[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (564 KB, 650x975)
564 KB
564 KB PNG
>muh selvedge
>muh denim
>muh boots
What makes it NOT onions?
>>
File: 7667.jpg (218 KB, 1080x1233)
218 KB
218 KB JPG
>>18151235
I don't think you can hate on boots and jeans. They're too basic, durable, and classic.

I mean I wouldn't pay $300 for a pair of jeans (like the Iron Hearts in pic related) but that's another conversation.
>>
File: gif[1].gif (10 KB, 220x201)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>18151235
>>
Most me who actually wears boots for work don't wanna larp around in them in their free time. I know the immediate cope will be:
>oh dude my boots are perfectly formed to me feet after being broken in. they're actually the most comfortable shoes you I own honestly.
but that is just lies you tell yourself
>>
>>18151288
You dont know many blue collar workers do you?
>i paid $350 for these redwings, im going to fucking wear them
There is no /fa/, boots and workwear clothing ARE your "going to town" clothes.
Old hunting boots apply too.
>>
>>18151288
>Most men who actually wears boots for work don't wanna larp around in them in their free time
Completely untrue
>>
>>18151235
>>18151237
Yep. Jeans (100% cotton ones) and boots are the only pieces of clothing you can buy today that are built the way clothes used to be back in the day, i.e, to last for years and years. Everything else is consoomable fast fashion with planned obsolescence built into it. For their price, jeans provide the most bang for their buck. That's why they are the opposite of soinions.
>>
>>18151235
>muh neck
>muh back
>lick muh pussy
>and muh crack
>>
>>18151235
The guy who jiggles around live powerlines with a stick and the guy who trades stocks 3 hours a day and snorts coke for 21 both own and wear jeans.
You probably had a grandparent, great uncle, whatever who was probably wearing the denim working uniform with his balls sticking to his leg during Midway.
Guys with the job description of "moving refrigerators around" wear jeans.
You've been online too long. Get a grip.
>>
>>18151345
based. fuck planned obsolescence and fuck fast fashion
>>
>>18151474
Why are npcs so aggressively against fast fashion nowadays? Same with the hate for plastic , synthetic materials and logos/branding.
It's funny how stuff like organic food, vintage clothing and long lasting stuff was considered hipster shit a couple of years ago and now has been adopted even by laggard 4chan npcs.
>>
File: 1679585701738605s.jpg (7 KB, 179x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>18151478
>YAS, please give me cheap plastic shit I can't re-use and make me a walking billboard
>>
>>18151487
>nike officially says that you're supposed to replace their sneakers every 2 months
Sauce?
>>
>>18151478
Are you seriously simping for disposable garbage culture that does nothing but clog landfills and actively worsens the quality of life on earth? You dumbass mongoloid.
>>
>>18151237
>I wouldn't pay $300 for a pair of jeans (like the Iron Hearts in pic related)
I'm contemplating exactly that. I wear jeans basically every day so might as well do it properly. On a cost-per-wear basis they'll probably still be cheap.
>>
>>18151478
This is such a smoothbrain generalization. Wanting quality clothing that lasts isn’t a trend
>>
>>18151345
Wool knits and outerwear also still fits in that category. Warm, luxurious and indestructible if you get the proper stuff.
>>
>>18151309
It is true in my experienced. The last thing I want after 8 hours of working on my feet in boots is to come home and put on another pair of boots. Hell, half the Mexicans I work with wear nikes and sketchers because they breath more.
>>
>>18151478
If any, fast fashion is the true npc default, dumbass
>>
>>18151237
They are 150$ in Japan sir :)
>>
>>18151725
They're also stuck in 2012 with their shitty cuts. Wouldn't buy them for $50
>>
>>18151725
Plane ticket is what? $400 one way?
>>
>>18151507
I really don't get the obsession about not creasing or making sure your stuff looks like brand new as long as possible.
I mean if you don't like it to look like used, then don't use it.
>>
>>18151288
actual tradie here
you know those $150 glued construction boots are meant for guys with union stipends to buy with their stipend checks every year right?
they don't pay for them.
you're an idiot if you pay your own hard earned money for those.
you didn't notice they cost exactly the same as the union stipend checks are after tax?
if they were spending their own money they'd wear resolable boots. everyone on a average job site who isn't union wears at least red wings or better unless they're an illegal or a greenhorn.
>>
why do you think glued work boots always have a price point below 250 never a dollar higher?
union boot stipend.
lmfao if you saw a bunch of guys with cheap work boots on a job site and actually thought they were paying for them.
the guys like me who have to buy their own boots and work for themselves buy nicer stuff trust.
>>
>>18151684
oh yeah you better believe if we're doing something that doesn't require a safety toe that day we're wearing running shoes from wal mart.
>>
>>18151725
Dont remind me
>>
>>18151235
What's the best nice, classic-cut pair of jeans I can get that won't murder my pockets? Need a pair I can work in but also look good.
Every brand has 80 different styles and cuts now.
>>
>>18151235
If you'are hot, fit, and tall, it's probably not s o y.
>>
>>18153842
Thanks. Picked up the 31mwzs and a pair of Rustler relaxed recommended in the QTDDTOT.
>>
Figure this thread is a good place to ask. Anyone have recs for a thicc tank top?

Picrel is from Bronson mfg and looks decent, but I don't want to wait an eternity for shipping
>>
>>18153862
Before i finished reading your post i was going to say Bronson,
Shipping will take 2 weeks or less, just do it, they have a sale on their website right now.
https://bronsonshop.com/collections/underwear/products/military-cotton-tank-top-white?variant=43803551072472
https://bronsonshop.com/collections/underwear/products/300g-cotton-heavyweight-tank-top?variant=39742577082563
Also these bob dong tanktops
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2255799819469037.html
>>
>>18153875
>>18153897
Cheers anons. Grabbed 2 Bob dong and 2 Bronson
>>18153900
31mwz are the goat. The regulars are way too tight on my legs though
>>
>>18153333
Stop smoking meth in the portapotty and get that fucking drywall put up now!
>>
>>18151288
i actually do wear my work boots all the time outside of work though. i only really wear work boots and flip flops and you can't just wear flip flops all the time. i also take the time to oil my workboots once a month and i hose off the dusty every day after work so they don't dry out and crack.

>>18151665
it's hard to justify when wranglers or rustlers are dirt cheap and probably last just as long when doing physical labor

>>18151684
you must work with some dumb ass fuckin beaners if they wear sketchers to work
>>
>>18153332
I’m a tradie as well, when I got my $150’stipend, I’d use it all at Walmart, the. Return the Walmart shoes and use that cash as a discount to go buy redwings

I did the same with safety glasses we get a stipend to use at MSC or whatever I went to harbor freight spent it all returned it all the. Bought Oakley military glasses as my safety glasses

Tradesmen aren’t as stupid as you think 90% of us hold college degrees we just happen to be better with our hands than we are at navigating office politics and dealing with women

Women hate me for whatever reason so I tend to get cold shouldered out of the office environment (I don’t even talk to women in the office)
>>
>>18153942
Ironically there was more drug use in the office environment than in the trades

You can’t really pop adderals or “blues” while programming a cnc lathe

But the data entry clerk can easily be high most of her day
>>
>>18154044
you're a machinist right?
>>
>>18154046
depends on the trade, i've seen a lot of guys who are just permanently stoned at work and also a lot of guys who do coke at work which is weird to me because why would you want to do coke on a construction site hah

most ive ever done is have a couple of beers at lunch or in the afternoon if i'm working at a friend's house
>>
>>18151684
I share your sentiments personally but from what I've seen country/trades guys are constantly in boots both inside and outside work. Most of them don't even own a pair of trainers.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (942 KB, 1600x1600)
942 KB
942 KB JPG
>>18151345
How lighter in color do these dark blue jeans get with wear? I really want jeans that would get to such light blue as pic related. But when I look at raw denim fades that redditors post, they still are dark blue with white/ grayish blue fades making high contrast (like iron hearts), which I don't like. I really wish to know how 40s 501xx (my grail jeans) looked when new
>>
I want to thank the guy that was shilling the 13mwz in one of the earlier denim threads. These things literally solved every annoyance I have with 501s (raw, higher rise, no leg twist, back pocket rivets, thicker denim, more thigh room, top stitch seam on the outside of the leg)
>>
>>18154643
https://www.levi.com/US/en_US/levis-vintage-clothing/levis-vintage-clothing-for-men/1947-501-original-fit-selvedge-mens-jeans/p/475010222
they have these but they look so weird compared to the vintage stuff i see on ebay
>>
>>18154643
If you wash them regularly they will fade to that color. The high contrast fades are from not washing so the areas that don't see much wear remain darker.
>>
>>18154643
These started as very dark indigo about a year ago and look like this after about 150 wears and 30 washes. Real fades look better than anything you can buy in my opinion.
>>
File: WRTH-M022052040.jpg (39 KB, 500x500)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>18153332
>>18153333
In europe almost noone wears 300$+ work boots (only in sweden i have seen some few electricians wear redwings). its always stuff like pic related. If they dont cost less than 150$, they can be very durable and comfortable enough. I remember i worked in forest planting, and my agency gave me used boots (yes thats a thing in eastern europe) that i checked werent even 100$, somebody wore them previous season and i also used them through whole season, in the worst terrain possible, planting 2000-4000 trees a day, and they held surprisingly well
>>
>>18151288
You are lying to yourself to cope with the fact you're a man child in sneakers and skinny jeans
>>
>>18151345
Uh my selvedge 100% cotton jeans start to get holes after 4 months. My mystery meat Target jeans last at least a year, so twice as long.
>>
>>18151665
Get a pair of red tornados
>>
>>18151237
Did he loop his belt *under* the leather patch? That's aggressive tryhard
>>
>>18154687
do you even have good work boot makers in europe?
>>
>>18154687
no one gives a fuck about the ugly jeetshit boots europoors wear

also i can guarantee that any terrain where you are able to plant trees is not the 'worst terrain possible' and it is probably actually better than most jobsites since the ground will be soft enough to dig and plant which means less wear on the boots.
>>
>>18154895
few europeans sans scandinavians have ever seen a real forest or even one equivalent to the one my back yard leads to. europe doesn't have long distance hikers really either because the only long distance difficult thru hike on the whole continent is again in scandinavia. europe logged their old growth out of existence ages ago. they don't have apex predators or much wildlife either.
>>
>>18151665
Red Tornadoes or Brave Star
>>
>>18154895
I planted trees in northern Canada and my boots were trash worthy within a month or two.
>>
File: jeans-3081275196.jpg (766 KB, 2000x1333)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
Umm, how do I make my blue jeans fade to this greenish tint? I always thought faded jeans like this were originally olive green or something, but apparently they are just regular blue jeans.
>>
>>18151235
>high quality products with timeless looks that last forever
>>
>>18154922
those look greencast (garment dyed with sulfur then dyed with indigo after)
natural indigo jeans also fade to that color
standard redcast (synthetic indigo) jeans don't get that yellow hue but you can get the sky blue color from heavy wear and a lot of washes.
>>
File: wiyxnt9gtci71.jpg (74 KB, 640x360)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>18154895
You literally dont know what kind of terrain i worked in and you assume this bullshit. Yes, you wuld expect trees to be planted in soft, nice ground, but where i worked 8/10 times it was a disaster. Something like pic related but with boulders, rocky ground, at times steeper hills and swamps with 3'+ grass and the usual elements of scarred soil
>>18154902
we know
>>18154911
not durable boots
>>18154890
if by good you mean leather, leather soles than there isnt really any major company that makes such, but you can find few individual cobblers who would make them for you
>>
>>18156359
no offense but my back yard looks exactly like that i can take pics. i live in the cascade mountains you need pretty serious technical boots out here people die every year going unprepared esp californian tourists.
>>
>>18154890
Sievi is the best for pure work boots, not fashionable
>>
>>18151291
Barista isn't a blue collar job
>>
File: sievi-52378-sko-herr.jpg (194 KB, 1200x900)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>18154890
We have actual work boots/shoes with all the protection bells and whistles. They're usually required at bigger work sites like new production of buildings, along with helmets and all the other bullshit. They tend to be hard and stiff as fuck and miserable to wear. I'm a painter and wear sneakers.
>>
>>18157349
ah yeah that looks like the retarded king of shit a eurofag would wear along with those pants with tool pouches built into them
>>
>>18157363
So, actual functional clothing and not your onion workwear crap, lmao? Are you that fucking stupid?
>>
>>18157363
it's a work site, not a runway ya dumb cunt. that is unless you are simply larping a blue collar worker.
>>
>lunchtime boys
>oh ok cool just let me spend 5 minutes getting all the shit out of my tool pouch pants because wearing an actual tool belt is for silly americans

do euros really?
>>
>>18157412
Again, you’re retarded.
>>
>>18157412
Why would you have to empty your pockets? Those with more tools usually wear a tool belt.
>>
>>18157406
There's is nothing good about being blue collar boot licker getting paid shit and standing all day. Unless you're underage or mentally stunted you might think being a broke dumbass slave is Le cool and manly or you are some drooled that actually works it but just remember everyone sees and knows you as a retard slave and does not like you lol
>>
>>18154890
ye
>>
>>18157536
why are you dressing like one then retard?
>>
>>18157536
I'm not saying its cool but people here definitely seem to think so since they find the need to larp blue collar workers without doing anything of the sort.

people who wear that shit at work do it because they need to, not because it's cool and hip and some faggot on /fa/ told them it's high quality and fashionable. can't wait until /fa/ggots start walking around larping doctors wearing lab coats or some other stupid shit
>>
Fuck eurofags and your pussy little pouch pants
>>
>>18157843
the corny r the Donald faggots that infested this place with that le blue collar redpilled shit and 90% are site sweapers
>>
>>18158554
>site sweapers
is that some low caste in your country?
>>
>>18158174
Onions
>>
>>18158174
You look like a Mexican hanging outside Home Depot waiting for a gringo to come offer you a job.
>>
>>18159018
I'd fuck you up irl
>>
>>18159034
Its almost as if people develop tools tailored to the environment they will be used in or something.
>>
>>18159864
I'd love to wear denim for work, but there aren't enough pockets in jeans.
>>
>>18161153
MAYBE CARPENTER PANTS, OVERALLS, AND I'VE SEEN A LOT OF TRADIES ON THE PLEBBIT DENIM BOARD SEW THEIR OWN CUSTOM JEANS WITH ALL THE EXACT POCKETS THEY WANT? ITS ACTUALLY NOT THAT HARD I SEE LIKE A POST EVERY WEEK OF SOMEONE DOING IT.
PANTS SHOULDN'T BE HOLDING A LOT OF WEIGHT TO BEGIN WITH THOUGH DESU THAT'S WHY TOOL BELTS ARE SO POPULAR IN THE STATES AND OUR WORKWEAR ISN'T COVERED IN POCKETS.
BUT I KNOW A LOT OF ELECTRICIANS AND SUCH WHO GET BY WITH AN OVERALL BIB JUST FINE. WHEN I DO WAREHOUSE OR MECHANIC STUFF A BUNCH OF SMALL POCKETS TO CARRY RANDOM SMALL THINGS IS NICE. IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND SNAGGING/LOOSE FITTTING CLOTHES AREN'T A HAZARD OVERALLS KIND OF FUCKIN OWN. NOT NECESSARILY DENIM CANVAS DOUBLE LEG ONES ARE GOOD FOR ANYTHING INVOLVING GRINDER SPARKS OR WELDING AND SHIT.
>>
>>18159122
LOL ALL THE ANTI DENIM SPERGS WORK IN OFFICES AND ALL THE DENIMBROS DO TRADES. HALF A YEAR DOING GAME DEVELOPER STUFF AT A BASEDJAK AAA STUDIO HAD ME WATCHING OFFICE SPACE EVERY NIGHT ABOUT TO SNAP.
>>
>>18161153
Damn son that's why you're meant to wear a tool belt

Fucking europeans why are they so averse to shit that actually works like tool belts, denim and leather boots?
>>
>>18151288
This. My work boots and jeans are so filthy so I have to take them off as soon as I get home so they don't stain anything. No point in washing them as they will just get dirty again the next day.
>>
>>18161153
I solved this by wearing a denim jacket.
>>
>>18161325
Carpenter pants are what I'm looking for. I don't want to order them online only to find out they're paper thin but I will find a pair.
>>18161376
I've never used a tool belt because the European workwear usually has those swinging pockets. I never thought I'd need them but they're just fantastic. I'm far from averse to leather boots - they're exactly what I wear for work.
>>18161440
That's a good suggestion. Gets the denim in. The only issue for me is the European obsession with hi-vis, how can I show off the fades under a highlighter yellow vest? For whatever reason I have the impression hi-vis is less important in the USA.
>>
>>18161963
RED TORNADO ON TAOBAO/ALIEXPRESS DOES REPRODUCTION OF OLD CARHARTT SHIT.
ITS A CHINESE BRAND BUT THEY'RE THE ONLY COMPANY I'M AWARE OF DOING IT AND ITS BASED AS SHIT. THEY USE MID WEIGHT DENIM A FEW ANONS HAVE BOUGHT JEANS FROM THEM IN THIS THREAD (I HAVEN'T) WHO CAN VOUCH FOR THE QUALITY. THE INSEAMS MIGHT NOT GO SUPER LONG THOUGH AS WITH CHINESE BRANDS.
>TOOL BELTS
WE CARRY POWER TOOLS AND SHIT AROUND IN THEM USUALLY I'D HAVE LIKE 25LBS OF SHIT IN MY BAGS AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
>For whatever reason I have the impression hi-vis is less important in the USA.
YEAH WE DON'T TAKE IT VERY SERIOUSLY HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ON A ROAD CREW OR BIGGER UNION COMMERCIAL PROJECT OR SOMETHING. DOING RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION I NEVER ONCE WAS ASKED TO WEAR HI-VIS. I LIKE TO WHEN I'M GETTING UP ON BIG LADDERS OR WHEN I'M UP ON ROOFS ALONE SO THE NEIGHBORS WILL MAYBE SEE ME FALL BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT. SAFETY'S PRETTY SELF POLICED ON SMALLER CREWS.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.