[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are models for brands like Brunello Cucinelli and Hermes young people when their clientele are mostly retirees and old people?
>>
>>18251296
Because old people wish they were young, but you can't buy youth (yet)
>>
>>18251296
If my grandma died, and I found that scarf clearing her house, I would never think it would be worth anything at all.
>>
It's where you live. There are plenty of wealthy young people who wear expensive shit but they live in rich neighborhoods and only hang out with other rich people. Whereas in middle class areas, only older people have extra money to throw around, so that's what (You) see
>>
>>18251296
It's trustfundies and insecure old people who want to relive their youth. You never wonder why you see so many face lifts in the country club? That being said, Burberry lost most of their audience and has been trying to find a new one for a while, especially since they brought on Daniel Lee.
>>
>>18251452
so I guess its only because I am middle class lol
>>
>>18251865
This. Same reason you only ever see old, fat fucks driving Porsches unless you live in a trust fund area, yet they use young models in their adverts.
>>
File: 52offv.jpg (72 KB, 500x562)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>18251296
Because nobody wants to feel like an old fart, not even old farts. Models are supposed to your ideal look, not a mirror reflection. That's what you WANT to look like, not learn how shit you might look if those clothes are on someone who looks like you.
>>
>>18252756
then what's the point of buying those clothes if they wont make you look good lol

imagine being old and looking at a young model and thinking how good the clothes look, then you wear it and see your reflection and realize how unflattering it is on you and how old you look compared to the model wearing it

it's better to just find someone similar and see how it looks on them. if it looks good on the old person then it can make you look good too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.