[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why are there more and more people, mainly altrighters, shilling for smoking. Claiming that it's the cure for cancer and all kinds of lung disease. That addiction is actually beneficial. That smoking is extremely fit
>>
Smoking is fun and people always like to go against whatever the narrative is. That being said, its expensive, makes you stink and will kill you. I don't smoke and don't plan on it. In my youth i was a "cig or two when im drinking" type of guy. But I dont drink anymore either
>>
Contrarians. They also probably read somewhere that smoking boosts test and ran with it.
>>
File: 111.png (591 KB, 1024x678)
591 KB
591 KB PNG
>>74106133
i used to smoke in hs a lot, like a box per day

i will probly go back to it when im old or terminally ill
>>
I feel like it’s the same conspiracy as the “never wear sunscreen” gimmick. People are straight up trolling the alt/retvrn community into aging themselves faster and giving themselves cancer
>>
>>74106146
Saw some guy specifically claiming that smoking actually reduces cancer and even cures it and that it's extremely healthy
>>
>>74106133
I'm 40 something days clean and i really want to start smoking again. Once you beat the physiological addiction you'll have to deal with psychological one
>>
>>74106133
>Why are there more and more people
it's exactly the opposite bot
ayn rand
>>
I like smoking. Makes it easy to start conversation with random women
>>
since everyone stopped smoking it's cool again, I'm still trying to quit smoking using zyns. It's probably also because Philip Morries does some shady advertising. I think sunscreens are bad but I'm brown so I don't need it
>>
>>74106133
Contrarianism and one study that found increased testosterone in relation with nicotine.
Basically globohomo tells you to not smoke so it must be good for you.
I was a smoker for 12 years, started when I was 16, quit because of old /fit/, they suggested Allen Carr's book and it worked for me.
>>
>>74106133
nicotine has positive effects, but also fucks your blood pressure
smoking is bad and can give you cancer and other health issues
vaping is less bad, it hasn't been proven to give you cancer and other health issues, but I'm sure time will show that it's not free of pitfalls
I can't speak on zyn cuz I dunno how it's made
swedish snus (which is drastically different from american snus like camel as well as zyn) has been around for centuries, it has never been linked cancer but it does cause gum recession and can otherwise cause oral damage
zyn most likely has the same gum recession and oral damage
>>
>>74107008
zyns are manufactured in Sweden last I checked. I also checked out the ingredients, it's not too bad.
>>
>>74106133
>>74106146
>>74106184
>>74106478
Hey buddy its time for your 10th booster, scientists say its good for you
>>
>>74107078
>2 more weeks
>>
It’s literally because of the anti-smoking push. The dissident right just broadly assumes that anything promoted by the status quo is actually a Jewish trick.
>>
>>74106133
CIA plants attempting to sow disinformation.
>>
>>74107039
so zyn is made by swedish match, however they make it in the US
iirc sweden's laws basically require them to be transparent about how it's made and what's in it, I think they can be a bit more secretive about development over here
probably still leagues better than american snus brands, swedish snus tastes a lot better imo though, could never get into zyn
>>
>>74106133
Started smoking as an impressionable teenager. Stopped at 25. Luckily it didn’t fuck up my skin, teeth, or lungs before I quit.

All I can say is that once you’ve quit this stuff you realise how pathetic you had been all those years of dependency. At BEST it makes you a feeble person who needs to ruin every pleasant occasion by stepping out to choke on expensive, disgusting little tubes of carcinogens. At worst it’ll rob you of your physical health too, ruin your skin, your clothes, your teeth, and turn you into a pariah with anyone who doesn’t share your disgusting “habit”. I got lucky, and I still wouldn’t even think about ever doing that shit again.
>>
>>74106133
Jews
>>
>>74107192
yeah, I've tried Swedish snus a few years before but zyns are just way more convenient.
>>
File: ritsuko_smoking.gif (2.88 MB, 446x337)
2.88 MB
2.88 MB GIF
Smoking looks absolutely SOVL.
I wish I could smoke without the consequences.
That said I smoked 2 cigarettes in my life and they tasted like shit and made me vomit, so there's that
>>
>>74106133
How do people get addicted? I only get a craving like once every 1-3 months, smoke 1/4 - 1 pack, then forget about it for another 1-3 months
>>
>>74106478
These are the same people who say humans are carnivores and sun their butthole
>>
>>74106751
I'm 6 months in. The 1-2 months were literal hell.
It gets WAY easier after 3-4 months. Right now I'm like I was before. Not only do I not crave it anymore but I'm repulsed by the smell like I always used to be. I'm effectively an ex-smoker at this point.
I smoked for 7 years so it depends. If you've smoked for longer it might take a while longer for you.
The solution is the same though. Do not give in, and you will be rewarded. Trust me when I say that the pain is short term.
>>
>>74107078
anon it makes your lungs brown. it cant be good. it stinks too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wsXee9SZ04
>>
>>74106133
I don't know anyone who's saying smoking is good for you, but there are plenty of sources correctly advising of the benefits of nicotine.

First, nicotine is a nootropic and can be attributed to overall brain health and prevention of cognitive decline.
Second, nicotine is a mitochondria uncoupler - which is why it's so good at increasing your metabolism - protip, this is why smokers tend to be thinner than non-smokers.
Third, nicotine is known to increase testosterone.

And lastly, nicotine protects you from covid spike proteins by binding to the receptors where the spike would go. This is why tobacco users had nearly no fatalities during the "epidemic".

Also, it should be noted that nicotine by itself isn't as addictive as the (((FDA))) says it is. Significant quantities of nicotine are present in foods like eggplant, tomatoes, and cauliflower, but nobody is jonesing for eggplant parm. It's additives like pyrazines that make tobacco products addictive. Think about it: why would companies go through the added cost of putting in a million chemicals into their cigs if the nicotine was supposed to be the part that gets you hooked?
>>
>>74108076
yeah that's the sort of half truths, fuckwit dog whistles and utter balderdash OP was talking about
>>
>>74108151
Why are you even on /fit/? Shouldn't you be out getting another sØy latte?
>>
>>74108076
>nobody is jonesing for eggplant parm
I am always jonesing for eggplant parm.
>>
>>74106184
yeah it's basically this, but at least with the sunscreen thing they usually recommend to use mineral based (zinc oxide) sunscreens instead of the synthetic ones so they at least offer an alternative. the pro-nicotine push definitely seems like some really obvious plot to filter all of the gullible idiots out of polite society and into an early grave
>>
>>74108076
>nootropic
the nootropic community on reddit is dead ever since all the major vendors had to stop carrying the stuff that actually worked (racetams, phenibut, modafinil precursors, etc.) and switched to all of this gay mushroom and indian herb shit that doesn't do anything
>>
>>74106133
Here is the article about the alleged benefits of smoking if anyone wants to read it
>>
https://www.sott.net/article/338885-A-comprehensive-review-of-the-many-health-benefits-of-smoking-Tobacco
>>
>>74107136
But this is just plain retarded. You can clearly see the effect that smoking has on people around you. Smokers in my family had yellow teeth and coughed constantly. When I was in highschool, kids who started smoking got considerably worse at running in PE class.
>>
>>74106133
Genuine psyop because to lower the average lifespan in America.
>>
I'm a chainsmoker, but only rollups, I don't touch cigarettes.
A lot of smokers do it for the aesthetic or the social side, and they always end up complaining about it. Don't do that. Try it, if you love it like I do, neat. If not, just don't continue.
There are genuine benefits to nicotine, whether they outweigh the risks is more down to genetics than anything, like everything else.
>>
>>74106133
It’s a shit habit but it does boost you socially.
Not worth it in the lung run.
>>
>>74109207
Yellow teeth aren't a problem with good dental hygeine. Smoking does tend to attract people who are lax there, though.
The coughing is a problem for some people, others not.
And the stamina hit is undeniable. There are a few ways to counteract it but you'll never be as fit as you would be without it.
>>
>>74106146
Cotinine is a nicotine metabolite, it is an aromatase inhibitor and thus will "boost" test by preventing it's conversion into estrogen.
>>
>>74107798
Thats not from tobacco tard, its just the chemicals they put in it
>>
>>74106133
I think nicotine is genuinely good for you but smoking is a meme. I just chew nicotine gum. It's good for focus, apatite suppression and some studies have shown that it can prevent alzheimer's disease. Also because I'm not inhaling anything my lungs are fine and I've gone days without it no problem.
>>
>>74109224
I used to love it and advocated for it. Also only roll your own. Then they started to really sap my energy and just make me feel ill and poisoned so I stopped. That was over a year ago. Have had no urge since stopping, not even in the first day or two.
>>
>>74107008
Lol I smoke regularly and have gotten like 60bpm and ~110 over whatever without doing much cardio at all.
>>
How much of a retard do you have to be to lack the self control to smoke only occasionally? It's as simple as saying "I'll smoke this much today" and sticking to it. Those retards who go on to develop an addiction frankly deserve whatever comes to them.
>>
>>74109215
Other countries smoke more than America and live longer
>>
>>74109654
>I'm not addicted I just smoke everyday of my life till I die
>>
>>74106133
Funny enough my random chronic coughing began to go away after smoking a pack of menthol American Spirits
>>
>>74110102
Where did anyone say or imply this
>>
>>74109476
Thats also a thing, not sure where the addiction part kicks in. I've had to stop twice during hospital recoveries from illness and had no withdrawals. I missed it, but I wasn't counting down the seconds. I can't tell if some people just are more prone to that reaction or if they just trick themselves into finding something to bitch about.
>>
>>74107372
True.
>>
>>74106133
It looks cool and is addictive once you've had it. If you wanna be cool just smoke herbal ciggies.
>>
>>74106133
>class A cigs
>can only be smoked above 18,000 feet MSL with IFR clearance
Mad gay
>>
You think you are special until the day you spit a ball of mucus with blood in the sink

Or a little blister appears on the top of your mouth

How much is the health care here you life? I wonder how it feels to face the certainty that you will have to endure all stages of pain until this shit eat you alive to the point you brain turn off

Smoking is so soulful
>>
I have no hope for a better future.
>>
>>74110811
Lol iddybabybiddyboo scared of a little cancer
>>
I wish I could smoke for aesthetic reasons but I saw what it did to my uncle. Constantly coughing but yet still smoking this shit cause hes addicted.

Not worth it
>>
>>74109229

ya that's the thing. Why not just find a better delivery method that doesn't involve the bi-products of smoking. Chewing nicotine gum is a good first step but I do believe there should be a better way to induce the psycho-somatic relief of smoking.....
>>
don't vape
I did it for 2 years and busted my heart and arteries
>>
File: 1713786890051280.jpg (255 KB, 1164x2332)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>74106133
even without smoking nicotine dependence is incompatible with high level cardio

25 minute MMA fight? 6min wrestling match? the zynner can't hang
>>
Lel, I love how smoking triggers all the zoomer retards. You gyus still have a lower lfie expectancy and age worse than everyone else, all without smoking.

But anyway, now that cigs are hilariously expensive and don't taste good anymore for some reason, I also stopped. Started getting nauseous too suddenly, they probably secretly added new stuff. Blearch. And I just stopped smoking a year ago, there was no problem with addiction or anything, I think most of you are just being retarded as usual.
>>
>>74110811
And yet you use the internet which is bad for you, why dont you stop?
>>
>>74108772
Maybe phenibut is regulated where you live, but racetams are still very accessible.
>>
>>74108076
This is retarded as fuck. You'd need to eat like 15-20 eggplants in order to ingest the same amount of nicotine found in one cigarette, and you'd need several dozen MORE tomatoes and cauliflowers to achieve the same.

Do you really think stomach digestion of several dozen plants containing trace amounts of nicotine each is going to be as bioavailable as inhaling concentrated nic straight into your lungs, through the bronchus? Dumbass use your brain.
>>
>>74106133
>altrighters
Everyone who does not promote sex with trannies, kids or dogs is an altrighter.
Fuck off
>>
>>74111670
I smoke occasionally smoke on parties and I regularly use snus. I just think it's retarded to claim that smoking is a cure for everything and that "smoking is bad" is just a psyop by the jews
>>
>he doesn't convince other people to start smoking to push down the competition
NGMI
>>
>>74110183
I've tried to stop snus a few times. When I thought that i would get withdrawals, I actually got them and felt horrible. But one time I just kinda forgot to buy snus and didn't think about it and I got no withdrawals, apart from cravings. I think that a big part of nicotine withdrawal is just placebo.
>>
>>74106133
Because it's seen as manly
>>
>>74106133
Thoughts on snuff?
>>
>>74111670

Yeah, I also quit because at some point they started tasting like shit. I quit without effort, I actually wanted to keep smoking and tried different cigarettes but I didn't like anything so I quit. I don't know why they did that, probably they're pushing vapes and those iqos cancer shits
>>
File: anzu_raucht.jpg (14 KB, 480x480)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
I miss baccy so much it's unreal. Smoke one for me will ya?
>>
>>74112732
Probably the most harmless kind of tobacco products. It's also extremely cheap. And it smells/tastes pretty good.
>>
>>74112601
What if we smoked the eggplant?
>>
>>74112961
Holy shit genius
>>
>>74106133
It's because there are some links between nicotine intake and increased testosterone levels (especially important if you believe your water/air/soil/food are tainted with estrogenics) and, recently, being right-wing is seen as radical and rebellious against the system/establishment. Cool rebels smoke cigarettes.
>>
>>74106133
I love smoking itself but I quit since nicotine is a shit tier drug and smells like shit. Wish they sold """healthy""" cigarettes
>>
File: churchwarden.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
>>74106133
smoking is bad, but can be relaxing, just smoke occasionally (1 or 2 times per month) cigars or pipes, and don't inhale the smoke
>>
>>74106144
Same. But I also don't have an addictive personality. In college my roommate smoked, so if we were out at a bar or party, I would go outside for a smoke with him. People also liked to spliff their joints which I enjoyed.
But I never took it up as a habit or felt compelled to smoke. Also gave up drinking in college because it wasn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>74113735
same for me, i partied in Friday or Satuday and smoked half pack which drinking, but didn't touch cigarettes or booze during the week when i was going to class or doing random stuff, still for fun tobacco and alcohol are the best drugs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.