[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_9483.jpg (186 KB, 1092x1064)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
Bros what should I do? I posted the other day and keep getting conflicting advice. Should I start a slow bulk and focus on putting mass on or cut? What do you think would benefit my physique more? I want to rep 1/2/3/4 for 5 reps but also be not a fat fuck. I lost 100lbs which is why my tits look like that lmao
>>
File: IMG_9488.jpg (165 KB, 866x1184)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>74111106
Another pic
>>
>>74111106
If your face is fat you cut. If your face is lean you bulk. Don't overcomplicate, it's all about the face.
>>
>>74111106
A little bit of both. I would work on building chest and shoulders first, then cycle in a cut to stay in healthy BMI range, repeat.
>>
>>74111106
>Should I start a slow bulk and focus on putting mass on or cut?
You are an adult. Make this decision for yourself. *Everybody's* physique benefits from less fat but you already knew this. Be a man and figure out what the FUCK you wanna do.
>>
You posted this a day ago we don’t need to go thru this again. Sage
>>
what a fucking waste
>>
>>74111106
No matter what you think of yourself, you're objectively fat. I'd say someone around 18-20%... If you think that bulk would be a good idea on 18-20% bf, you should really consider your life choices and probably kill yourself. My suggestion is start starving, you fat pig. Muscles can wait, but that extra fat is shortening your lifespan every second of every minute of every hour. How to know when you should start bulking? When you can see all of your abs without angle-frauding
>>
lift at maintenance

if you cut you'll be skelly and you dont need to bulk because you already have fat on your body

lift at maintenance
>>
>>74111106
>>74111111
how old are you? you have the tits of a 50yo.
>>
>>74111106
I think you should focus on putting on mass. Maybe doesn't need to be a full on "bulk" but just eating more or at maintenance to focus on muscle building. You have plenty of definition and no gut, cutting would have marginal aesthetic gains compared to building up your chest and abs. Normies/women would call you fit as you are.
>>
>>74111775
Dont be a cunt. He lost 100 lbs
>>
>>74111623
Lol cope I’m nowhere close to fat faggot
>>
>>74111106
THe time of year has made your decision for you. It's Spring, Spring is cutting season.
>>
>>74111106
i'd say we start with your goals.
>1/2/3/4 for 5 reps but also be not a fat fuck
you don't need to bulk to achieve the former, and you need to cut to achieve the latter. I'd continue to get stronger in the 3-5 or max 8 rep range, and lose weight gradually. 300-500kcal deficit, 4-6 weeks at a time, maintain for 2-3 weeks rinse and repeat. you'll barely suffer and you'll look a whole lot better.
>>
>>74111106
Build muscle bro. You have nothing to show off if you cut, youll just be small and pathetic. You got to focus on building up your muscle, which will be hard because if your anything like me (im in the -100lb club too bro, congrats) you have spent most of your adult life figuring out how NOT to eat. Buikd up that muscle, eat HEALTHY and up the quantity until you slowly gain. You gotta trigger hypertrophic growth so that your body's BMR/calorie burn increases, making dieting down easier in the future.

Good luck amigo, we're gonna make it.
>>
>>74111814
Yeah, I get the cope and delusion but you're fat. Check your BMI and you'll see for yourself. You literally need to cut. You asked the question and I gave you the answer and you obviously don't like it. In this case why you even bothered to ask it? Show this pic to any 20-25yo girl and she'll say the dude in pic is fat. Is it that hard for you to cut a bit more, you borderline retard? Drop to 10-12% and you'll be golden. I won't be commenting on your muscle insertions as others do because that's not something you could change and that's stupid tho, just as commenting on anybody's height
>>
>>74111106
In the long term? Bulk
In the short term? Cut
It depends on your immediate goals. You're going to end up doing both.

You're already lean enough to see the outline of abs so probably a bulk
>>
>>74111106
If I had that much fat I'd probably cut before trying to add any more leanmass.
>>
>>74112656
Kill yourself
>>
>>74111106
Man, all things considered you look great! Did you get any surgery? I'm tryna get like you. Got another 80 pounds to go.
>>
First tip is don't listen to the low iq browns on this site
>>
>>74111124
the only sensible post
>>
File: not fatty.jpg (246 KB, 1092x1064)
246 KB
246 KB JPG
>>74111814
kek
>>
>>74111106
>sweaty
>no shirt
>public toilet
You were taking a shit, weren't you
>>
File: IMG_9485.jpg (223 KB, 1283x1288)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>74111623
Thanks anon. I’m the actual OP, not sure why there was some pajeet trying to larp as me…how much do you think I need to lose? 15lbs?
>>
you need mass, anon. bulk until you're benching 225 for tens

>>74111116
actually that's really good advice, come to think of it. Your face tells you a lot about bf % usually, unless you're a freak (you're not)
>>
>>74114442
Thanks brah. For what it’s worth, I don’t think my face is fat. I still have females attracted to me currently. It’s just weird since I seem to store most of my fat in my chest/abdomen and the rest of me is lean. i look like big Lenny
>>
>>74114494
You're lean and not deformed, the sky's the limit even if you're not a gifted athlete. Ssquat/bench til your shoulders and legs catch up then lean out. Really the only advice I got (from screwing shit up myself) is don't forget to direct arm work to prevent Starting Strength Syndrome, and 'dirty bulk' is a meme, don't eat trash just eat some more of what you usually make. Godspeed, anon.
>>
>>74111751
>>74111792
Thanks anons. Do you think it’s still possible for me to lift at maintenance? I’ve been lifting for two years and after my first weight loss period I did about a 8 month recomp and got to the point where I couldn’t add anymore. Think I could do another recomp and change the rep range?
>>
>>74111106
just bench more nigga
>>
>>74112596
Congrats anon aswell. How is your physique holding up now? I’m glad I lost the weight but not going to lie it has mentally fucked me as shown by me posting here lol. I agree I feel like I have nothing to show for except for my back because it responded the best to my prior bulk.
>>
>>74114509
Appreciate it anon. I went thru a similar phase of dirty bulking when I was younger. I’ve tracked all my stuff for 3000+ days now from when I was really fat.
>>
File: 1681409971211177.jpg (329 KB, 1043x763)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>74114566
checked.

Awesome. Get big, anon. Swell them muscles out into that baggy skin where the fat use to be. Hell yeah you got this.
>>
>>74114593
Thanks brah. We are gonna make it. My last question, do you recommend lean bulk or should I recomp?
>>
>>74114614
Lean bulk, more meat in your diet and whatever fibers it takes to digest it right. Do programmed lifting with heavy doubles/triples as your PR metric (really doesn't matter how, SS, 5/3/1, HIIT, any of the programs known to drive your numbers up). Re-evaluate your physique when you can start pressing well over what you're pressing now and no sooner if you can help it, it's easy to get inside your head what with the mirror dismorphia.
>>
>>74111106
overall bulk, only unless you think getting shredded will help with face and you can maintain that, don't really feel like it would benefit your body otherwise, in a shirt you won't look different and on the beach you'll just look shredded skinny, probably not that impressive
>>
>>74111106
i would do a slow bulk in your position yes
>>74113328
can you read? he lost 100lbs, that's loose skin, at least in the abdomen. can literally see the outline of his abs, he's not fat
>>
File: IMG_9508.jpg (167 KB, 995x1393)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>74115137
fwiw this is what my face looks like currently. As you can see I don’t hold a lot of face fat
>>
File: IMG_9510.jpg (262 KB, 1242x2208)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>74115293
>>
>>74111106
If I looked like this again, this is what I wished I’d have done
>5 months SL 5x5 on a 300 calorie surplus
>2 months cut 500 cal deficit
>6-12 months on a program with a good mix of low rep and high rep, such as a PPL or greyskull LP or even a bro split tbqh while eating maintenance calories
>>74111111
Witnessed
>>
>>74111106
i would cut a little more till end of summer. inbetween take a week of maintenace. otherwise you might get dietfatigue. then you can start a slow bulk. and keep it slow. gains take time, you don't want to get fat again.
>>
>>74115672
This.
As others pointed, you are at 18-20%.
A cut with high protein will do wonders, at 15% will prime you for a slow bulk.
I don't think you should cut till abs (10-12%) you need muscle.

>we have the same body

>>74111111
Witnessed
>>
>>74114405
It's hard to tell. Even I myself sometimes feel like I'm at 13-14% bf and then I drink a bit more than usual and sodium just retains so much water I feel like 16% instantly. I guess you just need to cut until you have paper-thin skin on your lower abs, that's the only actual marker that shows you've done it, you made it to the end.
And again, don't listen to those other permabulkers trying to trick you into bulking, especially when summer's around the corner. Believe me, you don't want to be THAT guy, who walks around in baggy hoodies or sweaty t-shirts. You'll have your 6-9 cold months to pack some muscle mass, but now just cut as much as you can. Remember- it's always better to bulk up from skelly, rather than starve yourself down when you're a fat powershitter. I see you're going for aesthetics, so do it correctly. We're all gonna make it brah

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.