[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/fit/ - Fitness

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

If you had to choose one, and only one, which one would you choose and why?
>>
>>74129185
Front. High bar second.
It just feels better, even if you can move less weight.
And the bottom stretch is worth something.
>>
>>74129185
Zercher on Monday; front squat on Friday
>>
>>74129228
>>74129272
Always dyel snowflakes that use fronts and zerchers as primary squats.
>>
>>74129185
They’re really not that different. I’ve spent long periods doing low bar and long periods doing high bar. Right now I’m doing high bar. Do whatever feels best for you, or learn to do both
>>
>>74129185
Lowbar. More balanced. Enjoy exploding knees and lack of athleticism if you exclusively front/highbar.
>>
>>74129185
My body seems to want to more naturally do low bar even though I'd prefer to do high bar. Is this a proportion thing or a flexibility thing?
>>
>>74129491
high bar only requires ankle flexibility
you can compensate for proportion thing with ankle flexibility or raise heels
but quads are a show muscle, ass and hams are what actually lets you run, jump, lift shit, etc
>>
I can only do low bar. I've spent years stretching and literally never been able to go below parallel ever. Not once. Not with insane rounding.
>>
>>74129185
>Put the bar on my neck
>Squat
>It looks exactly like a low bar squat
I'm just incapable of doing your faggy retard squat
>>
>>74129518
Which is better for those.
>>
>>74129479
lmao
Rippletits isn't going to suck your cock no matter how much you suck his, bro.
>>
>>74129185
I like high bar while sitting back. It gives me the majority of the benefit of low bar without giving me shoulder or wrist issues from the bar position.
>>
>>74129552
For what
They're both an overall leg exercise, you need quad isolation for dat quad sweep but you'll get overall quad growth if you do high rep lowbar

>>74129555
Ok, look at oly jumpers, sprinters, etc, see if they have bigger quads or hams/glutes. Oly is the only sport that needs quads, and only to front squat out of the hole. That and bodybuilding.
>>
>>74129555
I don't know who that is
>>
Fug you can see hamstrings being several times thicker than quads on sprinters.
>>
>front/high bar is LE ATHLETIC

"Among the elite and sub-elite sprinters there was variability in performance with 100m personal bests that ranged from 9.91 to 11.25 seconds.

The researchers found 44% of this variability in performance was explained by the size of the gluteus maximus and that this muscle was 45% bigger in elite sprinters than sub-elite sprinters."
>>
>>74129635
Front squats hit quads and glutes as heavy as any other squat tho.
It's hams that they leave behind.
>>
>>74129185
only leverage abusing powershitters do low bar.
>>
>>74129185
I have long femurs at 190cm so I prefer low bar as I can get more depth while feeling stronger and more stable
>>
>>74129185
High bar just feels better, granted I haven't done low bar in 2 years but iirc I felt it more in my lower back, I'd rather stress it doing another exercise.
It's likely my form was shite thoughmever'stve
>>
>>74129643
I cba to think about the anatomy but in op's pic even the highbar back squat has a larger hip angle and it's gonna have a lower total weight so glutes won't work as hard. And lowbar squats are gonna train quads regardless. From personal experience, heavy lowbars = ass on fire, high rep lowbars = quads on fire. I just do box squats to learn to use my glutes and hams because even after squatting 240kg I still fail to engage it as much as I should. And then I front squat. But OP wants one exercise. So it's gotta be lowbar.
>>
I have proof that only manlets do high bar.
>>
>>74129733
You sound like you enjoy checking things out yourself - then just check it out, work your front squat up, and do only that for a while, you'll feel it in your glutes.
There's a long boring explanation, but who cares. The muscles that you won't feel doing front squats are only the hamstrings.
>>
>>74129185
Did both, low bar feels better personally, more stable
>>
>>74129347
>They’re really not that different
dyel
>>
>>74129185
Low bar because i have long femurs. Also because im not a homosexual.
>>
>>74129321
NTA but I am bad at squatting, good at deadlifting. I can still back squat 3pl8 for reps, but my DL is at 5pl8 for reps.
While focusing on my deadlift I just do front squat because it's a much better accessory for DLs than a normal squat and there's less cross fatigue to worry about.

Try it, push press + deadlift as main lifts with front squats and close grip bench as accessories is a kino combo.
>>
HYBRID SQUATS
https://youtu.be/qu6-KiPL89c?si=XMMn4YLwrmiVfE1o
>>
>>74129479
Yeah I'm sure you're more athletic than all those olympic weightlifters you fucking chubby goofball
>>
>>74129617
yea cause all sprinters/joggers roid
>>
>>74129185
I think the low bar squat is the best at doing what it does well, and there's better exercise if you wanna build quads.
>>
Low bar because it uses the most amount of muscle mass and allows for the most loading. Also, you can reach good depth the people who just say you can't are DYEL. Low bar hits quads, don't care what anyone says. I'm not doing 5 different quad isolation squat variations with varying rep schemes when I can just do low bar ATG with heavy weight.
>>
File: gf.jpg (88 KB, 1080x1080)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>74129547
>Incapable of lifting with proper form because you're such a fat fuck you can't figure out where to put the bar
I think you're the retard in this situation, faggot.
>>
>>74132992
deadlift uses even more. just drop squats for deadlifts then. and while you're at, do sumo because it allows for "the most loading." actually just do leg press that's obviously the best since you can "load" 3000lbs. yeah that's clearly the most "athletic" according my calculations. forget about all the athletes squatting highbar, they don't know what they're doing.
>>
>>74129185
Idk if it's because I'm Lord of Dyelton Duke of Dyelsbury in the kingdom of do you even lift but my high bar form was so ugly my calisthenics only bro watched it and was like "nigga you're fucking up"
Low bar is dramatically more comfortable for me and I feel much more stable. My hams are very stiff though so I still suffer from butt wink if I go too far down. I'm working on it.
I'm general I suspect it's just a body mechanics thing and everyone will have a bar position that feels most natural.
>>
>>74129545
Iktfb
>>
Neither. Bar should be as low possible without needing addional support with arms. You can find perfect spot with empty bar back squatting hands free. High bar is for olympic lifting and low bar for powershitting.
>>
>>74129185
high bar atg is the most natural and comfortable for me. it also has the highest amount of quad activation/hypertrophy, which is what the squat should be targeting first and foremost.
>>
>>74134619
It's not fair.
>>
>>74134554
Don't care
>>
>>74134622
anon this is a textbook high bar squat position
>>
>>74129185
High bar all day every fucking day. Low bar is for half rep powersharters. If you don't do sumo deads or lift your tits up to touch the bar in bench then you shouldn't do low bar. Low bar is cheating shit like the rest
>>
>>74136630
Because you have no argument retard
>>
my lower back gets really sore squatting high bar in the 8-10 rep range
low bar 3-5 rep range, no issues at all. what could i be doing wrong on these way lower weighted high bar squats?
>>
>>74129185
hack squat

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.