[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fa/ - Fashion

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I mean, sometimes how do you even know if it's actually "vintage" and authentic? And what if it isn't actually vintage? How does pricing work then? Do people just pull the price out of thin air? It sure seems like that. I need to get to the bottom of this bulllshit
>>
>>18251861
tiktok puts the price, boomer
(unironically it does, I bet Deftones tees are sold 500 times over their original price because muh aesthetic shoegaze music)
>>
>>18251861
You are free to sell your t shirt at any price. So 'market' price is determined by many similar transactions that are in constant change but from where you can have an idea of the price range.
Not every old t-shirt has a marker price ,you can only guess what people might pay for it based on similar products from the same brand, year and condition. If no such reference exist then you can just put an arbitrary price and lower it until someone buys it from you. Usually there's a standard price for these 'bulk' items tho.
The vintage t-shirt market is based mostly on speculation, people buy them to re sell them later and it's currently a bubble similar to Pokemon cards during the pandemic ,sneakers and countless other little trends over the years.
>>
>>18251861
you can tell if its vintage from the blank its printed on. blanks 25 years ago were across the board better than now and different brands. https://tshirtslayer.com/ is a good resource for metal tees for reference pics of real ones.
>>
>>18251861
I remember I saw a $175 shirt for sale at the flea market. I bought the same one on ebay for $40. Tempted to go back to the booth to see if it's still there and call out the faggot who runs it. I hate fashion resellers so much. Such jewish behavior.
>>
>>18252213
its really is stupid, fags refuse to actually sell there clothes and sit on them for ages because they believe its worth more than it is. with vintage tees the price range is so varied but id say never spend more than 80. but with hard work and dedication you could go to goodwill and get it for 3.99
>>
>>18251861
I sell stuff like this, I get them from the charity shop I work at for around £1 for a few then bat at around £50 before gradually taking the price down. Old t-shirts feel different but if something looks old and is not a well known brand I call it vintage and list it at like £10
>>
>>18252213
to be fair, people are just trying to make a living. game is game
>>
>>18252364
You should've sold them on grailed and if the shit look cool enough, u could easily listed them at a hundred. shit's whild
>>
>>18252619
I might do just that. Vinted people are tight
>>
File: Fakes.png (642 KB, 900x1200)
642 KB
642 KB PNG
>>18251861
>how do you even know if it's actually "vintage" and authentic?

Vintage means 20 years or older and to authenticate them you need to do your own research. People have been collecting these shirts for a long time. It used to be much easier before the Chinese started putting effort into making counterfeit vintage shirts. Before it was easy because the fakes would only have print on the front. Now they are double sided, add fading, wear, have identical neck tags and even go as far as use single stitching.

>what if it isn't actually vintage?

Don't pay more than $20

>How does pricing work then

Based on last sold price on ebay, how rare it is and if there is a good
Chinese knockoff yet.

>>18251873
That bubble popped

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.