[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: glass_water.jpg (66 KB, 1000x1000)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Have a glass of water, fatty edition

>How do I start fasting?
By not eating. If you get a migraine or other serious side effects, break your fast with a small amount of low-carb food and start again immediately after.
Recommended app on app store is LIFE Fasting Timer & Tracker

>Electrolytes (recommended for fasts over 3 days):
sodium ~500-1,000 mg/day
potassium ~2,500 mg/day
magnesium ~400 mg/day

>thinspo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGHXQcryxik [Embed] [Embed]

>BUT FASTING IS LE BAD!!!!!!1
Fasting is safe and effective for weight loss, improves emotional wellbeing, blood pressure, does not have life-threatening side effects: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6314618/#sec029title
Fasting reduces cardiovascular and metabolic disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8951503/
Fasting is good for your cock: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33396948/

Prev >>74071672
>>
>>74110969
How 2 make snake piss? I fasted for the first time sunday and my cramps at the end were painful
>>
>>74111019
You're not drinking enough water, fren.
>>
>>74111019
Just mix salt and potassium in water and drink it.
Lately I have been just taking pinches of salt every now and then and nothing else.
>>
>>74111049
Forgot about magnesium, I take magnesium glycinate before bed sometimes.
>>
File: Food destroy.webm (517 KB, 480x480)
517 KB
517 KB WEBM
>>
83.5kg or 22.2 bmi this morning. Goal weight is around 82.8kg, or 22 bmi.
Actual goal weight will be probably just under 80kg so that when I eat I dont go too much over that 82.8kg.

Im only at my third day of fasting and couldnt really sleep well last night. Any other leaner bros here got any tips for a better sleep? Kept waking up the whole night, wasnt really hungry but couldnt stay asleep.
>>
>>74111170
Make sure you are well hydrated (but don't drink water immediately before bed). If possible sleep warm so that you don't get chills. If you can't manage a complete fast, have a little bit of protein before bed to stabilize blood sugar levels. Fiber can also help (again not too much). Melatonin is overkill, stay away from it. I have had good results with valerian tea. Also make sure all of the lights are completely OFF 1 hour before bed. This allows your brain to make natural melatonin. Blue light especially blocks this process.
>>
File: Kevin_James_Shrugging.jpg (180 KB, 660x799)
180 KB
180 KB JPG
The fasting thread is slow tonight
>>
Why does weight fly off even when doing 16:8
>>
>>74111344
I fasted off 70lbs 3 years ago and now I am slightly in shape with some hanging skin. My bod literally attracts attention altough I am nothing mor ethan a dadbod now. Even though people make it out to be something online, I still catch people taking a look. It feels good but has netted me exactly nothing. Not one date, a job, or anything. No meets or opportunities at all. Basically nothing happened, world is still a completely opaque wall for me. Not worth it but it was something to do.
>>
i drank some soda and it gave me disgusting burps and i didn't drop any weight.
but it gave my knowledge.
i hate that the german beer brewerie started making soda and it's the tastiest soda available.
>>
Fellow fasting chads, what are some good indoors movements I could do for some sort of cardio that doesnt make me too hungry, doesnt need to be too effective, just something to get the blood flowing and stave off the boredom of fasting?
ITS FUCKING SNOWING OUTSIDE even though its almost fucking summer and Id like to go for a walk but Im not going to since its so fucking cold and windy outside.
>>
>>74112677
jumping jacks
>>
What's up my fellow fatties, 14% bf fatty here. How's your fast going? Today is me 2nd day of refeed- oranges, meat with eggs, milk and cheese I'll the way.
Remember- life starts at 12%, until then we're all severely obese landwhales
>>
>>74112805
I get to eat tomorrow, in around 28 hours. Will probably be having tatoes and ground meat, maybe make a pizza. Really close to my goal weight but Im pretty sure I have to revise my goal weight for the second time. Its annoying how much fat one REALLY has. You dont even know how much fat you actually have until you start to lose it.
>life starts at 12%, until then we're all severely obese landwhales
Agreed. I keep pinching my disgusting fat reserves to remind myself why Im doing this. Jesus Im really starting to truly hate the extra fat I have on me.
>>
>>74112829
Yeap, same happened for me. I thought I'm at 20% until I got to actual 20%, then I thought I got to 15% until I actually got to 15%, now 13-14% depending on water intake and I still feel absolutely disgusting. When you look at yourself in mirror and jump around flexed, you see that small water pouch on your abs jiggling, it physically makes me sick and I hate myself more than ever. Being fat isn't as psychology hard as being close to your Ideal but still looking at that last lump on your abs. That shit is absolutely vile
>>
>>74112848
>That shit is absolutely vile
Aye. Thank god fasting is a pretty fast (heh) way to lose the weight, how fun it would be to restrict calories and live in agony to lose like 5% of body fat in couple of months instead of 2-3 weeks.
>>
>>74112871
Quite literally. I'll never understand CICO fags. Do you really want to torture yourself constantly starving? I have close to zero appetite when I'm fasting and it really feels great. Being on a constant deficit would make me want to eat 24/7...
>>
File: 1697646472951186.jpg (208 KB, 1278x1280)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
>it's fasting day again
>>
I will break my fast today with some buratta, I technically broke it yesterday with soda, but I realized that I started to have cravings and I need to take care of those in a controlled manner before I do some dumb shit.
>>
>>74113082
>I technically broke it yesterday with soda
Did you drink a sugary soda? I drink sugar free stuff all the time on my fasts, doesnt affect me that much. I cant even drink regular sodas now days since they all taste way too sweet to me.
>>
>>74113095
yea I drank a can of Paulaner Spezi, I had some during my refeed last week and I craved them ever since and yesterda I gave into my cravings.
Probably needed another day of eating.
>>
>>74110969
>>
>>74113231
>day old pasta
pasta is so cheap why wouldn't you make it fresh?
>>
File: dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg (157 KB, 1024x651)
157 KB
157 KB JPG
Reminder to everyone to not feed the trolls. Just ignore them and don't give them any (You)s. They don't seem to like fasting so let them starve.
>>
>>74113275
>post full of facts
>heeelllppp it's a troll ignore ignore ignore
You sound like a liberal woman in 2016 presidential election lol fasting does that tho
>>
>>74113275
As you can clearly see, they are quite hungry for (You)s. Just ignore them and keep on fasting my fellow fasting chads.
>>
>>74113283
You sound like a fat faggot who is so morbidly obese he can't help himself but to drag down everybody with him. Crabs in a bucket. How about you start starving?
>>
>>74113291
>>74113294
Fasting does tank testosterone hard so that explains why you all sound like liberal women
>>
>>74113299
Has never been reported in any study. It doesn't tank your free testosterone and it actually spikes your HGH 5x+ times. Start starving because your brain fog shows
>>
>>74113326
Denial and lying only takes you so far bitch
>>
What are the most common fasting practices? I've only ever done 1-2 week water fasts and OMAD because I have troubles to fall asleep hungry.

Also, maybe I'm weird, but light exercise shunts hunger pawns and I'm absolutely unable to eat anything right after heavy exercise.
>>
>>74113333
That's rich from a fatty's mouth
>>
>>74113348
I do around 90 hour rolling fasts. Might switch things around soon since getting leaner is making the fasts get a bit harder.
Was thinking of eating on wednesdays, fridays and saturdays and fasting the rest of the week.
Might slow down my weight loss some but I am quite close to my goals anyways and fasting would STILL be way faster than the torture that is daily calorie deficit.
>>74113357
Please do not feed the troll anymore.
>>
>>74113357
Studies cited: still zero. Lying bitch.

>>74113366
Yet you're still a fat fuck, how's that late night binge eating cycle working for yah lol
>>
>>74112677
this. If you don't have parallettes make them or use some kind of sturdy substitute to put your weight on. As you get stronger you can do the movement slower and more controlled. If you want to make it more like a cardio movement make it so you practically do a controlled jump through your arms and land with your legs extended and your feet flat on the floor then reset by doing the jump backwards and landing on the balls of your feet with your legs as extended as you can manage. If you get strong at this kind of movement and can do it super slow your rotator cuff will get strong as fuck.
>>
>>74113366
I've noticed that 48-72h rolling fasts under 15% are better than 72h+ rolling fasts. You're right about them getting harder once you get closer to the goal. It's not a psychological factor for sure, more like less fat to feed your body (at least what I've experienced). I might switch to 48h rolling fasts entirely once I reach 12% because I already see how difficult it'll become. Those last steps are always the hardest because you're fighting against thermodynamics. I'm doing either 48-72h water fasts or lately I've implemented 48h dry fast which shows incredible results.
>>
Just got home from work and checked my weigth, 0.4kg lighter than this morning. Jesus christ the weight just melts off so fucking fast when you fast.
Gonna go walk to the store to grab me some milk to make my protein ice cream for tomorrows refeed and I will probably be even fucking lighter when I get back.
>>74113399
This seems quite interesting, I could probably use the safeties on my squat stands as handles to do this. Thanks!
>>
>Yet you're still a fat fuck
Ehh, my BMI is 22.1, I dont think that is very fat.
>>
>thought i was gonna have to break my weekly 48hr half way because i had some shit i was nervous about at work, was worried about brainfog
>ended up being OK and kept fasting with a cuppa black joe
gonna cook and fucking demolish some egg fried rice, with like 10 eggs
(i’ll only be able to eat half because istg my actual stomach organ shrinks with this shit)
>>
>fasting for a day
>eating other day
yay or nay?
>>
I'm 36 hours into a fast that I want to push to 72 hours but might see if I can go longer depending on what the scale says. Losing 15 pounds before June 1st would be ideal.
>>74113326
doesn't HGH increase after 48 hours, or is it increasing the whole time you fast no matter the length? Is HGH only increased for the time you're fasting or is there a lasting effect
>>
>>74113781
go for it
>>
>>74113781
its very sustainable and feels better than restricting yourself to "refeed windows" like you're an animal
>>
File: IMG_0767.png (233 KB, 1125x2436)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
Did dirty ass rolling 48s to get from 290 to 210 last year.

Currently 250lbs. Going to start doing rolling 72s until 200lbs, maybe 180lbs.

Walking two hours daily until I’m comfortable with it all and then will transition into lifting.

Wish me luck, gents.
>>
>>74113813
you can lift any time you want
>b-b-buh i’ll be too weak when fasting…
you dont have to clean and jerk 5 plates, just do a routine and start nice and light to see what you can handle on that day. i believe EVERYONE looking to lose weight and keep weight off should focus on hypertrophy. more muscle means more tissue that needs to be fed, and if you have more than like 9% bodyfat on you, there’s plenty of fucking fuel. it’s hard though, but it is possible.
>>
>>74113842
It’s just a mentality/morale/weakness thing for me. I’ve sort of always been a fat fuck. To do this is very mentally taxing for me. I tend to give up and fail completely if I fail in one area. So I don’t want to start lifting and then knock over my entire house of cards because I didn’t go or didn’t do well on a lifting day. But I am pretty scared of the consequences that come with fasting and no lifting. I’m thinking I’ll start going back to the gym in one month.
>>
>>74113787
HGH increases once your glycogen reserves are depleted. It could be 12h and even up to 48h depending on what you've eaten. I keep my carbs low and I know for sure my reserves are depleted within 24-36h window. HGH spikes to preserve muscle from muscle loss and that is triggered once the last drop of glycogen from carbs runs dry. If you're on keto, your HGH should spike within 12-18h
>>
File: 20240423_100706.jpg (3.07 MB, 4032x3024)
3.07 MB
3.07 MB JPG
breakfast
>>
So fucking cold bros. Gonna have to put on my fucking winter jacket indoors.
>>74114544
Looking good. Wish I could eat today.
>>
fasting but with casein protein shakes
y/n?
>>
>>74114838
Why? To completely sabotage your digestive system with low absorption synthetic protein replacement which will skyrocket your appetite and force you to binge on literally anything you'll find around your home?
>>
>>74114883
because it doesnt spike blood sugar or insulin and i still get amino acids despite not eating much at all
>>
>>74114897
and it has electrolytes and sodium
>>
So it's a choice between feeling like shit from too little snake juice or non stop diarrhea from too much. I hate fasting.
>>
>>74114897
If you really believe that a powder is something so good it's considered the 2nd coming of Jesus, go ahead and sabotage your digestive system. I guess a man has to learn from his own mistakes, not from others. Might as well replace all meat on earth with this magical powder
>>
>>74115009
i dont know why you're asserting that i think it's the "2nd coming of jesus"
you sound mentally ill, I just want amino acids while fasting for a day or two
>>
>>74115002
How can you get nonstop diarrhea if you aren't eating anything? Just shitting water? Seems like you're doing short enough fasts that you don't really need the snake juice if there's still something to shit out.
>>
>>74114838
Eh, I just fast without anything but you can try if it works for you.
I just made 3 pints of protein ice cream with whey/casein blend and licked the remainder after filling the pints and I can already feel the hunger ramping up a bit.
>>
>>74115016
Maybe, just maybe eat meat? Literally cheaper and more bioavailable amino acids. I've experimented with food in various ways and liquid "food" just revs up appetite. For example try making a smoothie out of banana, milk, eggs, ice-cream and honey and drink it, and switch on timer and check out how fast you'll be hungry again, then eat the same amount of everything previously mentioned and see how fast you'll feel hungry. Your body literally needs to digest food. I'm literally trying to help you out here, man. But do whatever you want and experiment for yourself
>>
>>74115090
casein doesnt rev up my appetite and it has the same amount of bioavailable amino acids as meat
i think you're confusing casein with whey
>>
>>74115122
It is processed thus has lower bioavailability than meat. Just as a steak is more bioavailable than fully cooked pork and raw meat is more bioavailable than steak. Cooking is processing too. The more you mess with your food, the lower the bioavailability, simple as. I'm not suggesting you to eat raw meat, I'm just talking about bioavailability
>>
>>74115156
lol okay bud
>>
>>74115024
>Just shitting water?
Yes, I'm 18 days in.
>>
>>74115173
shitting water means you're consuming too much sodium
>>
>>74110969
>>Electrolytes (recommended for fasts over 3 days):
>sodium ~500-1,000 mg/day
>potassium ~2,500 mg/day
>magnesium ~400 mg/day
just put the actual snake juice recipe back in the op
this thread is meant to be helpful to retards too
keeping it vague just makes people unnecessarily ask the same questions over and over
>>
>>74115164
Your cognitive dissonance is showing. Just fast and get that clarity of mind.
>>
>>74115327
if processing makes a food less bioavailable and cooking is a form of processing then why are cooked eggs more bioavailable than raw
retard
>>
>>74110969
Serious question:
Cancer cells kill you by greedily soaking up all the nutrients that were meant for the Region they are located in and reproduce super quickly because their liefspan is much shorter than your average cells right?
So if you only drink water for two weeks they will starve to death and you will be free of cancer right?
Sadghuru said this in a video that i cannot seem to find anywhere, is this true? Can someone disprove it?
Ofc the general public should never find out because cancer treatment is the lost profitable for (((big pharma)))
>>
>>74112067
What soda is that?
>>
>>74115384
As showed by one study (usually cited by fags like you), while many other studies vary. To this day no study shows varied results about meat. The only purpose of cooking meat since we found out how to make fire, was to conserve it for longer periods. It had nothing to do with bioavailability. Vegetables on the other hand has to be processed to get those trace minerals out of that fiber cell and to neutralise poisons protecting it. Like I said, you do you and learn from from your own mistakes. I was trying to help you but it looks like you know better so I'll just step back.
>>
>>74115416
Yes, some older studies (from 60s if I remember correctly) show regression in cancer cells and in some cases completely curing human body. There are actual real people registered as being cured through fasting. Then again, the shortest period mentioned was 21 days so you'll probably have to starve yourself for a month to fully target those cells
>>
File: 1684988403990073.gif (2.84 MB, 498x498)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB GIF
Well my fast has ended, see you guys next week
>>
>>74115502
Later
>>
>>74115489
Thank you very much, i'll do 40 days like jesus did in the desert, that even defeats the devil.
How do you start avout this? You probably cannot just stop eqting for 40 days, right? You have to work yourself up to it, how do you do this and do you know some good books on this topic i should read?
>>
>>74115559
No book will teach you willpower. Basically all the essential information can be gathered through carefully selected YouTube videos. It's a pretty basic topic desu. I wouldn't necessarily recommend you go straight in for 40 days. Few of people have done it here (I'm not between them) and it has it's drawbacks. I'd recommend that only if you have some serious health issues that has to be targeted and you should carefully monitor your body throughout fast like that. Any bad side effect and you should break it. Start with rolling 48-72s, then try 5 day fasts, then 7 days. See how your body reacts, see your limits, see how strong is your willpower. It's easier if you live on your own. I for example live with my son and I have to prepare food for him every day, so you get my temptation to binge on that shit every single time I do things in kitchen.
>>
>>74115710
This desu.
>>74115559
Get rid of ALL food in the house except for maybe some sort of emergency food to break your fasts with so you dont have any temptations during your fast if you are going to go for a longer one.
I find that after couple of months of rolling multiple day fasts it gets easier every time. Just starting the fast is usually the hardest for me, its just so goddamn easy to talk myself into eating for another day after I break my fast but when I get into fasting its not too bad to continue, unless you are a really lean person. The leaner I get the hungrier I become during my fast tho, you might want to bulk up on fat if you are already pretty lean and really want to fast for a long ass time.
>>
>>74115186
I know, which was the point of my original post. I either feel drained from lack of electrolytes or sick from too much, fuck you're dense.
>>
>>74115772
Try switching to sodium only. It'll conserve all other minerals within cells. Play around with 2-20 grams and find out your perfect dose (wouldn't recommend going over 8 grams but some need more). Sometimes full stack of electrolytes can cause this but sodium only helps to get rid of these sides.
>>
>>74115710
>>74115742
Thanks alot for your comments, what kind of side effects should i look out for? How do you refeed afterwards? Ive heard of shipwrecked guys dying because their stomachs couldnt handle them stuffing themselves with anything they could find.
About bulking up on fat beforehand i wonder, would it negatively impact the effect you want of your cancer cells starving off? What other health benefits or risks are there?
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (85 KB, 1280x720)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Weirdly enough, dry fasting feels better than water fasting.
>>
>>74116751
Some old school russian pro fasting professors have mentioned it being easier than water fast and I can agree with them. Water slightly increases your cravings. I like dry fasts. Yes, they're harder in their own way but you won't have that crazy feeling that you need to binge eat shit all the time. Lack of energy is one big drawback tho. It's hard to even walk, not even mentioning any type of weightlifting or cardio after first 24-30h
>>
>Have been doing OMAD for two years
>Had to alter my eating schedule for a day while traveling
>went back to normal next day
>6 days later and my digestive system is still going haywire, I have painful gas and I have to take small shits every couple hours instead of one every day
Is this to be expected?
>>
I'm 8 hours away from 36 hours. Any advice on what to eat to break the fast?
>>
46 hrs into a 30 day fast. Need to lose 20lbs before July.
Longest fast before this was 12 days.
So far no hunger or fatigue.
>>
>>74117523
Four eggs scrambled with cheese and two sausage patties from Waffle House. Little less than $12.
>>
>>74111349
you are eating less retard
>>
>>74113231
When I fast I'm more productive, it's like a stimulant. My gaul bladder pain went away months ago, my acid reflux went away months ago, I don't have insomnia anymore. It's makes you lose weight incredibly fast. Your body doesn't think it's starving, it thinks it's looking for food, which is different. Thats why you get more focused and motivated, that's why fasting makes you more athletic. You don't binge eat because your stomach shrinks and your insulin resistence is gone. Your food habits rapidly change because you're killing your bacteria constantly. Fasting is much more sustainable than any other diet, if anything I feel better when fasting.
>>
>>74113781
Has worked well for me
>>
I'm not overweight ( I haven't stepped on a scale in a long time but I'm roughly 150 pounds and 6 foot) but I want to do a very long just tap water fast for religious reasons.
Any advice? The longest I've ever gone before is about 90 hours
>>
>>74118338
Just make sure to drink an electrolyte mix. Google snake juice. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>74118381
I'm retarded. There's a recipe in the OP, even.
>>
>>74118381
I did specify tap water for a reason no offense. Like I said I'm doing it for religious reasons and tap water feels like cheating potassium powder didn't exist until very recently for thousands of years people fasted without it
>>
>>74118402
>religious reasons and snake juice feels like cheatin

Typo my bad
>>
>>74115416
Depends on the cancer, plenty of them survive off of ketones just fine.
>>
>>74118500
Can bacteria that makes cavities survive if you don't eat? Will that fix already existing cavities?
>>
File: piggy.png (824 KB, 1216x834)
824 KB
824 KB PNG
I do alternate day fasting and lift on the days i eat i sometimes fast for 2 days during weekends, i also count calories! my benchpress went from 60kg for 5x5 to 80kg for 3x8
i got used to not eating after a while, im aiming for 90kg till july
>>
>>74118557
forgot to mention i dont drink that cancerous salt cocktail and dont believe it brings any health benefits either, i do it cause it's easy weight loss and im tired of being obese
>>
Good morning /fast/
82.4kg this morning, or 21.9 bmi.
I get to fucking eat today, heall yeah. At least my sleep this time was uninterrupted, even if it was only around 8 hours.
>>74118578
>cancerous salt cocktail
What the fuck are you talking about? Electrolytes are pretty important, especially when you ACTUALLY fast for multiple days. Without salt at least I feel like shit on multiple day fasts.
>>
>>74118593
Connor Murphy live streamed himself fasting for 40 days on just water no electrolytes
>>
>>74118601
I dont give a shit who that e-celeb is, and I dont really care.
You do you, but salt at the very least seem to help me with nausea and energy on my fasts.
>>
>>74118593
>>74118623
you're just neurotic, you're supposed to feel like shit, you're not eating food
>>
>>74118643
>you're supposed to feel like shit
According to who? I feel fucking great during my fasts, idiot. Why the hell would I purposefully torture myself?
>>
>>74118650
>According to who?

according to common sense, you're stressing your body, that disgusting salt cocktail is just a placebo that makes you think you actually feel good
>>
>>74118659
>according to common sense
I guess common sense is not that common then.
If you feel like shit during fasting and actually WANT to feel like shit, you do you.
>>
>>74118601
Did he film himself in the bathroom? If not then he cheated
>>
>>74118681
He showed his entire apartment on camera showing there was no food in it before he started

You can see he lost a lot of weight too.
>>
>>74118500
It's not only about starving your cancer. It has actually little to do with starving your cancer cells. Cancer is removed by autophagy. Cancer cells wont be targeted on small fasts but the longer the body goes without food, the more aggressively your body will be looking for junk cells to feed upon. That's why I mentioned that patients who experienced regression in cancer were fasting for 21+ days, some of them even 40 days. Autophagy is the one that helps getting rid of junk cells and toxins
>>
>>74118578
There's a reason why that "cancerous" salt cocktail is needed. Potassium alone is one of the most important minerals your body needs to regulate water absorption in your cells. You can literally die from stroke without it and you wouldn't be the first one. Potassium not only regulates water absorption but the way the signals are sent through your neurons. That's why one of the side effects are pain in chest. If you at any given point have pain in your chest or irregular heartbeat or anything related to your heart, IMMEDIATELY break your fast and go for the saltiest meal you can get your hands on and drink a gallon of orange juice.
>>
>>74118964
Yeah, I guess the retard you are replying to is one of the reasons people demonize fasting so much. Fucking idiot actually thinks vital electrolytes are cancerous.
>>
>>74118964
>If you at any given point have pain in your chest or irregular heartbeat or anything related to your heart
This happens every time I fast lol
>>
>>74119092
Then add electrolytes. Don't be that guy who dies and then the whole industry blames it on fasting and the minute you know it it's all over the news and we're getting flack from normies
>>
>>74119176
Yeah, people are fucking annoying about fasting sometimes. I dont usually talk about it to others because of it.
I think the worst/most retarded thing I heard was that our body will use up our fucking HEART muscles first for energy if we fast, like what the actual fuck? Why the fuck would even our body do that, especially if we have hundreds of thousands of calories stored as fat?
>>
>>74118977
People like him are the ones why fasting is still considered dangerous in so many households. 99% of people literally have zero knowledge about biochemistry and thermodynamics.
That tap water he consumes has shitload of carcinogens but that is totally fine, but the most essential mineral your body needs, noooo, stop that snake juice shilling!
At the end of the day I just don't want them to die so people can blame fasting for that so drink your god damn salt water, fatties
>>
>>74119217
Yeap, going straight for the most important organ our body has. The audacity those fuckers have... Your body will do anything to hold on to as much muscle as it possibly can because the way it is programmed we need muscle to hunt so it want's to preserve the most important tool for hunting- your muscle. That's why we have 5x+ increased HGH levels during fasts, to fucking go hunt animals (or fatties in this day and age)
>>
>>74110969
A video on the benefits of Fasting:

https://youtu.be/l3XkI6oxe5c
>>
>>74119238
I guess people just dont actually use their fucking brains nowdays. Just hearing that made me stupider than I already am. Couldnt even respond to the fucker who said it to me due to how idiotic it sounded.
While fasting WILL waste some muscle since muscle protein synthesis is an ongoing process, like you said, our body WILL try to preserve as much as possible, especially our most vital organs will be preserved for as long as possible.
>>
>>74119270
Yeap, many guys don't understand that naturally we're not that big and if you have 18" arms and huge pecs and you're going for a fast, your body WILL consider you obese because shitload of muscles is obesity in it's own form. Your body will eat up as much muscle as it considers unnecessary. To slow this process down, there have to be physical activities implemented into your fasting routine to signal your body that you're still using those massive arms to lift shit.
This is the reason why I always suggest fatties to first lose weight and then build muscle, because if they'll go down the powershitter route, once they'll jump on any diet, they'll lose their so called muscle and they'll probably fall into depression and quit lifting for good
>>
>3rd day fast
>Feeling good and not even hungry
>decide to coom
>now I'm starving
Why the fuck am I always so hungry after nutting? Trying hard to not break my fast.
>>
>>74119464
Kek, I also get pretty hungry after cooming, which is why I dont do it during fasting.
Maybe you need more zinc?
>>
Fellow fasting Chads, how do we recover our testosterone post-fast?
>>
>>74119492
Eat lots of fats for steroidogenesis, maybe take a multivitamin and lift. Dunno if you can do much more than that. If anyone else has anything to add, please do.
>>
>>74119492
Cholesterol and vitamin C with carbs. So basically eggs and oranges. Remember 96% of testosterone molecule consists of cholesterol and vitC and carbs would be the delivering mechanism. Also your free test doesn't nuke that much during fasts and free test is all that matters, not to total test markers. And you have your elevated HGH benefits
>>
>>74117241
that just sounds like something you ate wasn’t cooked right. one change in day in your diet routine wont do that
>>
>>74119270
You can't synthesize protein while fasting. You need glucose to do that.
>>
>>74119238
>>74119270
i see it all the time, not just on /fit/, this sentiment that’s like
>if i dont do XYZ my muscle will literally disapear overnight
do people actually lift weights for more than a few months and not pick up some basic biology? hello? yes muscle can “look” smaller but there isn’t a chance in hell your body will catabolise it over fat - GIVEN you dont just waste away in your bed while fasting. even just moderate activity like daily walks / just going to work is enough to preserve.
my cut is nearly done and i cant wait to post body just to win some arguments in this. fasting has really worked for me.
>>
Will fasting make me not skinny fat
>>
>>74119837
If you'll go through my posts you'll find that I specifically said ANY type of activity. Yes, including walking. As long as your body recognises movement patterns, it won't use muscle as it's energy source. There are studies done with completely sedentary people on fast and people, who implemented some types of activities (walking in particular). Sedentary ones lost up to 46% of muscle mass (the one guy mentioned before, who starved himself for 40 days in transparent glass box). Next time don't just jump into the thread and claim things we have mentioned before as something unique that only you knew. Muscle does tend to look smaller due to depleted glycogen reserves as muscle IS up to 80-90% water and glycogen.
>>
>>74119846
No, you need muscles for that.
>>
>>74119867
I see
>>
>>74119867
I suppose he could fast until he becomes a spooky scary skellington that sends shivers down your spine.
Dunno how those dudes even move tho, wouldnt be a fun life I think.
>>
>>74119866
i wasnt attacking you or pretending i knew something you didnt. fuck off you cunt
>>
AAA FUCKING FAT MELT AWAY ALREADY FUCK YOU.
Such disgusting feeling having all this fat on me. I wonder if I should lower my goal weight even more.
>>
File: GEL4OPmWwAAN7MB.jpg (21 KB, 496x464)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>74119996
You dropped your crown, king
>>
File: file.png (36 KB, 605x259)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>74119251
holy shit dude you're going to make fast boys look like cultists with this shit. We can only approach water fasting as an extreme version of CICO dieting since there isn't enough hard data on extended water fasting to make solid conclusions on other benefits.
>ohhh but there was one study of 30 dudes that did water fasting and got +10 cancer resistance and a bonus to crit
Don't draw conclusions from a single study that validates your view. Not that it matters if you think fortune tellers are worth listening to
>>
>>74120366
you’re a fucking queer
>>
>>74120435
This desu.
Fasting is best described just as a really fucking quick way to lose weight, other than that and people think we are cultists. If there are any other benefits, they are just a nice bonus on top of the quick weight loss.
>>
File: FjtsVa5XgAA2Tdq.jpg (96 KB, 1200x998)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
Finished my first 36 hour fast today and ate like a king afterwards, was actually pretty fun and easier then I thought, much better then the pain and suffering of counting calories and calorie deficits. Starting a 72 right now and going to see how that goes.
>>
>>74120455
>much better then the pain and suffering of counting calories and calorie deficits.
I dont mind the calorie counting, but I do mind the fucking deficit.
If you decide to just do short fasts make sure to stay under or at your maintenance calories when you eat or you will be at a net zero weight loss pretty quick. With longer fasts you can easily eat over maintenance and still lose weight. Just have to be careful when you have lost enough weight to not gain it all back.
Fasting will probably be a lifestyle for me after I get to my goal weight, will probably be fasting for 1-2 days a week when I hit it.
>>
File: 1712854170395808.png (353 KB, 568x554)
353 KB
353 KB PNG
>>74120470
Yeah I definitely ate more then a days worth but less then 2 days worth of food so I'm good haha. But yeah that's why I want to try a 72 hour fast so I can get a bigger gap and lose the weight faster. I agree though I'm definitely making fasting part of my life style also once I get to my goal weight, I'll probably do continuous 36/12 fasting once there.
>>
>>74120517
Yeap, currently around 90 hours fasted here.
I already logged what Im going to eat today after work and it has come to ~3000 kcals, dunno if Im going to eat all of that tho, last time I logged around the same calories but only ate ~2000. My maintenance is around 2300-2400 kcals. I really fucking love fasting man.
>>
>>74118578
God damn, you’re fucking retarded. Start doing actual fasts instead of ADF. You don’t need that “cancerous salt cocktail” because you’re never depleting your electrolytes… Or really anything, you fatass.
>>
File: IMG_20240322_104120_767.jpg (126 KB, 1080x1089)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>74120535
90 hours nice, same thing happened to me today where I got a whole pizza to break my fast but only ended up eating 2 slices, WGMI fren.
>>
>>74120556
i do 48 hour fasts quite often, you dont need to drink salt, people at auschwitz didnt get to drink fiji water combined with himalayan salt™ and they survived, also drinking salt water fucks up your kidney and dehydrates you
>>
I'm at 36 hours, feeling fine. Bought snake juice ingredients and they won't get here til friday.
Goal 1: 72 hours
Goal 2: drop 10 lbs
Goal 3: keep going until I get hungry again
Goal 4: drop 20 lbs
I'm going to try to complete all 4 goals in this fast, but idk.
>>
>>74120863
The guy wanted to go all out on 40 day fast. Try that without electrolytes while doing all the daily shit you have to do. That was straight out retarded and dangerous.
>>
Aa finally home. Got my potatoes boiling and I get to finally eat after 90+ hours.
Fasting chads stay winning.
>>
>>74111068
From cute korean angel to evil korean hag with one simple facial expression
>>
Its pretty amazing how your mentality changes depending on if you have eaten or are in a fasted state (and how long you have fasted for). Just today before I ate I was thinking I NEED to eat for multiple days this week. Now that I ate I feel like I can just do another long fast straight away, probably will eat once this weekend instead of twice I was planning to. Dunno how long this feeling will last tho.
>>
Does fasting actually cut fat? I though extreme calorie deficits were guaranteed ways to induce muscle wasting, unless this general is a bunch of planet tier fatties?
>>
>>74122025
I've noticed the best results with one day of eating (even one meal) between my rolling fasts. If I extend it to 2 days, I gain shitload of water weight which I have to shed off again, once I'm in fasted state. It can fuck you up mentally because the water weight can fluctuate between 4-8lbs and that's a lot once you reach certain bf%... Dry fasts can help with this but it's not a permanent patch. But yeah, I'm like you, after that first meal it does feel like you can go for another 3 days easily. I think I'll do it differently this time, I'll be setting weight goals between my meals- basically eating only when I reach certain goal in weight. Right now I've set my goal for next meal and it's -3lbs
>>
>>74122059
My fat is melting off, Im seeing a bicep vein, my quads are showing definition. Even if I waste small amounts of muscle I dont care, I have all the time in the world to lift weights when I get to my goal BF%. My lifts have gone down a little, also Im pretty sure even if I did regular calorie deficit they would still be going down.
>>
I'm at about 62 hours and aiming for 72. I don't feel too hungry but I am just craving the sensations of eating. Don't know if I'll reach 72 and then eat (after 9:30pm) or if I'll push past it and go to bed instead. I've never fasted past 60 hours. I weighed 133 lbs this morning, which was previously my "oh fuck I'm getting fat" weight in 2015, so I'd like to get down to the 120s ASAP. Last time I was 120 was 2021 and then I went fatfuck mode from 2022-2023. Not sure what I will break my fast with because last time I got dumping syndrome from a turkey sandwich on white bread.
>>
>>74122059
Fasting burns fat and muscle at the same time. Intermittent fasting with high protein helps to preserve muscle.
>>
>>74122082
Im so used to the water weight fluctuation that I dont really care about it. Its actually bit of a surprise sometimes since you are not seeing your actual body weight untill you lose ALL of the water weight, but you ARE still losing fat even if you have water weight on so if you dont always see your lowest weight at the scale at some point when you do you lose more weight than you anticipate. At least that is my experience, also I keep pinching my fat rolls constantly so I know they are shrinking (unless Im imagining it, which I doubt since im down over 7kg this month already).
>>
File: IMG_20240424_182953.jpg (576 KB, 1520x1808)
576 KB
576 KB JPG
>>74122059
I'm 13-14% bf with 16" arms dry-fasted and 17" if I'm full with glycogen after large meal of carbs, fats and proteins. It doesn't waste your muscle if you're physically active.
Mind you I'm not going to the gym for 4 years already, I have a pair of dumbbells, olympic bar and pull-up bar at home, jump rope and rubber bands and I'm in the middle of my dry fast now. I haven't seen any muscle loss for months since I jumped on rolling 48-72s... Don't expect to gain muscle tho, that won't happen.
>>
>>74122114
Same here, bro. After a good fast I can see veins on my belly but once I have two full days of refeed, the layer of water covers it. It's crazy how one day you can see all your abs and the next one you're a full on bloatlord. And that fat roll pinching, I guess that's the common thing for all of us kek
>>
>>74115416
Fasting prevents cancer by autophagy as they are cannibalized for energy. You probably have cancer in your body right now, but it might take decades for more mutations to make it strong enough to kill you. By then fasting wont be enough as it is seeded far and wide.
>>
>>74122230
>you can see all your abs and the next one you're a full on bloatlord.
All that bloating sucks but it also motivates one to really keep on fasting and melting that disgusting blubber off your body. Im probably around 15-16% here and Im seeing a good outline of my abs but when I eat it all almost completely vanishes as well. Oh well, we are both so fucking close anyways that it wont take that long (I hope)
>>
>>74122249
So to me it would make sense to do preventative fasting, say 2 weeks once or twice per year, 3 weeks once a year, to clear them out. But what do people even die of if not cancer and not diabetes and not heart disease (all of which fasting helps prevent)? Maybe your heart just stops and you get the elusive "died peacefully in their sleep"?
>>
>>74122263
Definitely! Once the last fat is gone, I doubt there'll be anything that can retain so much water to cover your abs. And we have solid 40 days until beach season starts. So 4-6% more within 1.5 month, it's possible.
>>
>>74122424
There was a guy who had done more than 1000 autopsies in his life and he wrote an article that during those years he has never seen a single person dying peacefully (like nature intended to). Literally all deaths were from your named diseases and violence. People are so sick these days it's unbelievable
>>
Dry fast or water fast to avoid loose skin?
>>
>>74122451
>Literally all deaths were from your named diseases and violence.
I think the day I realized this was my true loss of innocence. Being a human being is literally hell. We are the only animals that know the inevitability of our death and just have to sit with it for up to 100 years.
>>
>>74122493
For lose skin definitely dry. And there's a reason. There are some good videos explaining why, just Google it.
>>74122498
It wouldn't be that bad if we would live peacefully and according to laws of nature, but we play God's and we pay the price. Since almost all my relatives are dead already, I have firsthand stories from elderly that they're ready to die. I guess once you reach that terminal phase of your life, you just accept it as it is.
>>
>>74110969
>2day fast complete
>5day fast gomplete
How do I fast for 100 days .
Do I simply not eat?
This is my goal.
>>
>>74122059
i lost fat and gained some muscle fasting my bench press went from 135lbs for 5 sets of 5 to 185 for 3 sets of 8-10 rounding up my calories for a week i'd probably eat between 1200 to 1500 a day, it's just CICO but you dont feel like shit all the time cause you can eat more on the days you train
>>74118557
>>
>>74122534
It's not the dying part that bothers me, it bothers me that there's no peaceful, painless death even if you "do everything right." You will die shitting yourself in your bed or clutching your chest or being stabbed by some fentanyl ape unless you're lucky enough to have a brain vessel burst in your sleep.
>>
>>74122493
>>74122534
dry fasting gives you brain damage, if your gut is hanging out you're gonna have loose skin regardless
>>
>>74122588
>dry fasting gives you brain damage
What kind of brain damage?
>>
>>74122686
The good kind .
Kills your plaks. Turns off your dementia.
>>
>>74122588
Please, for the love of God, if you know nothing about this topic, fuck away. During fasting your body switches from glucose to ketones which is a better source of energy for your brain, then it releases HGH and most importantly BDNF (brain derived neurotropic factor) which greatly increases your brain working power, that's why in fasted state people are more focused and experience this clarity of mind. You know little to nothing about hormones and have the audacity to come here and tell us shit like this. You're like that grandma who says if you don't eat breakfast, you'll get diabetes
>>
Women should never dry fast.
>>
>>74122864
Why not? I just did it for 36 hours and it wasn't much different than water fasting.
>>
>>74122883
Do you want to stay fertile?
>>
>>74122904
Well yes. I would like to not sterilize myself. What, dry fasting will kill my eggs?
>>
>>74122883
Are you still fertile?
>>
>>74122916
It messes with your hormones and reduces egg quality.
>>
>>74122916
>>74122933
(Being fat also does this)
>>
>>74122960
Word.
>>74122933
Good to know. I only did it one time. I'm sure it's fine.
>>
>>74122698
Omg that’s my grandma! I’m a niche internet picocelebrity!!!
>>
>>74122971
No eggs will be dry. Don't listen to such claims. It has zero impact on your reproductive system. I'm more than certain you won't be able to do dry fasts longer than 72h so you shouldn't worry about any type of damage done even if there would be a slight chance for it to happen.
It'll actually reboot your hormonal system and there's nothing bad about it. The guy was probably basing his "knowledge" on females who are anorexic, which has literally nothing to do with fasting or dry fast.
>>
>>74123162
I'm having trouble finding research about this. If anyone has any I'm open to read it. I don't see myself regularly doing dry fasts regardless, I just happened to do so during a longer fast to see how it felt. I only have 10 to 15 pounds left to lose and I'm in no rush.
>>
>>74123162
Don’t be listening to this tardanon. Fasting will most definitely harm the female reproductive system. Short, infrequent fasts probably not. But extended fasting and regular extended fasts most definitely.
>>
>>74123186
Dry fasts are not meant to be done on regular basis. I've gone through way too many studies during my 20+ years of fitness and I'm most certainly not the guy who will keep all the studies written down.
Dry fast is relatively safe and probably the most effective weight loss plan known to mankind. Even better than 99% of fat loss pills which in most cases doesn't even work. The only actual thing that could compete with dry fast is DNP (dinitrophenol 2-4), but good luck buying it and if you do, good luck not dying from it, because literally one overdose and you're dead. No doctor has saved a person who has overdosed on DNP.
So you're a woman? What's your height, weight and goal?
>>
>>74123255
Try doing an extended dry fast, you cretin. Please, just go to /fat general and stay there with your bullshit.
>>
>>74123260
CW: 133lb/60kg. GW would be between 118lb/53.5kg and 122/55kg, but I care more about measurements for summer (goal 25in/63.5cm waist) I am 5'4" doing long incline walks, pilates, calisthenics but will return to weightlifting when I can afford a gym again.
>>
>>74123267
Try doing a child porn fast, you goatfucking sandnigger. I’m not going to do a “dry” fast because I’m not fucking brown.
>>
>fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOevpP0fX28
reasonable guy explains in great detail how a 100-hour fast benefits you
>dry fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sEqJeDILY
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO DIE (of dehydration) FATTY
YOUR BODY HAS PLENTY OF WATER
YOU ARE LIKE A CAMEL
>>
Retarded attention seeking fat fuck in /fat/, retarded fights in /fast/.
Guess its time to go to sleep and check again tomorrow if things are better then.
Good night to non-retarded friends.
>>
>>74123349
Yeah, 60kg on 5'4" frame is a lot. I'd say aim for 49-53kg, that would be your perfect weight and you'll feel much more comfortable around that weight. Waist is a pretty hard topic because if you'll be doing core exercises, your waist can increase while your bf% can decrease (happens to me on every cut when I implement core exercises).
>>
>>74123350
A nigger trying to insult a white man (who has actually shown pictures here) calling him a sandnigger. All that fat is affecting your cognitive possibilities, nigger. Now get back to /fat or start starving, you monkey boy
>>
>>74123416
Yeah, when I was weightlifting 4 or 5x a week I had a 25 inch waist at 120lbs, but since I don't have as much muscle now I might have to lose more to get there. But anyway this thread isn't my blog.
>>
i ate so much refried beans and rice on my refeed days 2 days ago lololol kinda sad i dont have anything to look forward to after this 72, im going to make yogurt from scratch and use it in over night oats, also have some chicken breast but it's all so boring... nothing to look froward to
>>
>>74123435
nta but you're a cornball, shut the fuck up lmao
>>
>>74123473
Ok kid, now let the grownups talk and go play in your corner
>>
File: file.png (1.01 MB, 567x800)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB PNG
>>74118338
>religious reasons
>>74118402
>Like I said I'm doing it for religious reasons
Then sip as much beer as you want like friars did and only eat a small meal in the evenings. Bread, smoked fish, herbs and oil were the foods friars allowed themselves to eat in the evenings. You could even make your own bread or even catch your own fish if you're fortunate enough to be near good fishing. If I wasn't so bad at gutting fish I'd do a fast where I'd only eat in the evening what I could catch in the day. Letting God decide if you're going to do a 16 hour or 120 hour fast seems based.

https://www.markdredge.com/post/the-real-story-of-doppelbock

If you want you can also beer fast to try and mimic the stories of friar beer fasting. A guy beer fasted for 46 days and covered all the details of it in a video series. He's one of the few guys out there to actually show his bloodwork for his fasting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXToOvnewiE

If you want a tl;dw he felt the best on low ABV beers rather than the traditional doppelbock style that monks drank.
>>
>>74123505
Get with the sandnigger and you both go on a year-long dry fast dangling from a rafter, retard. Anybody that doesn’t have blonde hair and blue eyes is a nigger next to me.
>>
File: haremd1131c.jpg (93 KB, 1080x1342)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>74110969
6 cups of yoghurt (175 g) with salt - 470 kcal
1 family sized (3-4 serving ~ 1 l) bag instant soup (not noodles) - 130 kcal
= 600 kcal

this was today's 5 meals and I am okay
>>
>>74123558
>t. blond hair, blue eyes aryan male
>>
>>74123899
checked and thanks for the appetite suppressant. I can smell this image.
>>
>>74122698
>During fasting your body switches from glucose to ketones which is a better source of energy for your brain
No, your body is still using glucose, it just adds ketones to make up for the glucose loss in the brain. Certain cells in your body require glucose to function like your red blood cells and your kidneys.
>>
>>74123928
If you have gone this far to try to argue with me, go even deeper and look up how that glucose is metabolised if you've ran out of glycogen from food and then we can have a discussion
>>
>>74123960
This is my 2nd reply to you. I'm only pointing out that your muscles are still using glucose, not ketones.
>>
File: 1713984134053286.png (292 KB, 1086x732)
292 KB
292 KB PNG
You get the most flack when you're over the target. We're doing some progress here, lads. Now get back to starving, summer is coming
>>
>>74123978
I get you, bud, I'm just saying you should check out how your body is getting that glucose when it has ran out of external sources and your glycogen levels are depleted. Brain can easily run on ketones, some organs still need glucose, that's why we have built-in mechanisms to it out from dead cells and other shit
>>
>>74124008
The glucose comes from breaking down the body's stores of amino acids (muscle) and triglycerides (adipose fat).
>>
>>74123899
Posting a selfie in response isn’t the roast you think it is, Rajesh.
>>
>>74124080
How's the weather in Mumbai, Pradeep?
>>
i wanna eat a bag of cheese doddles so bad right now oh my goddd
>>
>>74124288
Stay strong, fatty. Cravings will go away. Drink a glass of sodium water, it'll help dealing with cravings
>>
>>74123983
>Fast for 5 days
>Get a big plate of eggs, saurkraut, cottage cheese, sausage, and deenz
>Eat less 2 eggs, 2 sausages, some kraut and a few spoonfulls of cottage cheese
>Feel full as fuck in the morning , dont want to eat until later on in the day with just the rest of the food

Im not sure where the guilt free binge eating is coming from since a normal sized meal wipes me out. It seems like only Cole or people who regularly do OMAD can binge after a fast without much issue.
Also
>Shrinking stomach
>Insulin sensitivity increase after a fast
>>
>>74124308
thanks anon, i drank some black tea and you were right :)
>>
File: IMG_0773.jpg (3.11 MB, 4032x3024)
3.11 MB
3.11 MB JPG
I failed my 72. Broke at 44. Forgive me anons.
>>
>>74124513
The other half of that plate was pasta salad. The muffin things are sweet af. Whole salad covered in ranch. Thinking I’m going to eat the complimentary ice cream cone too.
>>
>>74124513
that looks good as fuck and worth it, dont feel bad, start rolling again right after
>>
on day two of my water fast, just drank pic related and it was sooo tasty but now im nervous i may have broke my fast, says theres 5 cals in it, it's basically the same as snake juice right? i feel much better after drinking it, feels like i can fast for 3 more days easy if i can drink this at least once a day during a fast...
>>
>>74124513
GYAT

>>74124799
It only breaks your fast by like 20 seconds. Unless you are eating 500 at a time (in one day), it literally does not matter.
>>
>>74124421
>Im not sure where the guilt free binge eating is coming from since a normal sized meal wipes me out
Same. I'm dreading doing the mildest bulk (+300~ cal) after I'm done with all my fasting because it harder to just eat my TDEE. I think I'll have to just eat my TDEE for a while after the fast is done so I get used to eating that much again.
>>74124513
bro as long as your rolling total for the month comes out to more fasting days than eating days you're gonna be good for weight loss. well, as long as you don't binge like a maniac.
>>74124799
>but now im nervous i may have broke my fast, says theres 5 cals in it
brother I put a bit of chocolate milk in my coffee. and I'm still losing weight, losing waist and getting random autophagy benefits like curing my dandruff. 5 cals isn't an issue. You burn 50 cals per hour sleeping. If you enter REM during a short nap you'll obliterate those 5 cals. If you feel better drinking it keep drinking it.

Personally I feel like I can tell when my body finally gets around to burning off some more fat. It's always after I sleep or when I have trouble sleeping because my body gets extra hot for a bit and I might have an elevated heart rate to move the blood around. Check my weight and the scale moved, if the scale didn't move I check my waist and that typically has shrank a bit.
>>
File: GLz1jrZXAAA2xNn.png (755 KB, 639x861)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
Hit my goal of 72 hours but I think I'll wait until lunch tomorrow to break it which will give me 86 hours and my longest fast to date.
>>
>>74112677
Youtube yoga

NEW LENGTHY FASTERS 4day+:
Plan your refeed. Slow and in waves. The longer the fast was, the slower the waves. Or your body will be shocked by the steak and cheese and your hairline will take the bullet. Plan your refeed.
>>
>>74119837
>my cut is nearly done and i cant wait to post body just to win some arguments in this. fasting has really worked for me.
That's good, but did you did take pics at your fattest before starting fasting?
>>
I'm hovering around my goal weight after a few months of dieting and eating below my TDEE, and I was thinking of taking a few days to fast to try and get my body to shed whatever extra fat I've got lurking around before going back into a regular diet.

Is it really as easy as just drinking nothing but water and getting electrolytes?
>>
>>74125889
Yes it is. You don't even need electrolytes if you're not going longer than 5 days (people may say 3, but if you're not doing rolling fasts I'd say 5). Or just do a 72h dry fast and you won't believe your eyes.
>>
>>74124513
Nice fast/binge cycle, retard. 72 hours marks the beginning of fasting, btw.
>>
>>74110969
In on end of day 3 of a four day fast. Gonna break it tomorrow with bone broth and a banana.
I’ve done I think 4 or 5 fasts that were 72 hours, and 2 or 3 that were 24-48 hours since I moved.
Because of the move, I had no food at all, not even staples, in my new apartment, and with a new gym and walking everywhere now, I figured it’d be good to jumpstart with some fasting.
I’ve been here two months and I’ve lost probably 25ish pounds, and a lot of that is attributable to just walking and lifting and yoga more regularly anyway.
Just today I finally broke <200. I was 197.5 lbs this morning.
I am feeling good. It’s crazy how regular you feel fasted once you do it enough. Today I was doing full lifts and pull ups and even a spin class. I don’t get dizzy anymore.
Anyway I’m pretty proud of that. And I think the new environment is gonna help to keep me closer to my goal weight when I’m done getting there.
Started 225, goal weight is 170. Currently 197.5.
>>
>>74126023
Nice bro. And yeah it's surprising how easy it gets with time.
>>
>>74119482
Zinc makes me throw up unless it’s immediately after a meal.
>>
>>74125889
It really is.

All the extra talk about electrolytes and vitamins and refeed and shit aren’t even necessary for 3-4 day fasts.

Don’t eat. Only drink water and coffee. Be OK with being dizzy if you stand up too fast. Drink bone brith and eat a small light keto meal to break the fast. If you go right to eating your normal food you will shit yourself for a full day.
>t. currently on day 4 of a 4.5 day fast.
>>
>>74110969
Lmfao if u try this shit good luck keeping the weight off
>>
>>74126204
>Only drink water and coffee
I also drink diet sodas, they dont really spike my hunger that much. Also any hunger I get from them is very easily ignored.
>Drink bone brith and eat a small light keto meal to break the fast. If you go right to eating your normal food you will shit yourself for a full day.
Meh, everyone responds differently. I dont give a shit how I break my ~4 day fasts and I have no issues.
Agreed on the electrolytes on shorter fasts tho. Also multivitamins are so cheap I take them daily anyways.
>>
>>74126212
Here we go boys, here comes the Indian threadshitter.
>>
>>74110969
Sup brehs. Gonna try OMAD again. That shit works.
>>
finished a 28 day fast nine days ago, done refeeding and can eat normally now
i think i will have a couple beers and an omelette tomorrow then start a seven day. bad idea?

i am 5’9, started at 190 and am at 168 currently, been eating high phosphorous and protein foods the last week but i was definitely losing energy towards the end of the fast and don’t want it to be an issue at the end of this next fast. worst case i do omad again to lose another 10lbs but i like water fasting more.
>>
>>74126937
good for you. if only more fatties understood that if you can get through the fire, weight loss is simple.
>>
I was doing alternate day fasting. I wouldn't eat enough during my eating days so I fucked my shit up so I had to stop. I think I might stick to IF and only do one day of a full blown fast.
>>
>>74126937
Based! How's your energy levels right now? If you feel like you're good to go for another spin, just hit it. There's nothing wrong with rolling fasts. Do a 7 day now, then 5, then 3 until you feel like you've reached your goal. Any body fat % estimates you have?
People here should learn from you and dedication one has to have to starve himself for that summer body. Just make sure you stick around and educate newcomers, that way we can get exposure to masses (implying 4chin is the right place for that).
>>
>>74126946
absolutely. the last week of the fast i started feeling tired but after a few days fasting its real easy if you have the lard reserves

>>74126986
i feel normal now but the first few days of refeed i felt fantastic and my horniness levels were three times higher than they had ever been my whole life. it was frightening. I’m probably around 20% bf but want to get to 13%ish asap. ill do the seven day tomorrow, then probably another seven if i still feel good and start doing shorter fasts in summer. and yeah i’ve shilled fasting a bit in /fat/ and to coworkers who want to lose weight (with caution). i don’t think people realize how little willpower it takes compared to regular cico, wish more people were comfortable with it.
>>
Does anyone else get dull orgasms when they're fasting?
>>
>>74125753
oh i did, and those were the ones from like over a year ago, where i kept the ones i “looked the best” in (angle, light, pose frauding lmao). i can see hints of my abs when flexed now so i’m giving it just a few more weeks and i’ll be at 15% bodyfat? i always overestimate mine.
>>
>>74125889
> is it really as easy as just drinking nothing but water and getting electrolytes?
the hardest part for me is simply starting. im now used to hunger pangs and havent done more than weekly 48hrs recently though. i dont get weakness even when moderately active.
>>
File: d7e.jpg (76 KB, 1200x1200)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
If you feel hungry, it means that your body doesn't have enough protein to convert into blood sugar and you are wasting muscle instead of burning fat.
>>
>>74126937
after a 28, a 7 day will feel piss easy for you after the first 20~hours for you anon. good luck! and enjoy your beer
>>
>>74127092
less bloodflow would cause dull orgasms. it’s unfortunately the nature of fasting. it comes back the moment you eat though, and how. just abstain and nut after eating.
>>
>>74127057
Yeap, 20% is a lot so you still have that fuel to burn. Few 7 day fasts and then rolling 72s would give you those 13%ish by summer. The good part about rolling 72s is that you can have 2 refeed days and lift really heavy and you'll gain muscle (been there, done that), which you can't with longer fasts. And agreed with boners, once that glucose hits your bloodstream, fucking heel, it feels like you could inseminate half of world's female population.
>>
>>74127092
I usually have this on dry fast. Haven't had this on rolling fasts. Since I've completely switched to dry fasts, this is every day shit for me. But once I get that glucose in (usually lots of oranges), it all goes away within minutes. After a good fast and good refeed, my boners are like tungsten rods.
>>
>>74127057
>wish more people were comfortable with it.
I wish more people wouldnt completely lose their shit when someone is fasting or talks about fasting for weight loss. At least they should be neutral if nothing else. Some people are just really fucking weird about fasting and sperg out if you mention it.
>>
Damn, not eating actually feels so good. Now I understand those pro-ana 15 year olds from tumblr
>>
>>74127197
>Now I understand those pro-ana 15 year olds from tumblr
KEK, me too bro. They really were into something back then. Guess they just went way too far with it.
>>
>fixes your fast
>>
>>74127204
No.
>>
File: 1713848499045950.jpg (10 KB, 240x240)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>74127207
You're burning your own muscles and giving yourself vitamin deficiencies for no good reason
>>
>>74127211
Really, why dont you actually mind your own business?
If you want to do PSMF or calorie deficit or low carb or whatever diet you want, do so.
You do you, I do whatever the fuck I want to do.
>>
>>74127158
>>74127211
How's your life in Mumbai, Rajput? Had your daily cow shit ritual already?
>>
Is there a /fast/ circle on LIFE?
>>
File: apu exercise.jpg (41 KB, 736x736)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>74125951
>just do a 72h dry fast and you won't believe your eyes.

This one is oddly motivating.
in your opinion Is it safe to do exercise during those 72hs if you are overweight?
>>
>>74127349
NTA but wouldnt really exercise that much during a DRY fast.
Even during a water fast If I want to speed up the weight loss I just walk for 1-2 hours a day.
Fasting is already a really quick way to lose weight, no need to too hard or you might burn out.
>>
>>74127367
>no need to too hard
no need to GO too hard
Sorry, Im retarded as usual.
>>
>watch some YT video where a guy talks about fasting and weight loss
>sounds really smart and sensible for the first half
>suddenly starts talking about "sun-charging" the water you drink by leave it in a clear container outside for a day
This can't possibly be a thing
>>
>>74127381
Yeah, fasting is a really nice way to lose a shitton of weight QUICK but it also seems to attract a lot of retards and grifters etc. as well.
>>
>>74127349
Heavy workouts only on your refeed days, light workouts or walking/cycling on your fast days. When dry fasted, do workouts on your first two days, after that it's better to do nothing.
>>74127367
This anon is right about longer fasts, it's enough to just walk or work out with rubber bands just to maintain your muscle mass.
>>
>>74127381
Block those videos. That's pure bullshit. Sun is necessary but it has nothing to do with god or some spiritual shit.
There are many grifters who will try to monetize masses just because they see the next big thing. Just like left/right wing retards and their grifters
>>
>Trying fasting
>on my second day
>Not hungry
>No headaches
>Strangely clearminded
What's with the clearmindedness? It's like I'm high in a whole new way..
>>
>>74127576
I usually get sharper after the 3rd day and my senses get stronger as well.
Not bad eh? Add in the 0.3kg I lose per day and we are cruising on ez mode.
>>
>>74127576
That's BDNF (brain derived neurotropic factor) kicking in. Enjoy your mental clarity.
>>
>>74127587
>>74127592
This alone has me sold on fasting, although I don't know if I am going to make this a constant thing. I might jst make it so I don't eat two or three days a week.
>>
>>74127092
i have zero sex drive when fasting
>>
>>74127626
Really? I'm horny as fuck
>>
>>74127576
You’re in a state of stress, but also self preservation.

In short, you’re dying.

There’s a word for it: starvation.
>>
>>74127661
I smell your curry from here, Pradesh. You shit up every /fast thread like it's your personal designated shitting street
>>
>>74110969
Tips for better quality sleep while fasting? I get an adequate amount of sleep (7-9 hours), but am very tired upon waking.
>>
>>74127677
What's strange is, isn't fasting very common among pajeets?
>>
>>74127683
Nitpicking, aren't you, shitskin? Implying your religion is the only one doing it? Trying to claim this as your invention and then shitting on us for doing the same thing, knowing that white culture did it just as long as your 16000 shitskin gods?
>>
>>74127708
NTA, but you really should work on you reading comprehension.
>>
>>74127708
Calm your tits Anon, I am this guy: >>74127576
I just think its silly that pajeets shit on fasting while they do it all the time in curryland.
It's like a NIgger shitting on watermelon or fried chicken, it's almost fascinating.
>>
>>74110969
I'm at 62 hours now, what negative health effects should I worry about after I hit 72? I won't have snake juice ingredients until tomorrow.
>>
>>74127718
If you feel great then nothing. 72 hours is not that long of a time to be without food imo.
I do like to start taking pinches of salt at around the third day.
>>
>>74127713
Show hand
>>
File: PXL_20240425_132158711.jpg (1.24 MB, 3000x4000)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB JPG
>>74127728
Fine, can you stop being a retard and ACTUALLY FUCKING READ YOU IDIOT.
>>
>>74127717
Pajeets are subhuman. I'd even stretch it Farr enough to say they're subanimal. They're parasites.
>>
>>74127739
If you're white, why you act like you're a shitskin?
>>
>>74127723
I've already taken pinches of pink himalayan salt because thats all I had around.
For some reason I'm feeling weaker today, but I've still got focus and very low hunger.
>>
>>74127750
Whats this >>74127717 ?
Please, use your brain man.
>>
>>74127752
Have you fasted regularly? When I was just starting to roll my fasts the first times I felt a bit lethargic every now and then. The more I fast the more energy I have on any day of my fasts.
>>
>>74127770
This is my longest fast, I was doing OMAD for awhile.
>>
>>74127773
I wouldnt really call OMAD fasting IMO.
But yeah, gets easier the more you fast. Especially when I went for a walk during my fasts I felt really sluggish at the start. Now I have no issues.
>>
File: 69cover.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>74127754
You do understand we're arguing for nothing? Because that text can be interpreted in more than one way. Next time try to bring in some logic into conversation.
>>
>>74125960
>Fasting starts at 72 hours.
Does anybody else here share this retarded take?
>>
>>74127800
Nah, Id say anything above 1 day of not eating is fasting. If you eat during the day Id say its more like time restricted eating than fasting tho.
>>
>>74127805 cont.
If one is doing intermittent fasting or omad I mean being time restricted eating, being retarded as usual, sorry.
>>
>>74127752
its normal to feel a bit weaker and also colder when fasting
don’t be surprised if it gets better soon either, it might be a keto flu thing
start the electrolytes when you get them but don’t worry too much
>>
>>74127835
>colder when fasting
This is the worst thing about fasting for longer durations imo.
Today Im feeling pretty good since I ate yesterday but goddamn I was so fucking cold, need to keep my winter jacket on indoors.
>>
>>74114838
It's not fasting then.
>>
>>74118402
Jesus didn't drink tap water, it was well water, which is mostly mineral water. At least drink mineral water.
>>
>>74111712
It's because you have the dad bod without the wife and daughter, you fuck your daughters friends and their moms and sisters, duh.
>>
>>74117990
>your body thinks
Devine cope
>>
>>74128341
The law of nature- life starts at 12%
Until then men are invisible and if somebody actually looked at that guy, it was from pure disgust. If the guy would be 8-10%, jobs would literally fall in his lap and he would be banging college chicks.
>>
>>74127805
anything under 20hrs is simply a normal non eating window. thats how i look at it.
>YOU WILL EAT AT LEAST 3 TIMES A DAY
uh no
>>
Goddamn the first day is always annoying, 20h since I last ate and Im already trying to talk myself into eating today.
I need to fry up some ground meat today too, fuck.
>>
>>74128480
I'm 40h into dry fast and it's starting to get a bit harder. Thankfully 7 more hours and I'm off to bed. I'll probably do a light training session later this evening. 2nd day is always the worst
>>
How long after you eat does fasting start?
>>
>>74127718
None. 72 hours is not a significant enough time to pose any real risk except you may be dizzy if you stand up too fast.
>>
>>74128706
Some people consider their start of fast right after their last meal (including me), some are waiting for 3h for food to digest.
I guess you wanted to know when ketosis will start. It depends on how much glycogen you have in your liver, muscle and bones. Some people are going into ketosis after 12-18h, some need to wait up to 36-48h (rarely it's more than that). Ketosis means your body relies only on your fat as it's primary energy source
>>
File: 1691420433456841.gif (2.23 MB, 320x384)
2.23 MB
2.23 MB GIF
ketosys lol
>>
So, according to my calculations it should take me around 15 total fasted days to reach around 10% body fat (not that I know my exact bf%), which I really dont know If I will reach that low but it sounds like a nice goal.
How many fasted days to your goals?
>>
Going to start fasting today weighing at 135kg wish me luck fit
>>
Just finished frying up some onions and ground meat while fasted. Good god it smells so fucking good in here.
At least its nice willpower practice to smell this.
>>74128951
Good luck anon, its not that bad to fast when you get used to it.
>>
>>74128940
I'm at 13-14% and it would take me 20-30 days to get to 10%...
I'd suggest you lower your estimates.
>>74128978
I'm preparing food for my son every day, that's the hardest part of the day. But it's crazy how much better your senses get when you're fasted. You can even name the ingredients from that smell alone. Everything feels much better
>>
>>74129092
Yeah, I calculated with me losing consistently at my current TDEE which is probably too high (and it also lowers every day I fast) etc. I did only calculate it for fun after all, something to think about.
>>
Been mostly fasting since the beginning of the year to lose weight. Decided to take a week off just to give my body and mind a rest. After just 4 days of eating again I somehow gained 23 pounds which I'm pretty sure breaks the laws of physics because there is no way it's even possible to eat 23 pounds of food in 4 days and I know I ate nowhere near that.
>>
>>74126204
>All the extra talk about electrolytes and vitamins and refeed and shit aren’t even necessary for 3-4 day fasts.
Confirmed via my recent bloodwork. This month I stopped taking electrolyte supplements when I was doing rolling fasts between 48-72 hours. My electrolyte levels were in range but on the low side. Maybe some of you need electrolyte supplements more than I do but it's not 100% required on rolling fasts.

If you're doing rolling fasts and like taking electrolyte supplements or snake juice keep doing it but if you don't like drinking the salty water you don't have to force yourself to. Just make sure you're getting a lot of salt on your refeed days. IMO I think the most determinantal thing to getting your electrolytes on your refeed days is it might ingrain a poor eating habit of consuming too much salt. Personally I like drinking a few bottles of coconut water on my feeding day to load up on potassium and sodium.
>>
Does body burn fast for water during dry-ish fast?
>>
>>74127616
>>74127587
>>74127576
Pretty sure this is the cortisol keeping you in a semi-stressed state. When I mean stressed I don't mean like anxious or anything, Im shitting ideas but I wonder if this is an evolutionary response that hunter gatherers had to make them more efficient hunters when food was gone.

>>74127835
>>74127850
Unironically going to try if this will be a cheat code to stay cool during the hot Summer months.
>>
Just broke my dry fast with a sugar free red bull and 100ml of water. Time to continue with regular fast for my next 1.5kg (3.3lbs) and then refeed. Hopefully done before Monday. Then I'll be at 12-13% and from then on it'll be the ultimate grind going for those 10%

[Reddit spacing] we should need to make our next /fast general, this one's reaching it's limit
>>
File: maxresdefault-27.jpg (56 KB, 1280x720)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>74128842
>glycogen in your bones
>>
Just broke a four day with a bone brother + chicken bullion broth + 2 diced spring onions + about 50 calories worth of lentils, and a banana.

Tonight I really REALLY want Jamaican jerk food. I know it’s probably gonna make me shit like crazy. But I’m gonna get it.
My friends are visiting me for the weekend starting tomorrow morning so my fast ends here until Sunday at the last.
>>
>>74130721
Yeap, my bad. I meant muscles. Muscle has up to 500ml of glycogen stored in them and liver additional 100ml. Thanks for pointing out these things. Sometimes I type faster than my brain on dry fast can process

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.