[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mcqueen.jpg (84 KB, 500x538)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
I think I'm gonna give up and just wear t-shirts and sweatpants for the rest of my life. I buy clothes I think will look good and then I put them on and I have no idea. Maybe it looks good. Maybe I look like a massive fucking dweeb. I don't know. I usually lean towards thinking the latter, then I'm too afraid to wear it. How do you know whether something looks good or not? My only good clothes come from the brief period where I had a girlfriend and she told me what she liked, but I started putting on muscle and now those clothes too small. I got the next size up and they look too big. Or maybe they fit fine. I don't know. I wore a pair of jeans for years before a buddy finally told me they made me look a little gay. Apparently it was something to do with the combination of the color and the cut and the fit. I was walking around like that for years and no one told me. Sometimes I put on button downs and look in the mirror and I look closer to a child trying to play dress up rather than a real adult. I don't think I'm cut out for this fashion thing.
>>
if you don't trust your taste yet, why don't you go see a stylist? surely they can help you find stuff that would look good on you. you could also go shop with friends. it's actually quite fun imo
at the end of the day though, fashion is about feeling confident. you can wear the most fashionable items, but if you don't feel right wearing it, you won't pull it off. maybe you need to work on your confidence and self image. you seem to speak really harshly about yourself
>>
>>18161187
>I think I'm gonna give up and just wear t-shirts and sweatpants for the rest of my life
Good, low tier men should just accept they belong to the lowest echelons of society and dress accordingly.
>>
>>18161187
Homie Post a picture of yourself rn block your face out and lets see.... lets see the fits.... If the fits dont work we will tell u. but that doesnt mean u just just give up on fashion U just need to realize what doesnt work make tweaks buy the better and right stuff and u will be rolling. U got this.
>>
>those clothes too small. I got the next size up and they look too big.
get into classic menswear and tailoring, you can be a lot more exact with sizes and measurements
>Sometimes I put on button downs and look in the mirror and I look closer to a child trying to play dress up rather than a real adult.
did you tuck them in?
>>
>>18161187
SWEATPANTS ARE DISGUSTING IF YOU WANT TO DO THIS IN A MUCH MORE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE WAY JUST DO TEE SHIRT + RAW DENIM OR TEE SHIRT + FATIGUES BOTH ARE A LOT MORE SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE THAN SOME RATTY WORN OUT SWEATPANTS.
I GO ENTIRE YEARS NOT GIVING A FUCK ABOUT FASHION DRESSING THAT WAY.
>>
HOW TO GIVE UP ON FASHION BUT STILL OUT DRESS (CASUAL) 90% OF YOUR PEERS FOR MEN WITH NO CHOICES:

STEP 1 BUY SOME TEES THAT AREN'T SHIT (250-300G/M2, TRIPLE NEEDLE COLLAR)
STEP 2 GO ON https://www.denimio.com/en_US/home/ AND BUY A NORMAL FITTING PAIR OF JEANS THEN GET THEM HEMMED
STEP 3 GO ON EBAY AND BUY A SURPLUS PAIR OF OG-107 FATIGUES
STEP 4 GO ON EBAY OR ETSY AND BUY A CHEAP VEG TAN FULL GRAIN BELT
YOU WILL EVENTUALLY NEED A SWEATER, JACKET, BUT THAT'S ABOUT IT.
>>
The problem is society unironically. Part of looking good is looking good per the environment and context, but the environment is always fucked up and shitty and the context is always retarded and lame so there’s no way to look good. That’s basically what all those schizos are intuiting when you see them donning their outfits, or “fits”, in New York or wherever. It’s a total schizophrenic mess out there.

If you ask me, the best strategies are to go full /trad/, athleisure (basically giving up and wearing sweatpants), or just stop caring and do whatever you like (want to wear cargos with a dress shirt? Go for it).

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.