[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>absolutely mogs dumbbell side raises
Just tried them for the first time and holy shit, the mind muscle connection and pump are unparalleled
>>
Takes 2x the time
>>
>>74111034
Not if I cut off one of my arms.
>>
useless exercise.
>>
>>74111018
Why don't you switch arms for the same way as the pic. Brace with hand on thigh.

I prefer db anyways just tilt in or out to hit earlier or later in the rom. Plus strict 2 dbs hits serratus way more. Also bb front raises are sick.
>>
>>74111018
of course the mind muscle connection is better when you can only do 5 kg on these rather than 12kg on dumbbells
Stop listening to Mike Israetel
>>
>>74111018
I stick to dumbbell lateral raises because I get tempted to go for the stretch on the cable. Normally I like the stretch, but on cable lateral raises it feels like I'm gonna snap some rotator cuff muscle.
>>
>>74111078
Mind muscle with equally light dumbbells isn't as good as cables
>>
>>74111034
It doesn't if you take the same rest time as you would for dumbbells between the first arm of every set
>>
but you have to be a woman to do them.
everyone here is an alpha male except OP.
>>
File: tomato.jpg (40 KB, 539x687)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>74111226
>mfw
>>
>>74111078
Yeah stop listening to guy with a degree and videos of him lifting big weights and listen to this random nameless faceless retard on 4chan!!!!
>>
>>74111018
amen brother, I will never bother fucking around w dumbbell lat raises again so long as there is a cable nearby
>>
>>74111272
He got big before his degree you dumbfuck
>>
>>74111648
I do both, this is fun and useful but love db raises simple as
>>
>>74111018
>the mind muscle connection and pump are unparalleled
that's called impingement bot u gotta go overhead, unilaterally and internally rotate shoulder there, just hold internal shoulder rotation with straight arm - that's it, side delt solved, this is precisely what this muscle does, what isolates this muscle head, git 30-40 seconds with weight u comfortably curl

>but did u try what is in op's sodomite image
everything will try to lift it but side delt, shoulder bones push/rub/poke side delt muscle until u're overhead, u are not getting ANY, time under tension when muscle/tendon is poked by ur own skeleton during movement because it switches the muscle off

lift db up, face away, internally rotate that shoulder and hold, if ya can't hold do mini extensions with internal rotations - my side delt was swollen the next day i tried it for the first time, literally grew overnight xD
>>
Just switch it up every once in a while. I like both.
>>
>>74111018
i think OP is full of shit

db lat raises are easily the most satisfying exercise

you're supposed to move your shoulders down , use low weight and do it slow. then you do the other one
>>
File: dumb-wojak51601859645.jpg (45 KB, 683x817)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>74111924
>switches the muscle off
>>
>>74111924
shut the fuck up mongoloid
>>
>>74111018
Here's a question
If you feel your shoulders click when doing this or a bit or discomfort near your spine when doing these, what is one doing wrong? Is it a form issue? Or weight issue?
>>
>>74112634
Weight. Youre stressing your shoulder ligaments and tendons. Lower the weight bro
>t. Rotator cuff issues from being a fucking idiot with heavy lateral raises and shit form

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.