[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1708132247866662.jpg (204 KB, 669x1000)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
How does one dress well while still remaining casual?
>>
>>18106627
Simplicity
>>
>>18106627
As the other anon said, simplicity and also avoiding items deemed too formal in casual settings. A big part of it is buying high quality clothing that fits well and is made out of natural materials like linen, cotton or wool. You'll immediately look nicer than the other 90% of people in their cheap polyesterslop. And of course if you don't take care of your body and look like shit then clothing won't help much either. Clothing should accentuate your stature, health and physique rather than being used as a cope to cover up flaws. This is pretty obvious advise anyways.
>>
>>18106627
"dressing well" is all about color that suits your skin, and proportions that accentuate your body. it has nothing at all to do with the formality of your dress.
>>
File: 1626174853763.jpg (764 KB, 2560x1536)
764 KB
764 KB JPG
>>
>>18107408
I have freckles, pale skin, really red lips, and brown but greying hair. I am in my early 30s and am 175cm with a long torso and short legs. I have a fairly athletic physique but am definitely not a bodybuilder. What do I do
>>
>>18107838
Amazing texture on that outfit.
>>
File: 1485455334450.jpg (272 KB, 1318x988)
272 KB
272 KB JPG
>>18108151
Yeah, I really started taking note about textures in materials, and spening a little more for a slightly better piece
>>
File: 1704125212593413m.jpg (84 KB, 855x1024)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>18108147
Marry me desu
>>
>>18108147
stick with earth tones, greens, navy blues, if you want safe options. any color can work as long as you don't wear things that make your skin look washed out. you'll have to experiment a bit.
start buying pants with high rises, this goes for everything, jeans, chinos, dress pants, whatever. the higher rise gives the appearance of longer legs which will make your long torso look in better balance.
dont overdo it. if you want to be casual, make good use of simple pieces which you layer to create outfits. focus on texture and fit. you don't need super flashy stuff if you aren't interested in it.
>>
>>18108266
Ty I will keep those points in mind I have some white shirts that I'm not sure really work so I might have to do some spring cleaning. Need more high rise pants too
>>
>>18108266
my turn! slim build, 162.56cm, brown skin/black male with a buzz cut, what should i wear? short legs and torso ig
>>
>>18106627
Chinos and some kind of practical dress shoe like a boat shoe or chukas. Don't wear graphic tees, make sure your shirt fits. Coordinate colors, patterns, textures etc, that's about it I think.
>>
>>18109431
for colors i guess i tend to think that brighter and more dynamic colors, oranges, yellows, light browns, every type of light blue and lighter navies look great on black guys. if you've got the same short legs/long torso thing going on then the high rise recommendation stands. otherwise as a shorter guy in general you probably want to avoid baggy shirts, long jeans that pool at your shoes.
>>
>>18106712
if "being made of cotton" is your bar its so easy to mog you lmbo
$50 cotton shirts arent "nice" lololoooo
>>
File: 1554233465287.jpg (112 KB, 1280x853)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>
>>18106627
What's the equivalentvof this for men?
>>
File: 1536180234555.jpg (166 KB, 650x930)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>18111429
Exactly the same but with plaid trousers
>>
>>18111429
looking immensely gay and retarded, emphasis on the gay part. additional extra emphasis on the retarded aspect of it all. just in order to ensure that you understand, you're going to want to maximize the overall gayness and total retardation if you want to achieve this sort of look. as to accentuate the fact that yes, you are a totally gay, utterly retarded retard. fucking retard.
>>
File: IMG_0041.jpg (126 KB, 828x1760)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>18106712
>if you don't take care of your body and look like shit then clothing won't help much either.

Pic rel
>>
>>18111429
>What's the equivalentvof this for men?
It is a man tho, an average Russian twink/femboy.
>>
>>18111477
Why do npcs keep posting this as if Rick Owens was the god of fashion or something lmao. This is posted literally every day by braindead npcs it's hilarious how they believe it's so profound
>>
textures, layering, patterns and silhouette is important. if you’re only focusing on colour and not thinking about the rest you can still look shit. id suggest if you ever wear something patterned don’t have it clash with another pattern, just one at a time so you don’t look busy. with textures wear ones that make sense together, eg lace+velvet, denim+corduroy, cotton goes with a lot but if you wear too much cotton with no variety you will look flat and like an npc. focus on two things that make a good outfit first then as you learn start experimenting with the other aspects. also it’s good to have a collection of basics that fit well for you to build outfits around and add statement pieces to, if it’s basic+fits well you will look good and not overdressed. if it’s basic+fits well+has a nice statement piece you will look good, not overdressed, and people will think you have taste.
>>
>>18106712
>avoiding items deemed too formal in casual settings
Take this with a massive pinch of salt, most people think "too formal" is anything /fa/ in the slighest.
>Clothing should accentuate your stature, health and physique rather than being used as a cope to cover up flaws.
This in direct opposition to the fundamental principles of dressing well. If you don't look better, fitter, stronger in your clothes than you actually are, you're doing it extremely wrong.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.