[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: hermit.jpg (263 KB, 1297x1600)
263 KB
263 KB JPG
Clothes are not natural. It digs between the legs, it's awful in summer and sticks when you sweat. It's a constant, annoying distraction.
I spent one period of my life wearing a fucking duvet because it's the only comfortable thing, now I wear towels because they don't get in the way of everything. Can't wear that shit outside though. The weather's never cold enough to dress up but shorts look lame.

I'm about to come out of my hermit hole and finally re-enter civilization. What am I supposed to wear? Do I dress in desert robes like I'm in the Sahara? Do I buy this shit off a site like "samsensoryclothing" for 10x what it'd cost from a chinese sweatshop and wear those plain-ass clothes that just aren't quite a perfect fit?
Underwear, socks, shorts, leggings, shirts, everything. It's all such a hassle. I've never enjoyed wearing clothes in my life and the few clothes I'm fine with wearing are decaying and falling to bits leaving me with only clothes that leave me feeling uncomfortable.

Please tell me someone else has the same issue. You're all autists, hypersensory nonsense must be common. Do I look for cotton and avoid synthetics? How do I achieve COMFY?
>>
>>18183773
>digs between the legs, it's awful in summer and sticks when you sw
Lose weight
>How do I achieve COMFY?
You sound like an absolute redditor. Go back and take your meds (and get a job sperg)

Won't read the rest of your retarded rambling, quit yapping and put the fries in the bag nerd
>>
>>18183773
Have you ever considered monkmaxxing?
>I've never enjoyed wearing clothes in my life and the few clothes I'm fine with wearing are decaying and falling to bits leaving me with only clothes that leave me feeling uncomfortable.
What kind of clothes did you wear before?
>>
>>18183773
>I'm about to come out of my hermit hole and finally re-enter civilization
what, are your parents finally forcing your fat naked ass out of their basement?
>>
>>18183780
>What kind of clothes did you wear before?
T-shirt, shorts. Boxers.
Anything loose. Tight leggings are somehow 'okay' but jeans are rigid and awful. Though, with tight-fitting clothes, I'm worried it might actually leave a rash at the joints.

I either need tight-fitting clothes with a fabric that has absolutely zero chafe or else just very loose clothes. Maybe the hippies were onto something.
>>
>>18183773
Athletic clothes. They are made to be light, handle sweat, allow movement and not be distracting. You need to try them on though as some shit is cut weird for fashion reasons but after finding a few things you can kinda see what type works for you.
>>
>>18185804
I'll start searching for that sort of thing then, thanks. I should at least try the local sportswear shop before I fall down this rabbit hole of "special needs" clothing
>>
>>18183773
>>18185911
classic menswear silhouettes 1910-1960 pick an era based on what you like and stick with it. everything's loose fitting, airy, masculine and timeless and not autistic looking especially if you have a good body. fuckloads of brands cater to it. check out styleforum's classic menswear board for menswear type stuff and superfuture's superdenim board for the workwear blue collar side of that fashion. both styles blend seamlessly with one another too so no need to commit.

>>18185804
athletic clothes are also a viable route if you're fine with everything being synthetic. look to kanye for inspiration. the best looking and most comfy way to go with this is the gorp/outdoors look but i would take advice from actual outdoors people not fashion people on that stuff.

personally i switch up between classic menswear, period workwear, and gorp/athletic clothes every couple years. comfortable and fashionable and my fits are suited to my climate.
>>
File: 1702660957473019.jpg (504 KB, 1800x1160)
504 KB
504 KB JPG
>but jeans are rigid and awful.
before you write things off learn about textile a bit more.
look into pre war repro jeans they're mostly made with light weight soft fabrics not rugged stiff heavy weight ones like modern type brands are. some brands do use fabrics like that on repro jeans but any of the brands that cater to historical accuracy won't. look for brands that offer unsanforized 1 wash jeans they aren't starchy and stiff brand new. https://misterfreedom.com/products/raiders-fatigues-2x1-army-denim
these are airier and softer than linen pants and any chinos in a non standard weave pattern. for example.
>>
I'll keep that stuff in mind, I'm heading out today/tomorrow. Shame that the sports shop is all surely synthetic / cheap stuff but maybe I'll find something good. I'd damn well blow a thousand buckeroos for some good clothes if it ships in Europe.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.