[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1683055947761921.png (921 KB, 1080x1080)
921 KB
921 KB PNG
Should I buy some kettlebells? What weight do I get?
>>
>>74109724
It's up to you, I don't really mind.
>>
>>74109724
Start with 1 pood
>>
>>74109724
If you get some kettlebells get 2. Assuming you're not excessively fat you should have a light one and a heavy one. Light one is 15% of your bodyweight and is used for stuff like snatches and swings. Heavy one is 30% of your bodyweight and is for stuff like push presses and squats
>>
>>74109724
Sure. I love having some kettlebells at home so I can get a quick workout in when I'm short on time.
>>
>>74109724
Weight is weight. Your muscles don't care what kind of weights you're using.
>>
>>74110165
Mine do. They won't grow if I use dumbbells.
>>
>>74110174
Have you considered using bigger dumbbells?
>>
>>74110204
Why would the size of them matter? My muscles don't like the dumbbells. Getting bigger ones isn't going to change that.
>>
>>74109724
I literally just started using a kettlebell today for the first time. Did 110 swings using 18lbs just to see where I'm at.
Did 50, 30, 30. I plan to stay here for at least a week and then move up to 25lbs or whatever weight my gym has.

I've known about kettlebells for years but didn't understand the benefits so I just skipped it. Now I know it strengthens the posterior chain and basically improves your bodies power significantly.
>>
>>74110686
Also 110 swings had me way more exhausted than I was expecting. Felt good tho, plan to continue it alongside typical weightlifting and cardio routine.
>>
>>74109724
Reckon kettlebells look cool. How do you train with them?
>>
>>74109733
>pood
Jesus christ kettlebellfags are special snowflakes. You could use kgs or lbs but no. You have to have your own special little system so you can make kettlebells all mysterious and apealing to the general public.

No one in their right mind would ever by a kettlebell if they have an option for a barbell and/or dumbell with plates. Kettlebells were used by Russians in the 18th century and unless you are some poor, stupid, illiterate peasant farmer trying to make it as a circus strongman just to avois deqth by starvation, you should by dumbells.
>>
>>74111397
There are two main things to do with kettlebells: kettlebell sports and hardstyle.
Kettlebell sports is about strength endurance. They try to snatch or jerk kettlebells for as many reps as possible for 10 minutes. The way you train with them is to build a strength base using barbells while working on technique with the kettlebells and then gradually increase the length for which you snatch, jerk etc
Hardstyle is about developping explosiveness and strength endurance. After learning the basics you would start to work towards swinging a 32kg kb 100 times in 5 minutes whilsts being as explosive at the end as you were at the beginning. You would also work up to 10 turkish getups in 10 minutes. After that, you can use them to increase your one handed press and work to 100 snatches in 10 minutes with 24kg.
I would personally not try to achieve this with only kettlebells. Its worth alternating 3 months periods of pure strength work (ie barbells) with kettlebells.
>>
>>74111941
You shouldn't bother. Kettlebellcels have already given up on strength, being lean, doing actual cardio or having any mass. It's all about "endurance" in movments no one needs more endurance in. But it makes them feel like they're doing something and that is apparently just enough to deadend their progress elsewhere. It would be hilarious if they didn't post here so much but I guess whoever has to liquidate their inventory after the price drop.
>>
>>74109724
I would only buy two at most and replace them with heavier ones as desired
>>
>>74110215
Not with that attitude
>>
>>74109832
Good advice

What is your goal?
>>
>>74109724
I have a 20kg one and after a while I got a 28kg that I can now press a few times. The 20kg one is light enough for basically any exercise imo but that depends on whether you are starting out weak like me or you have already done other kinds of resistance training
>>
>>74111941
Poods are easier to assume, its like russian Stones (heavier) but not quite, 1Pood = 8kg or 16 ish lbs so we know exactly what size you are using.
>>
>>74111397
There's grind movements which are like bodybuilding movements and olympic lifts which are as the name suggests, Swings, Clean, Snatch & Jerk are the most common, deadlifts and frontsquats are pretty great case-use with KBs as well as racked/suitcase carries. Pullovers and skull-crushers on an adjustable bench are great, you can do pullovers and single arm floor presses for good gains.

Where KBs also shine are grip training need to improve your grip strength for arm wrestling try this?: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/UftagcTYeAA
>>
>>74109724

Waste of time. Do calisthenics if you don't want to lift weights.
>>
>>74112727
adding a kettlebell to a bar and rings isn't a big expense in money and space and it lets you do a bunch of other exercises, especially for the legs
>inb4 post body
no thank you I'm dyel, but you know I'm right
>>
>>74112759
Also, towel wrap around to KB handle? Lets you do arm isolation very well without swing.
>>
>>74112759
>>74112767

All that work just for sub-optimal exercises that basically nobody has gotten jacked on. If I was rich as fuck, I'd probably get a ton of kbs because they can be fun, but it's a terrible way to spend money if you're on any kind of budget.
>>
>>74112793
KB rus swings and front squats for 1x3 minutes daily would make your legs pretty jacked, your back stronger and possibly you could tone down to a lean physique in the abs as well and develop grip strength. I've noticed that pullovers mixed with floor presses are a great way work your upper body muscles in isolation, you can do so with a barbell as well if you have a gym around and a free bench, if I were a rich fuck, I would probably buy one of those smith machine + pulley tower adjustable bench type of deals and adjustable dumbbells for my fitness set room, I wouldn't care about competing in powerlifting in general, probably that room would also have a treadmill in it and a TV that I could watch movies/anime/youtube on or something whilst running.

What rich people compete in is how many notes they lift into their bank account, not how many plates they can lift on their deadlift bar.
>>
>>74109724
op read through this thread and see that even the people shilling for kettlebells are admitted dyels
>>
>>74112793
I got my 20kg kettlebell for like 60 euros at decathlon, admittedly I might have been able to get some really shitty dumbbells at roughly the same price but the point is that it's still comfortably in the poorfag tier and waaaay cheaper than a set of barbell + plates (which I don't even have space for in my cuckpartment). If you have limited space and money calisthenics plus some weights is the best you can do, I chose kb over db just because it seemed more fun even if it's slightly more limiting. Yeah I'll never look like a bodybuilder just with this but it's still much better than sitting on my ass all day
>>
>>74109724
I started with 1.5 pood. It was clearly way too heavy at first but I somehow struggled my way out of the barrier and could finally exercise with it
>>
>>74112699
1 pood = 16kg
1.5 pood = 24kg
2 pood = 32kg
>>
>>74112841

Shitty 1 inch dumbbells would be better. They would allow actual progressive overload beyond more reps with weights being easily added as you progress. Combined with calisthenics, you could have some real workouts.

If op wants a fun activity that improves general fitness, then, yeah, kbs will do.
>>
>>74112881
You'll never catch an american using or understanding kilos.
>>
>>74112888
dumbbells are more bang for your buck and a more efficient tool for sure.
The problem is that OP said nothing about his objectives and his fitness needs, but he probably just wanted to make a bait thread
>>
File: 1712097986141.webm (1.13 MB, 240x426)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB WEBM
>>74112920
that's true you can do all the classic kettlebell execises with dumbells too
>>
>>74109724
I started going to the gym about 6 months ago to work on being a fat fuck, no idea what's your situation or progress, so YMMV.
Anyway, I got a 12KG which I use for stuff like clean & press. I feel like I should've gone straight for a 16KG or more because I feel like I'm already outclassing the 12KG, but it's still nice to have something lighter for warmups and more wider movements, and soon I'll probably get a bigger one for actual shit like squats and rows.
>>
>>74112929
you'd have to spend quite a bit more for dumbbells that go up to at least 20kg each unless you find second-hand ones somewhere, but it would be worth it in the long run. I wouldn't do stuff like snatches and swings with them but those are specific exercises for specific needs (I like swings but I feel like they are overhyped)
>>
>>74112699
>easier to assume
>kinda like this foreign rock but not quite

>claims to know _exactly_ what size they are using
>1pood = 16lbs(ish)

jesus christ
>>
just get iron bucket and throw rocks into it. boom you got adjistqbpe kettlebell lmao
>>
>>74112696
How long did it take you to press the 28kg, and did you do any fitness/exercise before?
>>
File: IMG_2491.jpg (2.36 MB, 4048x5172)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
>>74109724

I steal them from my gym. I take one every few days. I have two of 5s to 35s currently and that includes all the .5s in between.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.