[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1686239275873993.jpg (8 KB, 259x194)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
Questions that don't deserve their own thread
>>
File: 1665720488151366.jpg (407 KB, 1263x1525)
407 KB
407 KB JPG
>>74103357
Help me fix my routine, need more efficient exercises. My equipment is two dumbels with 4 2.5kg and 4 5kg dics.
I have dificulty in increasing the weight on biceps curls and I can't afford buying 1.5kgs discs right now, any advide? I'm open even to bodyweight exercises.
I basically do this routine 5 days a week, I haven't been doing legs because my left knee is fucked and I'm still going to the Medic for it and they told me to not train them for now.

Day 1 :
Chest :
Bench Press 4x12
Fly Chests 3x12
Back :
Standing row
Standing row with one hand (this is probably stupid)
Dumbell pullover

Day 2 :
Arm:
Standing Bicep Curls
Hammer curl
dumbell skullcrusher
tricept extension
wrist extensions
wrists curls
farmer walk
Delt :
OHP
Side Raise
Pent over dumbell reverse fly
Shoulder shrug

Day 3
Leg :
Dumbell Lunge
Dumbell Squat
Calf Raise
Core :
Side Bend
Russian Twist
Woodchop

I don't have a abs routines, any recommendations?
>>
File: file.png (239 KB, 556x556)
239 KB
239 KB PNG
Is this worse than whey or just as good protein wise?
>>
is it ok to blast a nut on my tummy, rub it in, and head to the gym?
>>
How many sets should I do to failure? I'm doing bicep curls.
>>
>>74103615
3x8-12 is fine
>>
>>74103579
No.
Unless it's an homegym, then do whatever you want.
>>
>>74103357
At what age does your libido taper down? Like when are you able to think more with your big head instead of the little one?

Being fit and eating clean while being single and refusing to do degenerate hook ups is very retarded and frustrating. I wish my libido had an on and off switch.
>>
>>74103357
Qrd on intermittent fasting please.
>>
File: fasting over time.png (468 KB, 1000x749)
468 KB
468 KB PNG
>>74103691
intermittent fasting is when you only eat within a short window and fast for the rest of the day. common examples are 16:8, 20:4 and OMAD (one meal a day). anything less than a 16 hour fast would just be normal eating. fasting longer than 24 hours is considered 'real' fasting. intermittent fasting does not have any great health benefits like 'real' fasting does, but limiting your eating window can help control your appetite, reduce snacking and restrict calories if you happen to have trouble with those things.
>>
File: pepe_tiny_ear.jpg (84 KB, 1080x606)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
is it gay to listen to disco music while lifting?
specifically donna summer.
>>
>>74103779
I used to blast Katy Perry and Im atleast 50% straight
>>
>>74103779
no, whatever works for you
>>74103789
I listen to California Girls on a regular basis, degen song but so good.
>>
I've got a pinched nerve on the foot, I think. Shooting pains occasionally up through the leg.
How long did it take you guys to heal through these, when can I get back to the gym? This kinda sucks ;_;
>>
>>74103686
25 for me
>>
What do you guys like to do for core, for a beginner?

I probably get some core activation through other exercises but wanna target them at least once a week just to be sure.

I can't do captains chair because it presses on my nerves and makes my hands numb, my gym sucks so I can't hang off anything to do hanging knee raises because i'm too tall.

Should I just do a few sets of crunches?
>>
File: 1646949682110.png (89 KB, 400x325)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
God fucking DAMMIT AARGGH
I'm trying to get into lifting and I can't squat to parallel. I did 15 attempts today (3x5 "reps") with the bar and made sure my form was as correct as possible (feet properly spread and angled, ankles on the ground, bar resting on the muscles instead of on the spine) and I literally just can't push my hips low enough. I was at least not feeling it in my knees thank god, but the burn was like 90% in my quads instead of my hamstrings. It did at least feel great there but I know for a fact that's not how it's supposed to be.

How do I fix this and improve my range of motion? More stretching and practice with bodyweight squats? It's insanely frustrating.
>>
When I exercise or do anything physical in the morning or at mid-day I'll end up being completely exhausted for the rest of the day. This is what happened today when I mowed the lawn just after 12 and now I feel so fatigued I can't even read. If I exercise at, say, 4 in the afternoon, I don't have this problem. What causes this? Can I stop it?
>>
>>74104074
squats are fucking gay

but you can practice doing box squats

put a box under your bum and sit on it with weight, then stand up with the weight

simples
>>
rate my breakfast:
120g oats (im not a burger, theres no glyphosate on them)
25g peanut butter (for the creaminess)
5g honey
5g cinnamon
4g creatine
10g unflavored whey isolate
plus ~200ml water in a jar shaken and put in a fridge overnight with no cooking in the morning (just take it out and drink out of the jar)
i can make a weeks worth in like 5 minutes
>>
>>74104425
>put in a fridge overnight with no cooking in the morning (just take it out and drink out of the jar)
that sounds fucking disgusting.

good ingredient list though, it's basically what I have every morning except I use milk and actually cook my oats.
>>
>>74104454
its not nearly as bad as you think, the only thing is that its cold. the no cooking is just way too convenient though
the peanut butter is the trick im pretty sure because without it its too slimy
>>
>>74104074
elevate your heel, it helps. throw down a 2.5 lb under each heel. play with your feet width and positioning, I personally find going wider is a little comfier and I like pointing my feet out up to 45 degrees. and last but not least, ironically enough, I swear form gets easier the higher weight you go to an extent because the bar actually pushes you down if that makes any sense. I swear it's almost like how riding a bike extremely slow is almost impossible to balance, it's kinda like that with just the bar IMO.
>>
how illegal is it to put extra protein powder in my shake? will I die if I do 1.5x scoop?
>>
>>74104475
>extra
>1.5 scoops
anon extra is without the decimal point, ie 15 scoops. you wont die
>>
>>74104475
0.9 scoop? straight to jail. 1.1 scoop? straight to jail. believe it or not, doing two 0.5 scoops to make a total of 1 perfect scoop? jail.
>>
>>74103414
>I have dificulty in increasing the weight on biceps curls and I can't afford buying 1.5kgs discs right now, any advide? I'm open even to bodyweight exercises.
Pull-ups are okay-ish for biceps. You could start a session with pull-ups and rows, followed by biceps. The back work will tire your biceps a bit and give them extra volume.
Also, you can try to get a preacher-curl-like setup. Preacher curls are more effective and you can take way less weight than regular bicep curls. If nothing else, just lay your arms flat on a table and kneel down, so that the arms are completely straight at the bottom of the repetition.
Another alternative is to slow down the eccentric, as long as it's less than, say 6-8 seconds per rep you're good to go. And also, you can do higher reps (up to 30) with good results.
>>
>>74103615
The number of sets to failure is limited to how much energy you have. Presumably, you want to train other muscles than the biceps. If you do 20 sets of bicep curls to failure, you will not have the energy to do anything else. But if all you care about is getting big biceps, the more sets (to failure), the better. There is no known upper limit right now. There are diminishing returns, though, so the first set is the most impactful. I do 3-4 sets to failure, or drop sets with 3-4 drops.
>>74103630
Useless comment. 3x8-12 is not more or less fine than many other alternatives.
>>
>>74104064
>I can't do captains chair
Well, you're in luck because that exercise sucks anyway. Static in a shortened position - worst possible stimulus.
> I can't hang off anything to do hanging knee raises
You're in luck because that exercise sucks too - though slightly less.
>Should I just do a few sets of crunches?
Sit-ups are better than everyone thinks. People think that it's a basic bitch exercise, when in reality it mogs pretty much any other ab exercise.
>>
what gives

i do a poo before i go to gym and clean my bum really well
after gym i come home and sit for a while
then i check if there is poo on my bum and there is so i have to wipe even though i didnt poo
>>
>>74104580
you forgot your squat plug didn't you? that keeps the poo in
>>
>>74104074
>but the burn was like 90% in my quads instead of my hamstrings.
Squats are not a hamstring exercise so it sounds like you did the right thing. People who think that squats are good for hamstrings are really retarded. It's as if you thought tricep pushdows were good for bicep growth, they're opposite and don't activate at the same time beyond minor stability assistance.
>How do I fix this and improve my range of motion?
Stay at the bottom of your range for a second or two and just gently push your range a bit, with each set and rep. You will make faster progress than you think.
Stretching is gay and probably not needed.
>>
Inspired by this thread a while ago I started working on this bodybuilding 101 document. Read it if you want. If there is interest I will continue working on it with more advanced stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQ96pgvsRNrxsbpLTAGPswB-IuTkGkLaiKlyQSf7wr4BZtJH4olBBH3HxllN0CRSJPZaAc0UAvr_RmB/pub
>The sticky already has it
The sticky links suck ass. Written by retards.
>>
>>74104580
Stop taking pre workout if you do.
>>
Is rebound weight gain a real thing or something fatties made up
>>
>>74105590
its a physiological thing if anything, keep counting and keeping track of your weight even after hitting your goal for another few months and youll be fine
>>
>>74105590
well when you stop cutting you will gain a couple kgs of water weight back fairly quickly, but anyone actually using the term rebound weight and making up excuses is probably a coping fatty who just went back to eating like shit again.
>>
I can't for the life of me find a consistent bar placement for squats. The bar stays put up to 1.5 pl8 but any heavier than that it feels like it slides down on descent and up on the explosive ascent. By the last rep on heavier sets it feels like form is almost completely broken down because of this. how to fix?
>>
>>74103742
Thank you
>>
best arms routine?
>>
>>74103357
Anyone know of a good app/program to track training stats, besides excel?
Exercises, sets, reps, weights etc.
>>
>>74103532
Not sure but it tastes disgusting.
>>
>>74106700
Strong
>>
>>74106743
Thank you anon
>>
If I ate at roughly maintenance level calories and regularly lifted weights, what would happen?

Is body recomposition (swapping out fat for protein) possible, or is that a meme?
>>
>>74106866
Fuck I meant muscle, not protein
>>
>>74106714
I agree. Your answer is pretty useless though
>>
can i ask about shoes or nah?
10yrs later my adipowers are dying
best replacement? 2nd best? (broke nigga)
>>
>>74106700
fitnotes
>>
File: 34.jpg (211 KB, 967x792)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Yesterday, I hit a 245 bench at 158lbs (I'm a turbomanlet). This feels like a very good bench to me, but why is my chest still so underdeveloped? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, I genuinely know nothing about fitness
>>
>>74103357
6'3" 212lbs currently (not built, just fat). Getting back into fitness. I'm looking for a routine that I can run at planet fitness to get more aesthetic. I'm currently just running and eating less, but I want to be lifting too.
Obviously at planet fitness they just have the smith machine which I really don't like, but whatever. It's $10 a month and the second cheapest gym near me is $40, so I'll make do.
I really only want to go 3 or 4 times a week to the gym
>>
>>74106700
Hevy
>>
What supplements should I take along with Vyvanse 30mg? I used to run an EC + fish oil stack and got great effects from it, can I expect the same here?

What side effects should I expect?
>>
>>74107523
I used to take Vyvanse, absolutely destroys your hunger. Also made me want to jack off for literal hours, but my dick would be stim-dicked so I would just be mangling a wet noodle. Shit would be swollen when I was done.
I've never run an EC or ECA stack, but vyvanse will make you drop weight really fucking fast
>>
>>74107557
I haven't noticed the drastic effect on hunger yet, except it makes me forget to eat sometimes until it's the afternoon and I feel like I'm starving. I did take Adderall a few years ago and lost a year's worth of gains to it because I never ate enough.

The ECA stack for me was circa 2021-2022, it worked very well and I got shredded on it but haven't lifted consistently and kept a good diet since.

I noticed the dick effects of Vyvanse too, I've been taking fish oil and l-arginine (will switch to l-citrulline once my supply runs out) to boost circulation. I did not have a problem getting hard when I was on the ECA stack so maybe it has to do with cardio capacity. I got fat the last couple of years
>>
I think I need to take SSRI's specifically Sertraline/Zoloft.

I have 0 energy and constant anxiety and depression.

I'm scared about the weight gain and ED though, has anyone got any advice for me?
>>
>>74107343
something is off if you can bench 245 but know nothing about fitness
>>
i feel retarded, i'm not progressing on my lower body movements. i'm 65kg and stuck at a 67.5kg squat and 80kg deadlift, running greyskull Lp and gaining half a pound a week.
i feel like my lower body needs flexibility, would this help? pls give me help :(
>>
>>74103532
It's just egg white in powder form
>>
I had a streak of feeling gr8 for an entire month, daily gym, work, chores learning saving money and great mood. Then I got sick for 5 days and started sitting on social media talking 24/7. I felt great during that time too until today. I can barely do stuff and my mind doesnt want to form coherent sentences. I feel like something broke and I cant feel anything.
What couldve caused this? Mental rape from online chatrooms, routine break, cns overload?
>>
is taking meth for weight loss a good idea?
>>
>>74108236
Yep its a great idea mate
>>
>>74106487
Should specify if you're doing high or low bar squat

>>74107013
Wait for a sale, sometimes you can get stuff on clearance because the color is ugly. I was able to get a pair of $200 retail ones for $75 because of clearance and coupon stacking a few years ago.
>>
>>74104064
Do 3 1 minute planks in the mornings same in the afternoon and evening everyday and thank me when summer arrives bro
>>74106866
It is possible with high protein and low carbs it’ll make you feel like shite but take some caffeine pills and decent pre workout and power through.

Where does the “whey kills the gut microbes” come from? I’ve only read it on this board and I think it’s bro science because protein shake farts smell bad
>>
File: 1713814639426.jpg (29 KB, 960x540)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Anyone else feel like there's been weight standard inflation? Used to be 225lb bench was pretty solid, 1/2/3/4 and all that, but now seems like at least bench, squat and dealift have increased massively, to where people aren't impressed until youre at like 3/4/5
>>
>>74107343
that's not underdeveloped at all
>>
>>74108241
thanks mate, I thought so
I'm being serious, though. DNP or meth for a month? I'm torn
>>
>>74108555
It's just people on the internet bragging about fake numbers and shit.
>inb4 I had football players benching 2pl8 at 16 at my highschool gym
Yeah, those few elite specimens with good genetics who did sports since early age were benching 2pl8, good for them. They are the exception, not the norm.
In reality, at any commercial gym AT BEST 20% of gym goers can do 2pl8. Most from what I've seen are perma stuck at 80-90kg. Just look around, you only seem to pay attention to those few that go beyond, but realize, MOST are well bellow that. If you are benching 2pl8 for reps, you are stronger than most people on the planet.
>>
>>74108913
Thanks anon. I was one of the strongest non scholarship athletes in my college gym, and I was at like 1.5/3/4/4.5 in my prime. I felt like the fucking hulk. Now I'm 30 and trying to restart after some knee surgeries and I'm barely getting back at 1/2/3/4, and i guess my social media algorithm just shows me all the freak beasts.
I need some healthy perspective.
>>
>>74108944
>>74108555
It's definitely the social media combined with modern PEDs, your average frauder can look very normal today and not like a balding meat mountain from the 1980s
>>
>>74108227
Yes it is, i still wonder about qualitative comparisons between egg whites and whey protein.
>>
Looking for routine recommendations,

I have a squat rack, workout bench, pull up bar and a stationary bike.

Looking to get big but not obese

thanks frens
>>
>>74108555
what time scale are u talking? I bet a 2 plate bench was much rarer in the 90s, a 140kg squat was probably even rarer since people didnt have the internet.. I haven't noticed a change in the past 10 years though.
>>
>>74109297
Slightly different amino acid profile, absorbs a little slower than whey but shouldn't really matter. Main reason to get it is if you can't take dairy well since it's usually more expensive per protein
>>
>>74109546
squat, bench, pullups, stationary biking
don't eat too much
>>
>get minor injury
>decide to take time off
>almost 3 months later and it feels mostly gone but still feel some remnants
what the fuck man. I feel like I can't lift otherwise I'm gonna fuck something up again.
>>
>>74109678
Now that's an answer!
It's more expensive for you? It's cheaper over here in monkeyland and also safer since whey is often fraudulent and full of carbs.
>>
>>74110084
Whey is a cheese byproduct, US has a lot of cheese makers compared to Brazil
>>
>>74108200
First off, make sure your form is correct and comfortable, this can limit your ROM. You also need to make sure you are using all the involved muscles properly to do the movement, they're called compound lifts for a reason.
>>
File: 1674553344858175.jpg (50 KB, 960x960)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>74103357
Are there any good meds or supplements that would help me stay asleep? I've been greatly reducing my caffeine intake as of over a month ago. Ever since doing this, I fall asleep easier, but I wake up within 4-5 hours and I can't go back to sleep. This has been going on consistently for over a month, I'm so tired I feel like I'm losing it. I've tried melatonin and Trazodone, both help me fall asleep but I can't stay asleep for the life of me.
>>
I'm starting to get some upper body results, is it normal that the area directly behind my elbow joint is flat for like 3 inches before any muscle starts? Does that mean I need to work on my triceps?
>>
File: paste.png (2.34 MB, 1931x1615)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB PNG
>>74110411
that's the tricep tendon. it's normal.
>>
I'm struggling with figuring out just how intensive my workouts are supposed to be. I'm down 20lbs with a moderate calorie deficit and I lift at the end of the day. I just feel like I have zero energy after the first couple of sets. On some lifts, I struggle to hit 8 reps if I increase the weight. Should I just go to 12 reps on those if i feel like 8 isn't enough of a workout?

I'm just dissatisfied with what I feel like is a lack of noob gains and I feel like I can do better but I just can't seem to increase my weights without fucking up my entire rep range.
>>
Make the case that AG1 is any better than a standard powdered greens product. It's intensely marketed wherever I go but it seems the same as those greens powders that have been forever
>>
>>74103686
It depends on your hormones and how often you have sex / watch porn / masturbate. If you abstain from all three long enough, you can kill your sex drive. Once you hit 50, it pretty much is over.
>>
>>74105590
If you cut long term and over exercise (like 1500 Calories of potatoes per day while running), your body will enter starvation mode from lack of energy and lack of protein. This will trigger a rebound to prevent you from dying. But if you just cut normally with moderate protein qnd end the cut with a healthy diet, it should be fine.
>>
>>74103357
What brand of supplements do you use? I’m looking for fiber specifically but I’m curious what else you guys use.
>>
will the power of friendship help improve my gainzzzzzzz?
>>
I'm at 14% bf
I want to get to 10 or 11
Is it realistic to stay at that percentage and build muscle?
>>
>>74111221
I buy the Target brand psyllium fiber capsules, it works fine
>>
>>74103357
Is there anyway to down protein shakes without bloating? Anything I can add or whatever?
>>
I want to start weightlifting, currently on a deficit, its been working fine, 7-10 pounds lost a month, but wanted to start seeing if there was a way to accurately count the calories lost when weightlfting besides a ftibit or apple watch, and even in that case whether those two are effective.
>>
>>74104475
You’ll probably get kidney stones
>>
>>74108171
I’ve never taken Zoloft, but I’ve been taking Prozac and lexapro on and off. Even at higher dosages, I never had any of the weight gain side effects. Everyone’s different though, just try to be mindful of any snacking.
>>
Should I get a sandbag that weighs as much as my girlfriend?
Naturally, I don't actually have a girlfriend so this is hypothetical. I just want to practice carrying it and throwing it around for sex in the future.
>>
File: 20240423_150756.jpg (163 KB, 914x1310)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
My shin hurts when I walk of flex my ankle upwards.
Specifically, the muscle on my front right shin, sort of in the middle. Not the bone though.

I haven't gone running or done anything high-impact recently.
>>
File: roids.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
noob here
first off i'm not gonna do roids because my BP is already high
but would it work if a noob with 0 muscle took test until they got 15-20lbs of muscle, then stopped roiding and worked out normally? would they retain the muscle?
the gains are insane. this is from 20 weeks of roids without lifting any weights. it would take a noob 5 years for 20 lbs of natty muscles.
>>
To any yoga or meditating expert here, for the past few months I have been feeling a stinging pain below my thighs whenever I do this exercise like theres something about to snap. Is it safe to push further slowly, or just pause there? Or should I just rest? Should I see a doctor?
>>
File: IMG_20240423_144816.jpg (41 KB, 364x323)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>74112270
Forgot pic
>>
>>74112250
>qtddtot
>asks question that will be answered in a specific thread
Fraud brain, everyone
>>
>>74112270
Below your thighs? Like....your knee?

And i hope you arent having someone push you into that stretch
>>
>>74112270
>stinging pain below my thighs whenever I do this exercise like theres something about to snap
stop stop stop
let it rest for a few weeks then slowly work back to where you were.

also consider doing different groin stretches. I used to do the one you posted >>74112278 until I experienced the same thing you're going through, except I actually pushed it too far and ended up having a minor snap/tear. just be careful.
>>
>>74112306
No, above my knees, although for my right leg I also felt some pain on the sides of my knees. And no, I do the stretches alone no one pushed me
>>
My back hurts after deadlifts and squats, even when I perform them with mostly proper form. It's not the kind of pain when you try lifting with your back, it's like a very strong muscle pain which I suspect has to do with bad posture (pelvic tilt or something). It hurts so much that if I work out my lower back more, I find it difficult to walk longer distances because of the pain.
What is it, how do I fix it?
>>
I need more protein in my diet. I am going to include some whey protein in my diet. I am looking at whey protein isolate.
Can you guys recommend me a whey protein isolate that does contain any artificial or added sugar?
How about a whey protein isolate that does not have any sugar what so ever? Does this even exist?
Thanks.
>>
>>74112459
Best I found at my local supplement store was ISOGOLD which I think is 27g protein per 30 or 31 g serving
>>
File: otter mode.jpg (265 KB, 1792x646)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
Will I get a gf once I reach otter mode?
>>
>>74112355
>also consider doing different groin stretches
Now that you said it that the only stretching form that gave me legit worrying pain, any other stretches dont gave me that feeling, except when I do high side kicks
>minor snap/tear
Is it those that causes you to feel the tense all the way up to your butt instead of only your legs? I used to have that before when I felt a sudden snap in my right leg when I pushed too far
>>
I can no longer hold the bar tight enough to deadlift 215 x 8.
I should be able to pull 4 plates before I consider straps, right?
>>
>>74112250
Yes assuming proper pct
>>
File: 1708046741714294.png (933 KB, 1054x780)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
>>74112250
>first off i'm not gonna do roids because my BP is already high
>but would it work if a noob with 0 muscle took test
>>
File: 1680329530992028.jpg (71 KB, 900x675)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>74114174
>>
>>74113875
Switch to hook grip or mixed grip
If you’re not a powerlifter straps are fine
>>
How do I aid recovery? I'm sick of DOMS.
>>
>>74112250
>took test until they got 15-20lbs of muscle, then stopped roiding and worked out normally? would they retain the muscle?
No, roid retention is low and you can permanently fuck up your body's natural production of test if you fuck around with test supplements for too long
>>
I'm doing calf raises with a barbell for my calves but becaue I homegym with no rack I have to clean every weight I want to lift and I'm reaching the limit of what I can clean and get reasonable rep numbers for.
Any recommendations?
>>
>Press™ so hard you come off the ground
anyone done this?
I know I wasn't jumping because my legs were locked.
>>
>>74114634
so that doesn't make me a pussy?
can I get a second opinion on that?
>>
>>74106700
I use a three-dollar Walmart composition notebook.
>>
No gym near me and no money for home gym how do I get jacked? Calisthenics? Maybe some kind of primeval training with rocks and sand? I already have a pullup bar
>>
deadlifts (regular)
grip giving out, hands getting sweaty at around 3pl8 , sets of 3
bought liquid chalk, grip still giving out but a rep later, good
mixed grip it feels like im giga rounding my back compared to just regular double overhand so im not comfortable doing it but solves the issue
pulling with straps i feel like im losing a ton of strength
what the fuck do i do in this case?
>>
>>74112401
Is it constant pain like even when you've been in bed not moving for hours or only when you start to move around? If it's temporary and only when the muscle is in use then you probably have doms in your back muscle. Might mean you have weak back muscles that can't keep up with your legs
>>
/adv/ told me that exercise will solve my problems.
I have trouble sleeping and I feel a lot of shame and negativity towards myself and supposedly exercising is supposed to be some kind of solution for all of that.
I used to work out pretty regularly but I quit because I'd rather spend my free time on things i actually enjoy doing
what's the minimum amount of exercise I'd have to do to solve my problems? I don't like exercising and I don't want it clogging up all my time
>>
>>74114657
Water, electrolytes/multivitamin, carb/protein and rest/sleep for recovery. Doms get less intense over time

>>74114741
Just do them at hip height so you only need to deadlift it?

>>74114941
OHP? You might be leaning too much, sometimes I press and my heels come of the ground a little from leaning forward a little
>>
>>74115316
>Just do them at hip height so you only need to deadlift it?
Makes sense, but I'll probably need to get wrist straps for this or something.
It's baby talk but holding like 60kg for a minute straight would probably fuck up my hands
>>
idk how to properly describe this but today i randomly got a sharp sort of pain? above my hip in my lower back, left-ish above my left asscheek while i was twisting my torso quickly to go to the toilet.
i have slight discomfort since then, its been a few hours since it happened how the fuck am i supposed to handle this? squats and deads are on the menu tomorrow and i dont want to snap my shit up, should i go light and see how it feels? and how can i avoid/prevent this in the future? is that due to some muscles being tight or sth? i have a desk job so i sit a lot but i also move a lot during the day (10-12k steps, cycling) so im not sure if thats the issue?
>>
>>74115273
When I move, but it feels different than regular doms. Another thing I noticed that might be related is that I felt pain and burning in lower legs and it comes and goes around the same time as that back pain. Last year when I was going harder on leg workout, when I went to a music festival, I had to miss one concert because I had to take a break every couple steps (next day after resting it was better). It feels better when I bend forward. Also it seems like I need to work out more for it to come up since I went back to back and legs workout last week and for some time it was bad, but now it's okay (week after).
>>
>>74115223
Hook grip, and spend time increasing your grip strength.
>>
>>74115280
>rather spend my free time on things i actually enjoy doing
NGMI
Your whole post is weak and you obviously have a broken and depressed mentality
Find an exercise type you like. Hiking, walking, cycling, any sport, a martial art
Did you do any of that as a kid and like it? Start doing it again
You find the exercise type you actually enjoy and do it consistently
Also fix your diet, stop eating shit
>>
>>74115361
From my experience, temporary discomfort and very clearly in the muscle is normal and should lessen. Try stretching post-workout. But I've never had pain that made me want to stop moving except for the initial 2 weeks of doms
>>
>>74115365
>Hook grip
im too much of a pussy for hook grip, guess im doing dead hangs until failure?
>>
>>74103357
What do you need for a proper calisthenics park? I want to build one in my yard but im not sure how many of which bars and at what height, i tried googling but all i ever find is expensive as shit premsde ones that dont even tell you their exact setup.
>>
>>74115454
You get used to it, especially if you start early at a low weight. You can get thump tape/wrap to help. For me, the slight discomfort is worth it because the barbell stays stable and reduces palm calluses
>>
>>74115418
what is NGMI?
>>
>>74115427
I'll try more stretching after workout, then, thanks.
>>
Anyone got any recommendations about how to /roon/ when it's smoky as fuck outside?
I've wanted to get into running for the past 3 years, and when I start to think that I'm making good progress until fire season starts and the air quality drops to quality comparable to industrial China.
Is there any masks or other things that I can use while running that keeps shit out while allowing for sufficient airflow?
>inb4 just run you faggot
I'll be the first to admit that air quality was just the straw that broke the camel's back, the rest being lethargy and other busyness, but I just wanna know if there's a way that can at least alleviate that shit.
>>
>>74103357
What is the benefit of the safety squat bar for non-strength athletes? And is there a difference with regular high bar back squats?
>>
File: FlamingoCrying.png (102 KB, 1172x1139)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>74103357
I FUCKING GAVE MY SELF A MUSCLE IMBALANCE
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I NOTICED IT DOING PULLUPS AND i CANT UNSEE IT I FEEL LIKE A LOPSIDED FREAK
I KNOW FIXING IT IS JUST IMPROVING FORM BUT IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I CAN DO?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
How do I start taking lifting seriously? I don't really have goals outside of lose weight, and be strong enough to win a fight.
>>
Does modified candlestick really build/maintain abs without extra weight?
>>
>>74103357
A trainer once told me if you can't do a muscle up you're not really fit is this true? He said there's weakness in your core and you need a string base to do a muscle up so if you can't you're weak.
>>
>>74113875
>>74114950
Chalk if you aren't already, mixed or hook grip. Straps can be fine but you want to make sure you're doing grip work separately if you use them consistently.

>>74115223
Form check on the mixed grip deadlift?

>Losing strength with straps
You sure you're using them properly? The part you wrap around the bar should follow your thumbs. If it goes in the opposite direction then you're using them backwards.

>>74115720
Takes stress off shoulders, wrists and elbows. Plus they can be a good movement if you have chest fall or just want different stimulus.

>Difference between high bar and ssb
They're different. Center off mass is out in front of you with the ssb.

>>74116084
Completely opinion based, nothing about that is actually grounded in fact
>>
>>74116104
Ssb-anon here. Would you recommend one over the other if the goal is aesthetics and running performance?
>>
>>74116169
Personal preference. Ssb does have other uses such as making lunges, Bulgarian split squats, and good mornings more comfortable to do but ssb isn't a requirement by any means. However, if you were to get a single specialty bar in addition to a barbell, SSB should be it.
>>
I think i tore my forearm on sunday while training biceps. I'm going to see a doctor on thursday, but it's not looking good. I think i will be out for many weeks. How do i cope? Should i just train legs and go for runs during the recovery time?
>>
>>74103357
Sorry if it's a common question but I couldn't find anything in the sticky but what's the actual pro of rice over pasta? A quick google search says more B vitamin, Iron and Zinc but assuming I eat enough meat I should get those from that plenty while pasta has more proteins and fiber
>>
Is it normal to lose a lot of gains after being sick? I was squatting 155lb 2 weeks ago, got sick last week and today is my first day back and I couldn't even do 125lb for 5 reps. My bench only dropped from 150 to 135 so that's not horrible but fuck I'm sick of not making progress on squats. I guess in fairness I didn't eat much protein, if any, during that week
>>
>>74115899
>How do I start taking lifting seriously?
Set goals like hitting 1/2/3/4
>>
>>74116201
And is it worth doing ssb instead of high bar squats? Like as a replacement
>>
>>74116394
>what's the actual pro of rice over pasta?
It's cheaper and easier to digest
>>
If an obese person who can bench 315 for 3 reps goes on an aggressive diet for 6 months (I'm talking 1000 calorie deficit) after the diet how long will it take to regain the lost strength?
>>
>>74116984
Quite possibly never, for multiple reasons:
1. Aggressive diets lose lean mass quickly. He'll inevitably end up losing muscle and strength that takes much longer to regain than it does to lose.
2. Being obese when benching is a perk because your ROM is shortened an inch or two or more depending on how much fat you have. If you're someone who struggled off the chest, after losing, say, 50 lbs, you'll now have to move that same bar a few extra inches for ROM while being weaker.
This is why aggressive dieting shouldn't be done for more than 2 weeks at a time with multi-week maintenance calorie breaks in between. Slow and steady fat loss is way better, in the past, I managed to lose 30 lbs. over 16 months while adding 20 lbs. to my squat and 40 lbs. to my deadlift because I did it properly.
>>
>>74116984
who cares just lose the weight fatso
>>
>>74116706
Nothing wrong with it
>>
Is decline bench a complete meme/ego lift? Pretty much every chest/tricep exercise hits lower pecs and mid pecs, and few hit upper pecs effectively, so isolating your lower pec seems completely redundant if you are doing flat bench, incline bench, or weighted dips
>>
>>74117106
ive never done decline bench and my lower pecs are the hardest by far
>>
>>74117112
That's my point, ive never met someone with an underdeveloped lower chest, it's usually overdeveloped compared to the rest of the pecs since it is recruited so easily
>>
are there any taichi/taijiquan 'fitness influencers' worth a damn?
>random yoga instructor doing video aerobics but it's taichi
>perfect stereotype with OK videos
but he's not teaching tai chi, he's chopping it up and selling it off in pieces as medicine, literally "prostate health - $20"
>TaiChi With Ping
seems... alright? His latest video has a good demonstration of stretching the lower back, and he's selling ongoing lessons instead of individual routines.
>>
>>74117008
Assuming I'm using full rom, how long would you say ?
>>
Bros, how do I deal with the waiting? Some days I sit at work thinking about how I could be making more gains. I know rest is important, particularly for a natty, and really I'm just being impatient.
>>
>>74112036
I'm just imagining anon humping the sandbag for practice with gf now lol
>>
How low do I need to squat to get a full ROM, do I keep going until I literally can't, until I sit on my heels?
>>
>>74117698
Theres no guarantee you would get back to that strength anytime soon. Mass moves mass, if it was as simple as you think, every fat fuck powerlifter could just cut and mog lower classes with ease. This is clearly something that's going to bother you while you're cutting and possibly make you give up to retain your strength
>>
>>74118461
For hypertrophy purposes, as low as your mobility allows without your form going to shit. For strength, no need to go lower than hip crease below top of the knee joint.
>>
Am I doing something wrong when training side delts? I never feel any kind of pump or doms after I train.

I'm doing 3 sets to failure which is in the 15-20 range. Do I need to up the weight/lower reps a bit to the 8-12 range? Or do another set?
>>
>>74119512
Try cable lat raises, starting the motion from behind your buttock and moving up to horizontal. You'll feel a huge stretch in your side delt.
>>
>>74119512
Oops I should have specified I was doing lateral dumbbell raises.

>>74119529
I tried the cable machine at my gym but the lowest weight is a little too heavy for me at the moment otherwise I have really shit form.

I'll give your method a go though, cheers
>>
>>74116201
>>74116706
>>74117051
And what are the differences between the ssb and front squats in practice? Will one give different gains than the other?
>>
>>74103357
Is calisthenics the best way to getting back after injury?
>>
>>74119600
Front squats have a requirement of staying somewhat vertical, lest you dump the bar. SSB is less about staying vertical and more about resisting it trying to flatten you. Front squats will also have a lower absolute load than back squats, ssb or otherwise, which means the stress on your tissues overall will be lower. The gains will be slightly different but they're all still squats at the end of the day.
>>
File: 20240424_133026_1.jpg (921 KB, 1780x2061)
921 KB
921 KB JPG
What is this and what's causing it?
I've had this flaky skin that would come and go under my beard, but this is the first time it's gotten THIS bad.
>>
>>74119647
So the overall gains will be similar then?
>>
>>74103357
Are sit ups really THAT horrible? Seems like every fitness video about abs shits on them because of a supposed load on the spine but aside from one newsline about a lady temporarily losing vision because she landed funny I've yet to see any cases of people with fucked up spines from doing sit ups
>>
File: 1685042555672027.png (391 KB, 800x800)
391 KB
391 KB PNG
>wake up feeling super fatigued and tired
>workout anyway and the weight moves easy, fantastic session

Does this happen to you too?

Happens to me all the time. I can feel super knackered to the point where I'm contemplating taking the day as a rest day because I feel like shit but then I do it anyway and the weights are moving as if I'm fresh as a daisy. It's happened so often through the years that it's now at the point where I just ignore my internal level of tiredness / fatigue because it seems to... not matter?
>>
>>74120060
I had the opposite

Woke up feeling good, work was good, got home and prepped for gym feeling good

>get to gym
>first lift is shit, no progression, form sucks
>second lift fail on upping weight again
>keep knocking over my bottle or bumping into things
>third lift make minor progression but kept fumbling stuff, form sucked
>knock towel off
>getting frustrated as fuck
>>
how to train for hypertrophy?

is it as simple as doing with in the 8-12 rep range? what's the weight progression like? does it affect how I go about big compound lifts?

is it viable to build size at all, and if so will I still be weak as shit? (don't care so much about total strength just wanna look good)
>>
>>74119812
Might be very dry skin. Use some beard oil and see if it gets better after a week or so
>>
>>74119812
seborrheic dermatitis?
>>
Any good resources for meal planning?
>>
>>74120071
I've had the same thing as well to be fair. You feel good and it's a bad session, another day feel shit and it's a good session.

At times it seems like performance on the day is completely disconnected from how you feel inside. Which is why I almost ignore it these days. I just say I know where I'm at, I know what I should be hitting today so I'm gonna go for it regardless.
>>
>>74119994

sit-ups are bad?
>>
File: tarantino.jpg (73 KB, 680x680)
73 KB
73 KB JPG
does eating cancel out exercise or am i retarded? ie if i get up, exercise on my elliptical or peddle bike for a bit, have breakfast, will my breakfast make that exercise a waste? i usually have a bowl of shredded wheat and a protein bar for breakfast.
>>
>>74120118
Sorry to say, but you are retarded.
Eating is important, it keeps you alive.
>>
>>74120128
it's not that i want to abstain from eating, it's more like right now i exercise at night after my dinner settles

my logic for this is:

finished eating for the day -> no more calories in -> exercise -> ??? -> profit

vs

wake up -> exercise -> eat breakfast -> calorie burn neutralized??? -> ??? -> go to /fit/ for more information
>>
>>74120139
eat before you work out so you have the energy to EFFECTIVELY work out, otherwise you're just wasting your time and putting your body/health at risk
>>
>>74120139
Much less retarded, but still unnecessary I think. As long as you're not kept from training by a full belly, just eat, but eat well.

Not an expert though, so take it with a grain of salt
>>
When cutting you need to try and maintain intensity while doing lower volume, right?
>>
>>74120107
Noone? Please help, I train hard, but I'm a scrawny bitch and need to find out how to eat properly
>>
>>74120647
Do you mean macronutrient percentages and calorie tracking? Use Cronometer.
If you mean recipes Greg Doucette has a decent cookbook, just make sure to pirate it don't give that faggot your money.
>>
>>74120658
I guess I should be tracking to see if I actually make progress, but I'm mostly interested in recipes for now. I'm veggie so no chicken breast unfortunately and I just can't stomach lentils and rice 6 times a week

> Greg Doucette
I found "The Ultimate Anabolic Cookbook", is that the one? Thanks a lot, will look into it!
>>
>>74120658
>>74120683

He even has a meatless cookbook! Looks like just the thing I need =)
>>
>>74120640
Yes, but don't go full retard with just a maximal set per week.
Keep well hydrated, carb up pre workout, and try to keep the volume up, like half your usual volume, but not straight down to 1 set
>>
>>74120087
at first, yes. 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps. work on increasing each set to 12 reps, taking about 1 or 2 of those sets to failure. 12-15 reps works well too later in the session and 5-8 is best for compounds at the beginning. Lower rep ranges get a smaller range of motion, whereas high reps get larger range of motion.
>>
>>74120691
>>74120658
Tracking isn't mandatory but it'll help you know how your body works.
>>74120704
Alright, I'm not strictly cutting per se, I'm mostly recomping because I'm tired of being skinnyfat.
>>
Just venting. Currently still peak bulk, my lifts are all doing fine and I haven't even put on that much fat but I look like absolute dog shit without a pump. How can I trust the process when I have not put on any visible muscle? How are all my lifts up but I am not any bigger?
>>
>>74120087
>how to train for hypertrophy?
That's a topic for a dissertation.
What's your training history, what are you doing now? Maybe we can focus on what you could do better.
In general working in multiple ranges during the week, in the "hypertrophy but also strength" 85 to 70% range, 2 or 3 reps from failure (meaning you're doing from 4 to 9 reps), milking the eccentric for a good stretch, is the basics. With so many exceptions that it's an headache.
Then it comes the periodization, how to change within those parameters as the weeks pass. You want some sort of progression, be it more pounds on the bar, more reps, or more sets, until you hit a stop and reload.
>>
>>74119912
Yes
>>
>>74120874
Are you working a lot in triples, or sets of 5?
You're probably getting bigger and just don't see it yet, but it might also be mostly neural.
What routine are you doing? You could focus on getting your 8rm up for a few months, if it's lagging behind, and you will get bigger
>>
>>74120935
I went back to strength routines for my bulk, finished up the first program around 2 months ago and I'm currently on week 6 of Phraks GSLP. Plan is to finish it, deload, and then do a similar basic routine but going for a 9-12 rep range and not pushing progression as much for the cut.
>>
I have a shite coffee maker that sometimes leaves grounds in. Is my fast kill if I accidentally drink some? Couldn't have been more than a teaspoons worth
>>
>>74120954
I wouldn't do a linear progression on a cut, but yeah, both routine will improve strength and size, but right now you're biased towards strength, later you'll be heavily biased towards size and muscular endurance. Even too much for my tastes, but if it works for you, then great
>>
What would cause a pain in the back of the hips when I bend down? It's fine mostly but when I wake up or after exercise it feels off. It's mostly bad when I come back up not going down. I do deadlifts fine and was doing romanian deadlifts.
>>
>>74121102
Tell us about your squats.
Could you try subbing them with front squats for 2 weeks?
>>
im a lanklet, what muscles do i work on to look better aesthetically? just shoulders?
>>
>>74121126
I've been going light on my leg stuff in case I was overdoing it. I just did some incline trendmill walking today and when I got home I felt the pain when taking my shoes off. My squats seem fine I've never had any issue with them and even recorded myself doing them at the start to make sure. The only other thing is I got a new bed last december and my old one was very sunken in.
>>
>>74121181
That's odd. Afaik, hip pain is more common with squats than with deads.
Are you using a belt? Maybe that would help
>>
>>74121102
>was doing romanian deadlifts.
Hold on for a second.
Rdls or sldls? If you were flexing your spine, that might be the cause
>>
>>74121217
I'm only doing 100kg for both squats and deadlifts so I don't know if it's needed. This is down from 120kg at my highest but like I said I've been taking it easy. It feels like it's low on the hips just above the glutes maybe?
>>
>>74121232
RDLs.
>>
>>74121233
Would you say it's at the iliac crest?
>>
>>74121176
Ass. Train your rear glute spread, girls love it.
>>
>>74121255
That seems too high.
>>
>>74121262
i cant tell if youre trolling me or not
>>
>>74121266
Then idk, usually it's bad form that does that.
It might just be overworking, or a weak back. Then with your current deload it should pass, and if it's a weak back more back extensions (weighted) would help, but idk, it really sounds odd to me.
>>
>>74121284
The tone was trolling, but we actually have studies, girls like to look at and touch mostly pecs and ass, shoulders second.
>>
Is it normal to have some minor back pain after squats? Usually lasts a few hous after i do them
>>
>>74121176
You basically just want more width to give a more balanced shape. So shoulders, arms, lats, and don't forget traps and neck. That area is one that a lot of women like without actually realising it. Then what others have said, pecs, abs, ass. Women don't really care about the finer details so having the big and obvious muscles be big and obvious is basically all you need.
>>
>>74121322
ok ill add hip thrusts or something, thanks anon

>>74121351
>just make every muscle bigger bro, make the big ones bigger and the obvious ones more obvious
>>
>>74121385
Just don't skip leg day and you'll be fine, I wouldn't worry about isolating glutes
>>
>>74121338
Its ok intermittently if you've had a bad day or something but if it's every time you might have a form issue that could injure you with heavier weights
>>
>>74121176
everything
>>
How much did your lifts go down after the first cut? I’m approaching being able to bench my body weight, but it would be nice if I can bench the same weight even after shedding some fat.
>>
Anyone tried yohimbine? Can I buy this lil nigga in Europe?
>>
>>74122063
The trick is to never cut
>>
>>74122195
But I don’t want to be a 26+% bf fattie anymore
>>
>>74122063
mine kept going up, slowly. i've been cutting/maintaining for about 7 months, cut previously for maybe 4 months. lifting for almost 2 years. medium intensity higher volume style, 6-15 rep type training. high carb and protein.
>>
Does spacing my protein out matter? If I consume 100+ grams in one sitting, is a portion of that protein wasted? I guess another way to phrase this would be is there a limit to how much protein my body can absorb while the food remains in my digestive system?
>>
I've been burping a lot after cardio. Really long resonant burps. Am I dying?
>>
>>74122302
You need a bro to fuck that gas out your ass
>>
>>74115280
Unfortunately NGMI if you don't change your mindset. If you're worried about exercise "clogging up" your time then you're going to inevitably find excuses to not do it, and eventually you'll just give up completely. If you want to benefit from it then you need to find something you enjoy and to adjust your mindset. What you wrote really gives off a type of weakness that transcends the physical. DYELdom of the soul
>>
>>74120118
I see what you're getting at and I saw your other comment. You are definitely stupid but that's okay:3 it won't "cancel it out" as long as you're burning more than you're eating. Assuming you're looking to lose weight. Figure out how many calories are in the cereal you're eating first
>>
>>74115280
Chances are you probably spend a lot of time doing nothing. Just shoot for 30 minutes and work your way up since you’re starting. Once you get in a routine for exercise you’ll have better time management and the energy to do things you actually want to.
>>
>>74122229
That’s good to hear, I’ve only been lifting for 5 months, so hopefully I’ll still see some progress with beginner gains. I definitely need to pay more attention to my macros though.
>>
Do you gain muscle over fat more efficiently if you start out a bulk lean already?
>>
>>74103579
You're going to smell so bad to everyone around you
>>
File: azui0od7wgj51.jpg (56 KB, 800x500)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>74103357
Please help me improve my beginner hypertrophy routine. MWF, full body:

- 3 sets of push-ups to failure (up to 25 now)
- 3 x 10 db standing biceps curls
- 3x 10 db standing shoulder press
- 3 x 10 db overhead triceps extension
- 3 x 10 db split squats
- 3 x 10 db lawnmowers
- 3 x 30 db standing calf raises
- 3 x 20 laying side leg raises (glutes)
- 3 x 20 seated leg kicks (abs)
- 3 x 10 sec stomach vacuums (abs)

I only have dumbbells and no bench or pull-up bar, so working with what I got. Focusing on hypertrophy above all else.
>>
I have been stuck at home and haven't been able to do proper exercise for 3 months I started stretching and the day after my entire body hurts all my muscles ache am I fucking myself up while I'm stretching? it doesn't hurt much more than it used to when doing safety meeting pt before work but it feels like shit after
>>
Is there a multivitamin out there worth a damn and how do i even know
>>
i usually do dumbbell incline bench after 3 heavy sets (rpe 9) of regular barbell bench and 3 heavy sets (also rpe 9) of bent barbell rows
i feel like my wirsts are holding me back/being a limiting factor. i fear that im doing something wrong during the barbell rows that causes my wrists to fuck up somehow, idk what it is, but in addition to bench before that, incline dumbbell bench feels like my wrists are about to snap under the dumbbells.
im a dyel moving 28kg dbs for 8 (i flat bench 85kg x3 for reference), should i just go lower in weight and focus more on feeling my chest being worked? i usually go down until the dumbbells touch my side delts and press up, is that maybe too much? i work with a 30° incline
>>
chances my achilles tendonitis will go away if i roll out my plantar? will i lose 5 lbs of fat if i stop eating bread?
>>
File: 15.jpg (122 KB, 1600x1600)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>74122636
>>
>>74103357
How do I combine running, lifting and cutting? Everytime I try, my running suffers from it and I feel no power in my legs, like they're made of jelly or something. I'm aiming for a 40min 10k pretty soon.
>>
>>74122848
eat a high carb meal for dinner and exercise first thing in the morning
>>
>>74122867
>Exercise
Gym, running or both?
>>
Should I apply moisturizer to my dick?
>>
>>74122997
do whichever is more important for you first
>>
>>74123009
No don't put regular body lotion on your dick as a daily regimen the skin there is sensitive if you're experiencing dryness moisturize with a sensitive skin lotion or a natural one like coconut body butter. Make sure you're not allergic you can give your self a bad time trying out skin care products on your genitals or using them frequently.
>>
>>74123185
Also if you lotion up down there make sure you let it air out having lotion covered genital in hot underwear can net you a yeast infection and you don't want to put put steroids down there because it will dry you out creating a cycle
>>
Is there specific exercise I can do, or specific terms I can research, based around normalizing severely underdeveloped musculature?

Due to medical reasons, I've spent the last decade essentially sitting and sleeping, only walking to the bathroom and kitchen. I'd like to get more fit, but if I start doing normal workouts, I'm at risk of fucking up my tendons and stuff.
Basically, I want to exercise in a way that will let me do normal workouts in the future, but I have no idea how to find such information.
>>
>>74123302
You would just do regressions of basic movement patterns.
Standing up from a chair assisted -> standing up from a chair unassisted -> air squats while holding onto something -> air squats unassisted -> goblet squats -> barbell front squats (if possible) -> barbell back squats. You should be able to find examples of this for every major movement pattern online if you search MAJOR COMPOUND LIFT NAME HERE regression.
>>
>>74123302
You are in a state medically refered to as
>deconditioned
This is not uncommon, lots of people emerge from medical conditions and comas and shit and find themselves in this state. It's important to follow a strict and SLOW plan to not kill yourself getting reconditioned.
Best plan would be to talk to a physical therapist. As someone who has bounced back from numerous injuries, I always suggest PT, physical therapists are awesome and useful and can change your quality of life. Second best is to Google using the key term deconditioned/severely deconditioned and find resources that way.
>>
>>74122997
>running

RIP knees
>>
>>74123302
This is medical, so really asking the equivalent of an online locker room isn't a great idea.
You should ask your physio, or a sports doc.
You know, get an opinion that's actually informed.
>>
I had been dealing with tendonitis in my elbow / triceps and someone gifted me elbow sleeves. Now my elbow is actually fine again and I'm wondering if I even get any use out of the sleeves? Should I still use them anyway when I press heavy?
>>
>>74123377
Sounds like you have some issues with your training if your pressing is giving you tendinitis. You may want to look into how you can strengthen that joint more to support your press.
>>
>>74122848
>combine running, lifting
Don't run the day or the day after you squat.
>and cutting
Less volume, more intensity. On everything, running too. You aren't going to do 60k per week, but your sprints won't suffer for the cutting.
>>
>>74122501
Anyone?
>>
6"0, 260lb 34y/o
probably low T (have not tested), hate cardio
have done home workouts with free weights but never consistently
what should I look for in a gym to start in?
Daily supplements: zinc, K2, D3, lysine, magnesium
Anything I should add?
>>
>>74123419
Yes
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=muscle+gain+at+different+body+fat+percentages
>>
>>74122501
>>74123419
Yes, the less fat you have, and the slower the gaining, the better ratio of muscle to fat you're going to gain, on average.
BUT, that's going to be slow as fuck.
>>
>>74123428
>what should I look for in a gym to start in?
Squat rack or power cage. Everything's easier with a cage.
Even easier it they have a cage that nobody ever uses.
>>
>>74123392
To be honest I just got through a pretty rough bench peaking program and started getting some issues in the triceps tendon and rather than letting it heal I moved on to a different strength program so it never really went away. I know once I give it enough rest and deload it will be fine but I'm just wondering if I'll actually have some use for the sleeves or if I should give them back or sell them.
>>
>>74103357
are SARMs really as good as they sound?
>>
>>74123428
>Daily supplements: zinc, K2, D3, lysine, magnesium
IDK if the lysine will make any difference, you should get enough from your diet.
Creatine and beta alanine will make a difference.
As will caffeine and taurine pre-workout.
>>
>>74123479
No, because depending on what you use, you could still be heavily suppressed, leaving you with the same side effect as taking test + some other side effects that you might not even be aware of.
>>
File: 1713630605414893.jpg (613 KB, 1070x1194)
613 KB
613 KB JPG
>>74103357
how do i avoid dht attacking my hairline/scalp whilst doing reg workouts 3-5 times a week? i already dermaroll. will not take any minos/fin
>>
>>74123575
pumpkin seed oil and saw palmetto
>>
how bad is it that i, as a formerly very obese, eat-because-bored-and-depressed-eating-disorderd guy, view food 99% of the time as fuel nowadays? i mainly care for texture, not really taste (spices) so i dont get anything out of fast food, pizza etc
people ive told about this (i dont anymore, maybe when asked) look at me like im crazy and i just say that i view food as fuel so i eat clean/cheap as fuck, not out of enjoyment.
any anons experience something similiar with their surroundings?
>>
File: 1558749415361.gif (1.63 MB, 240x240)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB GIF
>start cutting at 165 lbs, was eating maintenance before
>1 lb per week pace
>less than 1 week later scale says 161
>1 week after that it's 162
>1.5 weeks after that it says 160
How do you even begin to accurately guess your weight when it fluctuates this much?
I'm just basing it off how I look in the mirror at this point.
>>
>>74123854
first 1-2 weeks after you start your cut its mostly water weight, should be more steady after that. also depends on how many carbs/salt you eat, assuming you weigh yourself first thing in the morning after pissing/taking a shit
>>
File: 1713990301212.jpg (12 KB, 223x226)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>74123575
>how do I avoid [medical issue with specific medication]
>no I won't take [specific medication for that issue]
Gee I guess rub raw onions on your head or something, retard.
>>
>>74104539
Don't have a bar for pull-ups and preacher curl can fuck your elbows very easily
Have any recommendations for back exercises?
>>
Are there any lifts focused on "widening" your pecs or does it widen by default on every pec focused lift? Is that more of a genetics thing?
Sorry if my question is stupid but I really don't know how muscle growth works.
>>
File: VLlvgH5.png (62 KB, 1999x1346)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
just came here to say I'm starting to get shripped
>>
>>74114741
for christs sake just buy a rack or squats stands. they aren't expensive.
>>74116396
if you didn't train and didn't eat well, then it's fairly normal. you'll be back where you were in just a couple of weeks. don't worry about it.
>>74119994
they're perfectly fine if you do them correctly. I do them with 50kg weighted.
>>74122063
5kg for upper body compounds, 10kg for lower. I cut quite hard and fast though, losing about 15kg in 4 months. you gain the strength back fairly quickly though.
>>74122636
probably not. you're better off tracking your calories for a week or so using cronometer and then assessing what micros you're lacking and only supplementing those ones.
>>74122997
cardio in the morning, lifting in the evening if you HAVE to do them on the same day.
>>74123725
not bad at all but it's a bit unusual. clean food can still be highly tasty and pleasurable to eat. there's a big difference between that and straight up junk.
>>74124442
you can't target muscle growth in the way that you're describing. just do a variety of chest lifts and you will grow and 'widen' over time.
>>
>>74124521
>for christs sake just buy a rack or squats stands. they aren't expensive.
I live in a shoebox. Space is the limiting factor here
>>
File: 93b.png (254 KB, 900x806)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>74103357
How do you guys control your "urges" at the gym?
>>
>>74124521
>you can't target muscle growth in the way
That sucks. My chest is the second area after my stomach where my body stores fat, I'm fat and I have disproportionately large tits compared to my stomach (I'm a man), it's quite embarrassing and really makes me not want to leave my house. I even bought those vests that reduce your chest size but they make it really hard to breathe.
>>
anyone here using regular whey with some simple sugars like maltodextrin as intra? just saw a youtube short of dr jewretael where he said that whey can be consumed as an intra workout but ive always heard that it sucks as intra and you should just carbs/salt?
>>
How do I become more invisible at the gym, I'm starting to think some people recognize me. I helped a guy find a barbell and he started talking to me
>>
I barely bench 112 lbs (50 kg) for 8 reps but I do weighted pull ups with 50 lbs (22 kg) / 200 lbs close grip lat pulldown, what the fuck am I doing wrong?
I only weigh 148 lbs, yeah, but I see absolut beginners benching way over 135 for at least 8 reps and they're half my size. Is it my pectus?
>>
>>74103357
I've been doing squats and deadlifts in my routine for about a year now, and recently I've been having knee joint pain in and outside the gym, especially when using the stairs. I decided to temporarily cut out squats and deadlifts and replaced with hip thrusts and leg press for now until I figure this out, out of fear that I might cause permanent joint pain/damage (I was ignoring it for a month or so thinking it would pass)

Has anyone gone through this? What should I do? Is there a way to fix this? Or is it possible that I'm just not built to do these kinds of movements? Everything was okay up until recently, so it seems I've hit some kind of roadblock once I got to high enough weight.

If this helps, I'm 6'2", 210lbs, and was squatting about 160lbs and DL was around 230lbs.
>>
>>74124837
What other chest exercises do you do and how often do you bench?
>>
should I be clenching my shoulderblades when doing shoulder press?
>>
Why the fuck do I keep pulling my lat (rear side of armpit crease) on heavy deadlifts. Am I using my arms to force the bar close too much?
>>
>>74123854
It's normal for weight to fluctuate between 1-5 pounds depending on factors like how hydrated you are, how much glycogen your muscles are carrying, how long ago you ate, the clothes you are wearing, etc. If you wanted to be scientific, weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you wake up and go to the bathroom. Look at the weekly trends and ignore the daily margin of error.
>>
>>74125218
retracting them, yes.
>>
Background: I have a shoulder injury so I'm trapped with low weight / high reps for the time being. My question is:
Would it be better to do 4x20 or 5x25. I get the final volume would be the same but which would be better?
>>
>>74125444
>4x25 or 5x20
im retarded
>>
>>74125218
>>74125425
fuck I read that as bench press not shoulder press. please ignore.
>>
>>74125444
Tracking volume is midwit busywork. # of sets (taken close to failure or to failure) is a better but still not great metric
>>
>>74119812
I get this if I haven't shaved for a few days. It clears up after a day or so of being clean shaven. Get it in my eyebrows too. It definitely comes and goes so feel like it might be diet related. I should do a food diet thing to see if I can find any correlations. I did have my suspicions that for me it was dairy, but cant confirm.
>>
>>74107343
it's not, but are you doing incline for upper chest?
>>
File: IMG_20240424_174450.jpg (104 KB, 716x524)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
Feeling pain at elbow is not normal while doing push ups right? Should I rest like three weeks, or is it nothingburger? Should I see a doctor?
>>
>>74124329
>preacher curl can fuck your elbows very easily
Decrease weight until your joints feel fine. If you stop treating your joints like vaginas, they will stop behaving like vaginas.

>Have any recommendations for back exercises?
The standing rows you already do are a good choice in your low-equipment situation. And I agree that randomly doing one side at a time is unnecessary.
Laying lat pullovers are great if you have a bench nearby.
And finally for the spinal erectors just SLDL's are good.
>>
>>74125114
>incline db bench
>cable flys
>incline press on the machine
flat bench is always the first thing when doing chest + tris so at least twice a week

I'm 148 at 5'8
>>
a PT was telling me as I'm a beginner (been lifting for two months, all compounds) I should ditch the compounds until I have developed a proper mind/muscle connection - is he right or should i disregard him and continue doing my deadlifts, OHP etc
>>
how long before my workout should I start sipping?
>>
>>74127356
I always say thirty minutes anon. Same as preworkout.
>>
>>74127359
Thanks man. That works out well as its about the length of my commute to the gym. Usually just grab a coffee but was gifted some C4 cans that I might give a shot.
>>
Ate a really salty meal before going to the gym the other night and the pump felt like my skin would tear off.
Anyone know if it's linked? I tried to google it but I get stuff about sodium potassium pump
>>
why are people actually doing 100% carnivore diets? especially where they only eat raw products. beyond the fact raw meat is really likely to carry bacteria, it seems impossible that you'd be able to get balanced micronutrients. no source for that assumption i genuinely can't be fucked to look into it myself it's so obviously dumb at first glance
>>
What's the absolute minimum program I should follow in a gym if I didn't have time to /home calisthenics/ 45-60min 3x/week anymore? I might escape NEETdom eventually and would like to maintain exercising for mental health mostly. I can currently dip 4x10 + 2x5 and 10x10 wide decline pushups bw + 16kg (makes me push 100% bw), 4x10 pullups and chinups. Leg and core day on the side with physiotherapist bc birth defects.
>>
>>74127525
I had the same experience after eating a sea salt flake turkish roll before gym. The pump was nuts.
>>
File: 1709950647657520.jpg (639 KB, 1271x1199)
639 KB
639 KB JPG
>>74103357
I know you guys like to joke about it, but is coffee actually good for you?
>>
What's up with the new jannies and absolute trash filling the log. It's not a porn board
>>
>be me
>pissing 20+ times a day for the past 3 years
>doctors have run every test they can think of and find nothing wrong with me other than generic "Overactive bladder"
>no medications have worked
>the only options doctors give me now are either to have botox periodically or get a $30k implant in my ass and my insurance is terrible
So if I'm ~70 pounds overweight right now, would losing all that excess weight be likely to lessen my symptoms? And do any /fit/ anons have any voodoo home remedies that might be able to help in the meantime? This is seriously so annoying I'm thinking of ending it all
>>
>>74127235
The best way to 'develop a proper mind/muscle connection' is to do compound exercises, just don't try figure out your 1RM while doing them and focus on proper execution. It's a 'safety' advice similar to how everything has choking hazard warnings because of a few retards hurting themselves
>>
I hurt my shoulder on the heavy bag from not warming up properly on Tuesday. I have a slight ache here and there but i'm like 85% better.
Should I still take it easy or can I risk chest day?
>>
File: 1693638962795969.jpg (51 KB, 331x331)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>74126913
Please respond
>>
>>74127562
Fix your shit, afterwards you could do 2/week full body. The easiest way to program it:
squats, a push, a pull from the floor (deads only once per week, I'd make power cleans the most commonly done pull), and pull ups every day. you will add isolations on top of that, but try to choose exercises that reduce the need for them (like, close grip bench and close grip chin ups instead of normal bench and pullups?). It's not optimal, but it will save time.
For reps and sets, grab Prieplin's table, and work one day at 75%, one at 80%, one next week at 85%, and repeat. Throw in some days when you test a rep max (at anywhere between 10 and 3 reps) if you want to.
As I said, not optimal, but with your time limits it's probably the best possible.
>>
>>74127542
Because eating normally is boring and doesn't attract views or sell products

>>74127692
Coffee is basically just caffeine, do you want caffeine? If yes, then coffee is a good source of it.
>>
I need advice from someone who has successfully escaped skinnyfat before: I am currently 209 lbs, 6'3". In the past through working out and eating right I've been down to 179 lbs. Even at 179lbs, I still could barely see any of my top 4 abs in perfect lighting, and I just looked really skinny.

My end goal is to have a lean and muscular body and visible abs. I am currently losing weight at a rate of about .5 lbs per day. Would it be better to keep losing weight until the point that I can see all my abs, which could be even down to like 160 lbs where I would be a skeleton, or would it be better to cut down to like 180ish and then slow bulk up to 190, cut, repeat?

Not that it matters but right now I'm running a 5 day bro split. Yeah yeah 1x a week isn't optimal frequency, but IDGAF because it's more fun, and while I'm losing so much fucking weight and also doing lots of cardio, it gives me more time to recover which is hard to do on such an aggressive cut.
>>
>clockwise ankle rotations
>can go on for about a minute and feels like nothing is happening
>counterclockwise
>last 10 slow rotations at most and instantly feel burn in the shins

what gives?
>>
Are there circumstances that radically change how much protein you need during the day?

Like say you use the calculators to figure out you need 60g of protein a day. Does that go down to like 20g or something if you just sleep the whole day?

I ask because the frothiness in my pee suggests i'm using way too much protein. But to get the frothiness to go away i need to eat way less protein than the calculators say.

Don't tell me i need to go to a doctor. The doctor would have me pee in a cup, find out my uric acid is high, and blah blah blah, that doesn't tell me anything you can't. The question about "how much vs activity" is going to get a big fat "some people" and "ymmv".

God damn i wish i could just ask for tests myself. Fucking doctor is literally useless.
>>
The doctor is turning into the cashier at the super market. The self-check out lane looks better and better all the time.
>>
Can one banana be enough for 1.5 hours of lifting? I always prepare 100 g of oats for a bowl of porridge and I ask myself whether I even need that meal.
I definitely need something before lifting (it's the first thing I do in the morning). If oatmeal isn't even needed, I can eat one more meal in the afternoon or in the evening as most of the time I'm fucking hungry
>>
total newbie here, what do I need to avoid doing during bicep curls so that I ACTUALLY activate my bicep?

I've tried loosening my grip, I've tried squeezing, I've tried rotating on the way up but it's always my forearms that gets tired/sore before my bicep seems to get a chance, what gives?
>>
>>74128750
Drink more water you dink.
>>
>>74128185
Start light and add weight slowly, stop if there's anything that feels off

>>74128226
Could be hand/arm placement is too close that's emphasizing triceps too much or if you're extremely fat and the extra weight is putting too much pressure on your arms. Try doing a lighter variation until it goes away but also widen your hands to put more emphasis on chest
>>
>>74129258
lel nevermind, made sure my wrist was supine near the top and it felt right
>>
>>74129028
A banana can be a breakfast, but have some sugars during the workout too.
Crushed corn flakes are a cheap way to basically get a maltodextrin supplement. Mix with whey and it's basically a weight gainer.
>>
>>74129488
I don't want to gain weight. I just want enough energy for the workout
>>
>>74128305
please someone help me I'm so scared
>>
>>74127542
Because it works. You only think it's retarded because you've been told to eat your veggies and grains your whole life. Yet you admitted you have no specific objections, just "it's so obviously dumb." Try it for 1-2 weeks and see for yourself.

As for raw meat, plenty of raw meat dishes exist and are eaten daily by certain cultures with no issues: steak tartare, carpaccio, sashimi. Bodybuilders used to drink raw eggs and raw milk. As long as you're getting the meat fresh from a healthy animal, it's fine.
>>
File: 1663438939913776.jpg (83 KB, 1100x1007)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>74128288
Is caffeine good for you?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.