[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Are supplements a billion industry scam?
>>
>>74114577
May add some milk to my coffee this morning. I have the strange urge to enjoy some milk.
>>
>>74114577
It depends.
The usual suspects, creatine, beta alanine, bcaa, even baking soda, have a place and do things.
Mixes, weight trainers, preworkouts.... Not really, you can make your own for a fraction of the price
>>
>>74114577
She was so hot before she bogged herself
>>
>>74114577
The only supplements I've ever noticed any notable positive effects with are Fenugreek, Ashwagandha, Creatine, and BCAA's. Anything else is liable to be snake oil or cause health complications imo.
>>
>>74114577
I thought so. I was getting sick often while my blood tests were showing fine, resorted to supplements after pneumonia again, then stopped getting sick as much. Now I eat a bit better and think normal on blood tests might not be everyone's normal
>>
>vitamins
Good for what they do. Especially when cutting where you're not eating as much. Multivitamin a day is something everyone should do considering how cheap they are.
>Protein powder
good if you want to use it. Not required but handy as a crutch or when traveling, or if you just want something sweet to drink over the standard chicken breast
>creatine
tons of research backing it up. All research that has been done on creatine has been done with supplemented creatine.
>literally anything else
likely a scam or won't make a big enough difference for the cost.
>>
>>74114577
vitamin D is good. not sure about anything else
>>
>>74115851
I heard multivitamins are trash from various sources I don't really feel like digging up.
But otherwise I agree with what you say.
In general though, you should be getting your macro + micro nutrients from your food and supplementing if truly necessary.
I'd venture to say the vast majority of people really do not need supplements beyond protein powder.
>>
>>74114577
>multi-vits
scam
>fish oil
most are shit and youd get better omegas from actual fish. (sardines and shit are even better)
>creatine
good
>vit d
just go outside
>anything else
scam in supplement form and can be got through a good diet. eat more red meat. (fwiw tho, i do like taking ZMA before bed. has been the only supplement i can actually notice a difference with in that i am able to sleep deeper)
>>
File: mussolinisbreakfast.jpg (14 KB, 295x171)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>74114577
1 glass of unpasteurized milk and you're good, bro
>>
>>74115761
The MD or the record of you labs should have told you that "normal range" is the expected numbers for the lab value in humans who are healthy. They are not truly universal "normals".
>>
>>74114577
>billion industry
?
>>
>>74116746
he's esl forgive him
>>
>>74116002
A lot of multivitamins have the cheapest forms of vitamins. Which are usually the least bioavailable forms
>>
>>74116808
Nothing to forgive, only EOPs suck.
>>
the big ones are
vit c
creatine
d3
zinc
omega 3
melatonin
magnesium

omega 3, creatine, zinc, magnesium are hard to get in average diet. d3 is good if you live in an extremely cloudy northern climate. vit c can be met from food but a mega dose (2+ g) has major health benefits daily. melatonin is optional but can be good for sleep health.

all of these are pretty low cost and you'll see major benefits. most other supps dont have nearly as much impact
>>
Mmmmmm white women
>>
>>74114577
>Are supplements a billion industry scam?
yes.
creatine is the biggest scam ever.
if it works, it's not a supplent.
>>
I supplement with test, eq, tren, Winstrol, Anavar and sometimes Masteron & Deca. They all seem to work well.
>>
>>74115851
protein powder is not sweet lol you are probably thinking of the sucralose
>>
>>74114577
>looking like this and not having a black bf is a crime
>>
>>74114577
Imagine ripping out her hair
>>
File: 1712818684393117.gif (343 KB, 900x900)
343 KB
343 KB GIF
>>74118358
Who are you kidding rajesh, you wouldn't even be able to accomplish that much.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.