[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Mid-June edition

Previous: >>18122576

>FORUMS
www.forums.filmnoirbuff.com
askandyaboutclothes.com/viewforum.php?id=13
www.styleforum.net/forums/classic-menswear.5/forum
www.reddit.com/r/NavyBlazer
thecurriculum.net/forum

>READS/BOOKS/ALBUMS
https://pastebin.com/ZFgGqJ68 (embed)

>Blogs: https://pastebin.com/ZjRtCQNQ (embed)
>Brands: https://pastebin.com/Sb54Bsri (embed)
>>
>>18152976
>J. Crew
>JCrew
>Jrew
>Jew
>>
>>18152982
thank you for the input based noticer anon
>>
>>18152976
80s & 90s j crew was so fucking kino
>>
>try on 36S blazer at the thrift store today
>it's STILL slightly too long
The weird part is, I have a 38S suit that fits tightly at the shoulders and is the right length. But that one's a cheap thing I've had since high school. IIRC I didn't even get that one altered, just the pants.

I'm sure it's just because the suit jacket from high school is a slim fit thing so even if the chest is still 38 it could easily be tighter on the shoulders.

Anyway, my question is, should I just go for a 36S blazer on eBay and then have it shortened? I only need to shorten it by an inch or so.
>>
>>18153063
Go bespoke or kill xirself
>>
>>18153080
I am not gonna go bespoke as a broke college student, dumbass. Ideally my parents would just pay for it, but they were retarded, so I'll have to do the work myself so at least my kids won't have to be poorfags
>>
>>18153063
>>18153088
sounds like the next doug
>>
What’s acceptable heel slip in loafers? How much space should be in the back if I push my foot forward in the loafer? I have a pair that kind of feel loose in the back. My foot is not in danger of falling out. But it doesn’t feel like a sneaker too. Not used to loafers. I’ve always worn laced shoes.
>>
>try barbour jacket
>too tight on shoulders, layering makes it feel like It's gonna explode off my back when I move arms
>cuts into armpits
>fucking massive around waist, literally an extra foot of diameter
Every fucking time. I'd actually just drop 2k for them to make a BIFL quality made to measure copy of any of their designs.
>>
>>18153276
This is the price of having a muscular physique. Clothes are designed for the average (fat/skinnyfat) person. The only option is to buy a size bigger and then have it tailored
>>
File: IMG_1235.jpg (3.42 MB, 3024x4032)
3.42 MB
3.42 MB JPG
How do I make this tie work?
>>
>>18153434
Doug tier
>>
>>18153435
what does that even mean
>>
>>18153438
clothes similar in style to what this individual >>18153012, also known as doug, would wear: thrifted, unusual/unique items combined to a rather formal look with each item standing out in an unpleasant way
>>
>>18153438
How an autistic dresses
>>
give examples of how to dress in the heat of +30
>>
Tips for more business casual /tip/ please, especially for hot weather. I live in arizona and it's 105-110 currently.
>>
>>18153867
lighter colors/patterns, shorts, linen shirts, linen pants, how is this difficult?
>>
File: n.jpg (45 KB, 681x802)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>18153434
>How do I make this tie work?
first lay off the ham sandwiches second get a khaki blazer
>>
File: IMG_7698.jpg (205 KB, 694x699)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
My boat shoes fit like pic rel. I dont like how much space there is at the back of the heel. But if I size down my toes touch the front of the shoe. Do people just crush their toes to have the heel snug at the back? I don’t get it? Will a tongue pad help?
>>
>tfw didn't see this thread in the catalog and almost cooked a redundant general
phew
>>
File: asdasdasdasd.png (240 KB, 676x401)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>18152976
>>
>>18154408
glad you liked it.
>>
File: LLBean_Casco_Bay.jpg (100 KB, 1200x1379)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
'Soup Effay? I don't know squat about shoes; I've essentially been buying slightly newer versions of the same pairs since high school.
I have an office job with a dress code; polo and slacks are typical for the department and what I usually wear. I've been wearing boat shoes (most recently picrel) but my workday involves a bit more walking than they're meant for and my knees start to hurt sometimes.
What should I be looking at that has a snug fit and padded heels, like running sneakers or hiking boots but slightly more presentable?
There's another thread up rn asking a similar question, but that one is looking for recs decidedly less professional and more trade-y. The old higher-ups in my office do grumble when someone dresses down too far, though less than they used to, and I'd like to avoid that.
>>
File: IMG_20240620_091237962~2.jpg (490 KB, 1069x2492)
490 KB
490 KB JPG
>>18154763
Try ranger moc, they're essentially a boat shoe with a much thicker sole.

>>18154086
You can get heel pads that will decrease the gap in the heel without changing the rest of the shoes fit.

>>18153063
Many modern brands have trended towards shorter jacket lengths, which I hate but might work for you. If you can try a Spier and Mackay jacket it would probably work perfectly for you, even their long size is an inch or two short for me.
>>
>>18154805
Oh, I already bought the blazer. It was $9, so whatever. It looks good on me but shortening it by an inch will help.
>>
Could this belt fit in a Trad/Country wardrobe?
>>
File: 20240426_180417_3.jpg (2.11 MB, 3672x2448)
2.11 MB
2.11 MB JPG
>>18155302
Hopefully, since i have a tooled belt. I wear it with outfits that are basically casual preppy but with one other western-ish piece like jeans, flannel, chambray, or a snap shirt. This is an old RL corduroy western shirt. I think the engraved buckle makes that a little more ostentatious but it looks very nice.
>>
>>18155321
Cool, thanks anon.
>>
>>18155321
Doug tier
>>
File: IMG_20240621_111112437~3.jpg (758 KB, 1865x2554)
758 KB
758 KB JPG
And this is today. Probably more casual than ivy, idk.

>>18155405
Okay. Is everything doug tier now?
>>18154805
Nice fit as usual, interesting mix of formality. Whats the jacket material? I think a more conservative one might work better with so much black, it almost sticks out. Or a different tie to break up the black accessories.
>>
>>18153903
I might be retarded, I do wear a lot of linen and thinner cotton, I was just wondering if anyone had other things that would work too. It's so hot here that pretty much everyone dresses like shit.
>>
>>18155426
I hope this is a joke outfit
>>
>>18155427
It doesnt get that hot where i live but i love tropical wool trousers for the 70-80 F range. Theyre very breathable and a pair in gray is super versatile.
>>
File: 1000006039.jpg (2.54 MB, 2077x4032)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
I call this: "the autism pose"

You can't see the cufflinks but they depict a flower in silver
>>
>>18155426
>>18155433
are you two retarded?
>>
File: reddit arguments.jpg (115 KB, 828x1045)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>18155430
What dont you like? I guess beige with beige is questionable, but one is more fawn and the other is more classic drab khaki so they arent identical.
>>
>>18155432
I'll have to check that out actually, there's a mormon suit shop near me as well that might some stuff considering they have to ride bikes everywhere.

>>18155426
fisherman maxxing
>>18155321
Actually kind of based, but more Sand County Almanac core than anything. Get a field watch.
>>
>>18155433
Just. Just, no.
>>
File: loake.jpg (77 KB, 800x800)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
how to style these?
im thinking chinos or jeans, ocbd, harrington
>>
>>18155547
Dont
>>
>>18155405
>>18155426
the way things are going eventually this thread will eat itself alive with schizophrenic accusations of being doug or "doug-tier". nobody will want to post any OC because no matter what it is some obsessed faggot is gonna say its doug-tier for reasons they can't actually articulate. this is how doug will win in the end. he doesn't even need to post anymore. hes planted enough of a seed in the collective conciousness of /tip/ and in so giving a name to the unnamed sperg urge to shit on something because it doesnt look right in their narrow impossible-to-map-out idea of what /tip/ even is.
truly devious.
>>
>>18155426
>Nice fit as usual, interesting mix of formality. Whats the jacket material?

Jacket is a Brooks 3/2 cotton sport coat. The formality comment is interesting, it's a pet peeve of mine. "Black" isn't inherently formal, some of the most formal fits are black but the color itself isn't inherently formal. Look at things like black boots, black coats, black jeans, etc, they would be viewed as formal.

The sport coat is cotton, the jeans are cotton (and more charcoal than black), the tie is wool not silk, and the shoes are bit loafers so not high on the formality scale either.
>>
>>18155611
>nobody will want to post any OC because no matter what it is some obsessed faggot is gonna say its doug-tier
Multiple people just posted OC, what are you talking about?
>this is how doug will win in the end
>truly devious.

Shut the fuck up Doug.
>>
>>18155547
They work pretty much the same as boat shoes. Chinos, jeans, baker pants, moleskin and cords in cooler weather. OCBD, Harrington, field jacket, cotton sport coat if needed.
>>
Good brands for a RTW suit? I haven't bought a suit in years and apparently Brooks Brothers went bankrupt and doesn't make suits in USA anymore
I need it in 1.5 months so I think MTM would take too long
>>
>>18155656
J Press, Andover Shop, Buck Mason, Oconell's, Spier&Mackay if you're thin

Alternative is any manufacturer you can think of on eBay and then have it tailored. Hickey Freeman suits are cheap on eBay, and were miUSA until 2 or 3 years ago so they're easy to find. Spend 200 on the suit, 200-300 on tailoring as needed and you're good to go.
>>
>>18155611
Get a job
>>
>>18155669
ty anon
>>
>>18154086
tighten the laces dumbass.
yes, i know there's a gap in the back.
tighten the laces, they will be more snug on your feet.
dont get a pair that are too small.
>>
>>18155547
I've got a Timberland pair similar to these. Chinos and OCBD, or chino shorts and polo shirt.
>>
>>18153411
>>18153276
I have 1/2/3/4+ for all lifts and I am fairly muscular, not a big weight or anything though, around 90kg. I find that the usual Barbour jackets are not flattering at all, exactly as the reasons you describe, the biggest issue being the coats becoming fucking huge around the waist and miles long when you size up in chest size. The only Barbour I own is an XL Spey (SL), I believe this is pretty much the only decent option for those who are of average height and muscular. It's not trad at all, slightly too tight to be a good piece of outerwear, and even too short for real rain since it is fairly cropped, but it has a nice look with the rest of my wardrobe and flatters a muscular physique quite well. I pretty much use it in place of a Harrington or other casual short jacket, more for the cooler months though. I suppose it carries a more youthful and utilitarian look, echoing current trends with short workwear jackets like those Uniqlo, Carhartt etc jackets which seem to have exploded in regular fashion for the last few years. Drake's have a wader jacket currently which looks similar, but with much better details than the Spey, but I wasn't prepared to spend over double the amount for it. I've read on some reddit forums that the Spey will likely be brought back in stock again this autumn, so might be worth a look if you want a Barbour jacket for the look but are willing to compromise or go for something slightly less trad. I think it can work great with a /tip/ wardrobe though, probably one of the reasons why Drake's had a brief fishing inspired capsule and currently stock their own wader jackets as something which seems to sell well.
>>
I am beginning medical school in a couple months, so I think this is a good opportunity to overhaul my wardrobe and define my style as being a little more professional (transitioning away from wearing predominately just white t-shirts and white sneakers).

I had been planning on getting much of my new attire from Spier & Mackay, including a few OCBD's. The problem is, the regular defined sizes don't seem to be catered to my build (41.5" chest, 33" waist), so does that mean I must order the Made to Measure shirts? My only concern with doing-so is that you cannot return Made to Measure clothes and I have heard that S&M can be a little inconsistent with their sizing.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>18156654
If you have a freak /Quasimodo build you need to go to a tailor and get a bespoke shirt
>>
>>18156665
>Quasimodo
kek, surely those measurements aren't uncommon amongst gym goers and people with athletics builds? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything - I guess I am stuck with paying for made to measure clothes or settling for ill-fitting off the rack shirts.
>>
>>18156678
Short people with massive muscles do look like him sorry. It’s just not very proportionate.
>>
>>18156703
I am not short, nor do I have "massive muscles". Those measurements at my height of 6 ft simply make for an adult male who is in good shape.
>>
>>18156654
Sounds like you want a baggier shirt so it has enough room for your chest while being proportional in the neck and cuffs. S&M shirts are slim compared to many classic OCBD's. Brooks Brothers are very baggy, the traditional cut in my size has like 5 inches of extra space at the chest. LL Bean too, at a lower price point and quality (still decent quailty though). J Press, i'm not sure since i havent worn their shirts but theyre classic and still make many things in the USA.
If you dont like the look of a baggier waist you can get shirts tailored to taper down slightly.
>>
File: file.jpg (124 KB, 1600x1600)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Thoughts on the Astorflex Nuvoflex? I don't usually wear boots though.
>>
>>18152976
jcrew is for poor peoeple
>>
>>18156654
A precise fit through the waist isn't really that important. You are probably overexposed to seeing shirts being modelled with a vert close fit around the waist when marketers pin/peg the shirt in the back to make it 'streamlined'.
>>
>>18156745
Would you suggest I proceed with off the rack from S&M, focus on ensuring the chest fits, and then bring the shirt to a local tailor to decrease the waist of the shirt? I am unfamiliar with the process of tailoring, but does that sound economically-sound and reasonable?

>>18157055
I currently only own dress shirts which are off the rack, and now that I reflect, those do have an excessive amount of fabric in the waist which makes the ‘tucked-in’ look appear to be a bit messy. I just hadn’t thought about it because the salesman just passed me a couple of shirts which fit my neck/chest. I think I’ll buy a couple off the rack shirts from S&M and then use that as a guide for selecting my measurements for Made to Measure. Even with that premium cost, it is still significantly cheaper than buying an off the rack shirt at any brick and mortar store here in Canada.
>>
File: GQn6qWYXEAAgrid[1].jpg (794 KB, 1152x2048)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
>>
>>18157149
Be very careful with Spier&Mackay and Kamakura if you ever look into them. If you're really skinny, they fit great but they are very slim in the shoulders and arm holes. This is for the S&M slim line and for the regular Kamakura shirts btw. The size chart for S&M wasn't indicative of the final fit for me, and the shirts shrank dramatically in a cold water wash and air dry. I'd order again from S&M and try their contemporary and classic fits. Contemporary is their "athletic" fit which may work great for you, it's supposed to be wider in chest and shoulders and then slim dramatically in the waist.
>>
>>18157473
bro how fucking short are you?
>>
>>18155433
This would look amazing if you cut your fag hair.
>>
File: UK.jpg (241 KB, 1280x768)
241 KB
241 KB JPG
>>18156654
I have almost the exact same build as you, same chest size, 6'1" and 32" waist. Do not buy from S&M, their products are not worth the money and will not fit you well. Brooks brothers is overpriced for the quality. You don't need to go bespoke, just figure out your neck and arm measurements and you can find off the rack clothing. If it helps, my shirt measurement is 16/34. Even if it means buying less items, go with J. Press or O Connell's. Mercer if you can afford it, but you will need to get the shirts tailored. And don't buy anything ostentatious or with unique colors / patterns. I have wasted probably a thousand dollars trying various items from a myriad of brands and those are really the only three who make cloths that are flattering to healthy white men. Try searching ebay for J. Press items too. Getting your cloths tailored from there is a personal choice, but I always recommend doing so. Congratulations on being accepted into med school, what uni?
>>
>>18155433
>Hideous color
>Terrible tie, terrible knot
>Suit too slim overall, also maybe too tight in chest, pulling at button
>Slim lapels
>Literally double the cuff showing on one arm, way too much cuff even on the good arm. No, cufflinks don't mean show 3 inches of cuff

Is this really you or someone you hate and wanted to fuck with?
>>
File: 62324.jpg (641 KB, 999x3150)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
>>18157489
If you go with S&M, try their contemporary fit. It's their athletic fit so it's cut with room in chest and shoulders but then tapers at the waist more than a regular straight cut.
>>
>>18157588
>>18157489

Do you know how much of a taper S&M contemporary fit is? I've got 41" chest and 31" waist but usually wear smalls for body/sleeve lengths.
>>
>>18152976
Does anyone have the vintage ad featuring the beautiful red-haired woman in what appears to be a hunting or horse-riding outfit?
It was from Ralph Lauren or a similar brand.
>>
>>18155433
this has to be bait
>>
>>18157629
Have you considered going to their web site and reading the size guide?

https://www.spierandmackay.com/fit-guide/red-label-dress-shirts

You sure you're going to med school bro?

After looking at the size chart, I was mistaken. If you've got a 9-10 inch drop from your chest to your waist, you may want extra slim fit.
>>
>>18157509
I placed my order for a 'size 16 slim, 36 sleeve length' OCBD yesterday evening before seeing the replies to my initial message. I can return for free, so it's not a big deal if it doesn't fit - just a bit annoying. I am uninterested in buying second hand clothes from Ebay, but will take a look at Mercer, O Connell's, and J. Press - thank you. It's a Canadian medical school.

>>18157629
>two people post with different stated chest and waist measurements
>THIS MUST BE THE SAME PERSON!
Retard. Thanks anyway, though. The order has already been placed, but I can return if the fit is poor. The headaches of shopping off the rack while not being obese or skinny fat...
>>
File: 1719262028196.jpg (124 KB, 1100x1650)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
Rate the cut and details of this Oxford from LA Apparel.
https://losangelesapparel.net/products/rcp402-classic-long-sleeve-oxford-button-down-shirt?variant=41213339893939
>>
>>18157489
>orders the slim fit
>it's slim
>:o
>>
>>18158292
In my defense, the dimensions of the actual shirt were smaller than the size chart indicated on their own page, and that was pre wash.
>>
>>18152976
Fucking hell why are ivy league girls so mid
some of the international rich asians are good looking but everyone else is mid
>>
>>18157588
you look like a fat old fuck in those borrowed clothes
what size waist is that? 38? go eat some more lard you unfashionable piece of shit
>>
>>18158515
I'd try and explain that sometimes with vintage garments you need to alter them and do things like take the waist in or hem them but I genuinely don't think you'd be able to understand the ease or frequency of basic tailoring. I'd be happy to measure the waist and show you it's not actually 38 inches like I had to with your great polyester investigation. Let me know.

In the meantime maybe this would be helpful for you

https://sanvt.com/blogs/journal/how-to-identify-high-quality-cotton-clothing
>>
>>18158252
~okay looking collar
-8 buttons (2 too many)
-alpha sized
+full/baggy fit
It's mid. Thats cool theres another option made in the US though.
>>
Any recommendations for bespoke leather shoes in the US?
>>
>>18158513
they're probably nerds or jewish, idk. Girls who go to college aren't marriage material anyway so who cares desu
>>
>>18158638
Fukuda or Suzuki through the Armoury
Fukuda for that English style
Suzuki for the Italian flair
>>
File: cavour mod 2 tropical.jpg (294 KB, 932x1474)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
Cop or not?
>>
File: 1719334652845.jpg (24 KB, 640x800)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>18158990
Jacket seems reasonable, pants are skinny
>>
>>18157759
this?
>>
File: 1700525019553345.jpg (242 KB, 961x1291)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>18157759
maybe this too. not quite a redhead though
>>
What's a good place to look for belts? I'm having trouble finding anything with a non-square buckle. I'd like something a little rounded.
>>
>>18159293
Im retarded
https://www.pinnellcustomleather.com/buybelts/copy-rodeo-mahoney-belt
https://todeschinicomo.com/product/black-calf-leather-belt/
https://www.morjas.com/us/product/the-belt-brown-calf/
https://www.ocbutcher.co.uk/men-c2/accessories-c45/belts-c62/robert-charles-calf-skin-belt-p8518
>>
>>18159293
If you're paying over $100 for a belt you're a fool.

Get a Tory Leather belt, read about them here

https://dieworkwear.com/2024/03/29/excited-to-wear-this-spring-5/

Then go buy them here

https://www.horsesmarts.net/store/equestrian-belts/english-spur-leather-belt-1/

Alternatively, get a belt from Trafalgar.

https://www.trafalgarstore.com/collections/belt-strap?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=18311220912&utm_term=

You can find them alot cheaper than the store's page if you dig around.
>>
>>18158018
I was looking at buying some of their Oxfords the other day, let us know how it is
>>
>>18159463
>Get a Tory Leather belt
Great stuff, thanks for the link
Not the guy that asked originally but ive been going crazy looking for one inch belts that aren't made out of tissue paper.
>>
>>18158999
grim
I just want a European full canvas summer suit for less than a grand
>>
File: which one.png (1.46 MB, 1141x756)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Hey lads, for years I've been wanting to venture into dressing a bit more traditionally, but I don't want to go full reviewbrah, so something in the /tip/ spectrum seems appropriate. Having a set of general style principles to observe and keep me out of trouble is an added bonus. So with that blogpost out of the way: I need to get a jacket and I'm a bit torn. The navy blazer with brass buttons is very popular, but I'm struggling to find inspo that wouldn't make me feel like a harvard frat boy larp (white chinos, navy blazer with brass buttons and some boat shoes), so I'm afraid I would never wear it much. The green flannel jacket is from spier and mackay and feels more country. For context, I own a few thrifted OCBDs and that's about it. If any anons care to guide me on the start of my journey, I will reciprocate with fit pics in future threads.
>>
File: 1710563770485742.png (1.14 MB, 1570x1176)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
>>18159833
After posting, I'm realizing that I never really made my question clear. Which of those 2 jackets do you think is a better investment for the start of my wardrobe, if I'm not going to be getting another jacket until after I get some shoes and trousers and other things. Or perhaps I shouldn't get either one? The navy blazer is from ebay btw.
>>
>>18159833
Pretty sure i own the exact jacket on the right. It ended up not being quite what i wanted. Its very lightweight and unlined, which is good for spring/summer, yet the flannel weave gives it that heavy/country look that makes it feel unsuited for those seasons. I still want a green jacket, because its a very underrated & versatile color, but what would work better is an unstructured green cotton for spring/summer and a darker, heavier green wool for fall/winter.

If you want a versatile jacket, i think a cream jacket in a pattern (houndstooth, gun club, or prince of wales) is perfect. The base color goes with anything, and it can have other colors in the overcheck that add visual interest but are subtle enough to complement most other clothes.
OR you could try a navy jacket with plain buttons. Then you get the versatility of the color without the strong collegiate association.
>>
>>18159841
Also, you can always have buttons switched out rather than searching for an entirely different jacket. You will almost certainly need to bring anything used or RTW to a tailor anyways, so you could have them do it.
>>
File: trunk shetland sweater.png (1.25 MB, 629x784)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>18159841
>>18159844
thanks anon, that gives me something to think about. Maybe I will hold off on buying a jacket until I have a few tippy outfits that work on their own but would be improved by a specific jacket.
>>
File: 1719426241538.jpg (82 KB, 700x700)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
If im going to buy one casual leather shoe to wear sockless in the summer in New England should i get boat shoes or penny loafers?
>>
>>18159970
Sockless gives girls the ick
>>
>>18160025
1: If sockless give a woman the ick, she's not worth your time and you're doing yourself a favor in the long run
2: If the loafers are unlined, they're meant to be sockless anyway.
>>
>>18159836
Get the navy blazer. Just make sure will work with your body measurements (chest, arm length, back length, & shoulders), you don't want to be excited for a garment only to find when it arrives it's ill-fitting beyond remedy. If those things check out, cop it and then take it to a tailor, there's bound to be at least one thing to touch up to match your specific body.
The blazer goes best with grey slacks (medium or dark grey) and a white or blue ocbd. Dark grey slacks + blue ocbd or medium grey slacks + white ocbd. The blazer will compliment both fits, and also work with chino's and both shirt colors. I dislike S&M's products, in my case they are ill-fitting and don't seem to know what they are. Strange the green jacket is a 3 roll 2 but has darts and those weird open pockets, the latter two should never appear on anything advertised as "ivy."
It's only your perception that you think you'll like a larper wearing the blazer, in the professional world blazers are a popular item for those with refined tastes. Not once have I ever been looked down upon wearing my own, it only ever garners compliments in fact.
>>
>>18159970
Loafers unless you have arched feet. The heel will slip no matter how tight the toe box is.
>>
>>18160245
confirmed, i have arched feet and don't buy loafers
>>
File: Rockland Blucher.png (828 KB, 471x702)
828 KB
828 KB PNG
>>18160249
arch chads rise up! I learned the hard way that my feet don't work with loafers, had to return a beautiful pair of rancourt's. I've been eyeing a pair of white bucks also from rancourt, they seem like a nice middle ground between casual and formal, with a strong background in ivy history. They're also not the NPC white sneakers that those fools wear.
>>
>>18159833
Navy blazer goes with almost anything. Chinos aren't just white, there's a whole plethora of shades ranging from white to dark brown, olive, grey, etc. It will go with wool trousers are well. It works with corduroy, moleskin, and tweed trousers. You can make it work with light colored jeans, baker pants/fatigues, linen, and seersucker. It's genuinely one of the most versatile items in this style and you can dress it up or down. If you go for "French ivy" you can even make it work with black trousers and shoes. The green is nice, but it simply can't compete in versatility.

Fair warning, Spier cuts can be....wonky. their jackets are always an inch or two shorter than I'd prefer, even in the long cuts. They're very European/modern cut, they aren't very traditional in that regard. If you're skinny, they can be fantastic but if you have broad shoulders and/or some muscle they can feel a little snug in the shoulders and arms even if the chest and waist are great.

If this is your first foray into the style, I'd go on eBay/Poshmark/grailed and look for a Brooks Brothers navy blazer in your size. Get one in great shape for well under 100, have it tailored and you'll have something that will last decades.
>>
File: Gxr0iLvj.jpg (149 KB, 1278x892)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>18160260
>>18160244
thanks lads, I guess I'll pull the trigger on that blazer.
>>
Does anyone here sail? I'm thinking of joining a sailing club soon, and the membership fee covers the cost of the basic sailing class. can anyone give me advice or tips?
>>
>>18160328
>Advice or tips
Watch your head
>>
>>18155832
But how do I get rid of that disgusting gap?
>>
>>18154086
Anyone know how to break these in? I’ve heard I should dunk them in water with my feet in the shoe and then wear em till they dry.
Is this true?
>>
>>18159198
>>18159200
Unfortunately not but it has a very similar vibe.
The woman is very attractive and has red/blonde hair and her hair is up.
I feel like it is probably not a Ralph Lauren ad because I have searched through all the ones I could find, it just has a very similar aesthetic. It may not even be an ad, just a vintage photo.
But it gets posted on here sometimes and I have seen it on other 4chan boards as an example of classic beauty.
I lost it and now that I want to show it to a friend who is getting really into that style, I cannot find it.
Thank you for trying to help though.
>>
>>18160418
Just wear them you mong
>>
>>18160426
have you checked the archive?
>>
>>18160430
But they hurt. And feel stiff. And i’ve worn them for 30+hrs. Still stiff. I do have a slight bunion which is probably why I have some pain. But they are still stiff. Dont feel like a well worn in glove like my old mocs
>>
I know I'm retarded and all. But I'm finding it surprisingly hard to find a pair of beige/khaki chinos that aren't slim or somewhat skinny. The selection is surprisingly limited? Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
>>
>>18160565
pure blue japan
shockoe atelier
3sixteen
bills khaki
all american khaki
jack donelly
todd synder

if you need more suggestions, let me know.
>>
>>18160328
I want to do the same but I’m in a practically landlocked state
>>
What do you wear at home?
>>
>>18160681
Ah alright thank you. I was looking into well known popular brands too much I guess.
>>
>>18160565
>>18160681

Going to add
Orslow
Buzz Rickson
Spier and Mackay
Casatlantic
Bronson MFG
Lands End (Traditional cut)
Peter Christian
Proper Cloth (custom)
Luxire(custom)
>>
>>18160709
>What do you wear at home?
Silk pajamas 24/7 + velvet house shoes
or just nude
>>
How much does it matter if a blazer is 3 roll 2 vs just a normal 3 or 2 button? Does it NEED to be a 3 roll 2 to be /tip/? Also, can you turn a 3 button into a 3/2 by re-pressing the lapels lower? (I probably wouldn't try that even if it's doable)
>>
>>18160884
Do you even know what /tip/ stands for?
>>
File: 1719503652009.jpg (19 KB, 319x304)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
You can still get stan ray classic fit usa made chinos for $70 a pair if you order through one of their vendors
Unfortunately every website that sells these has terrible product photos so it hard to show them actually hemmed and styled correctly
https://americanwear.us/store/ols/products/stan-ray-chino-pant-made-in-the-usa
Make sure to reference the sizing information they have for stan ray pants.
They do the og-107 fatigue pants that everyone loves as well.
https://americanwear.us/store/ols/products/stan-ray-four-pocket-fatigues-made-in-the-usa
>>
File: 1719504078721.jpg (361 KB, 990x1484)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>18160890
Fair warning they do have a bit of that military contract clothing vibe to them.
>>
>>18160889
I suppose my question should be: does a blazer need to be 3 roll 2 to be IVY? Is that a better question?
>>
File: IMG_8539.jpg (2.93 MB, 2624x2673)
2.93 MB
2.93 MB JPG
>>18160776
excellent additions, thanks anon.

pbj worker chino are my current favs.
>>
>>18160951
God i love pbj
Great time to be buying japanese clothes right now. Make sure you are paying in yen, hit up domestic sites like rakuten, even using a reshipping service you will come out way ahead. The yen is taking a big old shit and the dollar goes really far there right now.
>>
File: IMG_8541.jpg (2.81 MB, 4032x3024)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
>>18160958
>God i love pbj
me too
>>
File: 1719521358135.jpg (546 KB, 2000x2000)
546 KB
546 KB JPG
Yuuuup
>>
File: yo.png (668 KB, 680x843)
668 KB
668 KB PNG
henlo
>>
I got called Mr bean today
>>
>>18161312
kek
>>
Just got my first Mercer & Sons OCBD. Definitely a step up in quality from the rest of my shirts. It's soft to the touch but has a real rigid durable feel. It's hard to say whether the price difference between this and a J. Press oxford is justified, but I'm satisfied with my purchase and will probably only be buying Mercer and vintage BB OCBDs from now on. The collar roll lives up to the hype. I'm fairly skinny (6'1 170lbs) and was hesitant that I would need to get it altered, but I went with my true collar and body size and it looks great. It looks like how a shirt should look like on a man.
>>
>>18161312
Gonna need a fit check
>>18161246
Looks great
>>
is spending 1k on a suitsupply full canvas wool/silk/linen blend a good idea?
>>
>>18161712
No. Go to an actual tailor.
>>
File: IMG_8554.jpg (1.1 MB, 1170x2424)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
can i get a recommendation for a herringbone blazer similar to picrel that isnt $1000
>>
What is /tip/ approved sleep/nightwear which can actually be bought? I have no idea how to do this without going full old man and I have no inspo. Just cellular/mesh tanks + some type of checked pants?
>>
File: 1719587959245.jpg (250 KB, 1200x1200)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>18161775
>can i get a recommendation for a herringbone blazer similar to picrel that isnt $1000
Dress like an old Englishman
https://www.cordings.co.uk/us/firley-herringbone-tweed-jacket.html
Should be noted that it's made with a 19oz wool fabric, so it's a fucking jacket
>>
File: 1719588129147.jpg (352 KB, 2000x2000)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
>>18161805
>What is /tip/ approved sleep/nightwear which can actually be bought?
PYJAMAS
>>
>>18161812
This is absolutely nothing like the jacket the guy asked about
>>
>>18161812
t. >>18161312
>>
File: 1719591293604.jpg (128 KB, 634x749)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>18161835
>>
File: 1719591927693.jpg (213 KB, 1200x1379)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>18161805
LL bean has some nice cotton flannel pajamas if you want something a bit more laid back
>>
Sneaker question for /tip/, don't sperg out. I own two pairs of sneakers, one is pair of doek ecru canvas sneakers and the other is a grey pair of NB 990s. I like both of them but I still feel they don't work particularly well with a lot of my /tip/ wardrobe when I'm trying to just dress more normal. The NBs lean slightly too sporty and clunky, the canvas sneakers can look a little lacking and aren't really super comfortable for walking a lot or inclement weather. I feel like I could do with one more pair, perhaps in a more usual shape but in an unusual, still versatile colour. Any suggestions? I'm learning towards Adidas Spezials in a washed green or navy blue suede but I don't know much about sneakers at all.
>>
>>18162083
Why would you wear sneakers with a tip wardrobe? You can for sure but why
>>
File: 1719603909293.jpg (232 KB, 1045x699)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Is this guy is shorts just wearing dirty white oxfords or are they some kind of canvas shoe?
>>
File: 1719604005245.jpg (105 KB, 658x880)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>18162103
Same with the guy on the left here, they gotta be some kinda athletic shoes
>>
>>18162106
>>18162103
Tale ivy has been a disaster for the menswear community
>>
File: 1719604398324.jpg (195 KB, 681x1278)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
These blue and yellow suede runners work pretty well
>>
>>18162083
I might get flamed for this but I have sperry CVOs and reebok Club C sneakers. I live on the west coast near the beach so it works for me. Also, I'm pretty sure the reebok sneakers were in the preppy handbook.
>>
File: Anthony_Perkins.jpg (106 KB, 772x960)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
What's the most /tip/ coastal town to live in?
>>
>>18162221
Nantucket
>>
>>18162083
Depends on the fit really. If I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and trousers, I don't like wearing any kind of sneakers, it kills the vibe. Loafers or boat shoes/ranger mocs work so much better. If I'm wearing a polo or shorts, just wear whatever matches the colors in the fit. I've got a couple pair of Nike AF1s in olive, khaki and chocolate brown that are pretty versatile and work well enough for jeans or shorts.
>>
>>18161393
Good shit ordering from a real nigga, I love my mercer shirts, and exclusively wear their oxfords whenever business casual / formal is called for. Never fails to garner compliments. I'm the same height and weight as you, had the shirts tailored to be cut quite slim. I do regret getting having them cut as slim as I did, but for individuals with our build the billowy cut just seems to be ill fitting imo. I'll be ordering another round of oxfords this fall, plan to have those taken in a bit, but not as much as the ones I have now. Happy you like them, when they need washing make sure to hang dry.
>>
>>18161393
Also, J.press oxfords have no collar roll when you wear a tie with them. Having the collar roll present when wearing a tie is kino, and worth the extra $100 if you're a true stalwart to ivy style.
>>
>>18162221
greenwich, ct
>>
>>18162111
Where the hell can i get a classic parka like the guy on the right is wearing?
Do i need to root around in Japanese brands?
>>
File: 1719638356039.jpg (162 KB, 560x650)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>18162500
>Do i need to root around in Japanese brands?
Answered my own question
Unfortunately they only do single colors and not that nice color blocking.
Hilariously they brag about how their flagship model is sewn in the USA.
http://sierra-designs.jp/item/mountain-parka/short-mountain-parka.php
Not sure if i want to spend $400 for a 60/40 nyco parka...
>>
>>18162282
>Having the collar roll present when wearing a tie is kino, and worth the extra $100 if you're a true stalwart to ivy style

I swear autists obsess over the most irrelevant details without fully understanding them and then pretend they're some hype worthy revelation.
Depending on button placement, collar material, dimensions of more than just points, fusing and how close it is to your neck, you may or may not get the illustrious collar roll. It's not the be all end all of quality and trying to say it's worth more than $100 extra for a roll that looks ridiculous when you wear a tie is absurd.
>>
>>18162504
>Replying to a person who says 'the collar roll is kino'
Don't entertain the retard
>>
File: 1719639284595.jpg (161 KB, 500x602)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
>>18162502
Yup looking at some vintage pieces for sale on ebay that's the exact parka this guy is wearing.
>>18162111
As is traditional with American brands they pretend it doesn't exist on their American website and only sell it in japan.
Also ¥44,000 is only $270 right now, the yen is fucking tanked
>>
File: Francis.png (117 KB, 208x234)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>18157473
>based if Yuropean
>Cringe if 'murican
>>
>>18161246
Looking good, but you've got one too many buttons on your sleeves
>>
why are all traditional shetland sweaters cut in the same way? aka long in the body and shorter sleeves. are there any manufacturers or brands that make shetlands that are shorter in length with long sleeves?
>>
>>18162846
ideal proportions would be 60cm in length and 50cm in width in a size S
>>
File: 1719677867025.jpg (45 KB, 600x600)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>18162846
>shetlands that are shorter in length with long sleeves?
Recent colab might work for you
Really traditional knitwear company but with short ass torsos as ordered by some retailer. Available in a few different knits and colors.
If anything these are too short for anyone that doesn't wear pants that sit at the natural waist.
https://www.inverallanknitters.com/product/inverallan-x-urbanic30-cable-crew-neck-sweater-100-pure-new-wool-range-2/
https://www.inverallanknitters.com/product/inverallan-x-urbanic30-plain-turtle-neck-sweater-100-blue-faced-leicester-range/
https://www.inverallanknitters.com/product/inverallan-x-urbanic30-cable-crew-neck-sweater-100-pure-new-wool-range/
https://www.inverallanknitters.com/product/inverallan-x-urbanic-30-multi-cable-polo-neck-sweater-100-pure-new-wool-range/
I think the retailers website has stock as well if something is out if stock here
>>
File: 1719679128129.jpg (386 KB, 890x1236)
386 KB
386 KB JPG
>>18162864
And yes these sweaters are intended for women but they are the same universal cut as all of inverallan's other sweaters just with a short torso.
>>
>>18162873
Scratch that both sites call them unisex
>>
>found a Brooks 346 navy blazer for 50 bucks on Ebay, but it's worsted, not flannel
>also found another nice used navy blazer which is flannel but costs $100
I've heard that worsted fabrics should be reserved for suits because they look too... shiny? for a blazer or sports jacket. Is it worth paying twice as much for flannel though?
>>
>>18163146
Poors please leave
>>
>>18163146
Flannel isnt going to be very versatile because it will be too hot for half of the year. Wait until you find something in hopsack or birdseye. You can always layer sweaters and thicker shirts under a lighter blazer, but you cant make a heavy blazer cooler.
>>
>>18156938
did you buy these?
>>
File: hop in my sack.png (2.25 MB, 1202x881)
2.25 MB
2.25 MB PNG
>>18163151
it's that internet shopping thing where you get bogged down in details and prices and start actually giving a shit about an immaterial price difference, lol.
>>18163161
light and layer-able sounds great because I live in a warm place. Do you have any guesses if this fabric is hopsack? It's certainly not flannel or worsted; it looks like a lighter fabric anyway.
>>
>>18163174
that's canadian twill
rare find
is it 80s era?
>>
File: MD.png (207 KB, 368x245)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>18163179
not sure, it's a made in the USA brooks brothers and it says the fabric is loro piana. maybe you can make sense of this tag. Unfortunately it does not have pocket flaps so it looks all wrong.
>>
File: 1719710808340.jpg (296 KB, 1016x550)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
1 inch belt or 1 1/4 inch belt?
>>
>>18162083
IM GONNA AGREE WITH THE GUY SAYING A PAIR OF RANGER MOCS SOUNDS MORE LIKE WHAT YOU WANT THEY'RE PRETTY WELL SUITED FOR RAINY AREAS AND THEY HAVE THAT EVERYDAY WEARABILITY/COMFORT OF A SNEAKER.
IF YOU GO WITH SNEAKERS STICK TO 80S SILHOUETTES AND AVOID PLASTIC-LEATHER OUTERS THERE'S A LOT OF SILHOUETTES THAT WOULD WORK IN THEORY BUT THE QUALITY IS SO BAD THESE DAYS THEY WILL JUST LOOK BAD IN 2 WEEKS LIKE REEBOKS.
>>
>>18158515
He is a fat old fuck, and he's bald and creepy too. Man probably creeps on young boys with his awful fashion
>>
>>18163348
Depends on your height/proportions m8. If youre over 6', 1 1/4 inch could be better.
>>
>>18159844
YOU CAN MAKE A LOT OF MEDIOCRE SHIRTS AND JACKETS DECENT WITH A SIMPLE BUTTON SWAP. NOTHING KILLS A SHIRT/JACKET AS FAST FOR ME AS CHEAP OR WRONG LOOKING BUTTONS BUT ITS ALSO SUCH AN EASY AND CHEAP FIX.
>>18159892
PRO TIP: BRING YOUR OWN BUTTONS TO THE TAILOR SO YOU CAN SPERG AND GET THE EXACT ONES YOU WANT YOU MIGHT NOT THINK TO AND THEY DON'T ALWAYS HAVE A GREAT SELECTION. HIGH QUAL BUTTONS ARE CHEAP. I SWAP EVERYTHING I OWN WITH PLASTIC LOOK-ALIKE BUTTONS TO REAL HORN, PEARL, ETC AND ITS CHEAP AS SHIT.
>>
>>18163348
DEPENDS WHAT PANTS YOU ARE PAIRING THEM WITH
1 1/4 FOR JEANS
1 OR A BIT SMALLER FOR CHINOS AND TROUSERS AND SHIT
GENERALLY ONCE YOU ROUND YOUR WARDROBE OUT YOULL WANT A THICK AND A THIN BELT BOTH IN BLACK AND BROWN. FOR NOW THE SMALLER SIZE IS PROBABLY MORE VERSATILE WITH YOUR WARDROBE IF YOU POST IN HERE.
>>
>>18162511
i got an rei equivalent from the same era for like 50 bux on etsy
>>
>>18162500
LL Bean, I'd assume.

>>18163363
based cruise controller
>>
>>18162083
>>18163363

I have a couple pair of ranger mocs, they're incredibly versatile and comfortable. I much prefer the lug sole to the flatter sole on most boat shoes, really helps with inclement weather and feel more comfortable than a flat sole for me. They generally have more eyelets than boat shoes as well so I can lace them tighter.
>>
File: IMG_20240629_191558062~2.jpg (590 KB, 1632x2411)
590 KB
590 KB JPG
>>18163402
Many ranger mocs are Goodyear welted meaning when the sole wears out you can put a new one on. Kind of a moot point for me, I have so many pairs of shoes at this point it will be years before any soles wear down enough to need replacing.
>>
File: 1719718203754.jpg (309 KB, 1200x1379)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
thoughts on the LL Bean Norwegian birdseye sweaters? I believe the quality is still pretty good but are they /tip/?
>>
>>18163412
Classic piece, I spent a ton of time waiting to find a good deal on the classic rayon blend one. I really like how it fits but holy god almighty is it itchy. Had some moms chat me up at a tailgate because it reminded them of their college days
>>
>>18162864
i already own a ribbed fisherman knit by inverallan that fits perfectly. i was thinking about the plain shetland sweaters. they always seem off measurement wise. i have a short torso and long arms so pretty much the opposite cut for my body type :D
>>
Type 1, 2, or 3 denim jacket?
>>
>>18163773
Type 3
Type 1 is full larpcore
Type 2 only looks good on fat boomers
Spend some time looking at the cuts of different repro type 3s, some of the most common pattern tweaks vs the originals are a longer torso and slimmer sleeves. I think the sugar cane type 3s are reasonably close to the original patterns.
>>
>>18163726
Anon, unless its cashmere, any wool sweater is going to be uncomfortable on the skin. Youre supposed to wear a shirt underneath.
>>
>>18163790
There is a huge difference between lambswool or new wool and generic whatever wool.
Also proper marino is super soft.
That said there sure is a damn lot of scratchy wool out there
>>
>>18163827
True, there is merino.
I have some high quality lambs wool and the difference is noticeable but its still not completely comfortable on the skin.
>>
>>18163950
enough with that fucking fuddlore dumbass
you think the wool industry has not innovated in that problem in the last century? because it did, and you'd be right down unlucky (or a shitty buyer) to find a *scratchy* pullover in 2024
>>
>>18163953
I made the mistake of spending $70 on a wool beanie from Dehen 1920 thinking buying made in usa would be nice. Shit is absolutely unbearable is so fucking itchy.
>No returns on hats thanks fag
My 18 year old merino beanie made in Portugal is silk in comparison.
On that note i wouldn't recommend buying anything from Dehen since they specifically said they processed the wool for their beanies to be extra soft compared to their jackets and other wool shit.
>>
>>18163961
>miusa anything
My condolences
>>
>>18163984
The only good MiUSA I've ever experienced are New Balance sweatpants and sneakers.
>>
>>18163994
I ordered some MIusa NB sneakers a few years ago when they were still doing custom color way ordering.
Uppers had a nice splat of glue on one from the edge of the sole and there was a card in the box telling me my shoes were handmade by Manuel
>>
>>18162106
Just buy some Vans authentics. Whenever I wear my beat up vans, beat up jeans and a beat up cheap oxford the preppy girls and ladies look me over and/or chat me up. Am a total pleb so not much more than a fun night ever comes out of it, but still.
>>
>>18164007
Vans guy here. The only pair that fell apart after a month was some Anaheim Factory bullshit. I'll take the made in china stuff please.
>>
>>18163953
I have no clue what "fuddlore" is supposed to mean, i was talking about new products ive bought from scotland.
>>
>>18164007
Almost anything made in the US these days will be made by Hispanic or asian immigrants
>>
>>18162103
>>18162106
sperry cvo but also >>18164012
>>
>>18164023
No shit, whites think they are above factory/manufacturing work. They all want to be either software people or influencers
>>
>>18164056
I looked at local factory openings the pther week.
12 hour shifts in a 90°f room ( the listing specifically says it is over 80% humidity) throwing paper and cardboard into a shredder at a paper mill, 6pm to 6am shifts available, starts at $18 an hour.
Thrid shift in a dye mill, starts at $17 an hour (minimum wage is $16)
Unmolding injection molded silicone, probably dildos or some shit, $17 and hour, second shift
Tearing down and cleaning grow rooms after cannabis harvest, must be able to lift 75 to 100lbs consistently, $18hr
No shit nobody wants to do that garbage
>>
File: 4532355.jpg (287 KB, 2000x2250)
287 KB
287 KB JPG
Recommendations for a casual loafer for everyday wear with jeans/chinos? Thinking $200 max
>>
File: 6302024.jpg (2.92 MB, 1920x2400)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB JPG
>>18164263
If you're ok with buying used, you can get pretty much any brand you want for less than 200.

Your options shrink dramatically if $200 is your limit. If you can save up a little more and go to 300 you can get Meermin, Grant Stone, Beckett Simonon, Allen Edmonds on sale, Ranncourt, etc.

>>18164078
It depends on the job, the refinery I work at starts at $31.50/hr, and I don't live in a high cost of living area. Alot of these jobs work 12hr shifts so you get money through overtime. $19/hr gives you 1,330 a week for a 60hr week, comes out to $69k a year. Not great, but not terrible if you don't have any real skills or education. If it's a union gig that may be the base pay but most jobs are structured that once you get experience and move up, the pay increases. Years ago I worked at a place that was 19/hr to start but got to 25 once you gained experience.

>>18163412
>but are they /tip/?

Absolutely. They are fantastic and rank up there with Irish cableknit fisherman sweaters, submariner turtlenecks, and shetland wool pullovers for great cold weather options.
>>
going to montauk next weekend, gonna devour some chicken tenders at surf shack
>>
File: file.png (322 KB, 640x359)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
Best place to buy OCBD for mid range prices? Like $40-70?
>>
>>18164310
Lmao 40-70 isn't mid range bro, that's literally bottom of the barrel
>>
File: FO5rjL_XoAQEPzi.jfif.jpg (185 KB, 1284x1268)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
>>18164310
S&M
https://www.spierandmackay.com/collection/the-oxford-shop
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (256 KB, 758x951)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
Bought this off the Cavour sale. I think it has a 70's vibe that I really like, and I always wanted a "summer tweed".
>>
File: IMG_2004.jpg (1.74 MB, 2500x3125)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB JPG
>>18164263
Has anyone tried the GH Bass soft leather line? According to their website they are full grain and only cost 230€.
>>
>>18152976
What's the poor man's version of Brunello Cucinelli shoes? I'm UK based and not keen on international delivery
>>
File: rip shoe.jpg (1.88 MB, 3024x4032)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
Can I remedy this? Can a cobbler? Is it over for me?
>>
>>18164655
A cobbler can conceal it by glueing something on it and polishing. Nothing will bring it to it's original state tho.
>>
>>18164655
>Can I remedy this? Can a cobbler?
Absolutely! Get the closest shade of this to your shoe:

Saphir Beaute du Cuir Beaute du Cuir Renovating Cream 25 ml https://a.co/d/08MLDmVa

Apply a controlled amount using something like a qtip, build the gash up till it's even with the rest of the leather. If you fuck up and go too high, use the gentlest sandpaper you can find to even it out with the surrounding leather. Let it set for a day, then apply some shoe polish/wax/cream, shine your shoe and the problem is solved.
>>
>>18164655
>>18164702
While you're at it,get an edge dressing like this:

https://www.allenedmonds.com/product/heel-dressing-3022361

It will cover the scuffs to the edges of your shoe, give it a rich black color and look new again.
>>
>>18164646
>Brunello Cucinelli
Fuck off with this Italian sexcore LARP shit
>>
>>18164741
Well, do you have any recommendations for half-decent oxfords, moccasins, brogues, etc that I can get for 100 bongbucks give or take 50? Why do you call it sexcore?
>>
>>18164750
I'm afraid there aren't many good choices that budget at all, it becomes a game of trying to pick the least worst from a very bad bunch. I'm in UK myself. The problem is that beyond the lowest levels, the choice isn't great at all. I'd probably just take a look at Loake or Sanders. Ideally, the 1880 line which is considered entry level for good shoes but if you're struggling that much then you can consider the cheaper range I suppose for decent looking, though not quality shoes. I believe there are some cheaper Spanish shoemaker brands which are supposed to be half decent too, I forget the names of these so maybe someone else can post them. I suppose you might also find something at Clarks. Failing that, anything at that budget will generally be the same low quality shoe so just take a look around at all the usual fast fashion shops and buy what you like the look of and what looks closest to the more expensive items you can't really afford. Italian clothing brands are just very sexcore leaning by nature, in both the styling (favouring slimmer cuts and dusty colour palettes) and material sense. There is a greater emphasis on being chic, very fine, delicate, and can look a little artificial imo so it's not wonder that it's trending on TikTok along with the quiet luxury tripe.
>>
File: IMG_8627.jpg (298 KB, 1170x1503)
298 KB
298 KB JPG
>>18164263
ralph lauren for under 200
>>
>>18164741
Calm down incel
>>
File: file.png (190 KB, 500x667)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
>>18164762
Thanks, I'll look into all of these.
>Italian clothing brands are just very sexcore leaning by nature, in both the styling (favouring slimmer cuts and dusty colour palettes) and material sense. There is a greater emphasis on being chic, very fine, delicate, and can look a little artificial imo so it's not wonder that it's trending on TikTok along with the quiet luxury tripe.
This actually makes a lot of sense. I imagine Italian style requires a high budget wardrobe to pull off well. That being said these Massimo Dutti suede deck shoes look pretty good and inoffensive to me. Might get since they're on sale.
>>
File: hackett .jpg (279 KB, 1179x1528)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
Thoughts?
>>
File: 1719868221298.jpg (75 KB, 1080x1080)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
Anyone tried the oxfords from The Armory?
https://www.thearmoury.com/products/oxford-cloth-button-down-isaac-shirt?variant=40133642682439
>>
>>18164310
ebay
>>
Should I get an m65 jacket
>>
File: 1719876451674.jpg (38 KB, 500x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>18165134
Yes, get the repro taxi driver one from toys mccoys
http://toys-mccoy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=174961036
>>
File: 1719877967743.jpg (54 KB, 700x700)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Are these too slim?
Retailer photo no a fit pic
>>
>>18165146
Looks on point
>>
>>18165146
not at all
>>18164977
good high rise on the trousers. inoffensive lapels. depends on if you like the look of the structured shoulders and tapered legs.
>>18164334
i dont see what your proclivities in the leather club have to do with anything
>>
>>18157629
>I've got 41" chest and 31" waist
Nice taper, but I have no idea how you can stand wearing small shirts with a 41" chest.
I'm 40"/31" and go with slim medium talls (which are almost always a bit too short in the sleeves). Smalls would drive me nuts and ride up into my pits.
>>18157875
Is that their extra slim?
>41.5"chest/35.5" waist
That should be their normal fit.
>>
File: 1719942274966.jpg (100 KB, 1200x1379)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
Okay help a brother out
So the LL bean traditional fit OCBDs are big an billowy right?
So im 5'8" and skinny, should i still order based on measurements or size down or what?
>>
Fuck my ass there isn't a single fucking brand with size 15 ocbds in stock right now for less then $150 a pop
>>
>>18165863
1. Just save up, and get a better job. Quality > quantity.
2. thicken up ur neck bruh, it's more aesthetic to have a bit of a thicker neck and not be stuck in giraffemode.
>>
>>18166040
I went to a clothier looking for size 14 1/2 shirts and the guy said he was that size as a young man but did neck exercises to grow it and fit in bigger shirts. I had no idea there were neck specific exercises.
>>
File: 1526418675730.gif (3.89 MB, 200x200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB GIF
>>18166048
You must not workout then. It's 2024 dog, get it together. Literally just take a 10 lb plate, lay down on a bench, and to neck curls with the plate on your forehead. Wear a beanie if you want. Start with a 5lb plate if you're as frail as you make yourself sound. Takes months to gain an inch, but an inch is a lot for that part of your body. Also do exercises for your traps to keep that part of your body in proportionate.
>>
File: 1719958412928.png (888 KB, 2003x2048)
888 KB
888 KB PNG
I ordered a few different cuts of the j crew broken in oxford shirts since they are on sale to see if they are any good. Got the classic and relaxed fit, im sure you are all dying to hear what i think of them.
>>
>>18166067
No giant fit?
>>
>>18163404
mocs are the best. How many pairs is too many, because I have too many
>>
>>18166210
I have zero room to talk, I went from having a pair of loafers to roughly a dozen in a six month period.
>>
>>18166247
What do you have and which are your faves? I just picked up two pairs of yuketens, the sales were too tempting
>>
>>18166293
I have Allen Edmonds, Alden, Ranncourt, and a bunch of vintage miUSA/Italy Cole Haan, Johnston Murphy, Sebago and LL Bean.

My Sebagos are my favorite, they fit my feet perfectly and the unlined pair is fantastic for the summer. My Allen Edmonds are second, I have the Randolph model but it's tasseled and I've come to realize I'm not a huge fan of tassels. I'm looking for more of that model in regular penny loafer style, the fit is as good as the Sebago for my foot.

Loafers are so hit and miss depending on your foot, my Aldens don't fit as well as the Cole Haan loafers I have.
>>
>>18166207
>No giant fit?
Weren't on sale, looking at them they use a slightly heavier fabric and skip the aggressive softening wash so they probably look a bit more classic. I assumed the giant fit would be a contemporary oversized shirt fashion fit but they at least claim it's based on archive shirt cuts. Anyway for basically the same price i can get made to order shirts from spier and mackay (or made to measure for an extra $20) and I'd rather do that.
>>
>>18166067
>>18166207
>>18166371

Thanks anons, I've been looking for a cheap black oxford. I can't tell from the pics, can anyone tell me how long the collar points are? Hopefully they're at least 3 inches, for the price I'm not expecting too much. I've been looking for a black OCBD and a dark blue, something lighter than navy so it's obvious from a distance that it's blue not black
>>
>>18166373
Why would you ever need a black button up shirt? They're high school prom tier and look like shit anon, just looking out for you
>>
Any suggestions for OCBDs in the €100-€200 range? No logos and I need slim fit to not look ridiculous.
>>
>>18163162
Not yet.
>inb4 good, they're horrible
>>
>>18166557
>Any suggestions for OCBDs in the €100-€200 range? No logos and I need slim fit to not look ridiculous.
https://kamakurashirts.com/collections/vintage-ivy
They also do a "tokyo slim fit" and a "new york slim fit". Measure some shirts you own and figure out what cut works for you.
>>
>>18166321
Do you have a photo of the sebagos? They sound nice
>>
>>18163402
>>18163404
Just bought a pair of these for my trip to France and Italy this summer, check shipping date
>9/20
What the fuck, how does it take almost 3 fucking months to ship shoes? I'll be back from my trip by then
>>
>>18166925
Here's the unlined pair
>>
>>18166925
>>18167159
Here's my other pair of Sebagos, this one's a bit beefier
>>
>>18166373
>black
This is /tip/, buddy
>>
>>18167753
Low test reply
>>
>>18167159
>>18167163
These are going in my folder.
>>
>>18167765
Low /tip/ reply
>>
>>18167765
Black OCBD or button up shirts in general are for children without taste, it's embarrassing
>>
>>18166373
Are you a waiter?
>>
>>18167996
Can you prove this objectively?
>>
File: 4325435341.jpg (7 KB, 201x251)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Are driver loafers practical for everyday wear?
>>
>>18168012
yes, except the rubber will wear 100 times faster than a leather sole on a normal loafer would
>>
do driving loafers actually exist specifically to wear while driving so you don't fuck up your nice shoes or is that a meme fake history people just repeat on the Internet?
>>
File: 1720126218212.jpg (309 KB, 1200x1379)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
I know this is a retard tier question but what fuckig socks am i supposed to be wearing with pennyloafers and chinos?
What color?
Any good sites to buy them? Preferably that dont cost $30 a pair
LL bean has "everyday chino socks" but only in black and dark grey
>>
File: 1720127721171.jpg (246 KB, 1440x1760)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
The ivy style guy said he really likes these Bronson chinos but fuck me i think they are too powerful.
Size 30 has a 13" rise and a 18.9" leg opening
On the plus side they are a fairly accurate repo of the 1942 army officer chino in an 11.5 oz cotton drill fabric
>>
>>18168079
in Italy they were quickly popular among the rich, which took off elsewhere too but then started to gradually get less common, afaik people who have classic cars with a small cockpit still swear by them
>>
>>18168107
anything really, though any type of ankle sock apart from fully invisible is considered a blunder by most. Just treat them as you would a tie, or pick a color from another item your wearing, a shade off your trousers/shoes/shirt w/e. Get creative or pick a safe option, only thing that automatically looks shit (imo) is same shade as the shoe especially unless it has a pattern black+black being the exception
>>
Looking to get my first pair of loafers with a budget of around $300 CAD. Leaning towards dark brown or black - I feel that those are the most versatile (i.e. could pull off with any colour of trousers).

Any input?
>>
>>18168156
don't forget to think about the different toe boxes eg. gucci round will look better with a wider range of clothing than extended more classically formal ones, for brands I can't really help you as I'm european but here I'd probably get a spanish brand like carmina for that budget if that's available to you
>>
>>18168166
I recently bought a pair of Berwick oxfords, which also come from Spain. I had considered Carmina at that time, but Berwick seemed to be the better value option. Do you happen to have any experience with Berwick? I never hear Berwick mentioned much in these threads
>>
File: 1720130212725.jpg (73 KB, 1080x1080)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
>>18168156
Kind of depends on what look you are going for.
Sebago has some options around that price
https://sebago-usa.com/collections/mens-loafers
Beckett Simonon has a few models but they are more euro looking, look at reviews im sure there are some on reddit to make sure the quality is good.
https://www.beckettsimonon.com/products/lambert-loafers?_pos=4&_psq=Loafers&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Rancourt is solidly in the $350 range but makes nice very classically new england style loafers
https://www.rancourtandcompany.com/collections/loafers
Grant stone makes a few pairs but they are also in the $350 range and made in CHI-NUH, quality is supposed to be solid
https://www.grantstoneshoes.com/collections/loafers
>>
>>18168173
I think I'm on my 3rd pair of venetian loafers by berwick, but have never owned anything else made by them. Their oxfords seemed fine to me based on seeing them in a store, it's their other lines like derbies that seem a bit clumpy which is probably why people talk about the brand less, they're close behind their local competition
>>
>>18168141
I agree, they are too powerful. Get a pair that's a little more sensible.
>>
>Every non-tailored jacket other than wax jackets are just ultimate plebswear and destroy outfits
I don't want to wear the sports jacket!
>>
>be me
>6 foot 1'
>just ordered 4 shirts from kamakura on the japanese site, had my wife take my measurements for shoulders, neck and sleeves
>size 16 was the closest so I went with that
>now reading /tip/ archives
>anons keep talking about how kamakura is for manlets
It's too late to do anything now, but I hope these are long enough. I don't see anything about the length of the shirt on their sizing guide. I have a long back too. Is it ogre?
>>
File: spatsfrometsy.png (602 KB, 753x500)
602 KB
602 KB PNG
Do these look good? I just bought them for like 123 bucks from a tailor in France as a gift to my father (we'll share them), we will pair them with grey/brown tweed trousers and black shoes. I need some validation for my purchase lmao
>>
>>18168755
I just checked, it shows the lengths of different sizes quite clearly on their sizing chart. Not sure how you missed that.
>>
>>18168761
is your father a pilgrim
>>
>>18168817
the fact of the matter is, anon, that I am fairly retarded and I thought that those measurements were for leg length for pants. But I think it will be fine, i measured 81cm (length for size 16) on myself and it reaches from around the base of my neck down to the middle of my butt.

Unrelated: can we be honest with ourselves and admit that these outfits look clownish from the waist down?
>>
>>18168761
Doug tier
>>
>>18168755
>kamakura is for manlets
The tokyo fit shirts are for manlets
The new York fit and ivy series shirts are more white people sized
>>
>>18168835
>Unrelated: can we be honest with ourselves and admit that these outfits look clownish from the waist down?
Seems like a shitpost an not something worn seriously
It clearly looks shit but you can see in the pic they are all laughing about how ridiculous it is
>>
File: spatsfrometsyunder.png (325 KB, 638x640)
325 KB
325 KB PNG
>>18168875
>>18168835
do the spats look retarded, or is it a bold but fashionable option? i want a serious response
>>
>>18168932
Doug tier
>>
>>18168755
You're about to get a valuable lesson in how shirts are cut and why charts don't give the full story.

I'm 6'3, ordered a 16.5, dimensions looked great and I figured I had room to spare. My shoulders aren't broad by any means, in fact I'd say they're narrow. The shirt came in, length for body and sleeves was fine, neck felt fine, chest and waist were fine, but I can barely move my arms. If I try and raise my arms past horizontal it feels incredibly restrictive. Basically the height and size of the armhole plays a big part, and you can't get that info from a size chart. There's also more at play with how the shoulder is cut, I'm going to butcher this explanation but the length across may be fine but there's just not a lot of fabric at the top to give it depth or width if that makes any sense.

I've been working on losing weight, so I figured ok, maybe when I'm less fat then shirt would fit better. I'm down from 235 to around 185, I have more room in the chest and waist and it's still tight in the shoulders.

The reality is that despite what size charts say, different brands cut shirts differently, and not all cuts work for all people. It's the same with Spier&Mackay slim cuts, on paper I have plenty of room but I get that same restrictive and uncomfortable feeling. Zero issue with Oconell's, Mercer, Gitman, BB, Luciano Barbera, etc.

If they come in and you feel the same tightness, send them back, they will never feel the way you want them to.
>>
>>18168932
This looks like something the guys from gentleman's gazette would own
>>
>>18168932
Bro they have transcended retarded and entered clownish shit post territory. If you were wearing them for some event like the Met Gala where it mixes formal with avante garde and it's a one time thing, sure, it could absolutely work if you're larping as a Hunger Games villain. If I understand your post correctly you'd be wearing them frequently and trying to make them work with tweed. No. Just no.

Just because a fabric is used to make a sport coat doesn't make it formal. Think of tweed as a functional, workman fabric much like denim, moleskin, corduroy, etc. You're trying to pair something that's both formal and massively antiquated with clothing that was intended to be worn while hunting. Imagine pairing opera pumps with a pair of camo pants from Carhartt, that's roughly what you're doing.

So no, they won't work, it's a bad idea and people will laugh at you.
>>
File: polaina.png (188 KB, 218x351)
188 KB
188 KB PNG
>>18168964
Okay. Honestly I kinda have a fetish for old men and spats look really senile in an attractive way which is why I bought it for my boyfriend, but I earnestly really love how they look and now I unironically think that outfits without them look kinda naked. I mean it actually provides a nice little "bright" part down there to compliment your white gloves and white shirt if you know what I mean. I got the idea of wearing them from watching the 1959 classic "Some Like it Hot" set in 1929 with a gangster villain named "Spats" who wears them
>>
File: spatsinspo.png (206 KB, 344x450)
206 KB
206 KB PNG
>>18168995
>>
>>18168995
First you said you bought them for your dad and yourself to share, now they're for your boyfriend. Please try and be consistent when you shit post, it's more entertaining.

If you're being serious, you bought an article of clothing that has been out of style for nearly 100 years and was worn formally when it was in style,and now want someone to wear them informally. Look at the attire in the picture you provided, they're going to look ridiculous in 99 out of 100 fits.
>>
File: 07052024.jpg (3.47 MB, 1920x2400)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
Trying out a silk/cotton trousers because it's disgustingly hot today. I'm pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they are
>>
>>18169086
He's not my father dad, he's my daddy dad. I think you guys are just hating, just because it dropped out of common use a long time ago doesn't mean it is top hat tier, it still looks elegant and sleek.
>>
>>18169094
Im jelly.
>>
File: 1720205880978.jpg (138 KB, 1200x1379)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
Are the ll bean classic fit chinos any good?
I want to get some cheaper higher waisted chinos to figure out sizing before i start importing non returnable shit from japan.
>>
>>18168761
>>18168932
>>18168995
>>18168997
>>18169139
Bring back Doug, I don't like whatever this is
>>
>>18169158
Absolutely. Make sure and get the all cotton ones, they still have a rise between 12-13 inches at most sizes and fit very well.
You can also try Bronson officer chinos for an even higher rise at the same price and quality level.
>>
>>18169139
You asked for opinions, you got them. Not my problem you don't like them, now kindly fuck off back to the lgbt board you degenerate troon.
>>
>>18169186
Thanks
>>
>>18168956
thanks anon, I guess I'll just have to wait and see how they fit in person. I bought them through japanrabbit so there is no returning them.
>>
>>18169332
>Bought them through Japan rabbit
Well at least you only paid ~$60 a piece for them + shipping and proxy fees
>>
>>18169334
yeah it was $340 for four ocbds and a tie, plus however much they charge me to send the lot to the states. All told i reckon it will be a little under 400, minus 50 something for the tie... so it's closer to 80-90 per shirt depending on how many you get.
>>
What are the arguments for leather versus rubber soles on oxfords and loafers. Is it a real concern that the leather sole will wear-down quickly? The lone fact that the rubber sole looks like shit makes me inclined to get all my shoes with leather soles - am I missing something?
>>
>>18169380
>Is it a real concern that the leather sole will wear-down quickly?
Or course,they wear down sometimes in less than a year of regular use
>>
>>18169380
on top of wearing out they're stiffer too, which can be a problem for loafers especially (heel slip etc)
personally I just get mine half soled for the pairs that might need it and avoid factory rubber usually
>>
I frequently see Spier & Mackay recommended for great value OCBD shirts, but are the sports coats/suits deemed to be worthwhile? I am considering the following options:
1) Off the rack and tailoring
or
2) Made to measure

Given my measurements of 42" chest and 32" waist, I am uncertain whether tailoring an off the rack sportscoat would be tenable/appropriate. My concern with ordering made to measure is that if the fit is sus (e.g. arm holes cut weird), I cannot return it.

My alternative option would be going to my local menswear shop for sportscoats priced at 2-3x S&M prices (the only benefit being I that I can be confident that the fit is fine + they also offer made to measure if desired).
>>
>>18169380
>>18169383
>>18169385
just realized I never thought of this myself, kek. I think it's still fine. They're a casual shoe that'll last forever. 100 bucks a year is basically the cost of a nice looking pair of sneakers. If you get to the end of it and decide you hate it, then you can always throw on a rubber sole.

I like the rubber heel though, that's probably something I'll do.
>>
>>18166407
>>18167753
>>18167996
>>18167998

nta but I think black shirts can looks great, they just don't do well in trad styles.
Here's an example of what I mean, the black shirt looks great here and it doesn't look high school or a waiter
>>
>>18168141
this looks like an absolute mess at the bottom, jesus
>>
File: 20240618_174117.jpg (146 KB, 1836x3264)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>18169181
are you sure you want that
>>
>>18169417
Looks like total shit

verification not required
>>
>>18169186
>that rise
would i be safe getting the same size i get in jeans then?
>>
>>18169437
You are trying too hard to fit in
>>
File: 1720243985206.png (963 KB, 1647x2048)
963 KB
963 KB PNG
lol Amazon wrf are you doing?
They are strech, 63% Polyester, 33% Viscose, 4% Other Fibers
>>
File: 1720244210588.png (687 KB, 926x2048)
687 KB
687 KB PNG
lolol
The Amazon essentials OCBD
In strech fabric of course
Gotta love that they use a wheely boy for the product photos
>>
File: 1720244327834.png (630 KB, 2048x1574)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
>>18169627
>>
>>18169446
And he's still right
>>
>>18169399
I have a couple RTW sportjackets by them. The quality is alright, but I dont plan on buying any more RTW jackets from them because i realized i dont like the italian style wide/curved lapels most of them have.
For MTM, you should be able to ask them some questions about fit to avoid surprises.
>>
>>18168141
I mean you can see right there on the model that the rise is flattering and not urkel-tier.
>>
File: 56fcg.jpg (12 KB, 258x245)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>18169629
>>18169627
>>18169623
>>
>>18169399
>are the sports coats/suits deemed to be worthwhile?
Pretty sure all their suits and sportcoats are darted and have side vents
>>
>>18170101
This is true, meaning they are not /tip/. The prices are competitive for half-canvas ($300 or less on sale) though
>>
File: 1720291381600.jpg (127 KB, 1500x1366)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
What is the most /tip/ underwear choice? White 100% cotton breifs?
Or is some kind of modern modal or tencel or merino blend considered an acceptable concession for higher performance?
>>
>>18170143
most /tip/ choice is probably whatever since no one should ever see them unless you're getting naked lol - but probably classic cotton boxers, and if you're wearing light linen pants peach color anything is the best
>>
File: 1720297471387.jpg (175 KB, 2048x2328)
175 KB
175 KB JPG
>>18170222
>Classic cotton boxers
Loose fitting? Hmm
Do boxers predate breifs?
>>
>>18170225
they do narrowingly but in general classic cotton boxers to me just naturally match classical menswear way beyond anything else, I used to personally hate them because the wrinkled inner waistband almost hurt after a long day, but nowadays you can find ones with the same smooth band as other underwear
>>
>>18170225
also yes, you want a loose fit as they're 100% cotton and they might be restrictive and uncomfortable otherwise
>>
>>18170240
>>18170244
Thanks for the non shit post answers.
Yeah if i can find ones with the flat knit wastebands that seems much more comfortable.
Do you have to bleach yours? I'm just wondering if im going to get ballsweat stains
>>
>>18170264
most of mine are colored or patterned, but the white ones don't seem to fade or stain any faster than shirts at least for me.
I actually just bought a few multipacks from PRL earlier this year as I noticed while in their store that theirs have the smooth inner band while maintaining the classical wrinkly waist on the outerside, but I don't know if that's the same for all of them or just some
>>
File: 1720305509595.jpg (326 KB, 1320x1616)
326 KB
326 KB JPG
>>18170274
> I noticed while in their store that theirs have the smooth inner band while maintaining the classical wrinkly waist on the outerside
Deepest lore
I should find someone locally who can monogram all my underwear
>>
>>18170143
As much as I delve into autistic levels of obsession for this shit, underwear is the one thing I'm not messing with.
For me, boxer briefs massively outperform briefs or boxers, I am looking into upgrading to merino wool because my balls deserve life's finest. It's currently 101 degrees here and I will do anything to mitigate swamp nuts. Currently using Gold Bond(the green one with extra menthol) and it's amazing. It's also really handy for your shoes too.
>>
>>18170321
>am looking into upgrading to merino wool because my balls deserve life's finest
Look for companies that use Merino wool threads with w nylon core, should be no more then 15-20% nylon max and the rest merino.
The nylon massively increases the durability and arguably improves the moisture wicking properties. Again you want nylon core threads, not a general blend like the smartwool shit that's only 25% wool.
Icebreaker is supposed to make some good ones .
Rei co-op also sells their own branded ones that are a pretty decent deal if you pay the $40 or whatever to join the co-op
https://www.rei.com/product/207905/rei-co-op-merino-boxer-briefs-mens
https://www.icebreaker.com/en-us/mens-underwear
I think the ones from ridge merino are pretty good too, i know they make some great merino shirts
https://www.ridgemerino.com/collections/merino-underwear-mens
>>
>>18169417
no, this looks bad too
>>
File: 1720307036396.png (340 KB, 1640x2048)
340 KB
340 KB PNG
Well ill be dammed, somebody is making whiteish merino wool undershirts.
>>
>>18170330
I always hear recommendations for this brand, but their prices are absurd
>>
File: 1720331644129.jpg (62 KB, 1200x1600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
Thoughts on the proper cloth OCBDs?
I like their customization options more then spier and mackay.
>>
I'm looking for a menswear store I forget the name of. I think the guy who runs it is from the Southern US? I've seen it a few times around on Permanent Style or other blogs. Any ideas?
>>
>>18170801
Ben Silver?
>>
File: 1720370366601.jpg (1.21 MB, 900x1200)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>18170480
Camel hair cardigans...
>>
File: 1720374832166.jpg (99 KB, 550x410)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
Anyone have a guide for hemming trousers in this style with a cuff?
My wife is a seamstress but she doesn't usually do menswear and it's not clear to me how this particular look is achieved.
>>
File: 1720378720697.jpg (60 KB, 550x378)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>18171080
Also should i hem khakis the same way or is this for trousers only?
Im referencing this post
https://oxfordclothbuttondown.com/2014/01/cuff-no-break/
>>
>>18171145
>hem khakis
*Should i hem chinos the same way or just trousers?
>>
>>18153276
>>18153411
its a barbour just go up a size its supposed to be big
>>
>>18160415
if you tighten the laces the strip of lace that goes all the way around the shoe will tighten on your ankle - thats why its there
>>
>>18171148
some high end italian brands like briglia and berwich sometimes make mock trouser type chinos with leg hem that way, but it's defintiely not the norm, so I guess if the chinos are the more formal type then why not
>>
File: 1720406819498.jpg (226 KB, 700x700)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
Don't forget to grab a nice hand loomed bleeding madras shirt from oconnels
>>
File: 1720407450318.jpg (752 KB, 1667x2500)
752 KB
752 KB JPG
Or a popover for the memes
https://indi-and-ash.com/grownups/ss-cedar-shirt-vegetable-madras

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.