[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: marlon_brando_jacket.jpg (111 KB, 600x501)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
I am an europoor who can t afford a 500 dollar leather jacket.
What do you guys think of second hand, I found a couple pretty cool ones online, but also discovered a jacket brand from my country who sells them for like 200 dollars.
I am thinking of maybe going to Berlin and buy cool leather jackets and trench coats from their renowned flea markets, but i hear those might have been involved in some scatological activities.
If I buy used what should I look for?
>>
>antique stores
>flea markets
>think twice
>vinted.com

its easy, just go to your countries cool urban capital and look up where the youngsters go thrifting

>If I buy used what should I look for?
holes in pockets, non-ykk zippers, and "leather" jackets with no leather smell are things to avoid

where in europe are you based?
>>
File: romania_chud.png (43 KB, 840x712)
43 KB
43 KB PNG
>>18113291
romania
>>
>>18113305
go where old people buy second hand clothes in that case
>>
>>18113308
average people here don t really buy second hand like they do in germoney
maybe the westernized lefty art hoes
>>
>>18113277
Ebay is a good, reliable way to get heavily discounted clothing including leather jackets. Spend $200 on a good condition pre-owned one that retailed for $1k instead of buying a brand new, $200 retail jacket that's just scraps glued together. A lightly used, nice jacket will look and feel so much better and stay great for years.
>>
>>18113322
westernized art hoes know where The best vintage is
>>
>>18113723
i can t talk to women
>>
Leather jackets fall into two categories
>new "vintage" leather jacket that looks like a cardboard cutout of what you want
>vintage jacket that looks perfect, exactly what you want
Do your research, whether its a bomber A-2 or a double rider, stray away from the repros and get the original. They'll also end up being cheaper because these brands think they since they have heritage they can charge $900 for a jacket when you can get the same thing on etsy for $300
>>
>>18113277
You probably want to try the jacket on in person especially if this is your first and you are inexperienced with how they fit. It can be hard to tell the body type the jacket is made for from photos and you could end up with a boxy 1 size fits all shit jacket
>>
>>18113277
>leather jackets
Based taste for still considering to pull them off
>>
Posting some inspo since i'm a leather boi too
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>18114932
Big fan of deer hide personally
>>
>>
>>18114935
Why?
>>
>>
File: p r o m e s s a.jpg (95 KB, 700x1190)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>
File: no info.jpg (102 KB, 600x1087)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>
File: file.jpg (1.52 MB, 3000x4000)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>18114942
The texture is soft, supple but incredibly strong and hard wearing. Softer and smoother than horse or cow but about as tough. Here are three of my jackets for comparison; left sleeve is deerskin, middle is sheepskin shearling (not as tough but very warm) and the right is lambskin (softest by far but much more delicate).

They all have different uses. I wouldn't ride a motorbike in deerskin or lambskin but I would with a nice cow or horse hide jacket. If I were going out for the night, I'd take one of the more supple ones. Etc
>>
>>
>>18114952
The deerskin leather jacket looks like it's the most expensive one
>>
>>
File: file.jpg (1.39 MB, 3000x4000)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB JPG
>>18114969
The deerskin's are left most and rightmost jackets here. ||Left was about $3k, rightmost (hooded) one was about $10k||. The sheepskins were definitely the cheapest, the lamb somewhere in the middle. You can really tell from the double-line of stitching in both deer jackets, so much more love was put into them.
>>
>>
File: file.jpg (62 KB, 400x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>18114972
Fuck I'm using Discord spoiler tags instead of 4chan. Here's a similar type of jacket on Johnny Depp, you can see the thickness but the soft, flexible leather. The grainy, natural look to the skin. It's great stuff if you can get it.
>>
>>
>>18114972
Impressive leather jacket collection. Let me guess, the deerskin jacket is vintage? Got a vintage cow leather biker jacket from the 80s. It's so thick, heavy, i can easily wear it in winter. Love that jacket.
>>
File: hqdefault (5).jpg (32 KB, 480x360)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>
File: file.jpg (343 KB, 1842x3006)
343 KB
343 KB JPG
>>18114991
Early 2000's, so not quite vintage but getting there. Excuse the filthy mirror. Hadn't seen a hooded leather jacket before I bought it on a whim, been pretty happy.
>>
>>
File: Download (13).jpg (44 KB, 395x594)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>
>>18115021
>he pulling off a leather duffle coat
I kneel. Duffle coats are comfy on rainy and cold days.
>>
>good old suede jacket
>>
>>
>>
>>18115042
Very kind anon. Cheers

>>18115049
This guy is from a blog post he made about Seraphin made to measure jackets. Not familiar with their MTM program but their jackets are amazingly good.
>>
>>18114222
just pretend they are men.
>>
Anyone order from 5 star? They've got steerhide perfecto knockoffs for ~$200 and the measurements don't look too bad
>>
>>18114980
actually best itt
>>
>>18115087
hard pass on that price range. also avoid alphabetical sizing it means the jacket is made to fit many body sizes with low arm holes giving a terrible fit for most people. if you want a perfecto just buy the real thing on ebay for the same price
>>
>>18113277
Glossy leather looks gay. Suede all the way.
>>
>>18115516
brother it's a leather jacket. If you didn't come on a bike I'll assume you're a faggot

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.