[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712413116306674.jpg (300 KB, 1045x699)
300 KB
300 KB JPG
Marbling Owns edition

Last: https://warosu.org/fa/thread/18175530
>>
File: 1690595005640353.jpg (312 KB, 2000x2000)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
in case anon didn't see the replies to his post:

>>18175566
>I got a bunch of white lines on my new denim despite washing and drying them inside out. They are barely visible anymore (i had to add filters in the image) but fun thing is, i reached out to the store to see what they though and they said its part of the charm.

>>18175656
>washing machine marbling. you actually see it a lot on vintage pairs. its considered desirable to some people even. one of my pairs has a few marbling lines i don't mind it. i try to avoid it happening but if it happens i'm not upset or anything. after some fading you'll hardly or not even see them if they're above the knee.
>if you wish to avoid in the future here's some tips: turn off the spin cycle, time the wash and pull your jeans out before the spin cycle starts, front loaders are less likely to marble jeans than center agitator machines & finally if they are going to go through a spin cycle it helps to toss some towels (color may bleed to them) in with the jeans.

>>18175566
>Dryer does that. That's why i usually hang dry jeans that are designed to fade

your post made me decide to marble a pair of jeans on purpose let's go. trip report: the $10 rustler jeans fabric marbled pretty good, my other jeans i tried it on didn't, if anyone wants a cheap fabric its known to work on to experiment with too. mine are the black ones i'm sure indigo'd be even better.
>>
File: 1695134473413587.jpg (521 KB, 2000x2000)
521 KB
521 KB JPG
wabi sabi
>>
File: 1697545856726942.jpg (423 KB, 1333x2000)
423 KB
423 KB JPG
both the crinkle and the sharp crease lines are marbling. some people try to only get the crinkles, some people try to get both, and some people hate it. not all fabrics get the crinkles and the degree to which it does depends on the fabric. from my searching around on sufu last night tender & co has the most insane marbling. denime and tcb are pretty good. pbj has some fabrics that marble like crazy too. i'm sure there's more that's just what stood out to me right away looking through old superdenim posts for an hour.
>>
What is the best denim brand that isn't super expensive and won't make me look like THAT ONE denim redditor?
Also why are many of these wapanese brands so low rise?
>>
I have worn my red tornados for 7 months, almost daily, without washing them. They have never been washed. I may never wash them.

AMA
>>
>>18175974
What are red tornadoes?
>>
>>18175976
jeans
>>
>>18175974
>I may never wash them.
Why?
I hope you at leas hang them over a fan at night so they gat airflow and don't sit wet and crumpled on the floor. I also hope you cold soak / hang dry in the sun occasionally.
I think i went 6-8 months of almost daily wear without washing several times with jap denim in college and i guess the massive contrast is cool but if you aren't very careful about hanging then over a box fan at night they get disgusting.
>>
File: 1700671628753213.jpg (3.47 MB, 4296x2016)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
>>18175974
every other day for 8 years before washing. loading semi's the first half, building houses with my friend the second half. then i washed them and they've been in 'wear em once every couple weeks' rotation for 9 years since then. more than 5 but less than 10 washes in this pic i lost count.
they didn't smell the first time i washed them. i attribute it to airing them out every other day, the pnw climate, and always wearing wool underwear.
>>
>>18176019
hasn't been replicated yet and was done by university students but earlier this year there was a study that showed the bacteria count on freshly washed and 1 year no wash jeans is basically the same. indigo dye synthetic or natural is very antimicrobial. still want to wash for the sake of salt sweats building up inside the yarns and causing blow outs. i would only go as many years not washing as i did on jeans that fit relaxed enough that blow outs are non issue. its been observed by denimfags for a long time that just giving jeans some uv exposure and air flow aka hanging them in the sun for a day or two removes most/all smell.
>>
File: Wr.png (472 KB, 938x2257)
472 KB
472 KB PNG
>>18175952
Wrangler. You don't need anything else. Cheap and durable.
>>
>>18175952
wrangler 13mwz or rustler straight fit for high rise + straight fit
wrangler 47mwz or red tornado ww2 model for medium rise + straight fit
wrangler 31mwz or rustler relaxed fit for high rise + relaxed fit
red tornado 55501 for mid rise + relaxed fit
- rustler+wrangler models come in raw, 1 wash, black 1 wash, and several different stone washes. red tornado is raw only -- just wash them every week or two and they'll look like farmer jeans not reddit jeans in no time.
- rustler is a sister company of wrangler the fits are all the exact same, the difference is just fabric+details. wranglers have broken twill 14.5oz denim and western style visible rivets. rustlers are 15oz right hand twill denim, they have bar tacks everywhere wranglers have rivets, and they over all have a more workweary vibe.
all walmart supercenters carry all the rustler washes except the raw ones and they are $14.88 or some shit they can't be beat for beaters if the fit works. kino to know if you're ever in the middle of nowhere and need cheap pants.
>>
>>18176066
Dumb question, which rustler are the raw ones? I can't find a website that says "raw" just various names of the colors. I've looked on walmart, amazon, Google, various farm stores and I'm stumped.
>>
>>18176089
not dumb at all. "rigid" is the one you want. looks like they're out of stock in every fit except boot cut so it doesn't show up. its most likely based on the wrangler cowboy cut 945 boot jean.
>>
>>18175932
Why did the last thread get deleted
>>
>>18176066
You can get the 13mwz on Amazon in Europe for €40-€50 by the way, still absolutely worth it. The fit is so much better than Levis if you're athletic.
>>
>>18175934
those look epic
>>
File: 1710476333051300.jpg (493 KB, 2000x2000)
493 KB
493 KB JPG
>>18176283
here they are from the back.
pic's stolen from the superfuture tender & co thread.
>>
File: 1693862991487627.jpg (476 KB, 2000x2000)
476 KB
476 KB JPG
side
>>
>>18176243
if they would put the leather patch back on and i didn't know how much they cost i'd pay up to $100 for them. i'd pay the standard entry-mid level selvedge jeans of $200-250 if they went back to mitusa+same fabric but usa cotton even if it was the cheaper low grade usa upland cotton.

i found out about them ages ago when i was a kid. was gonna help the local paintball field grade some land then hit the mud puddles in some atv's. teenage me was pleasantly surprised to find that the $8 jeans from wal mart had a lot in common with the couple of selvedge pairs i had. i still have that pair of rustlers almost 20yr later... as shredded up jorts.
>>
Need recs of selvedge denim, 12-15oz range, and HIGH rise. Not "higher rise", not "sits near hips", I mean high fucking rise
budget is up to 350 but preferably would like 250
brand doesn't matter as long as it's known for quality. i'm trying to get some jeans and have them for years
>>
File: IMG_3929.jpg (577 KB, 1067x1212)
577 KB
577 KB JPG
>>18177576
Something like this?
>>
>>18177637
What pants are those?
>>
File: IMG_3931.jpg (204 KB, 620x905)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>18177641
Its the classical world war 2 model. These are made by Resolute but pleanty of other brands make similar jeans, just google some japanese denim brand and they will likely have a WWII model featuring a high waist and slim-straight legs

Pic rel is Sugar cane and co.’s ”1947” model that is another favourite amongst many, featuring a high waist (they come in a variety of different colours)
>>
I never wash my denim for the first year, I just soak them in water for an hour every two weeks or so.
>>
>>18177729
Gross
>>
>>18177576
i got a pasta for you
>brands/models that are relaxed/wide leg and also (actually) high rise. i consider an ideal high rise around 13 inches. a lot of jeans that say they're high rise from japan aren't imo. i'm not counting 11 inch rise stuff. incomplete list.
>ciano farmer = viapiana > soso for custom jeans
>one piece of rock (seem to do the highest rise i've seen)
>evisu japan lot 2001 <-- insanely underrated fit
>mister freedom (various cuts)
>sugarcane (various cuts)
>tcb 20s/30s/40s
>ooe yofukuten (various cuts)
>real mccoy's lot 900s
>warehouse (various cuts, duck digger is their repro line)
>graph zero (various cuts)
>freewheelers (various)
>the flat head 3004 (prly the best cut that isn't a full on repro jean)
>dawson <-- europe brand

>>18177706
i don't consider sugar cane 1947's high rise they're a mid rise. a lot of jap brands call like 10" high rise which it just isn't its mid rise. good jeans though.

>>18177730
>gross
myth.
indigo is very antimicrobial. there was a study this year showing there's no measurable difference in bacteria count on jeans worn for 1 day and jeans worn for 1 year without a wash.
>>
>>18177729
soaking doesn't actually wash anything without agitation. the water looks dirty because the starch in the jeans reacts with the indigo creating that dirty yellow color look it up.
>>
File: 58317466-2683253274.jpg (76 KB, 800x534)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>18177741
Sweaty, microbes aren't the only gross things in your jeans. Every time you sweat you excrete a ton of metabolic waste along with excess water, urea and salts. Those disgusting things keep getting absorbed into the fabric of your jeans over the days, weeks and months and stink it up.
>>
>>18175925
any recs for jeans for men with a skinny wait but fat thighs and calves? literally have never had one that fit me good i've always had to use a belt that i drilled holes into. preferably ones that are easy to get in europe
>>
File: 1715975923513715.jpg (1.27 MB, 4127x2922)
1.27 MB
1.27 MB JPG
>>18177760
REPRO JEANS WITH A BACK CINCH. SPECIFICALLY 1920'S AND 1930'S PATTERNS. THEY ALREADY HAVE BIG THIGHS THEN ONTOP OF THAT YOU CAN SIZE UP A BIT ON THE WAIST AND STILL WEAR THEM UNBELTED BECAUSE JEANS FROM THAT ERA HAD A BACK CINCH FOR EXACTLY THIS REASON.

IF YOU WANT SOMETHING LESS OLD TIMEY CHECK OUT EVISU LOT 2001. IT HAS ENORMOUS THIGHS AND AN AGGRESSIVELY TAPERED WAIST. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PAINTED GULLS ON THE BACK POCKETS YOU CAN FIND THEM WITHOUT GULLS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO PROXY FROM JAPAN THOUGH.

ALL THESE JEANS HAVE BASICALLY NO TAPER SMOKE STACK FIT THROUGH THE ENTIRE LEG. IF YOU WANT A TAPER JUST ALTER IT THEY'RE ALL VIABLE BLANK SLATES. REMEMBER TO TELL THE GUY TO TAILOR FROM THE INSEAM NOT THE OUTSEAM THEY USUALLY DEFAULT TO THE OUTSEAM WHICH WILL FUCK YOUR SELVEDGE UP.
>>
>>18177759
you are correct about salt accumulation but the reason to be worried about it is because it embeds itself inside the yarn and causes your jeans to blow out. the salts don't smell. urea doesn't have a smell either.

i have jeans i did labor in for 8 years >>18176050 without a wash in and they never smelled even a little bit. i would have washed them if they did. climate matters a lot for these sort of things. if i lived in a warm humid place where my jeans can never fully dry out it'd be a different story. perhaps that has something to do with your experience?
>>
>>18177759
>urea
that's the not gross part of pee. its good for your skin and doesn't smell. i have to cover 50% of my body in it every day for a skin condition.
the chemicals that smell like ammonia are all volatile as shit and evaporate if you air them out.
if you wear wool underwear and live below 80% humidity its impossible for blue jeans to smell. black jeans are another story.
>>
File: IMG_3936.jpg (1.34 MB, 2348x3345)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>18177741
Hmm maybe its because i have them in corduroy fabric or something. Because when i wear them they cover my belly button: which i would say marks a high rise.

But yeah, i’ve heard from many that its their nr 1

>>18177576
Also, check out Orslows ”Dad fit” jeans. Thats a high waist for sure and they look mad comfortable. Not selvage though
>>
>>18177824
the size chart on self edge i looked at might be wrong because now that you say it they don't look like a medium rise to me.
orslow 101 fit is kino i've recced it to several irl friends.
>>
>>18177706
utterly unfashionable garbage and the pic is AI generated I hate shit like this
>>
>>18177760
this post is specifically written about having a small waist compared to your thighs:
https://almostvintagestyle.com/2021/08/17/how-to-buy-raw-denim-sizing-your-jeans/
>>
File: IMG_3889.jpg (152 KB, 496x257)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
>>18177839
Just admit youre a racist piece of shit
>>
File: 1700991875168589.jpg (39 KB, 600x600)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>18177889
>>
File: 1714779086722721.jpg (23 KB, 323x320)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
fuck yeah i'm racist
want to know what made me racist?
when i was 8 years old my friend who my parents babysat every day went missing. she was staying at the only black girl at our school's house. it turns out her brother was a crip who just got released from a 10 year prison sentence for shooting at random cars from a hwy 520 overpass. he showed up at the little girls' sleepover party and abducted all 3 of them including his own little sister and sold them to another gang member who forced all 3 onto heroin and meth and prostituted them. one died, my friend escaped at 19 and turned into a bull dyke then a ftm, and i don't know what happened to his sister.
how do i benefit from allowing these people as guests into my home (country) and also financially subsidizing their existence (the average black person is a net $860,000 burden on taxes, the average white man pays over $220,000 directly into the pockets of a nigger during his lifetime)
they can't even pretend to be thankful for the insane amount of tolerance and generosity we have shown them.

the difference is my racism is founded in legitimate grievances you have no answer for while yours are founded in blaming me for your own inadequacies.

>cries about racism.
>has racist shit about my ethnicity ready to go on his hard drive.
its such cowardly and feminine avoidant bitch behavior. why should i care about being racist towards a group of people who openly don't even remotely try to hide that they hate me for the color of my skin and want me dead myself.
>>
File: 1692795460680631.jpg (64 KB, 500x671)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
and don't try that 'muh cherry picking' 'muh bad apple' bullshit i've lived in a few hoods barrios and projects.
>>
>>18177910
All of that could just as easily be blamed by the unjust socio-economical structures in our society. But im guessing its easier to just blame all blacks for what one guy did, right?
>>
>>18177889
>>18177904
>>18177910
>>18177917
>>18177924
>>>/pol/
>>
>>18176341
>>18176345

Lose weight, wtf
Nothing will look good on you if you're skinny fat
>>
>>18177637
These look good yeah, something that high
>>
File: 1715664983863082.jpg (20 KB, 333x500)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>18177924
no. it really can't be. his family was richer than mine they lived in a >$1,000,000 home.
you act like the average black guy is a god fearing, hard working guy just like me who's trying his best but the white man is keeping him down. and that the gangbanger, the guy who'll rob you for your nikes that don't even fit him, and the guy who'll break into your car or rob your house are a super ultra rare exception to the rule.

it's actually the other way around.
everyone knows this.
do you really think you're going to convince someone who's been The Only White Guy In The Hood?

the black guy named kevin who lives in the suburbs and speaks plain english and acts like a white guy and sells you weed is the exception to the rule. kevin's a cool guy. i get down with kevin.
for every kevin there's 100,000 tyrones. if you actually meet and get to know kevin he doesn't like tyrone either. he hates niggers more than me. the first thing most black people do if they get money is they move as far away from other niggers as humanly possible.

>muh socioeconomic factors
here's a black serial killer who tried to abduct my aunt behind a wendy's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Russell_(serial_killer)
my dad stopped him and whooped his monkey ass. years later he found out the guy was a serial killer known for killing girls in bellevue and leaving them in dumpsters.
he was raised by extremely rich multi multi multi millionaire mercer island jews, one a high profile attorney and the other a doctor.
>>
>>18177924
what kind of a disgusting human being reads that story and their take away is "how do i twist this to make the guy who abducted and raped children look like the victim"

his parents were early microsoft investors. he had an insanely privileged life in a rich suburb in a gated community.
>>
>>18177924
what unjust socio economic factors are involved in growing up in a mansion with a tennis court and a indoor pool in what was at the time the lowest crime city in the country?
>>
>>18177824
unironically beautiful damn
>>
>>18176066
Is the rustler relaxed the same cut as the 31mwz? Cause those are my best fitting pants by an insane margin and rustler has more washes and colors than wrangler in the fit
>>
File: 1699532645440163.jpg (2.72 MB, 3713x2484)
2.72 MB
2.72 MB JPG
can anyone with a pair of 31mwz measure the front rise and tell me their tag size for the anon i'm about to reply to?

>>18178327
all the rustler fits are the same fit as the cowboy cut line of jeans. 99% sure its 31mz 1% it might be 47mwz. i bought my pops a pair but i'd feel weird asking him to measure the cock on his jeans for me.

fabric wise rigid's the raw one, its been out of stock for a minute everywhere last i checked. going rate's like 25bux on ebay for dead stock and vintage pairs. raws are online only. oh yeah that reminds me they did selvedge rustlers and shit like black x undyed weft in the 80's i've seen dead stock pairs pop up on ebay for like $30-50.

the rustler fabric is 15oz, right hand twill, loose weave with large yarns. the large yarns give it the same kind of soft blurred looking fades you get from the broken twill wrangler fabric. it likes to pucker when washed or exposed to heat.
the raw indigo is several shades darker and dyed deeper than the wrangler raws are. more standard of a dye job.
the 'coal black' one is sulfur dyed 1 wash so they fade.
and the dark stone is dark enough to basically fade like raws. starting off with stone wash and treating them like raws can look sick in the long run if you like soft vintage fades -- real slow evo especially if you don't do manual labor all day though.
sry if this is info overload.
>>
>can anyone with a pair of 31mwz
sorry i mean a pair of rustler relaxed fits
i know some of you niggers have a pair
>>
oh bro i'm a retard it would have spandex in it if it was based on 47mwz. its 31mwz. 100%. if you live near a walmart they stock them at every location if you wanna check to be totally sure. i'll eat my hat if they're not.
>>
>>18178361
Nah I appreciate the denim 'tism. I haven't had any luck with deadstock anything, but I'm also a common waist size so everything that pops up is either too big or too small. There's a Walmart supercenter pretty close to me so I'll pop by later today to see if they have relaxed rustlers. Only really interested in black since my 31mwz have indigo covered
>>
yup all looks like shit
thanks for playing larpers
>>
File: IMG_0945.jpg (49 KB, 1000x500)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
I own two pairs of Iron Heart jeans but I buy nice shit to fill the hole i have in myself and it never works. nice jeans tho i guess
>>
File: CG500.jpg (695 KB, 1824x1494)
695 KB
695 KB JPG
>>18178945
Try building something to fill the hole inside you, instead of consooming endlessly. Get a creative hobby like wood working, pottery, sculpting, painting, or even sewing. Buy a sewing machine and start sewing your own denim clothes and such in the designs of your choice. Maybe even sell your creations online and make some money.
>>
I'm going to Japan soon, where should I go in Tokyo to sample some of the JAPANESE RAW DENIM? I want to go to the Iron Heart Shop in Hachioji, but is there anything else closer to the centre? Also compared to the EU, will the prices be cheaper in Japan? I know Iron Heart has a discount for Japanese but will they force me to show my passport to prevent me from getting tha Nihonjin discount?
>>
File: 1715809596984179.jpg (33 KB, 392x459)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>18178945
Maybe you should KYS that'll solve so much of your problems.
>>
>>18176051
But smells don't only come from bacteria (do they). In any case, I can confirm that jeans can start to smell. From sweat, or from sitting in your favorite chair for 6 hours a day. They will develop a stink after maybe a month.
>>
>>18179248
I dont think you get a discount if you are Japanese, they are just cheaper in Japan. Also your US dollars will go way firther in Japan right now, so you actually get them cheaper than Japanese people. Isn't that neat?
>>
The only Levi's I have ever worn are 510s and 511s. So I was surprised to find out that all 501s have a button fly, including the shorts. Not the end of the world I think they fit well otherwise, a couple inches above the knee for me. I might patch up the prerips though so it doesn't fall apart as fast
>>
>>18179387
Walmart didn't have anything in relaxed so I ordered 2 pair off of Amazon for about $30 total. One in dark tint, which looks like a slate-blue stonewash arriving in a few hours and one in black arriving tomorrow.

Gonna be so pissed if they fit better than my piles of Japanese denim folded 10000 times
>>
>>18179487
So they're not 1:1 31mwz. The rear waistband sits lower and isn't as contoured so in my case there's some gap in the back on the rustlers that isn't there in the 31s. They also have 5 belt loops which is expected but a bit annoying bc how much harder could it be to tack 2 more on, especially seeing as it's a work jean and those 2 extra loops help a ton when you're moving around all day

That said everything else is spot on. The seat and leg are perfect- basically unbranded wrangler butt- and I'm legitimately dumbfounded at how the most bottom barrel American denim manufacturer can nail an athletic fit better than any high end selvedge company
>>
I pretty much exclusively wear raw denim and I just copped a pair of Julius gas mask cargos which are raw denim and I didn’t even know until they got here. Sick
>>
after wanting a pair for months, i finally just bought my first pair of selvedge. went for n&f weird guys in night shade. should be here on friday. hoping they fit well.
>>
got 517s for $30 and I am happy with how they fit, are there bootcuts that are better in terms of a price/quality ratio?
>>
>>18175934
Nice floors
>>
>>18180594
517s are pretty great. Afaik they've mostly avoided the fashionisation of Levi's and are still decent work jeans. Other similar jeans are rustler's boot cut which is raw and about $12 or Wrangler 935
>>
>>18180558
the weird guy fit after the update they did to it a year or 2 ago is really dialed in now. its one of my favorite regular-taper fits.

>>18180594
thats a very good price/qual ratio. 517's a good fit.
here's some other options:
rustler boot cut rigid (walmart.com exclusive) (regular fit boot cut with slight flare)
wrangler 945 boot jean (same fit as above)
wrangler 935nav (slim in seat and thigh, more dramatic flare to same leg opening as the above two)
the wrangler ones are basically the same value as the ones you got. the dye job on them is dramatically different too so its p easy to justify having both if you wear bootcuts a lot.
and the rustler boot cuts are just hands down the best value jeans in existence lol. its hard to beat 14 dollars for a solid pair of raws in cowboy cut fit.
>>
>>18180602
wrangler 945 boot jean too its the same fit as the rustler boot cuts
>>
>>18180594
more unfashionable garbage that looks like it reeks of ammonia kys dude so sick of mall shit
>>
>>18180621
Post jeans
>>
>>18180621
the poorfaggery is frustrating but you gotta let them take their babby steps before they get into the actually good stuff. my first introduction to japanese denim was in a mall in 2006 and i still have those jeans in rotation lol.
the only poorfag brand that gets a pass is wrangler. if they went back to leather patch and mitusa i would pay japanese selvedge prices for them no prob. one of the best fits i've worn in 20 years of selvedgefagging and living right next to blueowl and trying basically everything they get on. simple as.
>>
>>18180708
can you posts reccs instead of being an pretentious asshole. I dont want to pull the trigger on ONI denim if It costs $200-300 and i cant even try it on before hand
>>
>>18180727
i'm not trying to be pretentious. i started the wrangler cowboy cut meme and i didn't intend for it to turn into this cheap jeans expensive jeans turf war. cringey from all involved.

>can you posts reccs
ya sure gotta know a bit about what you want first though. blind recs aren't too useful.
fit is everything with jeans. have you been measured before? first rec is go buy a flexible tape and get your measurements before ever spending $200 on jeans. measurements and a pic showing knee to waist will help me a lot.
do you already own a pair of jeans you really like the fit on? if so post em or what they are. and their measurements (size charts for a new pair wont be accurate denim changes over time)
what's your personal style? slimmer? straight? traditional? modern? /tip/? etc.

lurk superdenim they have the best taste in jeans of any community https://supertalk.superfuture.com/forum/22-superdenim/
or ig or /r/rawdenim i don't think they have as good of taste but there's way more post volume about modern type fits on there.
come back to me with an idea of what you like. post some jeans and brands that stand out to you so i can know what you're into. i'm a 'bit of everything, wear every kind of fit' guy myself. which is the worst to be its expensive.
>>
>>18180727
What kind of jeans are you looking for and do you have any non stretch pants that fit you well that you can measure?
>>
Should I get APC or N&F?
Don't need your overpriced Japanese meme denim
>>
File: img_2868-compressed.jpg (1.91 MB, 2333x1555)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB JPG
>>18180763
My Momotaro 405s fit 1000x better than either of my pair of APC
>>
File: img_2866-compressed.jpg (1.28 MB, 1989x1326)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>18180768
I wore these every day for about 2 years until they got a hole in the crotch
>>
File: img_2871-compressed.jpg (2.08 MB, 2333x1555)
2.08 MB
2.08 MB JPG
>>18180772
I have a second pair that has about 1/4 of the fades but I washed them like 10 times so they’re almost as light. About 6 months wear on my Momotaro I love them. Never had any issues with the crotch or having to pull them up. Inseam is longer for better stacking and fit is all around better
>>
File: 1712648129936855.jpg (2.13 MB, 3322x2688)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>18180763
momotaro does that type of fit way better. seconding the other reply. better cut in the seat and upper block. their skinny fits don't crush your nuts and their back pockets have better size/placement.
https://momotaro-jeans.com/fit-guide

they have a budget line called japan blue that offers jeans priced the same as n&f give or take. pic related my JB0101's from when they launched the brand.
everyday for ~4 years did construction and a lot of hiking in them, swam in them a few times. slow faders from their very deep dye job. zero blowouts. i can and have done the splits in them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.