[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1726772717532176m.jpg (85 KB, 1024x576)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Do you agree?
>>
>>18251860
I don't recognise those at the top. Also why is purple label varied
>>
>>18251860
i dont recognize like 90%
>>
>>18251860
500 dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ignorant bitch shieet
>>
I would beat that nerd in a zara blazer
>>
>>18251860
QRD on purple label?
>>
is this image old? I would have assumed BR is in the same category as J Crew or at most 1 below it

although I've heard that J Crew has went down in quality recently and that BR quality plummeted in like 2014? up until like 5 years ago when it has partially recovered so maybe that would make sense if the image is a few years old

putting it in the same category as H&M is just wild
>>
>>18251860
lol i remember i made an anon really angry once by saying zegna suits are entry-mid range.
>>
>>18251943
Ralph Lauren's made in Britain line
>>
>>18251860
its not great
>>18252007
>>18251862
lmao newfags
>>
>>18251991
Nope J Crew actually improved in quality a bit in the last couple years, new owners / designers
I agree BR isnt THAT bad though
>>
>>18251860
Suitsupply and Hugo Boss should not be at the same tier. Hugo Boss is overpriced mall trash, Suitsupply is one of the best in the mid-price range if their cut fits you.

Armani should be F-Tier, last time I checked them out they were offering suits with polyester for around 800€.

Also, what I don't understand is why anyone would pay thousands of euros for e.g. Kiton when you can just go bespoke at that price point.
>>
suit supply underrated
>>
>>18252193

I think it's supposed to be ranked by absolute quality, not taking into account price, so Hugo Boss's price is ignored

or at least that's the only way the ranking makes sense to me
>>
>>18251860
Not by any metric.
>>18252000
Are you sure you're not misremembering and he just said something along the lines of "you're wrong and stupid" (because you are)?
>>18252193
>Armani suits for €800
You're thinking of a diffusion line, Giorgio Armani suits are about on par with most fashion designer brand suits.
>why would someone buy a Patek watch when a Casio tells time just the same or better
Because of the perceived associations to someone who own a product of that brand.
>>
File: 20240920_112405.jpg (1.14 MB, 1209x1612)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>>18252195
>>18252193
I got this from Suitsupply, both sides tore after the second wear
>>
>>18252243
skill issue
though i havent actually bought anything there in a couple years
>>
>>18252214
>Because of the perceived associations to someone who own a product of that brand.
cant you also just enjoy the brand identity, like the clothes they make, have an interest in collecting armani, etc. i dont understand why everyone on /fa/ doesnt seem to have an actual interest in "fashion" they just want to hop on a trend or get women. you can buy clothes for yourself but no one can grasp that here
>>
>>18252243
If it was the second wear and your hips are the right size for those pants that should be covered under warranty.
It's not a good look, but something like that can happen to any thread.
>>18252247
>brand identity
>an interest in collecting Armani
These all fall under the same umbrella as before, they have hardly anything to do with the products they make, rather they're related to how owning a product from a brand that has certain connotations makes you feel (e.g. if I own Gucci I'm young and trendy, if I own Loro Piana I'm a supreme gentleman, ...).
>like the clothes they make
Anyone and their aunts makes clothes, if it was about just that Kiton and such wouldn't exist because everyone looking for a suit at that price point would buy bespoke from a high end tailor.
>>
>>18252254
>they have hardly anything to do with the products they make
ik retarded and somehow didnt see "diffusion line" my apologies, i see no point in buying into a diffusion line because its just the brand but stripped away everything that made it appealing. so i can agree that diffusion lines are made for people who want to buy into a brand just for the name.
>because everyone looking for a suit at that price point would buy bespoke from a high end tailor.
the best timeline
>>
>>18252272
>diffusion lines are the brand stripped of anything appealing
Consider the following:
diffusion lines often sell as much as or more than the main brand, so they are very much appealing to some.
The reason why most people buy things from one brand or other when the two make (very) similar products is just that, branding, but in the off chance that products from one brand are recognizable they're not recognizable because of their hand stitched pleated shoulders, rather because of the design language of the whole collection or whole brand; that is to say, a poor quality replica of a Gucci sweater would still clearly look like a Gucci sweater.
Diffusion lines are one step before that, they generally contain things that follow the same design language as the main brand but they cut costs where possible, meaning that they make people able to afford a suit that says Armani and looks like Armani.

So diffusion lines are by no means stripped of anything that makes a brand interesting, rather they cut corners that most people don't find interesting.
>>
Is this strictly suits? No one wears em no more
>>
Unless you wear a suit everyday all you really need is a generic suit supply navy suit with a notch lapel, generic cut. Half canvas at least, I think they over full canvas at 1500 USD.
>>18252193
Because bespoke takes fittings and time. If you have fuck you money and care more for your time you would rather just go with Kiton or Brioni. Plus flex value, people know a Brioni suit, not so much Liverano and Liverano or some other shit suit folks rave over.
>>
>>18252301
There exist many tailors that come to you/your workplace. They have 30-60 minutes to take all relevant measurements/fittings and then leave again.
Your suit from Kiton or Brioni will also need to get adjusted by a tailor in their stores btw., which also takes time.
Stop posting when you are a moron that has no clue about anything.

>>18252243
Shit like this happens, but can be fixed easily even if you don't have warranty.
Their suits are in the end still mass produced chink shit, but still a lot better than many other mainstream brands for that price.

>>18252199
>I think it's supposed to be ranked by absolute quality, not taking into account price, so Hugo Boss's price is ignored

Yes, but Hugo Boss is still objectively worse in the current year than suitsupply. Boss suits are glued together an barely better than entry-level wool suits for ~200€ you can buy from C&A here in Germany.
I have a few Boss Jackets in my closet I like, which I bought second hand for pennies, but I would never pay the full price for them.
>>
File: file.png (865 KB, 568x852)
865 KB
865 KB PNG
>>18252007
That's the old Purple Label. The new stuff is either made in Italy or even Peru. I've got a few pieces from them and the old stuff is definitely better. The modern stuff has polyester mixed in and is just not as well made.
>>
File: file.jpg (974 KB, 1154x820)
974 KB
974 KB JPG
>>18251860
Brioni gets a bad rap these days, they're still excellent. As are Isaia, he just doesn't like them because they're specifically for slightly younger, slim people. The middle ground Zegna stuff (not Sport but not Couture either) is perfectly fine, always solid without being incredible. Etro is actually a really nice brand that's considerably less expensive than many of the ones above it but is well made, good materials and always does something different. Far too interesting and charismatic for GG to like.
>>
>>18251860
reminder the guy who runs this is a 5' tall jeet. Or was it the malaysian? Why is it every suit larp youtuber is some 3rd world grift?
>>
File: nsxkx7uevtc81.jpg (299 KB, 1135x1397)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
>>18251860
can you try not overpaying for shit like a retard and having personal style. you look like a fucking robot wearing this shit
>>
>>18252447
>Yes, but Hugo Boss is still objectively worse in the current year than suitsupply

Exactly, but you're failing to take into account the fact that the image in question is like 5 years old,, hence the Banana Republic in >>18252137
>>18251991

it's objectively better htan h&m 100%, but it's also below spier&mckay, esp for the price..but in 2014-2021? they were cheaper and shittier but now that's just banana reoublic factory, but the mainline BR stuff is objectivley better htan h&m/zara shit wtf man

so this is from 2014-2021 so i'm guessin that it's just because back then hugo boss was slightly less shit and slightly more quality vs now
>>
File: B1891_Dark_Grey.png (1.35 MB, 1270x1757)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>18251860
does suitsupply usually have sales?
I'm looking for some trousers with side adjusters and theirs look pretty good
>>
>>18252243
And I have a couple pairs of tropical wool trousers from them that are insanely breathable, dont wrinkle, and have gone strong for years. Also a cotton blazer but i havent worn it as much. Yours might just be a fluke of bad QC.
>>
>>18254014
Not here in the EU.
Or maybe in the Netherlands, but not in most of the EU.
>>
>>18251860
It's fine I guess. I would make a few shifts:

>remove RL Purple Label from top tier, it's fine in B
>drop Kiton to A-/B+
>move Tom Ford and Bironi to A-/B+
>move up Sartoria Partenopea [sadly defunct] to B
>move Pal Zileri and Brunello Cucinelli up to B-/C+
>drop Caruso to C
>drop Brooks Brotherz, Z Zegna to C-/D+
>drop Paul Stuart to D
>drop Charles Tyrwhitt to D
>move Giorgiio Armani to C-/D+

But those are generally only differences of one tier or so, so on the whole I generally agree.
>>
>>18251862
>I don't recognise those at the top.
Because you're poor. Those brands aren't for you.
>>
>>18252447
>There exist many tailors that come to you/your workplace. They have 30-60 minutes to take all relevant measurements/fittings and then leave again.
>Your suit from Kiton or Brioni will also need to get adjusted by a tailor in their stores btw., which also takes time.
>Stop posting when you are a moron that has no clue about anything.
A bespoke suit will generally take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to make (assuming the suitmaker doesn't have too much other work to fit into his schedule) and require 2 fittings, and that's assuming you already worked with a suitmaker who has a pattern made for you from a past project. If you're going in from scratch you're talking closer to 5-8 weeks, 1 measuring session, and 2-3 fittings. Even if you had a suitmaker working exclusively for you.
Whereas an OTR suit can be tailored in a day if it fits reasonably well to start.

When the anon you are replying to was talking about time, I read it as 'it will take more time between ordering a bespoke suit and getting it to wear than it would getting an OTR suit' which is absolutely true.
>>
>>18254797
>Even if you had a suitmaker working exclusively for you.
Sorry this shouldn't have been there, meant to strike it since I earlier added about the tailor's schedule.
>>
>>18254776
thanks Bro
I ended up ordering from Berg&Berg
tbf the main reason was because they don't have a single black model on their website except for one pajeet, but I hope the pants are good enough

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.