[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1692646093220236.jpg (514 KB, 1500x2000)
514 KB
514 KB JPG
What else gets better, instead of worse every time you wear & wash it? Things that just last forever.
>>
>>18181075
No clothes will last forever. Shoes even if resoled constantly will eventually break down. Jeans will develop holes and bacteria will rot it away. Shirts will fray,etc
>>
File: 1691607135706985.jpg (3.47 MB, 4296x2016)
3.47 MB
3.47 MB JPG
>>18181086
>Jeans will develop holes
Only holes in the crotch or full seat blowouts can be problematic but those are only a problem for skinny jeans & easy to fix if you repair it early.
You can have holes in jeans machine darned professionally and you will never tell a hole ever existed.
Or you can sashiko patch them which I think makes them look even better than before they had the hole.
Options for any preference.
Here's some of my jeans that have been in rotation for 19 years, for 8 of it they were worn every day loading semi's, pouring concrete, roofing houses, flooring houses, ditch digging, landscaping and hardscape etc etc. The only hole in them is a tiny tiny blowout on the tip of one of the crotch whiskers. I think they will last for at least 50 years in rotation, i only wear them casually once or twice a month now.

>and bacteria will rot it away
Only black jeans. Indigo whether synthetic or natural is one of the most antimicrobial substances that exists. Salt and grit accumulation is a problem though, they can crystallize inside the fibers. Avoidable by washing regularly.
>>
File: leatherjacket.png (708 KB, 776x857)
708 KB
708 KB PNG
>>
>>18181100
Why do low tier men always have this one pair of jeans they are completely obsessed over kek
>>
Waxed canvas jackets, linen pants if properly taken care of, tshirts if only soak washed. I really struggle to think of anything more. Perhaps work clothes getting sun bleached.
>>18181086
Gee thanks captain obvious, Couldn't have done it without you.
>>
>>18181195
>Calls others low tier men
>Crawls 4chan posting about low tier men incessantly
Pot calling the kettle black. High tier men wouldn't even bother posting what you did. And every man with a pair of balls has a favorite pair of jeans.
>>
>>18181195
i have like idk 50 pairs of jeans i'm obessed with. used to have about 80-100 but i donated a bunch to my friend's store's fade wall. those ones got me into selvedge back in 2006.
>>
>>18181202
>Gee thanks captain obvious, Couldn't have done it without you.
Corny ass nerd reply lmao. Go back
>>
>>18181229
post one of your corny ass nerd fits
>>
>>18181229
>Akshually nothing lasts forever
Better now?
>>
>>18181075
MID TIER OR BETTER OXFORD SHIRTS GET SOFTER AND A LOT NICER WITH WEAR AND WASHES AS LONG AS THERE ISN'T ANY STRETCH IN THEM.
SAME FOR ANYTHING LINEN THAT ISN'T A BLEND REALLY. THAT SCRATCHY SHIRT MIGHT NOT BE AFTER 20 OR 30 WASHES.
WABASH AGES BEAUTIFULLY BUT TECHNICALLY THATS A DENIM TOO.
>>
>MID TIER OR BETTER OXFORD SHIRTS GET SOFTER AND
THAT'S ALSO WHY I TEND TO BUY THEM VINTAGE INSTEAD OF NEW. COLLAR ROLLS HAVE GOTTEN BETTER IN MODERN TIMES BUT CONSTRUCTION AND MATERIAL HAS GOTTEN WORSE, AND ALL THE BRANDS THAT ARE NOW IMPORTED DIDN'T USED TO BE.
JUST BE SURE TO OWN A FABRIC SHAVER IF YOU BUY VINTAGE OXFORDS THERE MIGHT BE PILLING BUT ITS AN EASY FIX.
>>
>>18181209
dont reply to it

https://warosu.org/fa/?task=search&ghost=false&search_text=Why+do+low+tier+men
>>
>>18181703
oh hey my effort post teaching fat guys how to dress well showed up in the middle of that faggot's spam on your archive link. thanks anon, i've been looking for that thread so i can link it whenever someone asks that question.
https://warosu.org/fa/thread/18159912
>>
>>18181075
Denim, an OCBD, anything leather (as long as it's taken care of), waxed canvas (can be rewaxed, and canvas is durable as fuck)
>>
Jeans
>>
>>18181252
kek
>>
>>18181721
Yeah, I have button down shirts from like my teenage years. My dad has some that are older than me. They last much longer than t-shirts.
>>
>>18184970
oxford cloth is such a strong fabric, it pretty much lasts forever as long as you take care of it
>>
>>18186013
only tears and bad stains can really can fuck it up. holes can be invisibly patched with some skill and pilling can be shaved off if it accumulates too much. i always get vintage oxford > new oxfords unless its really nice jap stuff cause the fits are better the vintage stuff is always made in 1st world and the fabric already has a few decades of getting softened up and broken in.
>>
>>18186024
you ever heard of kamakura? it's japanese made OCBDs with vintage fit options for decent (though bidenflation hurt them) prices
>>
>>18186035
heard of em here and there haven't copped. 150 a shirt's about avg for me that's fine. you're saying i should? yes i do definitely like vintage fit or slightly trim fits. how's their collar?
>>
>>18181075
>iron marks
ruined
>>
>>18186100
It's called patina.
>>
>>18186052
>how's their collar?
Large, rolling and unfused
>>
>>18186273
the shiny ones are from being ironed and not part of a desirable patina
>>
>>18186100
What kind of a faggot irons his denim jacket?
>>
>>18186330
You're a fucking retard and you're so stupid I genuinely can't tell if I'm replying to bait or not
>>
>>18186100
>>18186649
thats just the fabric puckering from shrinking & marbling from the washing machine, vintage jeans had a lot of it so some denim makers specifically try to make their fabrics have that effect when you wash them.
>>
>>18186753
nah hes not retarded on black denim ironing fucks with the dye and it has a similar appearance to marbling. very easy to mistake.
if you ever iron black denim do it from the inside out or better yet put a towel or something between the denim and iron!
but i don't think that's happening here.
>>
>>18186776
Who on earth irons denim? The whole appeal is you can wear it for weeks straight without having to put in any effort.
>>
>>18186834
i do not believe that jacket's been ironed. that all looks like surface wear from the washing machine and the crinkle comes from exposure to water some denims do it some don't i think it has to do with the amount of tension in the yarn.
>>
>>18181191
I'm looking for a leather jacket. Any recommendations?
>>
>>18181218
I understand you denimbrother
>>
>>18186776
No one is ironing their denim jackets you fucking retarded mongoloid
>>
File: IMG_8999.jpg (2.73 MB, 4032x3024)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB JPG
waxed cotton
>>
>>18186841
A leather jacket
>>
>>18186841
A2
>>
linen/flax starts off shitty usually but improves with age and is pretty durable for the fabric weight.
same for hemp. but few brands make 100% hemp that isn't too scratchy for more than just outerwear. naked & famous did some rather soft non blend jeans with hemp a while ago though so it is possible.
>>
>>18186776
Thanks for the tip!

>>18186834
As a city worker, I need someway to clean the subway funk off my jeans. If I can’t wash away the homeless juice, at least I can iron it.
>>
>>18189582
>homeless funk
stick to blue jeans over black ones. the dye in indigo jeans is one of the more antimicrobal substances known to man. no difference if its synthetic or natural indigo dye both are.
>>
>>18181075
>What else gets better, instead of worse every time you wear & wash it?
Oxford shirts 100% cotton ofc

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.