[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726448846711.jpg (33 KB, 364x353)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Thoughts on Breton stripes?
Anyone know of any brands that make something like pic?
>>
i got one from nudie thats really nice imho
>>
File: 2495790284730592134.jpg (189 KB, 1207x1207)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>18247497
I'm really into it. Here's a few striped tops I own:

https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3041

https://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=3606

https://standardandstrange.com/products/buco-heavy-stripe-racing-jersey-white-black?_pos=51&_fid=d4cffe751&_ss=c

https://sonofastag.com/products/toys-mccoy-tmc1926-multi-border-tee-ivory-black

The thing I love about Breton stripes is that you don't really need to lean 100% into the 50s repro look. Its one of those classic american pieces that you can use for a lot of other "counterculture" type outfits. It screams punk, emo, rockabilly, or even prep
>>
>>18247497
Saint James is the definitive brand. Also, if you're not extremely handsome like the guy in your pic, they will make you look like an effete dweeb.
>>
>>18247601
>Its one of those classic american pieces
Breton stripes are as French as baguettes and berets though
>>
>>18247616
Sure, but they are just as much recognized from vintage american counterculture as they are in standard Parisian fashion.
>>
>>
>>18247604
>clothes dont matter only your face or body matters
It's cute when Rick says it because we can see that he's fit and has taste. But it sounds like incel cope from an anonymous loser on a fashion forum like you
>>
>>18247604
>>18247842
There's some truth to it in that clothes can only do so much. But I also tire of this cope. If you honestly beleive that as an absolute, why are you here?
>>
>>18247601
None of these have the collar like Dean has in the pic. I specifically want that polo collar
>>
>>18247601
Hey i have that and the brown one. Like the brown. This one I end up wearing under a flannel because it feels loud with the super snug fit. Also the stripes are nice with plaid
>>
>>18247616
Are berets french? I always was under the impression that they were a Basque country/Spanish thing
Never saw anyone wearing them when I was in northwest France.
>>
>>18247497
Pic rel. is from The Breton Shirt Co.
>>
>>18247497
>Thoughts on Breton stripes?
Too flashy, don't let your clothes lock you in!
>>
>>18247842
That's not what I'm saying at all. Clothes do matter and Breton strip shirts are clothes for effete dweebs so wearing them will make you look like one unless you're very handsome. The clothes do matter because this particular garment will accentuate your lack of masculinity. It's literally the kind of shirt that a mime wears and that's how most normalfags see it. Maybe if you live in France or Russia people will be familiar with its military history, but in the rest of the world you will be seen as trying to dress like a gay guy from a French new wave film.
>>
>>18248967
>Never saw anyone wearing them when I was in northwest France.
Try sothern France. Anyway, berets are considered old people stuff. Traditional berets are dying. Not even arthoes wear them anymore.
>>
>>18250030
retard
>>
I live in Brittany so they're fucking everywhere here. They're okay.
Armor lux is an okay brand I suppose. Any brand where it's made in Brittany is preferred I suppose
>>18247601
Those are not Breton stripes
>>
>>18250494
>Any brand where it's made in Brittany is preferred I suppose
Any reqs? Besides the one you mentioned?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.