[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1719730347406600.png (96 KB, 367x321)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
I'm back to school in 2 weeks at 25 with other people my age and realized I have no wardrobe because I was a sperg who always wore the same shitty clothes + covid online classes
how tf am I supposed to know what clothes to buy and wear?
help me anons, I need a new wardrobe!
>>
just build a capsule wardrobe, in your case I would start with a cyanide capsule
>>
>>18247435
I’d prioritize focusing on fit (proportions) and then color coordination. People who are stylish understand these concepts and create their own outfits and style based on this.

In my opinion, the one thing that immediately makes an outfit bad is if the person has no idea what cut of pants/jeans to wear that looks best on their body. A lot of people (zillenials) will by default opt for slim cut pants, but most of the time it looks like shit. Go to a department or thrift store and start trying on different cuts of a standard Levi’s 501. You want to have some relaxation in the thighs and to make sure that the rise on the jeans is not going to be too low for your ass (pic related). The amount of taper from the knee to the hem is up to your preference, but having a very minimal amount of taper is typically what looks most classic whereas having a strong taper makes you look like an aging millennial. Also, consider the Rule of Thirds. It looks aesthetically pleasing if your pants and shoes take up the bottom 2/3 of your proportions and the top takes up the remaining 1/3 of your body length. This is why a lot of people will opt for a high rise Jean and then tuck the shirt in.

The top and sneakers you wear will need to have some level of color coordination. It’s usually safe to wear mostly plain or muted colors with only one article of clothing being more vibrant. It’s all about balance. For example, you could wear a pair of jeans, black converse, olive green flannel with a white tee underneath. The black is a plain color, the denim and green flannel match, and the white is another plain color but it helps to be that one vibrant color that helps to pop out more.

This isn’t the only way to style your outfits, but it’s certainly a good safe bet to have as a starting point.
>>
>>18247463
do I only have to wear jeans though
also what about the shoes?

I mean, I have no problem picking the top, the problems are the pants and shoes
>>
>>18247478
No you don’t only have to wear jeans. Chinos are always a great option as well as a pair of trousers if you’re trying to go for a more prep look. That said, jeans will typically be a safe bet for a more casual look, and if you’re trying to fit in with your younger piers than you may just want to start there. If you want to incorporate trousers or chinos, start with a regular pair of khaki colored ones. It’s usually a tad bit easier to color coordinate with khaki pants. In my opinion, it looks pretty good to cuff a pair of chinos with some converse high tops. If you want to wear sweaters, go for crewnecks only.

The younger crowd will always have an attraction toward trends, but if you can manage to collect a wardrobe of some well-proportioned classic pieces, e.g. Levi’s 501, straight fit chinos, converse high tops, various button up shirts/flannels, crewneck sweaters, puffer jacket, etc., you will always be looked at as having great style despite not getting caught up in trends.
>>
>>18247463
>and to make sure that the rise on the jeans is not going to be too low for your ass (pic related)
generally good post but avoid absolutes and "universal" advice.
for instance if you tell a pear shape guy to wear high rise and go for rule of thirds to emphasize his curves he's going to look ~BREEDABLE~
mid rise looks best on most men. high rise looks best on rectangle/trapezoid/V torsos.
>>
>>18247514
You're right, thanks for catching that. I should have also mentioned that its worth maintaining a good physical exercise routine. Being overweight makes it infinitely more difficult to proportion your fits and to look good in anything at all. This isn't to say that being a beefcake is the goal, but even widening your shoulder span, growing your neck, and losing belly fat will make you look way better in a well-coordinated outfit. Its basically why everyone fucking creams their pants whenever they see a picture of Jeremy Allen White wearing a white tshirt. He's got a great physique.
>>
>>18247435
1. Dark coloured chinos
2. Check shirts in dark colours
3. Some decent fisherman’s sweaters
4. A pair of brown boots

I was in your situation two years ago. Once you’ve got a basic wardrobe together invest in one good wool coat if you live somewhere with decently cold winters.
>>
>>18249557
When I say dark colours I don’t mean dress in all black like some weird totalitarian larper getup, I mean muted and inoffensive. When bright colours are used they should be tasteful and understated.

Get everything in natural materials. Will cost more but it’s worth it in the long run.
>>
White sneakers, faded black jeans, assorted t-shirts, grey college crewneck. This was my uniform in college. I wore it more than any other outfit. Despite its basic simplicity, I was better dressed than 99% of other students. If you’re in pretty good shape, handsome, good hair, groomed, it is impossible to look bad in this.

Another good go to if you go to a preppier school is blue jeans with white sneakers or brown loafers and rugby.

Throw on a classic ball cap for either if you want. The only thing you have to figure out on your own is a winter jacket.
>>
>>18249617
Also, pro-tip: all college girls want to fuck athletes and athletic men. If you’re fit, join a club sport and wear athleisure now and then.
>>
>>18249619
Ageing milllenial coded advice... DO NOT TAKE.
>>
>>18249623
Holy shit. NTA, but this is some pathetic cope, you’re likely a tranny. Imagine trying to argue that Millenials are the only ones that are into fitness
>>
>>18249619
They want to fuck d1 athletes and rich white frat boys. Not random club sport losers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.