their hydrating properties as well. I used Hada Labo's Gokujyun Lotion before it was reformulated for this reason. Toners are less tacky than serums so it's easier to layer them.
I'm using Isntree's Aloe Soothing Toner now to add some extra hydration but I might try out April Skin's Artemisia Rice Essence when I run out. I want to try out ferments in my routine and artemisia/mugwort type essences are the only ones that I've found without stuff that I'm allergic to.
>>18125315
Azelaic acid, niacinamide, vitamin c (particularly if it's dark discoloration and not the pink kind), and/or a retinoid can help. I've heard of licorice root and tranexamic acid being used for it as well. Alpha arbutin can help if you have dark type discoloration.
Don't expect it to heal quickly though. The ingredients that I mentioned can be hit or miss so it might take some time for you to find what works.
>>
>>18125338
>Azelaic acid, niacinamide, vitamin c
Thanks, and do you mean a supplement pill for the Vitamin C? I honestly probably don't get enough of it in my diet
>>
On a related note the Isntree toner that I've been using is making me into a red streaky mess. I think I'll quit using it and return it for the April Skin essence or try out I'm From's mugwort essence for extra hydration/soothing. The April Skin one has pentylene glycol and 1,2-Hexanediol and I'm trying to figure out if that's an issue with my skin. Apparently methylpropanediol is an isomer of BG which my skin hates. Having allergies is hard. fml. Colloidal oatmeal masks are my bestie when it comes to treating rashes and redness.
Also if anyone here has allergies something to keep in mind about Korean skincare is that labeling laws in Korea permit manufacturers to exclude certain ingredients (eg preservatives) if the concentration is low enough.
>>18125340
Meant to say Vitamin C in topical form. But it doesn't hurt to supplement extra Vitamin C. Ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, and sodium ascorbyl phosphate are the most popular forms found in topical serums. Ascorbic acid is considered the strongest, but it can be a bit drying.
>>
>>18106499
I'm getting on accutane in a few weeks, and was told that I should avoid the sun/wear sun protection.
Any sunscreen recommendations? Especially ones that can (somewhat) withstand sweat, since my job this summer requires me to be outside and moving.

I've heard that accutane can dry your skin out, so it might be wise of me to invest in a moisturizer. What should my routine be like? Sunscreen in the morning/afternoon, shower in the evening, moisturizer before I go to bed?
>>
>>18125559
Rhoto Skin Aqua UV is good, Biore UV Aqua rich is great too. Cheap and amazing protection, no white cast, absorbs easy etc. With Biore make sure you're getting the Japanese version, not American. A Korean sunstick from any brand will also be helpful, sunsticks aren't good as a main form of SPF but they're very handy for reapplying during the day when needed. If you're constantly outside every 3 hours is fine enough. Good thing about Japanese / Korean skincare is that it's very affordable.
Amazon should have most of these items or just use any azn skincare site like stylevana. Can also get a moisturizer from there, just look at top sellers on those skincare websites. Get a gel one if you have oily skin
Also hat and sunglasses while working of course.
>>
>>18125568
oop *reapplying spf every 3 hours
>>
>>18125568
>>18125570
Thanks!
>>
>>18125568
Japanese sunscreen is where it's at. More reliable than Korean brands (referring to the Korean sunscreen scandal). I use Nivea UV water gel (mentioned by >>18107973) and it's amazing. Be wary of counterfeit items on Amazon though. The Japanese Biore sunscreen is often counterfeited. Yesstyle is a safe bet plus they have reliable ingredient lists.
>>
I got CO2 laser treatment for rhinophyma today :S
>>
File: www.png (139 KB, 176x583)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
Is this product an acceptable form of retinol?
>>
File: 1703283193807930.jpg (37 KB, 512x512)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
I'm green colorblind and I bought Cerve cleanser for dry skin and not the oily skin cleanser, does the shit really matter? I tried it, my skin actually feels pretty nice compared to when just the oily skin one.
>>
i hate wearing sunscreen because i hate having to take it off at the end of the day.
i don't know what the solution is to this. how do women do it with makeup? i think it's so fucking gross to lie down in my bed and leave disgusting sunscreen residue on my pillow.
or, going to the gym and sweating in sunscreen.
i used to wear sunscreen religiously and i'd just shower twice a day, but i got tired of that so now i only do it maybe one day a week. i've noticed freckles/dark spots appearing that i didn't use to have, and i want to stop it.
>>
File: 1705941765683474.gif (2.97 MB, 640x506)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB GIF
>>18126055
Wear your sunscreen anon unless you want to look like Margret Thatcher when you're older.
>>
>>18125069
nta but basically yes
if you are already using moisturizer, a serum etc and want to introduce yet another active ingredient, you will probably look into toners at that point
though for some its obvious choice when they want an exfoliant or more moisturizing factors
>>18125265
nope, it has nothing to do with that
>>18125315
sunscreen, retinoids and FADED cream
>>18125518
>something to keep in mind about Korean skincare is that labeling laws in Korea permit manufacturers to exclude certain ingredients (eg preservatives) if the concentration is low enough.
hmm
>>18125979
didnt see this particular one recommended anywhere but looks like a good powerhouse with many ingredients packed
>>18126052
many people cant get adjusted to the gentle cleansers as its not making them squeaky clean. if it works for you, thats great. people with oily skin often use products that are harsh and often times gentle cleanser is recommended in that case too
>>18126055
checked
so you dont want to wash your face in pm routine? or is it your whole body?
>>
File: skin.jpg (799 KB, 1170x1143)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
On a random note I figured I should post a pic of what my skin looks with and without the Isntree Aloe Toner. Left pic is with the toner on. Right is after I washed it off, applied Aquaphor's anti itch ointment, and waited a few hours. I don't know if I'm sensitive to the ingredients or what, but I hope this picture shows how one product can singlehandedly screw up an entire routine. This is also a PSA to take it slow and don't introduce too many products at one time because you'll never know what your skin doesn't like.
Also the Aquaphor anti itch ointment is a million times better than other brands like cortizone and cortaid. It has a petroleum jelly texture as opposed to creams so it forms a nice barrier too. Highly recommend to those with allergies and/or eczema.
>>18125979
Bakuchiol from my understanding technically isn't retinol. Its effectiveness has also been heavily disputed. I think it's one of those bougie products that aging women buy to try to look younger but it doesn't actually work.
Likewise, retinol serums (ie retinol and retinaldehyde) are not known for being particularly effective when compared to pharma forms like Differin and Tretinoin. The latter two are a good choice for both acne and anti aging. Personally, I am using Differin and slowly introducing Tretinoin into my routine. I've had great results acne wise with Differin but I'm switching to Tretinoin because I want to get rid of my pink marks. If you don't have a derm, you can buy tret from India.
>>18126055
Are you using chemical or zinc/titanium sunscreen anon? Zinc/titanium feels really icky on my skin.
>>
File: biore uv aqua amazon.png (490 KB, 1501x810)
490 KB
490 KB PNG
>>18125568
>>18125718
>Biore UV Aqua rich
Is pic related what you're talking about?
It's sold by the Biore store itself on Amazon, so it should be legit. The package and instructions are in Japanese, so I'm guessing this is the Japanese version.
>>
>>18126308
>>18126317
thanks for the opinions
>>
>>18106499
Got a new skincare routine
>Soap and water on face before salicylic acid wash morning and night
>ice water for face befor salicylic acid in the morning
>retin-A cream after morning SA wash
>apple cider vinegar solution at night before bed
This good? I was thinkinf of adding dermarolling and face masks to the routine, too
>>
>>18126317
can i see your feet? to recommend a moisturizer?
>>
File: IMG_0537.jpg (54 KB, 899x1000)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>18106499
good sunscreen??
>>
Is this a good routine?

>hydroboost gel cleanser

>hydroboost extra dry cel cream

>neutrogena sunscreen?

not a lot of brands where i live and also im poor and i try to keep it simple
>>
Is microneedling/derma rolling worth it or is it a meme?
>t.26 with no skin issues and a basic routine, just want to look young forever
>>
File: 1706378731003600.gif (3.25 MB, 720x406)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB GIF
>>18126874
>>
>>18126877
I'm a poor Australian, and I usually buy 1-1.25L value bottles of Cetaphil, CeraVe, or QV products. It's weird to me that so many people online seem to accept the tiny little tubs that Neutrogena uses for its Hydro Boost line without complaint. I didn't notice anything special vs. the poorfag products.
>>
>>18126412
Yeah. The Biore UV Aqua Rich is the most popular one offered by Biore (as well as the most counterfeited). Given that it's sold directly from the Biore store, I think it's a safe buy. I've heard of counterfeiters buying legit products and shipping them back, but not with Japanese sunscreen. Probably too much effort. I had that happen when I tried ordering Keratase hair products through Sephora's website though.
>>18126855
It's generally not advised to use soap or ACV on your face because it can strip your skin quite a bit. The SA wash should be good enough. However, if your skin gets irritated from using tret/retin-a, it might be a good idea to swap out the SA wash for something gentler. Icing can help with inflammation to some extent, but ice should never be in direct contact with your skin as it can cause burns.
Face masks can be hit or miss. Some people like sheet masks because they're hydrating. It's just a bunch of serum/essence soaked in a cotton sheet. They're also considered unhygenic because they're one of the few skincare products that are still made by hand. Clay and charcoal masks are really drying. I like to use colloidal oatmeal masks whenever I have rashes/dryness or irritation from retinoids, but that's it.
Please use sunscreen and moisturizer if you aren't already. Retinoids sensitize your skin to the sun and can dry out your skin quite a bit (especially while your skin is still adjusting to them). All the best.
>>18126874
I love girls' feet too, but I'd need a pedicure and a glycolic acid peel before I would even consider showing them off.
>>18126966
Microneedling works, but it's a terrible idea to do it at home. Dermarollers put you at risk of infection and does not puncture your skin properly, whereas derm offices use pen-like devices. I recommend reading this article.
>https://jupiterderm.com/the-dangers-of-microneedling-at-home/
>>
>>18127011
what’s wrong
>>
>>18127140
what about in socks?
>>
>>18126317
i get similar redness from snail mucin desu. goes away after a few hours on its own fortunately
>>18126855
checked, but am i getting this right?
AM:
cleanse with soap
cleanse with salicylic acid cleanser
ice water
some salicylic acid product
retin-a
PM:
cleanse with soap
cleanse with salicylic acid cleanser
apple cider vinegar solution

if thats what you meant, this is no good. retinoids go in pm only. also you are overcleansing af
>>18126876
it shows up every now and then so i think people use it. seen it recommended by a few yt derms too
>>18126877
checked
pretty basic but yes, you are good
>>18126966
checked
it works, derms do it too. its best against atrophic acne scars i think
>t.26 with no skin issues and a basic routine, just want to look young forever
make sure you have full on anti-age-maxxing routine too
>>18127135
>I usually buy 1-1.25L value bottles
its the way
>>
>>18126876
It's my purse sunscreen. It's great but buy the newer one with the advanced UVA filter.
>>
File: 1706420044202273.png (364 KB, 719x723)
364 KB
364 KB PNG
>>18127303
What YouTube channels about skincare you like watching?
>>
>>18127552
which one?
>>
File: 1706758569458866.png (118 KB, 403x566)
118 KB
118 KB PNG
>>18127779
This is the one I have: La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVMune 400 Invisible Fluid SPF50+

It's not the most elegant formula I've ever tried, and it's on the oilier side for a sunscreen. It's great for its price and I trust it a lot.
>>
File: feet.jpg (1.46 MB, 3622x2069)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>18127275
Delivered
>>18127303
If you don't mind me asking, does your snail mucin contain glycols or phenoxyethanol? It's pretty common for people to have sensitivities to those ingredients. Personally I get outright allergic reaction with hives when in contact with BG but for others it's typically redness. Korean brands use glycols (particularly BG) quite a bit as a hydrator and phenoxyethanol is the go-to preservative used in place of parabens or sodium benzoate.
If you notice the same reaction to products with similar ingredients, I'd recommend giving Cos De Baha's snail mucin serum a shot. It contains 1,2-Hexanediol and I'm pretty sure it was a problem for my skin, but the way that people react to different glycols can vary. There's no phenoxyethanol in it either.
>>18127917
My dad uses that one and he likes it too.
>>
does anyone have treatment recommendations for hyperpigmentation (dark spots) from acne? :(
>>
>>18128119
Niacinamide, azelaic acid, vitamin c, and alpha arbutin are popular options. Reinoids also help with speeding up healing.
>>
Can some recommend a good haircare routine!
>>
Just wasted like 2 hours shaving again...
>shaved
>showered
>shaved again
>got dressed
>shaved again
>sat at desk for 10 minutes
>shaved again
I don't fucking understand how I can shave, rinse, towel off, and it feels smooth... but then wait 10 minutes and suddenly there's so much stubble it feels like I didn't shave at all. And it's not like every time I shave it's not doing anything, I can see bits of hair when I rinse off the razor. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing wrong, but it's driving me insane and ruining my life.
>>
>>18106889
It's probably just facial fat and/or a bit of sagging from previous weight loss. But it could be hormonal. I have low thyroid and my face puffs up when my dosage isn't optimal. I'm on generic levo right now which is a pile of hot garbage. I know for a fact that my skin will look a million times better and more moisturized when I switch back to desiccated thyroid.
>>
File: 1716673906948.jpg (20 KB, 500x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
im a few months in to using tret, switching from .025 to .5 as i use up my first tube.
Skin looks amazing.
Having to wear sunscreen even if i go outside for five minutes sucks.
I feel like every single Japanese sunscreen has a semi gloss finish.
Please i need a jap or korean sunscreen that is actually matte. It doesn't need to be for oily skin just not shiny.
My face isn't particularly shiny on its own but after i put on sunscreen its shiny as fuck.
Currently using pic related, it didn't really make my skin shiny before i started tret except for the day after i did an AHA peel or something like that.
Otherwise tret fucking rules, holy shit this stuff works.
>>
>>18125518
>Colloidal oatmeal masks are my bestie when it comes to treating rashes and redness.
Try PURITO Oat-in Silky Toner
>>
>>18126876
>good sunscreen??
The European version is good, the usa version is the same as every other usa sunscreen. Not sure if the Canadian version has the better uv blockers that the European version uses.
>>
>>18128370
You sure you're not mistaking your hair for your skin.
>>
File: 1688086621641908.png (143 KB, 620x609)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>eye bags
Is it over?
>>
>>18128560
Definitely hair. I have very dark hair so it's obvious.
>>
File: 20240526_181350.jpg (3.57 MB, 4032x3024)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
Which one to get anons?
I need something that can deal with the harsh sun in the Philippines on a daily basis.
>>
File: 1706819590181122.png (124 KB, 491x506)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>18128970
They all say 50 SPF, from my calculations I can safely assume they are all the same chink shit. Just pick the one that looks the coolest.
>>
What is this?
I'm 23 years old and my skin never used to look this bad, I can't even compare it with anything or figure out what it is. Doesn't quite look like enlarged pores, it's definitely not acne, it's not dermatitis or eczema cause it's too widespread and even, if anything it looks like sun damage but it's hard to believe cause I'm not a minute longer in the sun than anyone else and it wouldve had to deterioriate to this point in about a year or so. I don't really care as long as it's fixable
I've got an appointment with my GP to get referred to a dermatologist and Im not sure what I should tell them or ask for
Unedited btw camera does not exactly pick it up because it has a smoothing filter always on or something
And before I get roasted I already don't go outside. I hope to one day be able to remedy this
>>
File: 20240526_085417.jpg (269 KB, 1274x806)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
This blemish appeared Thursday night. It's now Sunday morning, it's red AF and raised. Looks 10x worse in person. How can I speed up the process? It hurts. I want it to get to the whitehead stage so I can pop it. Thankfully I don't have to go into the office this week :)
>>
>>18128469
>PURITO Oat-in Silky Toner
Looks like an awesome formula but unfortunately it contains BG which I'm allergic to. Oh well! Glad to see that a Korean brand like Purito is adding colloidal oatmeal to their formulas. Seems like it's mostly a western ingredient for some reason.
>>18129074
I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe a bit dry but nothing much beyond that. Are you talking about the slightly discolored patch? Is it itchy? I have some discoid eczema patches on my arm that are slightly discolored.
>>18129077
Put a pimple patch on it and benzoyl peroxide. As an FYI some people are sensitive to BP so patch test firt. Mighty Patch brand patches are the best, but you can buy Nexcare patches at the drug store if you're in a pinch. Don't pop it. It can get infected and/or cause scarring.
>>
what do yall use for body wash/shampoo?
looking for something not bottom of the barrel anymore
>>
File: 1716781150642.jpg (256 KB, 1024x768)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
I have skin discoloration that it almost looks like dirt patch. What do you guys recommend to make it go away or fix it?
It's on my face but looks like this.
>>
Recommend a vitamin C serum that isn't from the ordinary (cheaper if possible)
>>
>>18127733
checked
doctorly and dr dray, but i branch out into unknown when doing research
>>18128043
no idea what ingredients were there, sorry. it was quite some time ago. i remember it was eye cream. havent gave it a try on other parts of the body back then. i also think it developed over time which was even more weird. i was fine first few uses.
>>18128140
i saw r/curlyhair recommended (even if you dont have curly hair)
>>18128370
the more often you shave, the faster the hair grows. i think this also applies in a sense to plants where you cut their top parts in order to speed up growth i think.
if you think this is something long term you may want to consider other means like laser hair removal etc
>>18128465
have you tried checking out kbeauty sunscreen reviews on youtube? they often apply it in the video and show what it looks like after it soaks in
>>18128691
they are fixed through procedures mostly
>>18128970
check out the tester. the more watery it is the better i think
>>18129074
not much going on here. if you are worried about the texture then i wouldnt. truly amazing how simple lighting angle can make a person really doubtful about their skin
>>18129077
checked
LRP effaclar duo+ worked great for me. if you go to derm you might want to ask for mupirocin which is even better and can be applied over retinoids i think
>>18129854
baby wash. occasionally 2% salicylic acid hair shampoo (on body)
>>18129945
you may try alpha arbutin, tranexamic acid, vitamin c and retinoids to see if it helps. or go to derm to make sure its not something bad
>>18129999
checked
try geek & gorgeous, they have the og skinceuticals formula and my 2nd bottle is arriving tomorrow. timeless one looks cool too but more expensive i think
>>
>>18129854
>what do yall use for body wash/shampoo?
Body wash, unscented sensitive skin dove bars
Shampoo, vanicream/free and clear shampoo and conditioner
>>
>>18128043
:(
>>
God dammit I have a fucking Zoom job interview tomorrow and I just shaved my face raw again for the third day in a row. It's going to look like shit
Why the fuck am I such a self destructive loser, the hell is wrong with me
>>
Is it ok to cheap out on toner with one of the generic witch hazel concoctions or should it be dermatologist recommended Neutrogena Thayer's CeraVe?
>>
>>18130876
>shaved my face raw again for the third day in a row
>Why the fuck am I such a self destructive loser
you are fine. good luck on interview desu
>>18131311
checked
>Is it ok to cheap out on toner
yes absolutely, best way would be not getting one at all
>>
>>18129854
Philip Adam ACV (green/white container) and Nizoral for shampoo/conditioner and Aveeno Baby Cleansing Therapy body wash
>>18131311
Witch hazel dries out your skin. It's not necessary to use toner anyway.
>>
Is micellar water useful?
I have always seen it as something that is only for women who wear makeup, because they keep mentioning that it helps with that and I hardly see it mentioned here or that they mention other benefits.
>>
File: IMG_4425.jpg (299 KB, 916x1975)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Red light therapy mask came in today. I will post an update on my hyperpigmentation to see if it’s snake oil or not
Pic rel is the current situation
>>
How do I up my bathroom hygiene game? What products should I look into getting/trying as an adult man? Here is what I use currently:

>Soap
I switch between Dr squatch bar soap and Dr. bronners peppermint Castile soap. Depends on how I'm feeling.
>Shampoo
I am bald and do not use shampoo anymore
>Deodorant
Old Spice original
>Face wash
CeraVe
>>
>>18130389
Gyaru anon, when should I start using retinoids? Do you got any crazy esoteric basic skin tips?
>>
Does the temperature in your bedroom matter when sleeping? Does too cold or too warm of a room cause any issues to your face?
>>
File: 1593441984175.jpg (21 KB, 600x350)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
what are the best high-end lotions/skincare products for face and bodycare? And are professional treatments done by dermatologists worth the money or just a meme?

made some money by gambling with crypto and now I want to get my skin on the same level as the richfag students on my uni
>>
File: 1708199959817042.gif (2.49 MB, 368x348)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB GIF
>>18131874
Anon, you fell for the holy trinity. Hook, line, sinker.
>>
File: 1707223367180381.jpg (18 KB, 500x500)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>18130876
Anon, you sure you didn't shave right the third time? Pretty sure you can feel a slight stubble on your bottom right of your neck.
>>
>>18106499
The only hair and skin treatment you need. Everything else is for fags like the fag who wrote bateman
>>
File: IMG_3867.jpg (563 KB, 1576x2100)
563 KB
563 KB JPG
Got really bad scarring and marks,
I’m oily/dry skin in a humid tropical country.

Routine is
Morning:
Isntree Green Tea Cleanser
Cetaphil Moisturizer

Night:
Isntree Cleanser
Melano CC vitamin serum

I’ve just started the cleanser a few days ago since the old one wasn’t doing jack shit and made me breakout more, any tips on acquiring an adonis face?? My acne really fucks my confidence
>>
>>18106889
>nasolabial folds
I did a dental bonegraft thing because I had a stronger fold on the side of missing tooth and I read it could be caused by recessed bone.
Now question is if it's going to help.
>>
My derm gave me adapalene 0.1% and my skin has become pretty irritable, burns a bit when applying moisturizer and I'm noticing some white flakes close to my eyes/mouth whenever I wake up. It's been just a week since I started so I was wondering if it's my skin getting used to it or me using it too often (nightly) or using too much of it (basically everywhere on my face but I don't layer it too thick). I use it after moisturizing but I doubt it matters at all.

Slightly off topic I was also perscibed some ampules for my hair on top of my usual minox but ever since I started using them my hair feels like hay and It feels even more frail/thin than before. Does anyone have similar experience on the matter to tell whether this is also an adjustment thing or the product just isn't for me?
>>
>>18132598
Retinol. Also do you know what is the cause or causing your acne.
>>
>>18132613
It can be very drying for some people. Try reducing it to every other night and see if it improves. You should moisturizer post application not pre.
I believe min has a "shedding" phase but I could be wrong. I'm assuming the amps are topical min?
>>
>>18123311
Basic skincare products or did you get some concentrated stuff?
>>
>>18132553
Oh well, if it’s a scam and then I can help dissuade others from buying them from buying it
>>
>>18132557
Funny, but I ended up doing the same thing again. Spent at least 90 minutes shaving and have also been back to the bathroom 3 times to fix spots. Face is of course completely red and covered in razor burn marks. Of all the different ways I fucked up my life, I never expected shaving to be the thing that drives me to kms, but this might be it...
>>
>>18131794
see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp_i91SsAbU
>>18131874
good luck anon, report back
>>18132043
if you have no problems with these then not sure if improvement is needed
>>18132426
>when should I start using retinoids
if you have no skin problems, ~25yo. or 20yo if you are skinmaxxing
if you have skin problems, probably start right away but depends on problems
>basic skin tips
the single most important thing about skincare is to use products that your skin needs.
if you are starting, get moisturizer, sunscreen, retinol and cleanser. this is your baseline and anyone can benefit from it. for getting anything more than that you should have a reason (like specific skin issues)
>>18132437
i guess. if you have acne prone skin and you sweat during the night then you might get more pimples
>>18132467
>high-end lotions/skincare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA54nBadavY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2r9i5XpsMo
just keep in mind not to pay 200$ for moisturizer
>are professional treatments done by dermatologists worth the money or just a meme?
sure, but not all of them are worth it, skip botox for sure. but derma rolling or treatments are worth it most of the time
>I want to get my skin on the same level as the richfag students on my uni
start with retinoids, moisturizer and sunscreen. these dont have to be expensive at all.
also remember:
- pictures have filters on them
- other people can have better genes and there is nothing you can do about it
>>
>>18132650
Uh huh, why don't you go again anon surely this time it is different as the famous saying goes “90% of shaving addicts Quit Right Before They're About to Hit It Big. (get help anon this isn't healthy.
>>
File: 1707538307694025.jpg (98 KB, 611x1024)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>18132655
>if you have no skin problems, ~25yo
Any negatives to starting early or late?
>>
>>18132634
Noted on the application order and I hope spacing the application frequency out helps, thanks.
I've been on topical min for almost a year now but the ampules don't contain any. According to the box the active ingredients are:

Biotinoyl GHK
Diguanosine 4PO4
GFM Peptides
and plant extracts lmao

I'm not a biochemist but my understanding is that these are things that "maybe could" work if the stars align. Hair-loss meme shampoo tier basically. I hope it's just a phase and it will get better.
>>
>>18132713
Strange, hows min working out thinking of hoping on it as well soon?
>>
>>18107544
This biore sunscreen leaves a white cast.
>>
>>18132742
I switched to this now
https://www.stylevana.com/en_CA/goodal-heartleaf-calming-cooling-sun-stick-spf50-pa-19g.html
>>
Where do you buy tret? I used to use one of those online Indian pharma but they seem to only have 1% now.
>>
I’ve been having this weird issue where my skin is chronically ashy and doesn’t really produce sebum. Has anyone ever dealt with this? It came on suddenly pretty recently.
>>
>>18132706
This made me think, if I wanted to max out aging as quick as possible, what would be the best way?
What I can think of is
>smoking as many cigs a day as you can
>constantly drink
>get bare minimum of sleep
>eat shit loads of sugar
>do all kings of harmful drugs
>tan for several hours a day
>eat only heavily processed foods
>>
>>18132777
> Be dictator
> Be enemy of the west
> CIA
> Bad skin?
>>
>>18132689
The real problem is I need to stop rubbing my fucking face. If I could do that, then I wouldn't feel the stubble and wouldn't feel the need to shave it. I can't figure out how to stop though...
>>
>>18132582
>olive oil
>comedogenic
no thanks
>>18132598
review your lifestyle, stop eating slop, drink more water, dont use hot water, wash your face after gym etc
topically consider retinol and/or benzoyl peroxide/azelaic acid.
or just go to derm, you might get epiduo or tret prescription, he can also see if its hormonal etc.
you can also try stopping cleanser for the next 2 weeks and cleanse with water to see if there is any change
>>18132613
when starting retinoids for the first time, start slow and then work it up to daily. use every 3 days for the next 2 weeks and see how it goes.
>I use it after moisturizing but I doubt it matters at all.
my derm recommended me to use moisturizer -> epiduo -> moisturizer again in case i get irritation. the sandwich method is widely recommended
>>18132706
5 years time of retinoid usage is a noticable difference i think
>>18132760
was thinking about tret but got tazarotene instead which is otc in my region
>>18132763
anything changed in your life recently?
>>18132777
checked
you could also dry out your skin with something containing alcohol daily
as long as it is thought experiment its an okay list but these things will obviously cause other issues
>>18132969
there are literally videos about learning how to not touch your face desu
>>
>>18132737
Depends on the kind and the severity of the problem really. Min is the ol' reliable meaning it will almost always work but don't expect too much of it. I got a really shit hand with diffuse thinning so while things are kinda better with min all it takes is a strong wind/humidity/sweat/headwear to make you look like shit.
>>
I was using Cerave cleanser, la roche moisturizer, cerave retinoid, la roche sunscreen. 2 months ago i replaced it all with beef tallow and my skin has never looked better. it is all a jewish scam.
>>
having a skincare routine is a mental illness
>>
>try new cleanser
>it breaks me out
Such is life. Any thoughts on these particular cleansers?
>Avene Tolerance Extremely Gentle Cleanser
>make p:rem - Safe Me. Relief Moisture Cleansing Foam
>Heimish All Green Foam Cleanser
>>18132437
Sweating impacts my acne to some extent but I find that synthetic fabrics and certain laundry products play a much bigger factor. Linen sheets are where it's at. They're really good at wicking sweat.
>>18132760
Skinorac or AllDayChemist. I've also heard of a Ukranian instagram seller offering Altreno but it's about $40 and I dunno if their shipping is reliable.
>>
Is La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5+ good to use after applying Tret?
>>
>>18133297
the fuck do you mean
do you rub beef tallow on your face??
>>
File: sunscreen.png (137 KB, 527x1177)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
Has anyone tried cell fusion c before?
>>
Anybody here got a recommendation for a tanning lotion / spray? I've been considering using one because I tan very slowly and I don't want to expose myself to hours of sun just to not look like a ghost
>>
File: 1704756540595933.jpg (1.53 MB, 2468x1728)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
>>18133509
Linen sheets, you say, What about for pillow covers? Same? Also, do linen sheets do well in the cold?
>>
Well... just shaved a huge fucking gash into my head. Probably going to leave like a 2 inch permanent scar...
Idk wtf I'm doing anymore
>>
>>18133278
Thanks anon. I suppose different results for different people.
>>
Shot in the dark here, but has anyone dealt with this feeling of all-over slightly dry or ashy skin? It’s almost as if my body has stopped producing sebum. I have no idea what’s causing it or how to fix it but it’s so awful. I’ve seen a doctor but they see I’m hydrated and not cracked or bleeding and shrug their shoulders.
>>
>>18134163
I use linen for pillow covers as well. Some people prefer silk because it supposedly helps with hair frizziness but I used them in the past and I didn't get much out of it. Linen sheets are pretty versatile so they work when it's cold too. Without linen sheets I get hella back acne for some reason.
I recommend doubling up with a duvet if you get cold when you sleep. Using a top sheet with your duvet will help keep it clean longer. Comforters are hella mid. Quilts are better for sweaty people.
>>
>>18113988
That's the meme woman who was so morbidly obese she had a forehead gunt. It's stupid to use her as an example for anything.
>>
File: firefox_n7QAEjPTJS.png (84 KB, 227x425)
84 KB
84 KB PNG
>normal skin type
>aus
>even the cheapest sunscreen is solid for protection against the sun because of all the regulations we have
>only spend extra money on sunscreen for more comfort
with that out of the way, highly rate pic related, doesnt pill, feels solid on the skin. always stock up on multiple bottles when on sale.
>use the cheapest bulk sunscreen for use on rest of body like arms/legs
>>
If I have problematic skin like acne I am supposed to stop using physical exfoliator and start using salytic acid exfoliator?
>>
>>18127303
>anti-age-maxxing
how? can you be more specific
>>
>>18113988
>>18134890
But also she’s clearly much healthier now, if your going to be ugly either way, you may as well be ugly and healthy
>>
i've been on tret 0.025% for a year now, and i love it. is there any benefit in moving up to 0.05, or 0.1%?
>>
>>18135073
Is she though? She already abused her body for years, at this point ai doubt losing weight will make things much better. She’s a subhuman either way so I guess it doesn’t matter.
>>
File: 2.jpg (97 KB, 540x810)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
Looking for best bang for your buck treatments that I can get done at a clinic. I'd love to go into a clinic and just get an assessment but I know I'll just get upsold. Microneedling/PRP sounds interesting but you have to do a lot of treatments and keep going.
>>
As a male how do I cope with having big thick and wide lips like a bimbo or a black person? It feels like I have an anus for a mouth. The skin is really sensitive on them skin will flake off and look like I have cum on my lips or they'll turn really red. Plus they smack against my will.
>>
>>18135611
Same here
Aquaphor
>>
>>18133297
pretty sure there is an exact opposite scenario somewhere in the world
>it is all a jewish scam
>replaced it all with beef tallow
seems like they scammed you twice
>>18133509
was looking at HEIMISH All Clean White Clay Foam cleanser once as it was absolutely packed with cool ingredients but realised it would dry me out too much probably
i dont have sensitive skin so i dont have much to recommend, LRP toleriane cleanser is cool and gentle, cerave hydrating cleanser is even more gentle
>>18133927
people slug with it basically, some people get additional irritation if they apply it after tret and so they use it only on days off tret. i used to use it it after epiduo and was fine
>>18134556
try other doctors. if you have problems because of that, you might want to use some body lotion after shower while your skin is damp to retain some of that moisture
>>18134974
chemical exfoliants are superior overall
>>18135065
check out basically anything that stimulates collagen production eg retinoids, high percentage AHA exfoliators, vitamin c serums, copper peptides. obviously sunscreen for prevention and moisturizer for protection
>>18135144
if there is a higher dosages of a certain _prescribed_ substance i assume it is clinically justified to exist
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7544967/
>>18135586
its really tough to say as prices vary, dunno what are your goals, skin issues etc. some treatments need to be repeated too
id go to a few places to ask for recommendations and leave with bullshit excuse. then get the one that was mentioned most often. you could also ask them straight which would they choose if they only could choose one and why
>>
>>18135264
Absolutely, even if she’s perminately fucked her body, it’s still better to loose that weight. It’s like a smoker quiting after 7 years, yea the damage is there but it’s good stop
>>
I asked a local pharmacy what I should ask my doctor/gp to prescribe to get tret, and ended up with a 0.025% isotretinoin cream prepared by the pharmacy itself that has to be kept in the fridge and has an expiration date of one month.
I think the doctor will just give me a prescription for anything I ask regarding this. Anyone in Belgium or the Netherlands that knows what exactly to ask for to end up with the right stuff? My doctor couldn't find regular tretinoine in some database she used (which is why I asked the pharmacy).
>>
As a quick PSA if a product doesn't work for you don't throw it away. List it on FB Marketplace for free. People will take literally anything.
>>18135611
Lanolin or aquaphor.
>>18134380
Aquaphor can help your skin heal faster. Scarring is sort of a ymmv thing. The only permanent scars that I have on my body are from when my cat jumped off my chest with her hind legs, past surgeries, and a soldering iron accident from when I was 11.
>>18135896
Unfortunately I can't use those cleansers due to ingredient issues but I appreciate the suggestions.
>>18136310
Isotretinoin is accutane. That's really weird that your country has topical accutane. I wouldn't touch it. Did you go to a compounding pharmacy or something?
Ask for tretinoin when you go to your doctor and get it from a regular pharmacy. I think the brand name is Retin-A if that helps. You can also buy it from India but I don't know if yuro customs are strict about that stuff.
>>
File: IMG_9505.png (1.01 MB, 1500x1500)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>18106499
Literally the only skincare you need
>>
>>18136718
how so anon?
>>
I don't like my Clean & Clear stuff it feels like I'm bathing in a janitor's closet and makes me want to kill myself. I'm gonna go for Tree Hut after this.
>>
>>18135896
how is the first aid beauty brand?

also how do you feel about lush products
>>
File: 1717045305825759.jpg (9 KB, 158x192)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Any reccs for a daytime moisturizer? I was using Cerave AM but it's too much like a sunscreen and I'm primarily indoors anyway, so looking pasty and feeling sticky was not ideal.
>>
Could the way I chew food affect the volume of cheeks? My right side feels puffier compared to left side that has stronger nasolabial folds and feels more saggy.
I seem to be quite unused to chewing with left side, I might ne onto something.
>>
File: 20240604_101928.jpg (1.21 MB, 2160x3840)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>18129077
Update... No idea what is causing this horrendous breakout. This is the worst breakout I've had in four years. Back then it wasn't so bad because it was during the pandemic so I was basically shut inside all day anyway. My skin has been pretty good(acne wise, still crappy skin in general) for a while now.

>Vanicream gentle wash morning/night
>Duac (bp/clindamycin) in morning
>Epiduo Forte at night
>Sebamed care gel moisturizer
>**Started using hypochlorous acid spray the past 5 days** I have stopped this because I believe it may be making it worse

The only things I can think of is:
>the change in climate, it's recently gotten very hot and humid here. I live with my father and he is really cheap and refuses to turn the AC on. I wake up with a sweaty/greasy face
>I have drank a decent amount of beer a few times the past couple of weeks. I rarely drink and if I do I only drink hard clear liquors
>the hypochlorous acid spray may have irritated everything further and caused more breakouts

I'm guessing it's more the weather, but it's insane that all of this is over the course of 11 days. I'm getting a new cyst every couple of days basically and the ones that show up are hanging around forever, never coming to the whitehead stage. Just giant, red raised bumps that are painful for a few days then stop being painful but are still present.
>>
>>18137867
Use cerave pm, its super lightweight and comfortable. Then just buy a separate sunscreen to wear when you go out or just put on the CeraVe am then
>>
>>18138022
Damn that's rough
Unfortunately my advice is to see a derm since it sounds like you are on a pretty extensive acne treatment regimen.
Im not a doctor and this is just a retard speculating but it's possible the clindamycin is losing effectiveness or time my understanding it that it's not really something you want to use long term (more then a year) but again im a retard.
>>
File: 1688414400572.png (291 KB, 640x480)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>think to myself "haven't got acne in a while"
>literally the next day
>3 breakouts on my chin
skin is the nigger of body parts
>>
>>18138246
Bro this. I'm the guy who just posted pic above. Skin has been almost breakout free for like 9 months then BAM, massive breakout. Fucking sucks. Mine hurts bad too
>>18138111
Yeah prob. Idk what else can be done. I don't wanna do accutane because asides from randomly getting these breakouts on my chin twice a year my skin is pretty acne free. I'm always nervous about switching products too cause it could cause issues. In general I think most derms don't know anything about adult male acne or how to treat it. Everything is geared towards women.
>>
>>18137751
Not gyaruanon but lush is trash
>>18138022
My skin doesn't like the Vanicream wash for some reason. Causes me to break out. Apparently the mica in it can cause breakouts for some people. Alcohol in any amount causes similar breakouts for me as well. The hypochlorous acid spray might've messed wiith your moisturizer barrier and made it worse. ymmv. Put some pimple patches on it and pray for the best.
You don't need accutane. Don't think about that stuff. Taz might be an option if your acne is really persistent. I've heard of people using azelaic acid as a preventative thing as well. I plan on trying picspot (the Indian kind) once I need to reup on tret. The only brand of azelaic acid that I've tried was Facetheory's Lumizela and it was crap.
>>
>>18138273
>I'm the guy who just posted pic above.
yeah i saw and your situation is very similar to mine, 5 years on acne drugs and i still get random breakouts, 90% on my chin, though mine are more frequent and probably once a week on average. i was never clear for more than 2 weeks.
no clue what is the cause to get break in this one place. losing patience and i could probably get on accutane if i got my blood checked and stuff, they don't give it out otherwise. but for 4-5 spots a week? they might laugh at me
>>
>>18138273
>In general I think most derms don't know anything about adult male acne or how to treat it. Everything is geared towards women.

I legit got shamed by a dermatologist for having the AUDACITY to be suffering from acne as a 28 year old man. He thought it was the strangest thing, kept mentioning how men my age don't get acne, and told me to wash my face twice a day like I never tried that before. Prescribed me some creams and sent me on my way. I was too embarrassed and felt disrespected so never went to the follow up appointment. That was two years ago... I should really find a new one but that experience scarred me lmao
>>
>>18138317
I'm too scared of going bald from accutane. Also I already have gut/IBS issues and I heard it can fuck you up
>>
>>18138107
>using PM in the AM
absolute madlad
>>
So I recently just started using moisturizer. I show every other day after I get sweaty in the evening from a moderate workout. After the shower I rub Oil of Olay complete all over my face and body. I'm using someone else's that while they currently don't mind I don't want to keep taking their stuff. Should I just get Oil of Olay complete for me, I've been doing this for about a month and I sof far like the results but is there something better I should use?
>>
What could be causing my face to get oily only an hour after showering or even an hour after washing my face with soap?

I have to remove the excess oil with water and a towel multiple times a day and I hate it.
>>
>>18138517
I'm sorry that you had that experience anon. That was incredibly rude of your derm to say. I'm 24 and am sure that I'll have acne well into my thirties. Acne can be test related for some guys. I've heard of winlevi being used for men so that might be an option. I'm on the fence about trying it personally. My insurance covers it, but I know can be a bit expensive. I think I'll give tret some time to work before I consider adding it to my routine. I'm in the process of switching to tret 0.025 from differin 0.1.
>>18138689
If your cleanser is too stripping, your skin can might be trying to compensate by producing too much oil. This can happen with shampoo as well. Cleansers that create a film can do this as well. In addition, dehydrated skin can also overproduce oil.
>>
bros i bought every meme shit in the past, buying top sellers of the year but they always eventually break my skin out. that snail mucin bs and stuff from japan's cosmetic site cosme. I think they are all marketing slop, even the cope of "purging" is marketing slop. Youre not supposed to break out ever from using products.

This time i copied disguisedtoast's skincare routine. Basically he had a video saying he just used cleanser and moisterizer. So i went ahead and bought cerave with salicylic acid and ha. And used vaseline as my moisturizer, also another meme product paulas choice but im not sure if you actually need that.

Finally stopped breaking out and skin looks smoother probably from the exfoliants. Really think all you need is to trust your body, you dont really need those meme skincare products. Just cleanser + exfoliant ( salicylic) + moisterizer (ha/vaseline) I prefer vaseline cause it relies on your own skin. It just helps it abit, vaseline clogging pores is also a meme, i have gotten more milia from using the double oil cleansing bs than vaseline(none).

Just trust your body bros.
>>
>>18138022
1. change your cleanser to something mild nothing fancy, cerave w/ salycylic worked well for me.
2. change your moisturizer to vaseline for awhile.
3. use baby rash oil on reddish skin to sooth it.
4. stop touching your face.

You should see results a week. Simple is best.
>>
File: 1706708827650448.png (129 KB, 500x340)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
I just personally discovered a new revelation when it comes to moisturizing, usually I could never find the sweet spot when it comes to finding just the right amount to apply.
Too little, and I try too hard in making it spread even resulting in piling and too much, and it feels like I'm covered in Nickelodeon slime. But I discovered if my hand isn't completely dry and has just a little moisture from water, I can make a small amount of moisturizer be just the perfect amount to spread evenly. Not sure if this common knowledge and I'm just a retard, please ignore if true.
>>
>>18138942
If possible try to leave your face just a bit damp after washing it and then apply moisturizer. If you moisturize before your skin air drys it helps to lock in some moisture and keep hydration up, kind of the same idea as wetting your hand.
>>
no dubs this time
>>18138981
>>18138981
>>18138981

>>18138981
>>
>>18138785
I have this one
>>
>>18126052
i have oily skin but i use cleansers for sensitive skin, it's just some bs to sell more shit

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.